transferring data from one calendar to another

I finally received a computer at work, after having done all my calendaring for appointments on my home computer for several months.  I work in a  large school district and the new e-mail system seems to utilize Outlook (the calendar looks identical).  Is there a way I can transfer the data from my Outlook (2002) calendar at home to my calendar through the system's network at work?  The computer is brand new so I assume that it would be the most recent version of Outlook on the work computer.  If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it greatly!
0
anonymous (74722)

You can export your calendar to a PST file in your home computer, then
import it to your work Outlook - use file | import/export wizard for this.

Mary wrote:
> I finally received a computer at work, after having done all my
> calendaring for appointments on my home computer for several months.
> I work in a  large school district and the new e-mail system seems to
> utilize Outlook (the calendar looks identical).  Is there a way I can
> transfer the data from my Outlook (2002) calendar at home to my
> calendar through the system's network at work?  The computer is brand
> new so I assume that it would be the most recent version of Outlook
> on the work computer.  If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it greatly!

0
lanwench (7567)
4/9/2004 3:34:16 PM
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]
<lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:

> You can export your calendar to a PST file in your home computer, then
> import it to your work Outlook - use file | import/export wizard for
> this.

DON'T use export and import.  Just copy your Calendar items to a new PST,
transport that PST to your work machine, put it on your work HD and use
File>Open in Outlook to open it.  Copy the items to the main Calendar on
your work machine.  Close the extra PST.
--
Brian Tillman

0
Tillmabg (988)

Launching Form from another Form
Hi guys, I am sure there are a few ways, but what is the preferred way to launch a Form from another? When my user saves a new Case, I want to pop up the Contact form. -Ernst Ernst Kuschke (C# MVP) wrote: > Hi guys, > > I am sure there are a few ways, but what is the preferred way to launch > a Form from another? When my user saves a new Case, I want to pop up > the Contact form. > > -Ernst FWIW, a "Contact Form" can be displayed by navigating to the aspx page at "./SFA/conts/edit.aspx?id={contactGuid}" -Ernst ------=_NextPart_0001_08B36A04 Con...

users can't login on one PC
I have 1 PC that was just upgraded to GP 10 SP 2 and now only the SA can login. When a regular user account tries to login they get the error: "The login failed. Attempt to login again or contact your system administrator" That same id is able to login on every other PC so I know it is not SQL DB security and the SA can login from this PC so i am pretty sure it is not the ODBC. Any help would be appreciated. Fliehigh OK So I figured it out this DSN was setup using the IP address of the SQl server and the rest where using the DNS name. I changed it and it worked great. Fli...

Question about moving Outlook 2003 from an old computer to a new one
Microsoft Office Assistance has the following article, which describes the details for moving Outlook 2000 to a new computer: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010549451033.aspx I was wondering what, if anything, has changed for Outlook 2003? I'm asking only becuase I can't find a similar article, and I'm going to need to do this later next week. Thanks! Larry Larry Kahm <lkahm@nospam_heliotropicsystems.com> wrote: > Microsoft Office Assistance has the following article, which > describes the details for moving Outlook 2000 to a new computer: &g...

Combo Box from data in another tab
Is it possible to create a combo box from data that's in another tab? I have a combo box that's from data in hidden columns. But now I need to move all that hidden data to another tab in the same file. But when I go into properties and go to the ListFillRange option, it won't let me enter another tab name. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-excel/200508/1 I have called data from another tab with a combo box by doing th following: First - name the range of the data on the other tab. This can be don with the shortcut on the toolbar (l...

Adding a new data series to an existing chart
I have a stacked bar chart that shows monthly sales by customer type. I want to add an additional data series to show the monthly forecast, to be displayed as a point or line against the existing stacked-bar data. Any ideas? Select the data you want to plot. Drag onto the chart. XL will pop up with a dialog box asking for some information. Provide it and you will be all set. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta MS MVP Excel 2000-2004 www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA tutorials and add-ins Custom Productivity Solutions leveraging MS Office In article <1418C2D7-4DF6-4945-A08A...

Excel 2000
Hi! *First off:* I have created a spreadsheet that has a dynamic range an data validation. *Next:* i know i can add options to the 'dynamic range' and my dro down menu will add the option to its list. *Problem:* How can I make it so the user can add data into th validated data list/drop down menu rather than having the user addin it into the dynamic range? *Example:*this drop down menu indicates how often a system is updated weekly, monthly, etc. etc... i don't want to restrict it, so i want t make it so they can indicate their own time on how often those update occur. TIA -...

Data within a cell
If names are in cells as "last name, first name, middle initial" can a macro be run to change the order to "first name, middle initial, last name"? A formula will do Assuming you have spaces between commas and names, =MID(A2,FIND(",",A2)+2,FIND(",",A2,FIND(",",A2)))&RIGHT(A2,FIND(",",A2,FIND(",",A2)))&", "&LEFT(A2,FIND(",",A2)-1) Then just copy down. If you want this more permanent, copy the cells with formulas, right click, paste special. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click &q...

Data entered from list automatically enters number in another cell
I am using Excel 2007 and here is an simplified example of what I need. Items Price Potatoes 4.35 Apples 5.55 Oranges 7.95 Onions 4.55 Carrots 3.75 Items Column is List for Valid entries in table below Prices are the numbers I want entered when I enter the Item If I enter Oranges from Dropdown List in A16 , I want Excel to automatically enter the number 7.95 3 columns over in D16,or if it is quite a bit easier, just 1 column over in cell B16 Example of table I want: My Entries: Excel Enters ...

Prevent auto recoloring of chart when using Pivot Table data
I have crated a Pivot tabel with data I want to show in a Chart. My problem is when I refresh data the colours of the "data series" changes. For exaple I want one of my series "OK" always be shown in green colour, but after a refresh of pivot all colours changes. This problem is not only colouring. If I have made changes to my chart so that one series ar plotted on a secondary axis, and I change it to another chart type (e.g. the secondary should be shown as a line instead of column) this also changes when refreshing the data. Most irritating! Anyone that knows how to p...

How do I make the x axis data the y axis data?
My graph automatically makes certain data the y axis and other data the x axis. I need to just reverse it for the graph I am looking for. Any suggestions? SLG, One option is to reverse the positions of the data on the spreadsheet. Assuming an XY chart, you would change a setup like this: x y 5 4 4 2 5 3 7 4 6 5 to this: y x 4 5 2 4 3 5 4 7 5 6 If this doesn't work, can you post back to let us know what type of chart and data you're using? ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "SLG" wrote: > My graph automatically makes certain data the y axis ...

calendar missing
my live mail calendar has gone ! i can see it in hotmail but its gone from live mail , how do i get it back make sure that you sign into WLM using the -same- account you are using to sign into Hotmail web -- naia i did that "naia" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:0c5f7a8e60fad776c277443857bacfe4@nntp-gateway.com... > > make sure that you sign into WLM using the -same- account you are using > to sign into Hotmail web > > > -- > naia Close Windows Live Mail Navigate(using Windows Explorer) to the Windows Liv...

converting plain data to table format
It has been a while since I used excel but I am almost sure there is a way to convert just plain rows and columns of data into a table format. This way I believe that adding rows to this block of data is as simple as tabbing after the last cell and it should just drop down to the next row and insert one??? correct?? Excel should recognize a contiguous range as a table, or list. Include headings in the first row, and leave at least one blank row and column between the table and other items on the worksheet. You can use the built-in data form to add records to the table (Data>Form). Or,...

Data Migration Framework 08-04-04
Hi, I am not understanding something pretty fundamental regarding the Data Migration Framework (DMF). I am looking to migrate a limited number of records (approx 1K) from Goldmine into MS CRM as Account records. I understand that the DTS in SQL can be used to load the data into the CDF database. On page 73 of the Data Migration Framework Guide (v1.2) it states that you use the Goldmine export utility to extract data from Goldmine. However, how do you use DTS to load this data into the CDF database as Goldmine exports it into Excel? Also, using the export facility in Goldmine you can only e...

display only one formula
i'm taking a computer test and i need to know how to display my formula when it prints so the formula doesn't calculate, but i only need one of the formulas to be shown the rest need to stay in calculated form. How would i do this? Hi Format the cell as Text, select the cell, press F2, and then Enter keys. -- When sending mail, use address arvil<at>tarkon.ee Arvi Laanemets "norcalchick2207" <norcalchick2207@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F223ADF-4546-44C9-8BC8-6D2825872C10@microsoft.com... > i'm taking a computer test and i need ...

Transfering a changing cell value progressively through a workbook
I am creating a payment application form in excel 2007 using windows 7. Each worksheet represents one months invoice. Say I have a formula in "sheet 1/ cell Q7" that sums the total billed to date for a particular budget line item. This value will be transfered to a the next months payment application "sheet 2/ cell K7" this becomes the total amount of previous applications, then "sheet 2/ Q7 is =sum(K7,M7,O7) this value is transfered to "sheet 3/ K7, and so on and so on, until the completion of the job. How do I acomplish this. -- Thanks Mike ...

Windows Easy Transfer won't load files?
I ran Windows Easy Transfer on my laptop with Windows 7 RC1 to save and move my profile data because Win 7 RC is shutting down. I am trying to install the Windows Easy Tranfer data to Windows Vista Business. Each time I try it won't read the file but keep asking for the drive with the data to be loaded. I tried a test by moving the the data (.MIG) files out of the folder I saved them to and put them in the root of the drive but that didn't help. I tried a test of copying the files to the root of C: and now it actually sees the file for the short test at home I trying in t...

creating shared calendar in outlook 2007
Hi, I would like to create a shared calendar (diary, bookings) for the corporate, the thing is, when I go to organization and default folders, I'm able to create but when I go to OWA or Outlook 2K7 can't seem the folder (either rss and others, only the main mailboxs), also I cannot see public folder , only mailbox in bot owa and outlook 2k7. What is the best method to create a shared calendar? Sorry, I'm completely newbie regarding ex2k7 On 4 Mar 2007 03:50:49 -0800, "k0D" <camocas@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I would like to create a shared calendar (di...

Forward E-Mail to another account
Hello, Can Outlook-6 be setup to forward a copy of a e-mail message to another account. Thanks Clinton Yes, you can use the -Message Rules- option to do what you're askin for. Just go to Tools -> Message Rules -> Mail.. and from there on it really self-explanatory. In your case.. 1. pick whatever conditions you need (where the from line contains...) 2. select the option forward it to.. And you're done -- Heritag ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Heritage's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=425 View this th...

Data Range with more than value
I am trying to assign codes to one of my worksheets based on pricing. The problem that I am running into is that the data that I am taking my information has a range of pricing Example below PRICE POINT/RANGE PP $0.01 TO $1 PP0100 I need to have a formula that looks at "PRICE POINT/RANGE" and compare it to a column that has pricing (i.e .95). This formula/function should give me the "PP" code. Break the range up into two columns (Data - Text to columns). Assuming you don't have gaps/overlaps in your price range (why would you?) your formula ...

Multiple maildomains on one exc2k3 srv
Hi Our company have multiple maildomains on one exchange 2003 server And we would like to send emails with all of them. its like this: if you send me an email on a user@new.com emailadress i want to answer u back on that adress...but my primary adress in exchange is user@old.com How do i set this up so my users can use this easy. i know i can change my primary adress...but thats not a solution for us...( we have 6 emaildomains) We are using w2k3 server with e2k3 with smtp. Hope someone can answer me Lars Have a look at ChooseFrom application here: http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefr...

How to change data range for Pivot Table
Hi, How can I make pivot table query for parameters like data range, I have done something like this in normal query by adding [Ask For Date:] in MS Query. Does anyone know how to achieve similar result for Pivot Table. regards Peter You can use the pivot table's page fields to filter the data. Or, import the external data to a worksheet, where you can use parameters, and base the pivot table on that. piotr.kabath@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > How can I make pivot table query for parameters like data range, I have > done something like this in normal query by adding [Ask F...

Sending data to SQL Server
Hi, I am building a solution to allow a user to upload shape data to SQL Server and I have a couple of questions. 1) Is it possible to include more attributes than just the shape data, but also details of the process model file such as it's title, version, etc? I could do with having the file name in every column of shape data for example. 2) It's quite a few clicks to export the data to an SQL database (about 5 or 6). Is there a way to have this feature available say next to the floppy disc save icon? Steve Since you're building a solution, then you understand t...

rearrange data by day
Hi I have daily data for some ten years listed downwards, and I woul now like to know if there is possible to rearrange them so that I ca get all the data for each day alone I.e. one group of just Monday dat and another group and just Tuesday data as one group, all the number are currently listed from A1 to A2000. I only Monday to Friday as m days All help is greatly appreciated!!! If my explanation weren&#8217;t good enough, this is what my data look like now Tuesday 12/31/2002 279,73 Monday 12/30/2002 279,73 Friday 12/27/2002 281,982 Thursday 12/26/2002 278,829 Wednesday 12/25/2...

puzzling data mismatch error
I have a table where one of the fields contain values such as 26-14-2C-R1-K1 15-13-1C-R3-K6 and so on. this is a text field I am trying to find records based on the part: R1-K3, R2-K4, R5-K1 etc. I am getting weird data type mismatch error when searching with my query. For example this works: SELECT myfield as P FROM myTable WHERE myfield Is Not Null AND right(myfield,len(myfield)-9) Like 'R1- K1' ORDER BY myfield but this one using a nested OR doesnt and fails with a data mismatch error: SELECT myfield as P FROM myTable WHERE myfield Is Not Null AND (right(myfie...

Slow MTA message transfer to other site
Hi, for a while now, i've been seeing slow message transfers in my MTA (in the X400 connectors) to another exchange site, both servers are 5.5 We have a 256k IP/MPLS connecting our sites. On the server ScanMail is installed, i've tried disabling the AV to see if the overall performance would improve but it did not change. 1st q : is 256k considered a slow link? 2nd : How can I improve the message transfer on those X400 connectors (emails "are not" been backed up in the Private information store) As anybody ever run into this problem, and who did u resolve it. Thank you...