trouble sending large files

I am having trouble in outlook express 6 sending large files.  When I say
large I mean a half meg or larger.
The send bar will go to about 99% and then just stay idle at that point.
Eventually I get an error message that says it has stopped responding and
asks what I would like to do.  Continue trying or stop.  No matter which I
pick it stays the same.  Then I find out it sends multiple copies for each
time I try to stop it. This can be very annoying to my friends who have a
dial-up.  Any suggestions?



0
daddyo1 (2)
4/7/2004 12:16:43 PM
outlook 87535 articles. 11 followers. Follow

3 Replies
385 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 20

Are your using a dialup or broadband (cable/dsl) account?  If broadband, are
you behind a router (e.g. Linksys) that lets you share that IP address with
many machines?  The reason that I ask is that Linksys (others as well)
routers are known to corrupt packets or not inform the operating system to
adjust packets to a smaller size.  To correct, this generally requires the
user to make a registry edit that lowers the MTU below the default ethernet
standard of 1500.

"DaddyO" <daddyo@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:LiScc.207783$_w.1965841@attbi_s53...
> I am having trouble in outlook express 6 sending large files.  When I say
> large I mean a half meg or larger.
> The send bar will go to about 99% and then just stay idle at that point.
> Eventually I get an error message that says it has stopped responding and
> asks what I would like to do.  Continue trying or stop.  No matter which I
> pick it stays the same.  Then I find out it sends multiple copies for each
> time I try to stop it. This can be very annoying to my friends who have a
> dial-up.  Any suggestions?
>
>
>


0
neoheart (690)
4/7/2004 12:29:18 PM
Yes, I'm using broadband.
Do you know how much below the 1500?
Thanks


"neo [mvp outlook]" <neoheart@remove-heart.mvps.org> wrote in message
news:%23558yvJHEHA.2472@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Are your using a dialup or broadband (cable/dsl) account?  If broadband,
are
> you behind a router (e.g. Linksys) that lets you share that IP address
with
> many machines?  The reason that I ask is that Linksys (others as well)
> routers are known to corrupt packets or not inform the operating system to
> adjust packets to a smaller size.  To correct, this generally requires the
> user to make a registry edit that lowers the MTU below the default
ethernet
> standard of 1500.
>
> "DaddyO" <daddyo@nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:LiScc.207783$_w.1965841@attbi_s53...
> > I am having trouble in outlook express 6 sending large files.  When I
say
> > large I mean a half meg or larger.
> > The send bar will go to about 99% and then just stay idle at that point.
> > Eventually I get an error message that says it has stopped responding
and
> > asks what I would like to do.  Continue trying or stop.  No matter which
I
> > pick it stays the same.  Then I find out it sends multiple copies for
each
> > time I try to stop it. This can be very annoying to my friends who have
a
> > dial-up.  Any suggestions?
> >
> >
> >
>
>


0
daddyo1 (2)
4/7/2004 3:41:48 PM
Try 1492 , 1460, or 1420.

"DaddyO" <daddyo@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:0jVcc.90657$JO3.45693@attbi_s04...
> Yes, I'm using broadband.
> Do you know how much below the 1500?
> Thanks
>
>
> "neo [mvp outlook]" <neoheart@remove-heart.mvps.org> wrote in message
> news:%23558yvJHEHA.2472@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > Are your using a dialup or broadband (cable/dsl) account?  If broadband,
> are
> > you behind a router (e.g. Linksys) that lets you share that IP address
> with
> > many machines?  The reason that I ask is that Linksys (others as well)
> > routers are known to corrupt packets or not inform the operating system
to
> > adjust packets to a smaller size.  To correct, this generally requires
the
> > user to make a registry edit that lowers the MTU below the default
> ethernet
> > standard of 1500.
> >
> > "DaddyO" <daddyo@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > news:LiScc.207783$_w.1965841@attbi_s53...
> > > I am having trouble in outlook express 6 sending large files.  When I
> say
> > > large I mean a half meg or larger.
> > > The send bar will go to about 99% and then just stay idle at that
point.
> > > Eventually I get an error message that says it has stopped responding
> and
> > > asks what I would like to do.  Continue trying or stop.  No matter
which
> I
> > > pick it stays the same.  Then I find out it sends multiple copies for
> each
> > > time I try to stop it. This can be very annoying to my friends who
have
> a
> > > dial-up.  Any suggestions?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


0
neoheart (690)
4/8/2004 12:40:56 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Prohibited File Type?
If someone sends me a picture file as an attachment to an email message I get shown "Prohibited File Type..file deactivated". I can see the pic in the body of the message but can't open and view the picture file by clicking it? Similarly if I try to attach a picture file to a message I send that also gives the same warning both before sending and to the recipient? The files In question are jpg files. Anyone advise please? Tools/Safety/Options/Security Uncheck - do not allow attachments to be save or opened - block images and other external content Check (op...

.xls files opening in IE rather than xls
When opening files downloaded from the web, they are opened in an IE windo rather than the appropriate Office 2003 tool (word, excel, etc.) From a previous post: There's a setting in Windows that you can change. In win98, I can do this: Start Windows Explorer View|Folder Options File Types Tab scroll down to MS Excel Worksheet Select it click the edit button There's an option to "browse in same window". Uncheck it. That's where you can toggle the "confirm open after download", too. How to Configure Internet Explorer to Open Office Documents in the Appr...

I can send but not receive emails in outlook
I have just installed Outlook 2003. I can send emails but cannot receive them. I have confirmed my internet settings with my ISP. If I return to Outlook Express which was installed with Microsoft Works I can still access my incoming mail from there Do you receive any errors when trying to receive? "TeeJay" <TeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1BA6E6F-2C25-460E-9F4F-8A6EB8C9CA96@microsoft.com... >I have just installed Outlook 2003. I can send emails but cannot receive > them. I have confirmed my internet settings with my ISP. If I return to >...

Outlook 2003 won't send 1 message
I'm having the same problem as Joshua..and it just started today after I loaded a lot of Windows XP Professional updates off the Microsoft site. One message is hung in my outbox; if I write a new message, it moves to the hung position and won't send. Any ideas? I am having the same problem with Outlook 2003. I just can't send the message. Anyone have any ideas? "kenc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:085601c3bc08$e6e7ff70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm having the same problem as Joshua..and it just > started today after I loa...

Hidden Folders and Files
I am using Windows XP pro, 2nd, service pack. For some reason, I am now unable to see my hidden files and folders, even though I was able to a short while ago. I don't know what I have done to change this. Under folder options I have selected "Display the contents of system folders" and "Show hidden files and folders" However they are not visible. Any advise? Thanks. leasider<SPAM> wrote: > I am using Windows XP pro, 2nd, service pack. > > For some reason, I am now unable to see my hidden files and folders, > even though I was able to a short ...

How do I install when "file ZF561407.CAB can not be found"
...

Excel 2000: File >> New menu command causes application crash
This is occurring on only one machine on a network! After saving an emailed Excel template to a standard network location for Microsoft templates, when selecting File >> New this installation of Excel 2000 crashes ("Excel not responding" on Close program dialog). On other machines there is no problem. Have "repaired" Microsoft Office using that option from the installation CD-ROM, have removed Excel from Office installation, rebooted and reinstalled Excel. No change on the problem behaviour. Everything else appears to be working just fine in this copy of Excel. We ...

Trouble using resolution for Outlook error
I am recieving the error in Outlook mentioned on the following page: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822503 The instructions say to resolve the issue for an existing installation, specify the *.pst file by using the Mail icon in Control Panel. First of all, I do not know what *.pst file they are referring to. The following directory on my machine: C:\Documents and Settings\Nathan Sokalski\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook Contains the following *.pst files: archive.pst njsokalski@hotmail.comHotmail-00000002.pst Outlook1.pst Outlook.pst I am ver...

Error During Send/Receive in Outlook 2003
Hi all, When i try and send/receive in outlook 2003 it sends out my mail fine however when it gets to receiving or updating the inbox i come up with the following error: Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8007000E) : 'Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.' I do not have any windows open. Below are the few things that i have tried already. -restart Outlook -make sure no windows are open -finaly restarted the computer and still no luck. Well Hope to get a solution. Best Regards What are you system specs ? CPU...

Trouble getting Bill Pay to work with Money 2005
I upgraded from Money 2004 Deluxe to Money 2005 Premium this evening. I had Bill Pay working in the 2004 version. I went to enable the "Access your Money data on the Web" option in Settings. It said that I had to disable Bill Pay first before it would continue and that it would enable Bill Pay again once the process was complete. Unfortunately, now I can't get Bill Pay enabled again. I can go to the Bills screen and see my scheduled bills, but I can't do ePay through Bill Pay in Money anymore. When I go to Manage Online Services, I see my bank accounts that are ...

a larger window to view the files
Hello, When I click on the "FILE, OPEN" menu items I get a dialogue box showing a list of all the Excel files on my directory and then I can chose the file I want to open. Often, before I select which file I want, I need to resize the columns (Name, Size, type, modified) within that dialogue box to look at various properties and it would be ever so useful if there existed a Macro or utility that presented the list of files in a somewhat larger window so that I did not need to move the column widths each time. Needless to say, this does not just apply to Excel but that is a prog I ...

Unable to import Quicken file to Money
I am trying to import my QUICKEN 2004 data file (QDATA.QDF) into Money 2004. I followed all the directions and validated the QDATA file first, but NOTHING imports. All I get are messages that indicate "Your Quicken file contained invalid transaction types". The only transactions I have are account (Checking and Savings) transactions - debits and credits. I have tried this a number of times, and downloaded all updates to Money, but nothing ever converts. Can anyone help? You can not import Q2004 into M2004. You'll have to wait a few more days and then import it into M2...

Deleting over-large outgoing mail
I accidentially attached a 6 MB file to a mail item that was to go out on my Hotmail account. Now that it's in the outbox, Hotmail won't take it (it's too large) and I can't delete it (permission denied). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, J. Create a new .pst file and make it the default. Close and reopen Outlook. Go into your outbox and delete the message. Close the new .pst file. Close and reopen Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my pers...

outlook cant find file MSOE.DLL
when i try to open outlook an error msg comes up - cannot locate file MSOE.DLL. when i went to start, find, folder/files and searched for it i found it. how can i fix the problem please help. If you're using XP, it should be in the Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\Outlook Express. This implies that it associates with the user who's logged into the system. Are you logging in as User Name in the above example? If not, that's why it can't find it. Further help is available in MSOE.TXT in the same sub-directory. Good Luck! <dinky_devil@hotmail.com> wrote...

get a list of file in a directory
Hi. what would be the best way to return a list of files in a directory. I know in VB you could use the dir function, but what should i use in MFC. Doen anyone know of a class available where I could say return all the file in a certain directory and its sub directories Regards Dylan Take a look at the CFileFind MFC class. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Dylan Franklin" <dyl2000@lineone.net> wrote in message news:eHHBr0MxDHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi. > > what would be the best way to return a list of files i...

Outlook XP and 2003
Weird Outlook 2002 and 2003 problem. If I start a message from within Outlook and attach a file it sends normally, but if I try and send by hitting the 'mail' button from within Word or Excel (filling in the pertinent info and hit send) the message just goes to the Outlook's outbox and will not go out no matter how many times I hit 'send and receive'. The same goes for files or pictures if I go to the file 1st and do a R-click send to mail. They just end up in the outbox and will not send. -- "I don't cheat to survive. I cheat to LIVE!!" - Alceryes ...

Visio File Summary Dialog Box is showing wrong file name and size
Hi all, I am using Visio 2003 ActiveX Control in my application using VB.NET 2005. I am calling "visCmdFileSummaryInfoDlg" Command to open File Summary Dialog Box. Dialog Box is open successfully but it always showing Template file size instead of open file size in General Tab. The information it shows is: Type: Microsoft Visio Drawing Location: Size :(928 bytes) Based on: Template - ValueStreamMap.vst Can any one let me know about any property or way so that it shows correct file size? Thanks Asif Can we assume that the new drawing has been saved to disk before you call th...

2 mirror files with :1 and :2
Not sure how, but have 1 excel file, lets call it FILEA.xls and when I open it, it opens a FILEA:1 and a FILEA:2 workbook. Any change made to FILEA:1 gets repeated in FILEA:2 and vice versa. Looks like some sort of mirroring, or changes being tracked, but track changes is turned off. Any help is appreciated! Hi you've opened two windows of the same workbook (from the window /new window menu) - just close one and then save - this should solve the problem Cheers JulieD "DJR" <DJR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0F6BDF5-9DC2-486E-947C-ABBB6C4544...

Outlook Data File Not Closing Properly
I always get the following error message when starting Outlook 2002 (running Office XP and Windows XP) : "The data file 'outlook' was not closed properly. The file is being checked for problems." I get this message everytime (whether I hibernate or shut down) when I start Outlook. This checking of the file can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes and is very frustrating. Anyone have any idea what the issue is ? This started happening just after I installed XP SP3. ...

Incompatible file format.
Have been using Money for years and have Money Deluxe 2007 installed on both my home (Vista) machine and my notebook (XP) machine. Problem is when I go on the road and take my Money file with me, my XP machine says that the file is incompatible and was created with a newer or updated version of Money. Both machines have the same version and are both include the latest updates. What gives? Did Microsoft create something in Vista that precludes using the Money file under any other operating system? I may have to switch to Quicken or even a Linux version if they keep this up.............

OS 8.6 Office '98 no "File/Save" in Word
OS 8.6 Office '98 All of the sudden, there is no "File/Save" in Word. Not that is grayed out, it just is NOT there at all. The first time this happened, a reboot got it back, now that doesn't work. In article <cf47e17c.0409130841.490a65f9@posting.google.com>, jmorse@premier1.net (James Morse) wrote: > OS 8.6 Office '98 > > All of the sudden, there is no "File/Save" in Word. Not that is grayed > out, it just is NOT there at all. > > The first time this happened, a reboot got it back, now that doesn't > work. Choose Tools/Cus...

Send to ip address
Is there a way to send the journal entries (receipt copy) to an ip address? I'm trying to integrate into the cctv system (security cameras) which accepts the data via an ip address / port #5111. I would like to do it with the software rather than have more hardware (serial tap onto printer). Thanks Robert I am trying to do that same thing but I am trying to make it work thru a 2nd printer that wont be there. "Orbyog" wrote: > Is there a way to send the journal entries (receipt copy) to an ip address? > I'm trying to integrate into the cctv system (security cam...

How to save the value in the CEdit control to a text file?
Im generating a random number to the CEdit control and now i want t save all of this value to a text file. I dont know to code it in the way of MFC. I hope whose know it can send me the soding cause im running out the time to do my project thanks You can use GetWindowText to get its contents and then use CStdioFile class to write the text. MSDN has enough documentation on this. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "TLee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F730B5D6-85F7-45D9-80D9-C43598FA47B6@microsoft.com... | Im generating a random numbe...

Converting bidirectional text files to and from ANSI
I need to convert bidirectional text files to and from ANSI format. Excel refers me to a "ConvText.exe" file that I do not have. Does anyone have this file or how can I get the file. Using excel 2002. I had never heard of Bidirectional text files, so I googled and found this: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP052626761033.aspx Convert bidirectional text files to and from ANSI And the top of that web page started with: The ConvText utility is available on the installation CDs for Microsoft Office language versions that offer right-to-left support. So if you'...

Is a mail having an attachment
I want to create a report based on the log file located at \Excsrver\Tracking.log in MS Exchange Server 5.5. Using the log file, how will I know that a mail was having an attachment or not ? ...