Transferring OE mail from old to new machine

I recently got a new laptop but have had trouble
transferring mail from OE.
Because I was giving my old machine to my daughter, I
first deleted my mail on old machine. Belatedly I
realised that I had to take copy of it first. I located
the directory, and saw that the *.DBX files were still
there. I copied the *.DBX files to my flash disk, copied
them to my new laptop. When I try to import the messages,
it says that it has done so, but when I try to view them
through inbox or outbox, they are empty.
I think my deleting the messages has put some markers on
the *.dbx files. Is there anyway I can undo the delete
message function?
0
khanr2003 (1)

Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum.

Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office
family.

Here is the link for the right forum

Good Luck!

--
Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net

Tips of the month:
-Setting Permissions on a Mailbox

-----
"Rahman Khan" <khanr2003@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I recently got a new laptop but have had trouble
> transferring mail from OE.
> Because I was giving my old machine to my daughter, I
> first deleted my mail on old machine. Belatedly I
> realised that I had to take copy of it first. I located
> the directory, and saw that the *.DBX files were still
> there. I copied the *.DBX files to my flash disk, copied
> them to my new laptop. When I try to import the messages,
> it says that it has done so, but when I try to view them
> through inbox or outbox, they are empty.
> I think my deleting the messages has put some markers on
> the *.dbx files. Is there anyway I can undo the delete
> message function?

0
Roady

balance transfers
http://balancetransfers.bravehost.com ...

Moving users to new business unit
I setup one main business unit and have 3 users assigned to it. We are now looking into getting CRM for another one of our companies, but do not want the users of these 2 companies to see each other's contacts etc. I have setup 2 new business units, each children of the one parent. If I move user A (whom can read all, edit all contacts is db right now) into New Unit 1, will they still be able to have all the same access? If I create a NEW user under New Unit 2, will that user be able to see the contacts for User A? Basically it comes down to is how to restrict complete access b...

New Letter to Contact Templates
In Outlook 2002, I'm trying to use the New Letter to Contact feature, found under the Actions menu when you have a contact selected. When I select this command it brings up Word's Letter Wizard. After selecting a template and clicking Finish, a standard document is made with contact info on it, but the document does not have any of the formatting or other text from the selected template. What am I doing wrong? I've tried using the built-in Word merge and non-merge templates as well as my own custom templates to no avail. Thanks, Sam Please disregard. I'm still not ...

What is the Orb? And other new outlook questions
I just reinstalled Outlook (same version (2003) that I was previously using), and there is some behavior that is new that I don't understand. First, when I look at (read) a message, there is an "orb" (ball) to the left of the address in the "From" line, if I put the mouse on it I am shown some information about the sender (including his online/offline status). Where did this come from, can I turn it off. Also, I now have a line at the top of the header area showing me the "zone" of the message ("You are now looking at this message in the internet...

Create New Style in MS Word 2007
Hi I am trying to create a new style in MS Word 2007 that should go after "Heading 3". I am can't use Heading 4 since it is not numbered. So my document has levels 1 1.1 1.1.1 1.1.1.1 << This is the new style I am trying to create. But unfortunately I am not able to find a way to number it and use the "Continue Number from previous list". Also how to add levels to the style. Is there any way to copy Heading 3 and start from there? Thanks in advance. -- kuul13 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ k...

From new Publisher to old #2
Hi. I have constructed a document in Publisher XP, and I am now sitting at a computer with Publisher 2000. And I need the document now. Is there anyway that I online can convert the document. I realise I should have converted at the computer with the newer Publisher, and I though I did - but I must have forgotten. Is there any way I can get around my stupid mistake, or will I HAVE to pay? I will convert it for you. Send it to gsauer at columbus dot rr dot com It is very possible you will lose formatting and if images are involved, the file may increase quite a bit. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MV...

Upgrade from Money98 to Money 2004 fail to update the old accountfile
When upgrading from Money98 to Money2004 I Money2004 fails to update all data from Mone98. It says incompatible file version. Any idea how I get my data from Money98 converted to Money2004 ? The FAQ to beat all FAQs. See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q1. "Per" <toppeja@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:05d301c3b39c$25befed0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When upgrading from Money98 to Money2004 I Money2004 > fails to update all data from Mone98. It says > incompatible file version. Any idea how I get my data > from Money98 converted to Money2004 ? ...

Problem importing customization in virtual machine
Hi there I have a serious problem when it try to import a customization xml to a test environment of crm 3.0. The file has a normal size and is exportet from an nearly identical system whit very few and harmless difference. The upload of the file is no problem and alle the entities are displayed. When i to import all the customization or even a single entity the process starts and it seems to work fine. But it will never come to an end. Even if I way some 24 hour as I did the process will never be finished. When I look at the eventlog i have the following message appearing every 5-10 m...

Delete all mail??
Is there a simple way to delete all mail from a user mailbox (one mailbox)? I have a user who has built up almost half a million emails and I need to purge that account of all the mail. Simply logging on via outlook and trying to select all and delete is useless due to "Insufficient Memory".... Help, any ideas? Thanks, Dan You can try running Exmerge against the mailbox, and choosing the Archive option, which will remove all mail from the source. You could also just delete the mailbox, purge it from the Exchange System Manager, and create a new one. That would probably b...

New Mail Delivery Glitch
We are running Outlook XP with Exchange Server and out of 300 users this problem is occuring for about 6 (so far). All installations were identical. Attempts to rectify so far have included the installation of SP1 and SP2, running of detect and repair and deletion and recreation of profile - none of which have worked. Problem : New emails are not visible in the inbox until an existing email (already read) is selected and opened. Only then do any new emails get delivered. Additional symptoms are that neither the little envelope icon in the notification area of the task bar nor the &...

Incoming Mail Routed Incorrectly
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C5770F.EC215770 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, This may be more relevant to SBS group but I've posted here as well = since it's an Exchange issue. Over the weekend upgraded SBS 2000 to SBS = 2003 including Exchange 2003. Also applied latest service packs. POP3 = connector is configured with a global mailbox and routing rules for = incoming mail. The problem we are having is incoming mail is sometimes = routed incorrectly - and it seem...

Problems with Mail Merge from Word 2000 to Outlook 2000 in Win98
Hi there- I've been successful at trouble shooting my employees many mail merge problems, but this one is stumping me: Windows 98 Outlook 2000 Word 2000 Mail merge from a Word doc, no errors in the merge data, but the messages never show up in the Outlook outbox. Possible issues: computer also has Outlook Express 6 on it and Eudora. But shouldn't matter, becase neither of those have mail merge capabilities from Word. Any thoughts? Many thanks Jesse It sure could matter. Outlook must be your default mail program. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <jesse.littlewood@gmail.com>...

Mail-hosting
I'm tring to host mail for another company. Earlier there was a hosting guide on ms' website, but now I can't find it. Does anyone know where this info is to be found? http://www.microsoft.com/serviceproviders/hostedexchange/default.asp -- Nicholas Basile(MSFT) nicbas@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias is for newsgroup purposes only!. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Eirik" <bla@bla.bla> wrote in message news:O%23NalybQEHA.1312@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I&...

How do I get email in Outlook Express on an XP machine into Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 Machine?
The instructions for importing Outlook Express files from another machine assume that Outlook Express can be run on the target machine. I don't believe there is a way to do that on a Windows 2007 machine. So How do I accomplish this? On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 18:03:05 -0800, MikeH <mikeh@somewhere.net> wrote: > The instructions for importing Outlook Express files from another > machine assume that Outlook Express can be run on the target machine. I > don't believe there is a way to do that on a Windows 2007 machine. So > How do I accomplish this? F...

Can't See New Public Folders on Just Added Backend Exchange Server
I recently added a new exchange server to an existing site,admin group, routing group. I am running in native mode. Now when I create new public folders on the new server, my clients are not seeing it (all client mailboxes are on the first server). It has been several hours now and they are still not visible. Any ideas? Thanks, tke042 ...

archiving e-mail .pst file limit
Hi , is ther a file size limit for the .pst file? I have had problems with users who have a pst file close to 2gig not being able to archive files unless they create a new pst file and then they are able to archive. Also if there is a size limit , can it be reset to a higher size? Thanks 2GB is the file size limit for pst-files created in Outlook 97-2002 and cannot be extended. The pst-files created in Outlook 2003 by default can become 20GB but can be extended to a virtual unlimited size. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up ...

send to mail all the context
I need to send by mail all the context of a folder something like "z:\transmission\*.*" but it doesn´t work like this. I nned to do this becouse not always are the sema names for the files, they can change, but I always have to send them no matters the name they have. Try this for thr files in the folder C:\Data Sub Mail_workbooks_Outlook() Dim FNames As String Dim MyPath As String Dim SaveDriveDir As String Dim OutApp As Object Dim OutMail As Object SaveDriveDir = CurDir MyPath = "C:\Data" '<----- Change this path ChDri...

Adding new Online Service
I have my credit union set up under online service manager. I have second account at the credit union for my bowling league. It's a different account number and pin so I can't access it from the main account, at least I can't figure out how. I also have a 401K account with another financial institution. I can't figure out how to add a new Online Service which I would at least need to do to access my 401K account. I think I need to do that to get access to my bowling account online also. Can I do that? In microsoft.public.money, Bill Harrison wrote: >I have my credit u...

Outlook's Junk e-mail filter relationship to Hotmail?
I was surprised to learn recently that Outlook's Junk e-mail feature controls junk mail routing on Hotmail's server when you use Outlook to access your Hotmail. It seems to even take precedence over exceptions you have set on Hotmail itself. I always assumed Outlook's (2003 SP1, latest filter) junk mail filtering strictly controlled what happened once the mail hit the *client*, but apparently not in this case. The end result is that you pretty much have to create exceptions on both the client and the server in order to prevent certain mails from winding up in Hotmail's J...

Transfer Settings
I have searched all over for a way to export my outlook setting from one PC to another, but have found nothing. I exported data and the import seems to have gone fine. Can someone tell me if there is a way to export my settings from outlook on one PC to another - including my account and display settings?? Settings such as display the preview window below the email list... Thank you.. My reply is at the bottom of your sent message. In news:056D480D-3A27-46DE-910D-EE8966BF2A8A@microsoft.com, MVP - WannaB <nospam at here dot priv> typed: > I have searched all over for a wa...

See other people mails
Hi, I want to see all incomings and out goings messages by my boss .How to do that in exchange 2003? also see external pops mail all users in exchange 2003 thanks Hi, One of the options is to enable message journaling or archival as it's sometimes known. In Exchange System Manager, navigate to the mailbox store, and bring up the properties sheet. On the front page of that you can select a button with the description : Archive all message sent or received by mailboxes on this store. Underneath that you can specify the location that the mails should be archived to. This is n...

Junk E-mail folder
Is it possible to configure the Junk E-mail folder to automatically and permanently delete items older than 30 days? Thanks. You can use the AutoArchiving to do that. Right click on the folder, choose Properties and go to the AutoArchive tab "Jaycee" <jaycee131973@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%232IGo%238NGHA.2300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to configure the Junk E-mail folder to automatically and > permanently delete items older than 30 days? ...

New Entity visit Report and Integration of Participants (MS CRM 3.
Hello Newsgroup, We have created a new Entity called visit reports. We have to add Participants in this new entity. It would nice, if we could have a field like the Participants in the appointment, where you can select the Participants from Contacts, Accounts, and Users. I'll hope , some of you have a idear. Regards Thomas You have to create a new relationship for your custom entity to the types of participants you want to be available. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Thomas Haller" wrote: > Hello Newsgroup, > > We have created a new Entity...

Microsoft Mail
Is there anyway to setup microsoft mail in outlook 2002 to attach to existing microsoft mail postoffice. ...

Re: o many mails in our out queue with out source Address
HI My exchange server is is having all the setting as you said still i am getting these messages. Recently i have removed few user because they left the oraganasiton, and they use to get so many Junk-E-mails do u think because of these e-mail's coming. pls if u have any ide pls let me know. Thanks Shaikh Hello Shaikh If you just want to delete those message, you can select them in "Queues" tab inside "Internet Mail service" properties and click "Delete" button. You can consider going to "Internet Mail" tab inside IMC and click Advanced but...