Transferring Emails #2

Can I transfer Emails from Outlook Express v6.0 under
Windows 98SE (old computer) to my (user name) OE v6.0
operating under XP Pro (new machine)? I cannot network the
two machines. If so, How do I do it? I appreciate any help.
0
bob100 (1)

Copy it the dbx-files to CD and restore them to your new computer (remove
the "Read Only" file attribute. Then point to the files by going to Tools->
Options-> tab Maintenance-> button Store Folder...

For more assistance ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft
Office Outlook forum.

Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office
family.

Here is the link for the right forum

Good Luck!"

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"Bob L." <bob100@cox.net> wrote in message
> Can I transfer Emails from Outlook Express v6.0 under
> Windows 98SE (old computer) to my (user name) OE v6.0
> operating under XP Pro (new machine)? I cannot network the
> two machines. If so, How do I do it? I appreciate any help.

0
Roady

Outlook 2003 SP1 NDR Report with bad KB Article #2
Recently a user has reported that she receives the following NDR when sending out emails. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: 4th Annual Energy Tech Investor Forum Sent: 8/20/2007 1:12 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Christopher Lord' on 8/20/2007 1:12 PM None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient. Doing a search in the KB brings up article ID 872896... I checked back with the user, and yes on the emails sent out, the FROM line is empty. She authenticates to the SMTP serv...

Public folder delegation with Public Folder Settings Wizard #2
I'm having a problem with the Public Folder Settings Wizard that came available after SP2 installation. In the root of the public folder I've create a folder for every department, and they can do everything within their own folder. But after SP2 installation the management of public folders is changed and the delegated administrators cannot start the public folder settings wizard. This is probably a permissions issue, does anyone know what the minimal permissions are to start the Public Folder Settings Wizard? ...

Can Excel email someone when a cell goes + or
So sort of like Conditional formatting where it changes colour - instead it adds rules to send an automatic email... Is this reaching for the stars? Start here Reload Internet http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/change.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Reload Internet" <Reload Internet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:489C49F6-1F69-42FF-BFD9-0986EE9D4AA8@microsoft.com... > So sort of like Conditional formatting where it changes colour - instead it > adds rules to send an automatic email... Is this reaching for the stars? I bet VBA...

Auto Delete Exchange Emails
Hi All Is it possible to delete emails coming into an exchange server based on whom the email is to? People who no longer work for us still get lots of SPAM this all goes into the admin inbox (as there inboxes have been deleted) and I would like to get rid of it Thanks in advance Richard richard.grover@imagefast.co.uk (Frog) wrote in news:8ab030b7.0411040706.38ad0057@posting.google.com: > Is it possible to delete emails coming into an exchange server based > on whom the email is to? People who no longer work for us still get > lots of SPAM this all goes into the admin inbox (as ...

how to delete emails form IMAP account
Outlook 2003, IMAP account. When i right click on email and select move to trash on - nothing happens. When i click delete it just strikes name of email, but nothing hapens as well. Dont it supposed to delete message from outlook and from server? Edit->purge - this is how IMAP works. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, John asked: | Outlook 2003, IMAP account. | When i right clic...

How zoom/increase font size of Office 2004 "Help" text? #2
Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components´┐Ż documents. How does one do this with the small-font text in Help? Respectfully, Norm (The original of this post was "lost" to the newsgroup and is now being re-sent.) On 9/14/04 5:57 PM, in article BD6CE16D.4A37%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." <nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote: > > (The original of this post was "lost" to the newsgroup and is now being > re-sent.) > It wasn...

Replying To Emails #4
I'm using outlook 2000. When I reply to an email the address used to send the reply defaults to the first address in the list which can be found in "message options" "send message using". This is irrespective of the address the email was originally sent to. Anyone know a fix? TIA Gary That's normal behavior in Outlook 2000. Later versions will return the = message on the account it arrived on. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programmin...

Outlook email #3
We can't click on a link in an email message and get it to work. Pretty sure it has something to do with security settings. It's a new product for our company so no one really knows yet what to do. Are you talking about a link or an attachment? If it's an attachment, the culprit is IE 6.0, it stops attachments with certain (Level 1) extensions. You can remove that restriction via the registry. Outlook normally keeps you from opening attachments with extensions like .exe or .bat-files that can potentially be viruses. If you're confident that you (or your antivirus ...

email openen
Hallo, Email wordt geopend, maar bij het bericht openklikken verschijnt de dat webpagina niet geopend kan worden, dat gebeurd bij alle emails. Hoe moet ik verder handelen, en waar. -- Met vriendelijke groet Rico de Munck It would have been helpful to post the exact error message you get. Make sure IE has all its defaults. Open the Default Programs applet, which you can access either from the Start menu or via the Control Panel, then click the first item: "Set your default programs." After a few seconds, a list of programs comes up. Click on "Internet ...

Replace Exchange Server #2
I need to replace my Exchange Server. What's the best way to do this? Is there a way that I can do this and still maintain the name of my current server on the new server (obviously not at the same time). Andy On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 08:29:02 -0700, Andy Siegel <AndySiegel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to replace my Exchange Server. What's the best way to do this? Is >there a way that I can do this and still maintain the name of my current >server on the new server (obviously not at the same time). > >Andy Replace it with what? I am actually...

Sender receives 5.2.3 even after checking all size limits
Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 SP1. I have checked everything in KB 322679: Global settings; connector settings; SMTP virtual server settings; mailbox settings but a sender outside the organization still keeps getting a message back from the Exchange server with error 5.2.3 with text "This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove attachments and try sending it again.". What else do I need to check? Kevin Kevin, What is the size of the message send by that outsider? and what is the...

Closing emails automatically on replies and forwards
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop How do I get the original email to close automatically when i reply or forward it? I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find the function so I have to manually close every email. On 1/29/10 7:49 AM, in article 59bb1d50.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "sdaija@officeformac.com" <sdaija@officeformac.com> wrote: > How do I get the original email to close automatically when i reply or forward > it? I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find the function so I have to > ...

Audit Trail #2
I'm looking for a report that shows the creator, approver and poster of batches on the general ledger. I've looked within Great Plains and found nothing. I located this sql table (PM80100) that contains the creator and approver of purchasing batches but I've been unsuccessful with a similar one for the general ledger. Any leads would be very helpful. Thanks! Possibly in FRx? "maatthias" wrote: > I'm looking for a report that shows the creator, approver and poster of > batches on the general ledger. I've looked within Great Plains and found &g...

Password Authentication #2
Guys, I'm having a problem where a user is getting prompted for a password, when he is already logged onto the network. He's already been authenticated, but when he hits send/receive, a window pops up for username/domain name/password. When he hits cancel, it successfully checks for mail anyway. When he hits send/receive again, the window doesn't pop up and it still works. Any ideas? RK. ...

Need Help #2
Hello... I Am new to dynamic Gp... i need to know how i can generate a cash report weekly, and how i can see where my revenue is recorded by monthly.... i mean cash on hand monthly... if any1 help me out i shall be very much thankful.... ...

Filling Area Between 2 Series in a Line Chart
Hello- I have a chart with two series; one plotted on the Primary Axis (assets-positive values), one on the Secondary Axis (liabilities-negative values). There is an area between the two lines that I would like to fill with a color or pattern (this will represent the "free cash" that is available). Is it possible to have this area filled? Thank you, Tom Tom - You'd need the data on the same axis. Plot it as a stacked area type chart, where the first series is Liabilities and the second is Assets - Liabilities (but named Assets). Format Liabilities to have a border a...

Recovering emails
I have recently had to reinstall Microsoft Office XP, after having to reinstall Windows XP (new motherboard). Anyway, I did not delete my old Office folder, and installed the new copy into a different folder. Where would I find my contacts and old emails, so that I can bring them back into my Outlook program that is in my computers registry? ...

formula question #2
I have a column of 0's and 1's. I need a formula to change the 1's to "yes" and the 0's to "no". Thanks for your help. Tim Hi why not use Edit-Replace? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Tim wrote: > I have a column of 0's and 1's. I need a formula to change > the 1's to "yes" and the 0's to "no". > > Thanks for your help. > Tim Tim If you don't want to actually change them, but change the way they are displayed, you could use a custom format >Cells...>Number>Custom and type ...

CRM desktop client #2
is there any type of visual indication from the CRM 3.0 desktop client that will notify a user that another user has logged on or has been logged on? -- life is only like a box of chocolates if you live it with your eyes wide shut not without writing an external tool to do that, i do not think. -- Kamal Hitari MBSS, MCNPS, MCTS 2B.net Ltd http://kamalhitari.blogspot.com Joe B wrote: > is there any type of visual indication from the CRM 3.0 desktop client that > will notify a user that another user has logged on or has been logged on? ...

Combine 2 Money files into 1
I'm wondering if there is any way to combine 2 seperate files into one file. The only way that I can see to do it is to export thr accounts into QIf then import thrm back in. The only disadvantage to that is that i can't export any Loans and liability accounts. I'm running Money 2004 Thanks for the Help In addition When I import the QIF files it throws off the total amounts in the accounts >-----Original Message----- >I'm wondering if there is any way to combine 2 seperate >files into one file. The only way that I can see to do >it is to export thr ac...

Microsoft Office 2010 Reaches Technical Preview #2
On 13-July-09, at its Worldwide Partner Conference, Microsoft Corp. announced Office 2010, SharePoint Server 2010, Visio 2010 and Project 2010 have reached the technical preview engineering milestone. Starting today, tens of thousands of people will be invited to test Office and Visio as part of the Technical Preview program. <http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4506> No mention of a Mac version ...

Store email acount messages into different Data files
Hi, I've set up 2 email accounts in Outlook: one is an Exchange Server account and the other is a POP3 account. I have also created 2 Outlook Data Files. Now, I want to store email messages for each email account in its own Data File. But this seems to be impossible because Outlook requires all accounts' messages to be stored in the same Data File. Am I missing something here ? Any help is greatly appreciated. SuperKinhLuan SuperKinhLuan <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've set up 2 email accounts in Outlook: one is an > Exchange Server accoun...

adding 2 columns where
Column B I have types of payments, google, amazon, paypal etc. column C contains $$ amounts. I want to add the money in column C where column B = paypal. what is the statement?? thank you!! See your other post -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Tammy" <Tammy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F795D87-AE43-45FA-9937-81D1B9AD1A28@microsoft.com... > Column B I have types of payments, google, amazon, paypal etc. > column C contains $$ amounts. > > I want to add the money in column C where column B = paypal. > > what is the statement?? > > t...

Email question
I use Outlook Express for sending & receiving email. After downloading IE7, the ability to underline words in email seems not to be available any more along with the font color I used to write emails. What happened and can I get these features back? Tools | Options | Send. Is the Mail Setting Format set to Plain Text or HTML? You won't even see the Format Bar if Plain Text is selected. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "jag" <yagerj@charter.net> wrote in message news:lXj8n.31026$BV.25131@newsfe07.iad... >...

how to hide different email addresses from receiving customers
I want to send several emails at the same time with the same message to all recipients. However I need to hide each email address from each recipient I tried this already with the distribution list but no success I tested the emails and send them to 4 of my own email addresses - with the result that each receiving party can see all other emails as well How do I hide them from each other Thank you Use the BCC field. That's what it's for. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Wolf" <Wolf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC5332E3-9743-48B3-8052-30028F02EBC...