Trouble sending emails #2

I am recieving emails, but every time I try to send one I get an error
message saying, "The server does not support the required HTTP methods. Ther
server responded 'Not Implemented'." I have no idea wht that means or what I
need to change. Help!
0
Tina (84)

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 15:05:06 -0800, Tina wrote:

> I am recieving emails, but every time I try to send one I get an error
> message saying, "The server does not support the required HTTP methods. Ther
> server responded 'Not Implemented'." I have no idea wht that means or what I
> need to change. Help!

What version of Outlook do you have?  I assume that you've set up an HTTP
account to either Hotmail or MSN - is that the case?

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development

"Jeff Stephenson [MSFT]" wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 15:05:06 -0800, Tina wrote:
>
> > I am recieving emails, but every time I try to send one I get an error
> > message saying, "The server does not support the required HTTP methods. Ther
> > server responded 'Not Implemented'." I have no idea wht that means or what I
> > need to change. Help!
>
> What version of Outlook do you have?  I assume that you've set up an HTTP
> account to either Hotmail or MSN - is that the case?
>
> --
> Jeff Stephenson
> Outlook Development

Tina (84)
12/30/2004 11:49:06 PM
You'll find your version information in Help -> About Microsoft Outlook...

No, att.net does not support HTTP mail accounts - only Hotmail and MSN do.
You'll want to use a POP3 account for att.net - they should have provided
you with the information you'll need to fill in when you create that
account.

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 15:49:06 -0800, Tina wrote:

> I set up a msn account, but that is not the default account. In fact, the
> msn account isn't anywhere on the outlook profile - I just opened now to
> ask these quesions online.... Will an att.net account not work as a
> http? What kind of email is it then? Sorry if that's a dumb question-
> this is all greek to me....
> Also, where can I find out which outlook I have? I have Windows 2000 and
> when I look at the oulook properties it doesn't give a year...
> Thank you very much for taking the time to help me...

0
stephenson (1246)
12/31/2004 12:29:03 AM
Thanks - so do you know where to find my server information - the 'incoming
server (POP3) and the outgoing server (SMTP)'?
FYI - I have Outlook 2002.

"Jeff Stephenson [MSFT]" wrote:

> You'll find your version information in Help -> About Microsoft Outlook...
>
> No, att.net does not support HTTP mail accounts - only Hotmail and MSN do.
> You'll want to use a POP3 account for att.net - they should have provided
> you with the information you'll need to fill in when you create that
> account.
>
> --
> Jeff Stephenson
> Outlook Development
>
> On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 15:49:06 -0800, Tina wrote:
>
> > I set up a msn account, but that is not the default account. In fact, the
> > msn account isn't anywhere on the outlook profile - I just opened now to
> > ask these quesions online.... Will an att.net account not work as a
> > http? What kind of email is it then? Sorry if that's a dumb question-
> > this is all greek to me....
> > Also, where can I find out which outlook I have? I have Windows 2000 and
> > when I look at the oulook properties it doesn't give a year...
> > Thank you very much for taking the time to help me...

0
Tina (84)
12/31/2004 1:05:09 AM
Hi again-
I figured it out! Yeah! Thank you soooo much for your help. Do you work for
Microsoft? Please email me at c.lease@att.net so I can maybe use you in the
future??? :) You have no idea how nice it is to have your help - I was lost.
Tina

"Tina" wrote:

> I am recieving emails, but every time I try to send one I get an error
> message saying, "The server does not support the required HTTP methods. Ther
> server responded 'Not Implemented'." I have no idea wht that means or what I
> need to change. Help!
0
Tina (84)
12/31/2004 1:21:02 AM
On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 17:21:02 -0800, Tina wrote:

> Hi again-
> I figured it out! Yeah! Thank you soooo much for your help. Do you work for
> Microsoft? Please email me at c.lease@att.net so I can maybe use you in the
> future??? :) You have no idea how nice it is to have your help - I was lost.
> Tina

I'm glad you got things straightened out.  Yes, I work for Microsoft - I'm
one of the folks that writes Outlook code.  For future problems, you're
much better off posting to this group (actually
microsoft.public.outlook.general is preferable) - the collective knowledge
of the people that monitor these groups is much greater than that of any
one person...

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development

shadow copy #2
i need refernce for shadow copy Hi , If I understand correctly you are looking for Volume Shadow Copy Services ( VSS) This below links will be of help to you. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/overview/technologies/ fileandprint.mspx http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/techinfo/overview/file.mspx This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Regards, Amit Mantri ...

email not sending
I can receive, but not send get this message The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Re: good morning', Account: 'pop.secureserver.net', Server: 'smtpout.secureserver.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I have already restarted computer, and unplugged and replugged internet? Using Windows Mail on Vista??? Please help ASAP Secureserver.net provides email service for many ISPs. The best thing for you to do is to find the instructions for your ISP. However, here are the generic s...

Auto-forward email
I want to forward my work emails to my home account, but my understanding is I need to be logged on and have Outlook running 24/7 in order for the Out of Office Assistant to work. Is this true? Unfortunately, my machine is used by other users so I can't be logged on 24/7. Is there any way to setup my account on the Exchange Server (2003) to forward incoming emails to my home account? TIA! No, not true. When you've enabled the OoOA you can close Outlook and the forward rule will be processed unless the rule specifically says local only. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www....

Email on Sales Stage change
I would like to send an email when an opportunity changes sales stages. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance, Loreeta Sorry my mistake, just noticed the Activity button activated. Loreeta "MattNC" wrote: > You can program a Sales Process type workflow. Log in to your CRM server and > open the Workflow Manager. Select the Opportunity entity and on the top right > next to View: select Sales Process, then click the new button back on the > left side. > -- > Matt Wittemann > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com > > > "Loreeta" wrote: > > &...

Wrong Name showing up in email from Entourage client
I am running Exchange 2003 and have 1 client whose last name is showing up wrong in his outgoing emails. He is running the Entourage with no service packs. I have checked his Windows and Exchange account and I can't find the incorrect spelling issue. Is there a setting within Entourage that might be overriding this? Thanks John Yes. It is set in Entourage preferences on the client. "John" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eeWRuSpJGHA.140@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I am running Exchange 2003 and have 1 client whose last name is showing up >wrong...

Email Sent appear in my Outbox and won't go away
Hi.. When ever i want to send my email (with attachement), The email will go to my outbox. When i click on the send/receive button, after a while the email was still at my outbox. Even i try a few times clicking send/receive button, and wait a few hours. The email was still at my outbox. Only when my friends call me, then i know that my email was sent and i was flooding my friends email due to my repeated sending. Is there anyway to solve the problem. Thank you Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part o...

Easiest way to send mail with attachment
Is there an easy way to get the CDocument::OnFileSendMail() functionality in a DialogBox based application? I know that I could use MAPI or SMTP, but I would like something simple and, besides, I would just like to open the default mail application fith an attachment. I do not want to send an email transparently, instead I would like the user to use his standard mail program to send the attachment I provide. Thanks for any help Carlos You can still use a CDocument object in a dialog-based app. Just derive a class from CDocument and make sure its constructor is public. From there, you can...

Maximum number of email recipients from Outlook
Hi group Can anyone tell me, whatds the maximum number of email addresses, that I can enter in the To: field? I'm doing copy-paste to copy a long list of semicolon-separated email-adresses into either the To: field or the Bcc: field. Are there any limitations here? Thanks Jacob I don't know if there is a max in Outlook, BUT, most mailserver administrators limit the max number of recipients per email. What that limit is, you will have to ask your admin/isp. Also, if one of those email addresses is invalid, the email won't be send to any of the recipients. But please ...

2 outlook 2003 shortcuts in quick launch....why?
This has always puzzled me. Why is this? They are not identical but they are close. They both launch Outlook. One has "general", "shortcut" and "security" tabs. Its target is "Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003" and the comment is "Send and receive e-mail; manage your schedule, contacts, and tasks; and record your activities by using Microsoft Office Outlook." The other has "general", "shortcut" and "security" tabs and also a "compatibility" tab. It's target is ""C:\P...

KB976569 AND 976570 FAILS 2 INSTALL ON XP SP3!
KB976569 AND 976570 FAILS 2 INSTALL ON XP SP3! "Kevin John Panzke" <kevin.panzke@gmail.com> wrote in message news:260046c5-fcb4-4285-abad-2d0a8ac389ae@q16g2000yqq.googlegroups.com... > KB976569 AND 976570 FAILS 2 INSTALL ON XP SP3! JUST FYI! In news:260046c5-fcb4-4285-abad-2d0a8ac389ae@q16g2000yqq.googlegroups.com, Kevin John Panzke <kevin.panzke@gmail.com> typed: > KB976569 AND 976570 FAILS 2 INSTALL ON XP SP3! Well, they installed OK here. It might be an eye opener for you if you actually LOOK AT those KBs before making untrue statements ab...

Importing email from Outlook Express
Hi, When importing my old email from Outlook Express, the "Email Account field is not properly transferred. If I import the messages before creating any email accounts in Outlook then the "Email Account" fields for all messages transfer as empty. I I then create an email account, all fields are then set to this accoun name, disregarding the actual account used in Outlook Express t send/receive each message. Does anyone know whether this is a limitation of the import function o is there a way to fix this? :confused: Many thanks, BD. (Using Outlook 2003 and Outlook Express ...

why the email wont leave the out box
I have tried many things that I have read. but I cant seem to get my mail to leave the outbox. the log i to box comes up on the window security page. Subject 'me', Account: 'Work', Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '250 8BITMIME', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 250, Error Number: 0x800CCC7D The host 'pop3.mail.yahoo.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'Work', Server: 'pop3.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, S...

Email Client Defaults to Exchange
I have a client who is using Outlook 2002 on a SBS2003 network. They chose not to use Exchange at this time, so they get their email from their ISP's POP3 server. The default setting in Outlook (on SBS2003 networks) is Exchange. I added the POP3 account and moved it to the top of the list and made it the default. That works fine for a few days then Exchange moves to the default for some reason. I reset the POP3 to default and it is fine for a few more days, then Exchange again moves to default. Once that happens, any outgoing email is delayed for many hours. Any ideas on why th...

9646 event when sending application generated emails
We're currently experiencing difficulties while running a homegrown application using Remedy ARS version 7.0 patch 001. This application alerts users via email of a new ticket creation and more then twice a day the email service stops sending the notification. When that happens, Exchange 2003 SP2 generates this type of error message: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9646 Date: 3/19/2007 Time: 3:21:11 PM User: N/A Computer: <server name> Description: Mapi...

X and Z Report Problem #2
This is a an ongoing discussion from 6/8/05. Please see that date for more details. In short: I have setup a new store for a customer of mine and everything is ready to go and looks like its working great. We have made a few test transactions at the POS and then noticed that the X and Z Reports are displaying $0 no matter how many transactions we had on the register. I have already tried restoring the original receipt templates and made sure that the Report template is using the XReport.xml. I have also went as far as uninstalling the program and reinstalling it with no luck. Last...

How do I open Outlook when it won't connect to my email?
Outlook will not open for me. Its says its configuring Outlook accounts, then says its off line, but I am connected to the web via a ethernet cable. It then ask for the Microsoft Exchange server, I have tried POP3 - what should I enter here and then 'check my name. I cannot even use Outlook off line simply for its other features, I can always get email via MSN Live. Can anyone please help. Configure Outlook with your correct mail account type and information via the Control Panel-> Mail applet. See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outloo...

Automating Daily Emails in Outlook 2007
I work in a testing laboratory that sends out 8 MS Word reports and 2 Excel reports electronically to the same recipients from day to day. Our lab services 8 external sites and each of those sites receives an individualized MS Word report document. We are using Outlook 2007 in Windows XP in our lab. The MS Word reports are in individual folders on our server and each of those folders in turn has subfolders corresponding to the date of the report being sent out. Is there a way of automating the daily emails we send out within Outlook 2007 that does not involve macros? We currently are ...

I am unable to read emails in my inbox, not showing up after i cl.
When I click on send/receive, i can see at the bottom of the screen that the files are being"sent", but when i click on my inbox, there are no messages. i use AOL. any hints? how to use Outlook to read my mail? AOL has information on how to use Outlook with AOL. Check their help files. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head-scratching, patcap asked this group: | When I click on sen...

CRM Email
Our system gets the following error when trying to send an email (all the other functions are fine). Our exchange server (with CRM router installed) is also a domain controller. and the CRM box is running on the Portal Server. The SQL Server box is also a Domain Controller (I know, I know - we are a small company, ok). The installations went fine and I cant find any other errors in the system. We are runing 2003 server on all our environments and are all fully patched. we have a crm specific user with access to SQL Server. We are running AD in Native mode. Any ideas and though...

print preview not working #2
When I print preview a sheet in xl only 9 of 13 pages preview. When printing the same sheet to a printer, they all print. When printing to pdf only 9 of the pages print. ...

None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient.
An application we run creates an email then invokes the machine's defualt MAPI client (Outlook) and puts the message in the Outbox. When we try to send we get the follow error returned immediately from "Sytem Administrator": "None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient." Have tried security levels, deleting all email accounts but the default plus searching various support pages. ...

CRM Account Security #2
Is it possible to set up an account that is owned by an administrative person and would be read only to everyone else. We have a need to set up parent accounts and do not want our sales people to have the ability to create any kind of activity within them. Hey there Gary, why not create a group and apply the security attributes to it. An Admin account is what it is. Unless I am not understanding your goal? "GaryG" wrote: > Is it possible to set up an account that is owned by an administrative person > and would be read only to everyone else. We have a need to set up p...

Change the formatting of row by select a single cell & Editing should be working #2
Hi All; I require such a sheet code which can help me in Changing the formatting of row (like A1:A25) of selected cell (A4 is Selected) and allow me to use editing (Cut, Copy, Paste, Undo etc). Currently I'm Using following code but this does not allow me to use editing (Cut, Copy, Paste, Undo etc) and I can not decide the range for working this sheet code. Any kind help is appreciated. Private Sub Search_Click() Sheets("Quick Search").Visible = True ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Visible = False Sheets("Quick Search").Select End Sub Private Sub Workshe...

send/receive error "object not found"
When send/recieve get error message "object not found" anyone? See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312354 helps. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:049501c3b9e4$0f714770$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When send/recieve get error message "object not found" > anyone? ...

trouble Copying as a webpage
Below is the code I am using to convert my file to a webpage. It work ok. I use buttons at the top of our proposals. When I open the file as a webpage it has these buttons at the top. Is there a way to get rid o them? When I print the proposal, the buttons don't show! Any hel would be greatly appreciated. Michael ActiveWorkbook.PublishObjects.Add(xlSourceSheet, _ "C:\WINDOWS\Personal\Emailed Proposals\Proposal" & _ Str(Application.Range("N2").Value), "FRONT", "", xlHtmlStatic, _ "Proposal for XL_16777", "").Publish...