trouble with rule to permanently delete email by sender

I've been having difficulty with a particular person for some time who
refuses to accept that I don't want to see her emails.  Consequently,
I have set up my outlook rule to permanently delete any email from
this person.  However, it appears the rules aren't working as I am
continuing to get (at least some) emails.  So every time I get another
email from this person I right-click on it and set up another rule to
delete email from that email address.  When I look at all my rules, it
looks like I now have 5 rules to permanently delete from this same
email address.  I assume they are the same because outlooks labels
them Name(n) where n = 1 through 4.

This person has some computing background so I speculated she might
know a way to generate different email addresses that look like they
are coming from the same person but are really different.  So I
exported my rules into a .rwz file and looked at this with notepad.
It's not an ascii file but the email address shows as ascii and these
email addresses all look the same.

Anybody have any idea what might be going on here?  Is there a bug in
outlook or something I'm no aware of?  Suggestions?  I'm using
outlook2003 SP3 on Win XP.
0
sysdrk

"sysdrk" <sysdrk@wowway.com> wrote in message

> I've been having difficulty with a particular person for some time who
> refuses to accept that I don't want to see her emails.  Consequently,
> I have set up my outlook rule to permanently delete any email from
> this person.  However, it appears the rules aren't working as I am
> continuing to get (at least some) emails.  So every time I get another
> email from this person I right-click on it and set up another rule to
> delete email from that email address.  When I look at all my rules, it
> looks like I now have 5 rules to permanently delete from this same
> email address.  I assume they are the same because outlooks labels
> them Name(n) where n = 1 through 4.

In my opinion, using a condition other than "from people ot distribution list"
is a better idea and more likely to work.  Right-click, in Inbox, one of the
messages and choose Options.  Examine the headers and look for something like
the domain the person uses.  That's more likely to remain unchanged.  If the
sender's domain is unique to that person, i.e., other people who write to you
don't use that domain, then use the "with specific words in the message
header" and make the specific words the sender's domain.  If the domain isn't
unique enough, then there could be another string in the header that will be
unique to that person and you could use that.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

SBS 2003 and Email Not Receiving

Emails #8
i am recieving my emails ten minutes after everyone else in the company and it is started to effect urgent matters, i havegone into outlok tools to see if i could change anything but that doesnt seem to have worked, can someone please help What version of Outlook are you using? If Outlook 2003 do you have the Junk Mail filter turned on? Is this an Exchange Environment? If so, what version. "Kim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:fb2901c43e6f$d095b2a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >i am recieving my emails ten minutes after everyone else > in the co...

Retrieve Lost Email

can't send or receive emails

Delete dead mailbox from active directory
We have four exchange servers - two E2K and two E2k3. One of the E2k server just died due to corrupt array control. We had no mailboxes or anything else on that server. One of our administrator must have created one mailbox on that server by mistake and he never realized that until now. server died and we deleted that mailbox from active directory but, when i try to remove the server from system manager i get message saying can't remove because there are mailboxes associated with this information store. Is there any other way i can remove that server from active directory or s...

How do you delete an Assembly Item?
I have an assembly item code, and I want to delete it to make it inactive. I cannot find any help on this, nor can I actually FIND the assembly item. Please help!! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0461_01C6F844.55DE89B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Nutribodies, You can't make an Assembly inactive as its not really an item, just a = reference to a group of items. You can delete it though. One way of finding items is by their Item type. Click on the Item Type = column header and th...

multiple email identities

Can you delete Business Alerts?

Re: teach me how to send friends email

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

no access to send internet email

making filtering rules?
hi, i am trying to create a rule that goes something like if (site1.com OR site2.org OR site3.gov) AND (agri OR agriculture OR agribusiness) then move to folder X that is, if it is from any of those sites AND has any of those keywords then move it. The problem is i can't seem to figure out the specifying the AND part. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated! Cheers -Gaiko ...

delays in recieving outside emails

Email Statements from Collection Module

Outlook 2003 rules question again

email attachments
Why is Word 2007 opening all my email attachments? It probably isn't. Outlook 2007 has a new text editor that looks just like Word 2007, but it is in reality a separate text editor in its own .dll package. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "josie" <josie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5961A60C-462F-4CBA-A276-4A8D0F7FB1F5@microsoft.com... > Why is Word 2007 opening all my email attachments? It depends on which file of file or file extension the attachment is. Each type of file extension (*.txt, *.doc etc.) has a default program. It ...

Remade Folders, Now Old Email Gone
I created a couple new profiles so I could separate my work and personal emails when I work from home. At the end of the process, when prompted by Outlook to remake my folders, I foolishly remade my folders. Now, all my old emails which were in my Inbox have gone missing. I searched for pab and pst files but they are not to be found. Any ideas will be most appreciated. Geoff You didn't even post your Outlook version or operating system. How are we supposed to help? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Geoff Robinson" <geoffr2@aol.com> wrote in message news:978b35e2.0406091...

Shared email account
I am new XP user. I have set up separate XP accounts for me and for my wife. I would like to have both of us to be able to use the same Outlook email address. How do I set up Outlook so that the 2 XP accounts look at the same Inbox, Sent Items, Address Book, etc.? Thanks, Dan P Locate the pst-file for the account that now has all the e-mails in it. Move the pst-file to a location both can reach (for instance C:\Outlook) Start Outlook fot that user and it will prompt you for the new location. Once configured close Outlook for that user and logon as the other user Open Outlook and choo...

Auto Delete the e-mail
Hi all We are using Microsoft Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. One mail box calls "Sales", i configured the achieve function for this mail box, this function will automatically delete mail if the mail is order than 7 days. But this function is not running if the outlook closed, is it possible this function running on server only, no need to open Microsoft Outlook for running the achieve function in client PC ? Philip In news:uApBq0j8FHA.2800@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, Philip Tsang <philip@sib-infotech.com> typed: > Hi all > > We are using Microsoft Exchange 2003...

EMAIL FILTERS
For just over a week now ALL emails sent to me from external sources are going directly to my deleted files yet anything sent through my company network goes to my inbox as designed. I have looked into my rules and find nothing there to direct these emails to be deleted. Any suggestions where else to look? Disable all your rules. Enable them one at a time to find the culprit. It has to be a rule. CASEY wrote: > For just over a week now ALL emails sent to me from > external sources are going directly to my deleted files > yet anything sent through my company network goes to my...