Toolbar positions

I use both Lookout for Outlook and the Business Contact Manager.  Both add
toolbars.

How can I get these toolbars to load on the same line instead of loading on
two lines.  I leave Outlook open in about 25% of my window, so the vertical
space is important.  These dang toolbars take up one line too many!  And,
this is on a laptop that I move between home and office restarting twice a
day.

David

0
dcalef (1)

Tab list position in Excel
One of the things that frequently annoys me with Excel is the position of the tabs at the bottom of the window. Usually columns are labeled at the top of a sheet and if I have a number of sheets with the same or similar types columns but in different contexts I always need to take my glance off the top and look at the bottom to check whether I really look at the information I think I'm viewing. I searched but I haven't been able to find any indication that the tab list could be moved to the top to facilitate seeing the overall context with a single look. Most other software us...

Toolbar
Just installed Office Professional 2007. Publisher is not displaying tool bar at the bottom of a document that shows the number of pages. Anyone know how to access this? I've already gone into view toolbar. -- LOTH There is a registry fix: Read the sixth FAQ here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "LOTH" <LOTH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:092CDD05-164F-4951-8A66-F80C837B0FC3@microsoft.com... > Just installed Office Professional 2007. Publisher is not displaying tool > bar a...

Customize toolbar
I know how to open tools and then customize and then commands. To drag off what you don't want and then drag on what you do want, BUT EVERY TIME I CLOSE WORD AND REOPEN IT IS BACK TO THE DEFAULT SETTINGS? HOW DO I GET IT TO STAY IN THE NEW FORMAT. IN EVERY OTHER VERSION OF WORD I ONLY HAD TO DO THAT AND IT STAYED You need to ensure that the normal template is saved when you close Word (and in a corporate environment, ensure it is still present when you re-open Word). If necessary, open the normal template and edit it directly. If you have not changed the default locatio...

How do I re-position chart data labels?
When creating a 3-D Clustered Bar Chart using the wizard, data labels are positioned at the end of the bars. The 3-D bar shadow makes it difficult to see any values. Rather than doing so manually, is there a quicker way to re-position all data labels to the centre of their bars? PS. A workaround for this problem when using only one series is to select 'Stacked Bar', but this is of no use with >1 series. Thanks. Alistair - Suggestion #1: Use 2D charts. The 3D effects can distort the reader's interpretation of the data, beyond your problem with the label positions. Y...

contribute & live toolbar won't go away.
contribute & live toolbar won't go away. I've fiddled with the customize settings. I went into the Vbasic macro editor and re saved things after toggling the menus off. I turned off the ZA forcefield [sometimes interferes with everything], rebooted, repeated the menu turn offs. Nothing worked. This isn't a new problem. It's happened before. Remove, move, or rename the add-in files that are creating those menus. Look under Tools / Add-ins to see which files you have as add-ins.... HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP <keepout@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message news:...

Help- View
Hi i need somebody to explain what happens with their Word 2008 when they click view-customise toolbars...and try to click the small font option that pops up under the large inaccessible font menu option. I get some kind of small box come up called 'Command Properties' and 'Fo&amp;nt'. I'm guessing maybe i dragged it out somewhere as you can and now the link is damaged... I hope this message is understandable. Thanks in advance all. In article <ee8a06f.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, myresolve@officeformac.com wrote: > Hi i need somebody to explain what happens...

Get position of image after stretching it
Im loading a picture and setting it as a stdPicture Object and displaying it as a background picture on the Form. This picture is then stretched using Paintpicture when the Form is resized (Im trying to make this app adaptable for most screen resolutions). Several controls are placed on this Form and they are placed in particular positions that fit with the background picture. For example, think of a coloured rectangle in this background picture. A picture control exactly the same size as this rectangle is then positioned and placed on top of that rectangle. The question: How can...

Advanced Security
Hi, I am using eE V7 with Advanced Security installed. I am setting up a user class with just Sales Enquiry access. When I use the Toolbar option to grant the class access to "Sales Enquiry" it does not give access to ALL the drill down or lookup forms which are required to do a Sales enquiry. eg. no access is granted to the "Sales Transaction Enquiry Zoom" form. Is there an easy way to indentify ALL the forms required to navigate around all the Sales Enquiry menu options. Perhaps someone has a list of all the forms ? Thanks in advance, Greg Davies The By Toolba...

File Edit toolbar is missing
The File Edit toolbar in Excel is missing First thing to check: Tools|customize|toolbars tab|make sure worksheet menubar is selected. Well, maybe the first thing to check is to verify that you can see all of excel--it's not just off the display window??? stellarmellor wrote: > > The File Edit toolbar in Excel is missing -- Dave Peterson ...

exporting toolbar settings to a new computer
I've made extensive customizations to my tookbars. How do I move them to a new computer when I install Visio 2003?? You can use the SaveToFile Method of the UIObject . Look at the Visio Sdk help, there are some vba code that can help "barry milliken" <barry.milliken@verizon.net> a �crit dans le message de news: eff90l8UHHA.5108@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I've made extensive customizations to my tookbars. > How do I move them to a new computer when I install Visio 2003?? > > > Barry, I found this reference: When you create a custom toolbar or modi...

Slider Control on a Toolbar
Hello, All, I'm modifying some code I didn't write and I'm running into a problem. I want to put a slider control on a toolbar. I've done this before with no problem, but in this case I'm clobbering the buttons on the toolbar. I'm using the standard technique of inserting a separator and then putting the slider control at that position with resizing, etc. The only major difference between what I've done in the past and this code is that I've used LoadToolbar() and this code is using LoadBitmap()/SetButtons(). This is unmanaged code under Vis...

Changing the Tooltip text in an SDI Toolbar
I've been trying to find a way to change the tootip info for a toolbar. Currently, I've tried getting the toolbar CToolBarCtrl and CToolTipCtrl objects but haven't been able to figure out what to do with them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ken If you are talking about tooltip info of a particular button on a toolbar, change it in resource editor by double clicking on the button and changing the text that appears at the bottom of the dialog. Text that appears before \n is tootip. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Ken Slight" <kslight@char...

adding a signature button to outlook xp toolbar
Hello All I an trying to set up outlook with 2 signatures and I would like to add a button for each signature to the toolbar so that I could insert the preferred signature by pressing that button any help would be appreciated. Thanks On Tue, 17 May 2005 06:58:35 -1000, Doctorpc631 <doctorpc631@aol.com> wrote: > Hello All > I an trying to set up outlook with 2 signatures and I would like to > add a > button for each signature to the toolbar so that I could insert the > preferred signature by pressing that button any help would be > appreciated. > > T...

Seems like a silly post - but
running access 2k; EVERY single time I start my access application, my toolbars are missing. I have to go into view, and turn them on. Why don't they STAY visible!!?? TIA - On Feb 5, 12:37=A0pm, bobg.h...@gmail.com wrote: > running access 2k; > > EVERY single time I start my access application, my toolbars are > missing. I have to go into view, and turn them on. > > Why don't they STAY visible!!?? > > TIA - Is this happening with all mdb files, or a specific one? If it is a specific one, I would see if there is some errant code that someone may have "...

Controlling position of query window
Good afternoon, I have a crosstab query that I use to essentially show coordinate values on an X x Y grid. The user can click a button to see the coordinates and up pops my crosstab query in the typical query way (a datasheet). I would have used a form to complete this task, but it appears that you cannot use a crosstab query in a form (at least not in Access XP). I want to use VBA to move the position of the query window on the screen, but I am clueless how to lock onto this window. If, for example I had a form that was being used for the same thing, I would simply use dim frm as access.For...

MFC toolbar reflection broken in VS 2005?
We have been using toolbar CmdUI reflection without problems in VC6 and recently rebuilt with VS 2005 to find that it no longer works. Comparison of the MFC code supplied with both versions reveals that they changed the reflection call in CToolBar::OnUpdateCmdUI: VC6 version: // allow reflections if (CWnd::OnCmdMsg(0,MAKELONG((int)CN_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI, WM_COMMAND+WM_REFLECT_BASE),&state, NULL)) continue; VS2005 version: // allow reflections if (CWnd::OnCmdMsg(0,MAKELONG(CN_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI&0xff, WM_COMMAND+WM_REFLECT_BASE),&state, NULL)) continue; As you can see th...

problems with toolbar-can't access certan commands i.e.hyperlink
can't access some commands - was working fine - now some commands are in grey - the commands disappeared from the pull down in the commands bar. Help magnus wrote: > can't access some commands - was working fine - now some commands are in grey > - the commands disappeared from the pull down in the commands bar. The hyperlink option may only appear when you are creating a Web Publication in certain versions of Publisher. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Trial version? You may have run out of time. Some pulldowns only work when you are creating a ...

" COPY " Feature on the Toolbar
I know this may sound a bit crazy! But I was wondering , when using the " COPY " Feature on the Toolbar , is there anyway to or anything I can do to see what I have Copied , or that will show what is the active item in the "Copy Feature"! The reason I'm asking , is because sometimes I can't remember what I have "Copied". -- Cool Steve On 2/13/2010 8:44 PM, cool steve wrote: > I know this may sound a bit crazy! But I was wondering , when using the > " COPY " Feature on the Toolbar , is there anyway to or anything I can do to...

google toolbar
does anyone else have the google toolbar that will not retain the drop down history using IE6+ and google latest TB, has been like this for weeks With Kind Regards from WillofAustralia. Uninstalling the problematic toolbar is how we fix it here. OnlyMe wrote: > does anyone else have the google toolbar that will not retain the drop down > history > using IE6+ and google latest TB, has been like this for weeks > With Kind Regards from WillofAustralia. > > On Dec 24, 2:57=A0am, "OnlyMe" <xub...@beagle.com> wrote: > does anyone el...

Int. Explorer black toolbars
Off and on two of my toolbars show up black with yellow stars for Favorites and icons for Home etc. I can see the desktop in slices through one of the black strips. Sometimes restarting corrects it, sometimes not. I can't fix it with manage toolbars or anything else I've tried. This is fairly new. PC was worked on recently with all new guts. Use XP. neverbeen -- neverbeen neverbeen wrote: > Off and on two of my toolbars show up black with yellow stars for > Favorites and icons for Home etc. I can see the desktop in slices > through one of the black st...

adjusting size and position of individual buttons on a toolbar control
Hello all, I'm extending the MFC CToolBar class to do various things and I need a little bit of help. Anybody know if it's possible to change the size or position of individual toolbar buttons or to somehow do owner-drawn processing with toolbars? (If I could draw my own separators, that would be an acceptible compromise.) Right now I'm automating the proccess of adding controls (combobox, progress, slider, etc...) in place of buttons on the toolbar. Currently, when I add the control, I check its width and then add separators between the real button which is underneath th...

Customizing Outlook 2003 toolbar
I want to customize my Outlook 2003 toolbar. I know how to add buttons, but how do I customize the button groupings by adding the vertical slash /separator? I can't find the separator in any of the categories/commands in the customize dialog box. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jim "Jim" <kraskamess@dakotacomm.net> wrote: >I want to customize my Outlook 2003 toolbar. I know how to add buttons, but >how do I customize the button groupings by adding the vertical slash >/separator? I can't find the separator in any of the categories/commands in >the ...

Updating Custom Toolbar/Menu
I provide monthly reports that are very long and full of data. I hav created a custom menu/toolbar with macros associated with the variou buttons that take the user to specific points in the file. The proble is, I have found that when I update the toolbar (or the macro associated with the buttons) and send the updates out, the other user still see the old toolbar instead of the new one. We have tried havin the other users delete the custom toolbar from the previous version o the report before opening the new version, but it doesn't work. Wha do I need to do to ensure that the people vi...

"Reviewing" toolbar keeps showing up
How can I permanently turn off the "Reviewing" Toolbar? I go into Tools>Customize>Toolbars to turn it off, but nearly every time I open Excel it reappears. I want it always off unless I explicitly call for it. How can I set this up? TIA Hi Kevin You can use this line to disable it Application.CommandBars("Reviewing").Enabled = False Set it to true to use it again Or check out this from Jim Rech From: Jim Rech (jrrech@hotmail.com) Subject: Re: Reviewing Toolbar Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.misc Date: 2003-01-09 04:22:21 PST Actually I believe the ...

What function returns the Nth position in a sequence of numbers?
MS Excel 2002 Hi What is the function that tells you (without doing a manual sort) which position a cell's value is within a range of values? I've used it before but I cant find it in Excel's Help ! With thanks Ship Shiperton Henethe Check out the MATCH function in Excel's help menu... Hope this helps! Shiperton Henethe Wrote: > MS Excel 2002 > > > Hi > > What is the function that tells you (without doing a manual sort) > which position a cell's value is within a range of values? > > I've used it before but I cant find it in...