Transfer Outlook Express to Outlook #2

I have just purchased a new computer which will have Outllook 2007 
installed. I currently use Outlook Express as my email reader. Will it be 
possible to transfer all of my OE folders and messages to the new Outlook, 
and if so, how easy (or complicated) will that be ?




begin 666 p.gif
M1TE&.#EAU0`.`)$``/___P``_P`````*(R'Y! $`````+ ````#5``X```+_
MA(^IR^T/HYRTVHNAR+P?L7EB%P1&V: C!;9?UX:KA@WV;=QXK@^\7BFI`*JA
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#```[
`
end

0
jangro (136)
7/22/2007 1:12:33 PM
outlook 87535 articles. 11 followers. Follow

8 Replies
424 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 41

Yes. Outlook will probably prompt to do that on first run. If it doesn't 
then it's easy enough to do.

-- 
Bill R MVP
"Jan Groshan" <jangro@pacbell.net> wrote in message 
news:6JIoi.12397$rL1.8769@newssvr19.news.prodigy.net...
>I have just purchased a new computer which will have Outllook 2007 
>installed. I currently use Outlook Express as my email reader. Will it be 
>possible to transfer all of my OE folders and messages to the new Outlook, 
>and if so, how easy (or complicated) will that be ?
>
>
>
>
> 

0
BillR9171 (440)
7/22/2007 3:10:17 PM
You'll need to reconnect them to OE on the new system and import them into 
outlook. A good source for Outlook Express info can be found here: 
http://www.insideoe.com/

Unless you need the other features in Outlook you should consider staying 
with OE - especially if you have vista. The Vista calendar is nearly 
identical to Outlooks and great for someone who doesn't need to power of 
outlook.


-- 
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/

Outlook Tips by email:
dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM


"Jan Groshan" <jangro@pacbell.net> wrote in message 
news:6JIoi.12397$rL1.8769@newssvr19.news.prodigy.net...
>I have just purchased a new computer which will have Outllook 2007 
>installed. I currently use Outlook Express as my email reader. Will it be 
>possible to transfer all of my OE folders and messages to the new Outlook, 
>and if so, how easy (or complicated) will that be ?
>
>
>
>
> 
0
outlookmvp (5838)
7/22/2007 3:29:39 PM
> Unless you need the other features in Outlook you should consider =
staying=20
> with OE - especially if you have vista.=20

Diane

OE is not available in Vista.  It is Windows Mail

--=20
Peter

Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

"Diane Poremsky" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message =
news:5E0FADFF-6FB9-49BA-BE6E-8903079B0B30@microsoft.com...
> You'll need to reconnect them to OE on the new system and import them =
into=20
> outlook. A good source for Outlook Express info can be found here:=20
> http://www.insideoe.com/
>=20
> Unless you need the other features in Outlook you should consider =
staying=20
> with OE - especially if you have vista. The Vista calendar is nearly=20
> identical to Outlooks and great for someone who doesn't need to power =
of=20
> outlook.
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>=20
> Outlook Tips by email:
> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>=20
> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>=20
>=20
> "Jan Groshan" <jangro@pacbell.net> wrote in message=20
> news:6JIoi.12397$rL1.8769@newssvr19.news.prodigy.net...
>>I have just purchased a new computer which will have Outllook 2007=20
>>installed. I currently use Outlook Express as my email reader. Will it =
be=20
>>possible to transfer all of my OE folders and messages to the new =
Outlook,=20
>>and if so, how easy (or complicated) will that be ?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
0
okf221 (388)
7/22/2007 3:44:00 PM
  How ?


  "BillR [MVP]" <BillR@removethisbitMVPS.org> wrote in message 
news:FD78353C-9A4A-4FEC-9FC7-3507E185C957@microsoft.com...
  > Yes. Outlook will probably prompt to do that on first run. If it doesn't
  > then it's easy enough to do.
  >
  > -- 
  > Bill R MVP
  > "Jan Groshan" <jangro@pacbell.net> wrote in message
  > news:6JIoi.12397$rL1.8769@newssvr19.news.prodigy.net...
  >>I have just purchased a new computer which will have Outllook 2007
  >>installed. I currently use Outlook Express as my email reader. Will it 
be
  >>possible to transfer all of my OE folders and messages to the new 
Outlook,
  >>and if so, how easy (or complicated) will that be ?
  >>
  >>
  >>
  >>
  >>
  >




begin 666 p.gif
M1TE&.#EAU0`.`)$``/___P``_P`````*(R'Y! $`````+ ````#5``X```+_
MA(^IR^T/HYRTVHNAR+P?L7EB%P1&V: C!;9?UX:KA@WV;=QXK@^\7BFI`*JA
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#```[
`
end

0
jangro (136)
7/22/2007 3:52:44 PM
  "Reconnect them"  ?????  I didn't opt for Vista on the new computer. I 
haven't heard much good about it. I'm sticking with XP.

  "Diane Poremsky" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message 
news:5E0FADFF-6FB9-49BA-BE6E-8903079B0B30@microsoft.com...
  > You'll need to reconnect them to OE on the new system and import them 
into
  > outlook. A good source for Outlook Express info can be found here:
  > http://www.insideoe.com/
  >
  > Unless you need the other features in Outlook you should consider 
staying
  > with OE - especially if you have vista. The Vista calendar is nearly
  > identical to Outlooks and great for someone who doesn't need to power of
  > outlook.
  >
  >
  > -- 
  > Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
  > Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
  > Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
  > Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
  >
  > Outlook Tips by email:
  > dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
  >
  > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
  > Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
  > Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
  > EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
  >
  >
  > "Jan Groshan" <jangro@pacbell.net> wrote in message
  > news:6JIoi.12397$rL1.8769@newssvr19.news.prodigy.net...
  >>I have just purchased a new computer which will have Outllook 2007
  >>installed. I currently use Outlook Express as my email reader. Will it 
be
  >>possible to transfer all of my OE folders and messages to the new 
Outlook,
  >>and if so, how easy (or complicated) will that be ?
  >>
  >>
  >>
  >>
  >>




begin 666 p.gif
M1TE&.#EAU0`.`)$``/___P``_P`````*(R'Y! $`````+ ````#5``X```+_
MA(^IR^T/HYRTVHNAR+P?L7EB%P1&V: C!;9?UX:KA@WV;=QXK@^\7BFI`*JA
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#```[
`
end

0
jangro (136)
7/22/2007 3:54:20 PM
You'll need to move the dbx files to the  new system and get OE to see 
them - see insideoe.com for help with that.

-- 
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/

Outlook Tips by email:
dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM


"Jan Groshan" <jangro@pacbell.net> wrote in message 
news:M4Loi.12421$rL1.327@newssvr19.news.prodigy.net...
>
>  "Reconnect them"  ?????  I didn't opt for Vista on the new computer. I 
> haven't heard much good about it. I'm sticking with XP.
>
>  "Diane Poremsky" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message 
> news:5E0FADFF-6FB9-49BA-BE6E-8903079B0B30@microsoft.com...
>  > You'll need to reconnect them to OE on the new system and import them 
> into
>  > outlook. A good source for Outlook Express info can be found here:
>  > http://www.insideoe.com/
>  >
>  > Unless you need the other features in Outlook you should consider 
> staying
>  > with OE - especially if you have vista. The Vista calendar is nearly
>  > identical to Outlooks and great for someone who doesn't need to power 
> of
>  > outlook.
>  >
>  >
>  > -- 
>  > Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>  > Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
>  > Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
>  > Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>  >
>  > Outlook Tips by email:
>  > dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>  >
>  > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>  > Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>  > Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
>  > EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>  >
>  >
>  > "Jan Groshan" <jangro@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>  > news:6JIoi.12397$rL1.8769@newssvr19.news.prodigy.net...
>  >>I have just purchased a new computer which will have Outllook 2007
>  >>installed. I currently use Outlook Express as my email reader. Will it 
> be
>  >>possible to transfer all of my OE folders and messages to the new 
> Outlook,
>  >>and if so, how easy (or complicated) will that be ?
>  >>
>  >>
>  >>
>  >>
>  >>
>
>
>
>
> 
0
outlookmvp (5838)
7/22/2007 5:29:22 PM
Jan Groshan <jangro@pacbell.net> wrote:

> I have just purchased a new computer which will have Outllook 2007
> installed. I currently use Outlook Express as my email reader. Will
> it be possible to transfer all of my OE folders and messages to the
> new Outlook, and if so, how easy (or complicated) will that be ?

It's fairly easy.  Outlook may prompt you when you install it, but allow it 
to import only the mail account.  Do not let it import your messages. 
Instead, after Outlook is installed and operational, start Outlook Express 
and used File>Export>Messages to send your messages to Outlook.  Importing 
them from within Outlook will change the received dat to the time of import. 
Exporting them from Outlook Express will preserve that date.
-- 
Brian Tillman 

0
tillman1952 (16052)
7/23/2007 12:51:09 PM
Peter Foldes <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote:

> OE is not available in Vista.  It is Windows Mail

A rose by any other name...
-- 
Brian Tillman
0
tillman1952 (16052)
7/23/2007 12:51:48 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces: