transferring outlook express files to new computer

I am trying to transfer my OE files to my laptop.  I have
tried to use the export feature but it is not working.  In
scanning the Knowledge Base it seems I need to have the
full version of Outlook or Exchange because it has files
in order to make this work???  I don't have these programs
on my old computer - just OE.  I tried copying all the
email files/folders into the proper/corresponding
directory on my laptop but they just don't show up.  I
really really don't want to lose all my email.  Is there a
solution?  Many thanks and feel free to email me a
julie@crowbold.com
0
julie6935 (1)

I have seen a microsoft document which entails renaming
the old files, and replacing them with the ones from the
other system (all OE files inbox.xxx, outbox.xxx,etc...)
You might try searching for this, I'm sorry I don't know
the document ##.

0
stacyw (2)
10/14/2003 8:09:08 PM
I'm having the same problem, but have the Outlook2000
disks. I've copied the .dbx files from OE to disk(from old
computer) & put them in OE's email file (I have XP_pro
now) on my new computer. I thought I could import them
from OE to Outlook2000 once I had them in OE. I keep
getting--another program is using them. I still can't even
read them in OE. When I open it up to look for them---I
can't find them....although they are in the correct folder
for OE's .dbx files.

0
anonymous (74722)
10/15/2003 9:54:15 AM
pat wrote:
> I'm having the same problem, but have the Outlook2000
> disks. I've copied the .dbx files from OE to disk(from old
> computer) & put them in OE's email file (I have XP_pro
> now) on my new computer. I thought I could import them
> from OE to Outlook2000 once I had them in OE. I keep
> getting--another program is using them. I still can't even
> read them in OE. When I open it up to look for them---I
> can't find them....although they are in the correct folder
> for OE's .dbx files.

Try here:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/index.htm

BTW, please note this newsgroup is for support of Outlook
97/98/2000/2002/2003(beta) from the Office suite of products.  Outlook
Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name.

For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (for OE 6), or
an OE help website such as http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com.  If you're
accessing the Microsoft newsgroups through the MS Product Support
Services "Community Newsgroups" web interface, click
to get to the Internet Explorer groups, then click the plus sign next to
your version of IE to see the link to the Outlook Express group for that
version number.  Good luck!

0
me9 (928)

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Using expression builder object
Hi, I'm developing a wizzard in Access which builds import templates for various data sources to a fixed set of tables. In step 3 the users must be able to build an expression ; for instance Left([Fieldx],20) . Now I would like to have a command button on my form which calls the Access expression builder to allow the users to use this to build the expression. This expression will then be stored in a text box linked to the templates table. Anybody know how to call and use this object from VBA code? -- Kind regards Noëlla DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdInvokeBuilder I th...

New Disk storage

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

MS Money 95 data files

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

Transfer Money 98 to money 2004
I currently have Money 98 and i'am purchacing a new computer with money 2004, how can i transfer my current data to new computer w/ money 2004. In microsoft.public.money, Brad Karris wrote: >I currently have Money 98 and i'am purchacing a new >computer with money 2004, how can i transfer my current >data to new computer w/ money 2004. If you have a USB flash drive on the old machine, copy your .mny file there. Then copy the file to the new machine-- usually to your "My Documents" folder. In Windows Explorer, double-left-click the file on your new machine to ...

Where is the workspace file stored?

cant start outlook pst file to large

Creating new attributes

Reminders in Outlook