Transferring files to a new computer

Hi - I'm in the process of configuring my new Windows XP
with MSFT Small Biz.  I was running Windows 98 and using
Outlook 2000.  Now I want to copy all my old emails,
folders, addresses etc. into the new version of Outlook
2003 but I can't seem to find it.  It's not recognizing
my saved files as .PST files.  Does anyone know how to do
this?
Thanks,
daviskho
0
anonymous (74722)

"daviskho" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi - I'm in the process of configuring my new Windows XP
> with MSFT Small Biz.  I was running Windows 98 and using
> Outlook 2000.  Now I want to copy all my old emails,
> folders, addresses etc. into the new version of Outlook
> 2003 but I can't seem to find it.  It's not recognizing
> my saved files as .PST files.  Does anyone know how to do
> this?
> Thanks,
> daviskho

What's "not recognising my saved files as pst files"? Have you got more than
one pst file? How are you trying to open them? How did you back them up?

0
me9 (928)
1/15/2004 9:47:58 PM
I have a bunch of .pst files that seem to correspond to
the files I set up on my email in Outlook.  I have them
backed up on a zip drive that's now attached to the new
computer.  When I try to open any of them I get the
message "this is not a Personal Folder file."

I'm trying to open them using the Outlook 2003 File,
Open, Outlook Data file.
Thanks - appreciate your help.

0
anonymous (74722)
> I have a bunch of .pst files that seem to correspond to
> the files I set up on my email in Outlook.  I have them
> backed up on a zip drive that's now attached to the new
> computer.  When I try to open any of them I get the
> message "this is not a Personal Folder file."
>
> I'm trying to open them using the Outlook 2003 File,
> Open, Outlook Data file.
> Thanks - appreciate your help.

As you have a "bunch" of files, are you SURE they are pst files and NOT dbx
files? Outlook usually only uses ONE pst file. Outlook EXPRESS uses many dbx
files - one for each mail folder.

Please check and post back.

0
me9 (928)

Transferring e-mails with an ISP different at Outlook.
I have got two differents name's accounts with Yahoo, I would like to transfer part of the messages from one account to another, is nearly at 85% full. I have tried with Reply and Forward selecting several messages but it allows me only one by one. I have around 950 messages.What can I do.Thank you in advance! -- In news:B1CFBA36-83C4-4DBC-98FC-05E26881ACB4@microsoft.com, jessy <jessy@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I have got two differents name's accounts with Yahoo, You mean, you have two different Yahoo e-mail accounts, which you check in Outlook? > I wou...

How to get XML data out of an XML file

Multiple PST Files #2

Money 2006 file repair application error

Application hanging on file load...
Okay, I'm having the strangest problem, and I'm hoping somebody here will be able to give me an idea of how to attack it... I have an MFC application that does some networked communication, multi-threading, fun stuff... I also load and save xml configuration files. Now, on most of the computers I've run my software on, I have absolutely no problems. On SOME boxes, however, whenever I use my menu to try to load or save a file... before the File Dialog box even comes up... the application hangs. All the boxes I've tried this on have been Windows 2000 boxes with Service Pack 4....

can't open files

I can no longer convert my files to pdf

Outlook Data Files #4

why I see times new roman?
I have several html email messages composed in outlook express 6, I'm sure I highlited all text and set it to Arial 10. Then I drag the file to desktop, move it to vista windows mail draggin into inbox or other folder. The result is some parts of text shows arial 10 but some others Times new roman 10 or 12 what is annoying, because I use all arial 10, so I have to manually forward the email, highligh it again and set arial 10 and then, yes, I can see it properly. I checked the compose default font and everything is fine. Why is that? Is there any work around , helo...

Backup Excel file

Utility (pref. script) to catalog .EDB files
Hi, I have a client that is using an Enterprise backup tool which, whilst able to back-up and restore, does not provide in-depth information like traditional Exchange-aware backup products. I have been asked to write a script to list the users in a flat .EDB file (which has been snapped and copied and flushed using SAN replication tools). I have taken a look at the ESE API, which can only be accessed using C + (I only use VB). Other than EXMERGE, does anyone know of any tools that allow you to list the basic mailbox details on a EDB file? Thanks, Hutton. ...

Copying Publisher from One computer to another
I want to copy Publisher from my old computer to my new one, but if I can't seem to locate all the files I need to make it work on the new computer. What should I do? You can't, you have to install it from the CD. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Jasmin" <Jasmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EB558F1-525D-47BD-A54B-BC62C410D79E@microsoft.com... |I want to copy Publisher from my old computer to my new one, but if I can't | seem to locate all the files I need to make it work on the new computer. What | shoul...

List folders to file

Hyperlink File Help

IMPORTING MONEY FILES DUP ENTRIES
I have been unable to run money98 files in money2003.Tried importing files but all tranfers between accounts are duplicated. Don't understand how to import all the accounts at once. I created new accounts in 2003 and imported one by one, but any transactions between accounts is duplicated. Follow the prompts on the import file dialog that tell you to select multiple files to import at the same time. There are other guidelines if investment accounts are involved. You might want to review postings on this subject in the group archives at http://groups.google.com. "JAYNE" &l...

Lost .pst files
I am using Office XP with Outlook 2002 (SP2). I recently had a boot track failure on my old computer which had 2 hard drives, using the second drive as back-up storage. I bought a new computer and installed the old main drive (the one with the failed boot track) in my new computer as a second drive and copied all the data onto the new main drive. All data and software works except Outlook. I cannot find any .pst files on my old drive. Where could they be. BTW I use Matadore as a spam blocker. In article <014e01c3462e$561cbdf0$a101280a@phx.gbl>, daddyray01 @sport.rr.com say...

Read file info using SMO locks database!
Hi! I'm using SMO from C# to restore a database from a backup file. Since I want to re-use the same datafiles I try to read the datafiles in my destination database and call RelocateFile to use these filenames during the restore. Everyting works fine except when I try to read the current datafilenames (see code below). If I skip this code and just hardcode the paths in relocatefile everything works fine. Database db = svr.Databases[destinationDBName]; foreach (FileGroup group in db.FileGroups) foreach (DataFile file in group.Files) Console.WriteLine...

"Organizational folder": 'new' menu is not available
I am following article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;244591 and I try to create an organization folder. I go to my "Public FOlder", click "System folder". I see EFORMS listed there. I right click the option and I don't see the option "new". What's wrong ? Exch 2000SP3. ...

Hyperlink To JPG File
I have added a hyperlink to a jpg (photo) file, and when i select the hyperlink, the jpg file opens in Corel Photo-Paint. Is there a way that I can force it to open with Windows Photo and Fax Viewer, Instead. Thanks GW Open Windows Explorer and find a *.jpg file. Select it and right-click and "Open With" Make Windows Photo and Fax Viewer the default "always open with". If you get an error, you may have to open Corel Photo-Paint and disassociate *.jpg files using probably some Options setting. If neither of these steps work for you, in Windows Explorer>Tools>...

how do I set up a spreadsheet file?
How do I set up a spread sheet file using Excel? Now this is going to be an interesting one to watch. Personally, I'd say you're going to need to be a lot more specific about what you want to do. Failing that, go buy some books on Excel. Regards Trevor "louis markos" <louis markos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A30023FF-61DE-4D21-8E31-77FF134B8F5C@microsoft.com... > How do I set up a spread sheet file using Excel? louis markos wrote: > How do I set up a spread sheet file using Excel? I did a quick search for an Excel tutori...