Tr again: Modifying Calendar's "reading" view in 2003

In Outlook 2003, Calendar allows me to show the event's content in a
"Reading" pane at the right or bottom of the calendar.  But the layout of
the Reading pane wastes a lot of space.  Can its layout or content be
modified?

0
hall (126)

No, the content can't be modified.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in message
> In Outlook 2003, Calendar allows me to show the event's content in a
> "Reading" pane at the right or bottom of the calendar.  But the layout of
> the Reading pane wastes a lot of space.  Can its layout or content be
> modified?

0
info2937 (567)

Problems reading Spanish character set
I use outlook mail with word as the editor running on Windows XP. I have a Spanish keyboard. If I go to Control Panel-> Date, Time,Language,Regional Options-> Add Other Languages ->Languages-> Text Services and Input Languages->Details I get the following settings: Default Input Language: Spanish (traditional sort) Installed Services-: ES Spanish (International Sort) Advanced Text Services lnk Correction Keyboard Spanish Now, when I type, all is wel...

Reading layout for MS Word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Hello, For anyone familiar with the PC version of MS Word, there is a reading layout that has two panes or pages displaying text. It is not just two pages of the document side by side, as the zoom level can be adjusted and the display remains two pages (by zooming in, text font size increases and less text is displayed on the two panes, by zooming out more text is displayed but font display size is smaller). The text is also still editable. I cannot for the life of me find this feature or something similar in MS Word, ...

Reading Non-standard XML
When we send in credit card info, we get this in reply: <auth_resp xmlns="urn:auth"><auth_info_resp id="A1"><order_id>2XXXJl</order_id> <shopper_id></shopper_id> <total_amount>0.01</total_amount> <settlement_amount>0.00</settlement_amount> <action>X</action> <response_code>9</response_code> <response_desc>This order reference has already been processed . </response_desc></auth_info_resp></auth_resp> It's returned in xmlnode variable. We'd like to read the v...

Easy Reading
Column A numbers 10 rows down - clear? Column B, a number... smaller than its A column number: A1 - B1 - clear? Column C says, =A1-B1. Problem, I do not want to do this step "10 times" - A2-B2, A3-B3. Suggestion - Copy column A & B into column C and adding the = sign. Me don't know how? You know how? How would you frame the wording into a searchable subject? Type in your search words and I get your answer or close to it. In short, what am I talking about? I don't know? Portland, Oregon In C1 after you entered A1-B1 you can copy the formula to other cells in...

outlook '02/xp/slows down reading messages.
Summary of hardware: Pentium 4, 1 gig. memory All scsi (39160, adaptec) Summary of software: xp pro service pack 1 and all critical upgrades xp office pro all critical upgrades. Problem: after a few hours outlook slows to a crawl scrolling through e-mails and reading them. if i reboot the computer the scrolling and reading are back to normal speed. no other program is slowed down at all. have archives and compressed archives.pst and outlook.pst Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. are you using any addins? -- "richard j. boris" <rboris@msn.com> wrote in messa...

reading level on spellcheck
How do I get the reading level to appear when I finish a document after I perform spellcheck? Confused wrote: > How do I get the reading level to appear when I finish a document after I > perform spellcheck? Use Word. Publisher does not have this feature. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Reading dbf files
Hi: In Excel 2003 in Spanish version, when I open a file with "dbf" extension, Excel assigns by default a name to the range which is "Base de Datos". When I try to select this name, a message appears saying there�s an error with the name. Investigating, I saw that the range names must not have blank apaces between the words, so the default name must be "Base_de_Datos" I think this is a bug in the Spanish version of Excel. In the Portuguese version the default name is "Banco_de_dados". I use dbf files in Excel to work with Pivot Tables. Any suggestion...

reading html email
I sent an html email from a web based account to my outlook 2002 account. The problem is that outlook 2002 isn't rendering the html, but showing only the code. How can I get it to render in my outlook account? Thanks, Chad ...

Reading one Record at a time till i reach EOF in VC++ using ODBC
Hi, i am working on Vc++6.0. I hve a req where in i need to read one record at a time till i reach EOF from the database.Can anyone tell me how to do this Very urgent Thanks Use CDatabase and CRecordSet classes. // Embed a CDatabase object // in your document class CDatabase m_dbCust; // Connect the object to a // read-only data source where // the ODBC connection dialog box // will always remain hidden m_dbCust.OpenEx( _T( "DSN=MYDATASOURCE;UID=JOES" ), CDatabase::openReadOnly | CDatabase::noOdbcDialog ); CRecordSet rs;rs.m_pDatabase=&m_db...

No rows in dataset when reading in xml?
Hi, Ive had a bit of a look around for other people with this problem and cant find anything that solves it in my case, so I'm afraid im going to have to bother you all with a post of my own. Essentially, I am trying to read in an xml schema and then an xml document into a dataset using ReadXmlSchema and then ReadXml. When i do this, i end up with a table in the dataset (which i assume is created when i read the schema), but no rows representing my document. I read in a couple of places that validation failing against the schema would cause data from my xml file, so i validated my docum...

Reading Pane #4
I have a user who does not like the way the reading pane displays. He would like the reading pane to display the message will be printed. Is this possible??? Thanks. TJM No... the reading pane display can't be changed to the print view <thos_moran1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1134138206.505361.17910@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have a user who does not like the way the reading pane displays. > > He would like the reading pane to display the message will be printed. > > Is this possible??? ...

reading and writing xml using a tcp stream
Hi, I am writing a client/server application with a desktop and a pocketPC which transfers a xml string which is to be loaded by a dataset on the client. the server uses this code to prepare and send the xml: Dim stringbuilder As New StringBuilder Dim textwriter As StringWriter = New StringWriter(stringbuilder) Dim xmltextwriter As New Xml.XmlTextWriter(textwriter) xmltextwriter.Formatting = Xml.Formatting.Indented Dataset.WriteXml(xmltextwriter, XmlWriteMode.WriteSchema) 'this is the connection to the client Dim w As New IO.StreamWriter(mobjClient.GetStream) ' the &qu...

Reading one line at a time from text file, using CFile
When we use fstream due to char line[100]; int N=100; getline(line,N,'\n'); // or getline(line,N); we can read one line at a time. How can we do the same with the CFile object ? Alur Alur wrote: > When we use fstream due to > char line[100]; > int N=100; > getline(line,N,'\n'); // or getline(line,N); > we can read one line at a time. > How can we do the same with the > CFile object ? > Alur Use CStdioFile::ReadString. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] "Alur" <Alur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46B...

Unhandled exception at 0x10001e80 in EXCEL.EXE: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x10001e80.
Hi All, Does somebody know what's a shit is that? I installed XP from scratch, then all service packs and update, VS etc., finally I installed the Office 2000. When I close Excel (and Word as well) I get this error. Unhandled exception at 0x10001e80 in EXCEL.EXE: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x10001e80. I installed all service packs and updated over the office, no results. My friend told me that it's a big difference how did we install Office, in what order. If I install the Office exactly after Windows main installation, then install all other packages, updates, ...

E-mail deleted after reading
After the last windows update, all the mail in my in box is automaticly deleted after I read them. Some of the e-mail I may want to return to and they are not in any other folder. Any idea on how to resolve this? While in the Inbox: View | Current View. Change: Hide Read Messages to Show All Messages. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:174077FA-5BD7-4140-A2C0-EF91A1E60342@microsoft.com... > After the last windows update, all the mail in my in box is automa...

Exchange 20003 - MSExchangeTransport - Failed in reading Connector's DS
I am getting this following error on my Exchange 20003 server: Failed in reading Connector's DS Info Process Id: 1724 Process location: C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe ConnectorDN: CN=Elite Systems Internet Mail,CN=Connections,CN=ELITE,CN=Routing Groups,CN=ELITE,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=Elite Systems Inc,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=elite-systems,DC=com Hr:80040920 Attribute:[] It looks as though there is a problem with 'CN=Elite Systems Internet Mail.' Is this correct? ...

Reading XML into a DataSet
I have the following [WebMethod] that returns an array of a struct and I want to load it into a DataSet on the consumer side.....Can someone provide me with an example of how to use the DataSet.ReadXml() function with an array of a struct?? [WebMethod] public State[] GetState2() { int cnt; DataSet ds = new DataSet(); try { SqlDataAdapter daState = new SqlDataAdapter(cmState); cnCrewManagement.Open(); daState.Fill(ds, "State"); cnt = ds.Tables["State"].Rows.Count; State[] states = new State[cnt]; for (int i = 0; i < cnt; i++) { states[i].StateID = (string)ds.Tables["...

Changing outlook reading panel fonts
Hi, One of my clients has a worker with very poort vision, he actually qualifies as legal blind, but retains enough vision to be able to use a computer, with a TV sized monitor on his desk. He find it much easier to read serif fonts, and so would like to change the font in the right hand reading pane in outlook 2004, and the reading pane when a message is double clicked to open the e-mail in it's own window. I can see no place in the menus to do this, can it be done using VBA ? Regards Glenn news.tpg.com.au <glenn.johnston@ecll.com.au> wrote: > One of my clients has ...

Preview Image Attachment in Reading Pane for plain text email
Does Outlook 2003 have the ability to preview images in the reading pane? I'm not referring to HTML emails. When I received a plain text email with .jpg attachments, Outlook Express was able to display them directly in the email. I'm wondering if Outlook 2003 has this option. Thanks! No. No version of Outlook does. That design is intentional since many Outlook users prefer to choose whether to display images or not. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Johnny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:143c01c3b649$65d40f10$3101280a@phx.gbl... > Doe...

Reading a list of names to update their records
Hi, I have a file named Inventory.xls which carries the records of all my stock items. List.xls is a short column list of item names whose identical data in Inventory.xls has to be updated by calling on a procedure Update07 which I already have. Starting at the first item in List, how do you write the codes to read this item, find its name in Inventory, call on Update07 then return to the next item in List, repeat the process and stop when the item name is a blank. I'm open to other suggestions to do the same task. Thanks for any help or suggestions. TIA Tom ...

Reading in an XML Web-based page
I would like to be able to import the following xml document on a daily basis to get the current exchange rates and then create the same output file so I can use Biztalk 2002 to import that file, but I am not sure how to do it? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. http://www.bankofcanada.ca/stat/fx-xml.xml This will make a local copy of the XML data: using System; using System.Xml; class Program { static void Main(string[] args) { XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument(); doc.Load("http://www.bankofcanada.ca/stat/fx-xml.xml"); doc.Save("c:\\temp\\...

Reading and Writing to COM ports
I am trying to write the values of Excel cells through a serial COM por to another application continuously as long as the excel file is open. also need to write a DDE command to Excel to activate Excel to turn o or off a device. Is this possible and how do I do this. Any help wil be appreciated -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Any help on this will be appreciated -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Take a look at google for "com port" in the *excel* newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=%22com%20port%22&num=100 "Fifi <&q...

Why is network reading slow?
I can copy a file to and from my Samba network in 20 seconds, yet it takes 80 seconds to compute its MD5 value. The delay is not related to the MD5 processing time because it can compute this in 12 seconds from the local drive. What is going on here? Peter Olcott wrote: > I can copy a file to and from my Samba network in 20 > seconds, yet it takes 80 seconds to compute its MD5 value. > The delay is not related to the MD5 processing time because > it can compute this in 12 seconds from the local drive. > > What is going on here? Probably in how ...

Problem reading Excel 2003 file through OleDB
Hy everybody, I've got a problem reading an Excel 2003 file in VB.NET. The problem comes when I do a SQL sentence through the Jet engine. If one column in the Excel file contains some numeric values and some string values, only returns the types of the first row that finds, the other data type is returned as NULL value. How can I return al the data types from the column? Here is my SQL sentence: SELECT * FROM [PAGE1$] Thank's. Luismi Can you not use the native SQL engine rather than the Jet engine as that, as you have found this determines the ...

Reading emails and attachments when offline
I need to be able to read my emails and attachments when I am offline, as I don't always have access to the internet. Is this possible, and if so how do I do it? If you're using a Personal Folder (PST) file to hold your mail and it's stored on your machine then you should be able to access your mail while off-net. If you're attached to an Exchange Server you'll need to setup (or have someone setup) an Offline Folder (OST) file to hold your data for off-net use "bench2006" <bench2006@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11CB72AA-2869-4BB6...