Trouble Sending Attachments

Help would be great!

Weekly I am sending my newsletter as a .pdf attachment
averaging about 125KB in size with considerable
difficulty.  I have reviewed my setting with my ISP and
they are indicating that the erros are not on thier end.
My time out is set to the full five minutes and that is
still not enough.  I have reduced the number of addresses
to batches of 160 with limited success.  One batch of 35
worked tonight after several attempts.  Is there a setting
that I am missing?  Open to suggestions!!!
0
alias3792 (1)

"Al" <alias@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Help would be great!
>
> Weekly I am sending my newsletter as a .pdf attachment
> averaging about 125KB in size with considerable
> difficulty.  I have reviewed my setting with my ISP and
> they are indicating that the erros are not on thier end.
> My time out is set to the full five minutes and that is
> still not enough.  I have reduced the number of addresses
> to batches of 160 with limited success.  One batch of 35
> worked tonight after several attempts.  Is there a setting
> that I am missing?  Open to suggestions!!!

In a DOS shell, see if the following might reset the TCP/IP protocol and
get you working okay:

On Windows 2000:

    netsh int reset

On Windows XP:

    netsh int ip reset

Did you ask the ISP what their limit might be on message volume/size through
their server? Remember, MIME encoding will increase the file size of the
attachment significantly - and do the math - presuming something like 200k
per attachment (I just made that up, but it can't be that off) x 160
recipients... that's getting pretty big.

As the built in mail merge to email won't work with attachments, I'd look
into a third party listserver program that can send messages out singly to a
list of recipients and include attachments. Search for "mass mail" at
www.slipstick.com

Al wrote:
> Help would be great!
>
> Weekly I am sending my newsletter as a .pdf attachment
> averaging about 125KB in size with considerable
> difficulty.  I have reviewed my setting with my ISP and
> they are indicating that the erros are not on thier end.
> My time out is set to the full five minutes and that is
> still not enough.  I have reduced the number of addresses
> to batches of 160 with limited success.  One batch of 35
> worked tonight after several attempts.  Is there a setting
> that I am missing?  Open to suggestions!!!

0
lanwench (7567)

Confirm before sending?
I have a client that accidentally sends e-mails before completing them on a regular basis. They would actually like confirmation before sending any e-mail. I found this reference for VB code but I don't know how to edit or apply it as I know NOTHING about VB - Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean) Dim intRes As Integer Dim strMsg As String strMsg = "Do you really want to send this message?" intRes = MsgBox(strMsg, vbYesNo + vbDefaultButton1, "Confirm Send ") If intRes = vbNo Then Cancel = True End If End Sub ...

Attach Chapter numbers to Captions with different numbering style
I am using "Heading1" style for the chapters in my Thesis. the "Heading1" style has been modified to be numbered with "I, II , III...etc". Now, in the figures in each of the chapters, I can attach the chapter number to the figure label easily. However, I do not want the figure to be Labeled "Figure I.1" and "Figure II.1". I want it to be "Figure 1.1" and "Figure 2.1". This means that I want the chapters numbers to be displayed in the chapter titles as it is "I , II ,III..etc", but, it should be used in ...

Advanced Formula troubles
I need to do the following calculation: ((1-((1-AE5)*10))*V14) but only when: ((1-((1-AE5)*10))*V14)>=0 or <=V14*1.5 If greater than or = to V14*1.5 then =V14*1.5 And if less than or = 0 then =0 Replace CALC with your calculation =IF(AND(CALC>=0,CALC<=v14*1.5),CALC,IF(CALC<0,0,CALC)) Your last statement is confusing. "And if less than or = 0 then =0"...equal to zero is mentioned in the 1st condition..So this should be 'less than' . -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Eves" wrote: > I need to do the following calculati...

Send
Can I eliminate the progress box, or can I configure it to close when done? What is the function of the push pin in the bottom right of the details box? -- Joseph E. Meehan 26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math Joseph Meehan <sligojoeS_PAM_2@hotmail.com> wrote: > Can I eliminate the progress box, or can I configure it to close > when done? Yes. On the progress box there should be a check box saying "Don't show this dialog box". Check it. > What is the function of the push pin in the bottom right of the > details box? It "tacks" t...

Send button not showing after updating to SP3
I have updated the office 2002's .msi file with SP3 for network distribution. After redeploying the updated file I few users do not have a send button when the try to send a message. I have tried to delete their accounts and set them up form scratch with no luck. My only work around was to install office from CD. I need to resolve this problem. The installation from the network is a great tool. Thanks DG ...

control type
hi when im adding a new control attachment into a form , appears some other controls like ...controlname.filedata ,controlname.fileflag, controlname. filetimestamp ,controlname.fileURL etc.... whats all these , r these usefull and needed ? thanks This occurs only in Access 2007, and only for multi-valued fields. The example you gave is for a field of type Attachment. One record can have multiple attachments. In a query, you can get at the information within each of the items in the multi-valued field. For example look at the FileType to see if the attachment is a picture (e.g. JPG),...

Opening Attached Files in OWA
Is there a way to open files using OWA, rather then having to save and open them from the desktop? Thanks, Andy Yes, there is. You can follow the instructions given here: http://exchangeorg.net/archive/2004/05/10/6.aspx Regards, Michael Lundgren "Andrew Vital" wrote: > Is there a way to open files using OWA, rather then having to save and open > them from the desktop? > > Thanks, > Andy Thanks for the post, I went to that site and it only shows how to block certain types (either block all together or make a file only available for access by first downloadi...

Send/receive #5
When I hit s/r in Outlook 2000, today it is giving me "Operation failed." I've done the troubleshooting detect and repair, checked settings, rebooted. I don't know what to do next. My account w/ Earthlink is current; I'm using dialup; I have Norton and had scan for incoming/outgoing which I've disabled and still not working. Any ideas? ...

attaching files to CRM email
This is strange, when I am on the CRM web app I can attach files to the crm email messages just fine. When the sales reps use CRM SFO and I attach a file to an email they are asked for their username and password to log into the crm server and the username and password that they would use to log in to their machine does not work. That is only for the sales reps. Is there a way to fix this? Please help ...

Send and Receive All Error Message
When Sending and Receiving before going offline with Outlook XP,(exchange 2000) I get the following error... Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found. ...

problem receiving attachments larger 50-100kb
I use microsoft outlook and i experience a problem receiving mails with attachments larger than 50-100kb.I can receive fine smaller attachments.I go to webmail and i see that they are there but when i try to download them with outlook i receive only the others and it doesn't show an error message. Any ideas what may be wrong? Thanks in advance. polus I use microsoft outlook 2002 and windows xp sorry for not mentioning it before One option that i find is options>mailsetup>send/receive>edit account>download only item description for items larger than 50kb but it was unmarked I...

Can't Make Attachment
I just upgraded to outlook 2003 and now I can't drag and drop files into a new mail message; even though I can click on the paper click and attach a file that way. I had this functionality prior to upgrading to Outlook 2003. I am running Windows XP. Please advise if anyone knows of a setting for this or a registry fix. Thanks.........Jason Steeves ...

Unable to Send Receipt
Outlook Express does not send a receipt when people request one. It tries, but gives an error message like "Outlook was unable to send the receipt." "Regina" wrote in news:010801c3baf7$3cea6ab0$a001280a@phx.gbl: > Outlook Express does not send a receipt when people > request one. It tries, but gives an error message > like "Outlook was unable to send the receipt." This newsgroup is for Outlook. It is NOT for Outlook *EXPRESS*. Outlook is a component of the Office family of products. Outlook Express is a component of Internet Explorer. Repost in...

Outlook 2002 send problem
I have a problem machine which can recieve email but cannot send email. The email is put in the sent items folder and they receive no error messages. I had them try the test button in the email accounts page and it passes all tests. Here is what I have dome so far: Reboot the machine Change the username and password to another known working account (same result) Went to another working machine and tried the account which would not work (worked fine) Checked for a firewall (none installed) Performed all updates and security patches. Everything else seems to work fine on the computer. Th...

Sending message as a delegate
Is there a way for a secretary to send an email that says it's from two people (she is the delegate for both of these people). jschwartz@pattonboggs.com wrote: > Is there a way for a secretary to send an email that says > it's from two people (she is the delegate for both of > these people). A message can come from only one address/account, so, short answer is no. ...

Not able to send email from CRM client
Help, please. I cannot get CRM configured to send email from the CRM client software. See error message below. I have tried all the solutions I can find, including: -Confirmed mailserverurl is set correctly on the CRM server and that the specified server is the Exchange server. -Confirmed that the mailserverurl returns well formed XML. -Gave the IUSR_ORCAS user full control of the the "...mailroot/vsi 1" on the exchange box, which is named ORCAS. -Confirmed platformurl setting on Exchange server is correct. -Confirmed that the machines can communicate with each other. What...

O2k2 2 POP to Recieve but use 1 SMTP to send
I am using Outlook 2002. I have 2 email POP /SMTP accounts setup, one with Yahoo and one with my ISP Rogers. I have to use my ISP's SMTP server to send mail and my ISP will not let me use use yahoo's SMTP to send email. I can recieve my Yahoo mail though. But everytime I send an email, I get an error message because Outlook tries to use Yahoo's SMTP server! Outlook will not let me delete the information for the SMTP for my Yahoo account. How do I setup Outlook to use only my ISP's SMTP server to send email? and stop getting error messages. I have Outlook 2000 b...

Unable to send or receive
I just switched to Outlook 2003. My ISP is set up correctly and I get the confirmation message that everything is set up correctly. When I hit Send/Receive, it goes through the process and acts as if there is no mail to send or receive even though I know there is. How do I remedy this? Andy Hi Andy, Here's one idea. Open the Internet Accounts dialog: Tools | Accounts Click the Mail tab Click an Account; click the Properties button Click the General tab (if it's not already selected) Click the checkbox entitled "Include this account ...", if not already checked ...

Exchange Attachment file blocking
My company is in the middle of converting from Groupwise to Outlook/Exchange. In an article I found it says that you can maintain the list of attachment file types that will be blocked by Outlook in Microsoft Exchange Server. Does anyone know how/where to do this maintenance and what version of Exchange you need to be using? I have not been able to find the file type maintenance screen/form. Thanks Works in Exchange 2000 and 2003. You create a security template for users and specify setups. Implement via registry key or AD policy. Here's a beginning web link (be sure to read all the ou...

Edit External email before send?
Howdy, Does anyone know of a way to have CRM generate an external email using workflow rules - with rules that will let the user see it (and potentially edit it) before sending? I am trying to generate a "Welcome" email that will be fired at the completion of an application process, but then will allow me to edit the email with a user name and password for the customer. Perhaps there is a way to get CRM to create a draft rather than send the full email? Thanks! nasu I don't think there's anyway to do this other than making an email template that the user would in...

Sending e-mail with attachment to all Contacts of an Account
Hi, My sales people want to send out e-mails to all the contacts of their accounts. the process they want to follow is : Open-up Account , click on contact and highlight all the contact and send an e-mail, they want to be able to attach a PDF or some other document to this e-mail as well. They DON'T want to individually select each activity later-on and attach document and click Send e-mail either. Any ideas as to how to accomplish this with as less number of clicks as possible ? Thanks for your help, Kishore Hi Kishore, Are you interested in custom solutions?. If so please...

Trouble auto populating field using DLookUp
I am trying to auto populate a field in a subform. I have 3 tables: schools TOWNS StudentsAttending I have a form with the source being the tbl schools and a subform with the source being tbl Students Attending. StudentsAttending is updated from the subform with the number of students from each town. I am trying to use the DLookup function with the AfterUpdate event to populate the towns geocode into a text box on the subform and then into the tbl StudentsAttending, but am having a great deal of difficulty. I am Very New to data base workings so I would appreciate any help ... Here is...

Lookup table troubles in query
I am using a database, that I admit I created before I was the wiser, and used combo boxes (lookup fields via the Wizard) in the database table. The database is now filled with data. The table has multiple fields, but there are four fields from which I would like to extract data and combine into one field. Field one is a yes/no type and the other three consist of combo boxes. In building a SQL statement in the query builder, I am unable to create a statement that uses data in the combo box fields as a filter--as you would expect. It is unable to find the criteria that I specify in...

Outook not sending pdf attachments
We are using a form print application called Reform. It converts a form such as an invoice to a pdf file and passes it to Outook to email. Outlook is receiving the forms ok and even sending the email and passing the sent email to the sent box. One can go to the sent box and see the sent email with the attached pdf file document. One can open the email and also open the attached pdf file. The problem is that some recipients receive the attached pdf file and others do not. Would Outlook be doing anything to the attachments to screen .... where some would receive the attachment ...