Today customize problem (...not the known "button" problem, please read)

Hello,

no, don't worry, i will not ask again the "my customize today page is not
functionning, what should i do ?". :-)

I have a problem with outlook 2002, while it looks like ok with outlook
2000.

To customize the Today page with outlook 2000, you are able to modify the
content itself to show another calendar than yours, for example. The "how
to" is here (extracted from OutToday.doc, found on microsoft site):

"
Showing different Calendar and Tasks folders
By default, the Calendar and Tasks databinding tables show the information
from your main Calendar and Tasks folders. However, you can point the
databinding controls at other Calendar or Tasks folders. Just add a <param>
tag to the control object that specifies which folder path to use. For
example:

<object ID="CalList" CLASSID="CLSID:0468C085-CA5B-11D0-AF08-00609797F0E0">

  <param NAME="Module" VALUE="Calendar">

  <param NAME="Path" VALUE="\\Public Folders\Favorites\Team Calendar">

</object>

You can specify the absolute path this way:

  <param NAME="Path" VALUE="\\Personal Folders\My Projects\Crandall
Project\Calendar">

"

My problem is that i've got absolutly no result with this method using
outlook 2002. Nothing appears, just white space instead.

I haven't yed found previous answers before : if so, please apologize and
show me the link.

Thank you !

0
rdesberg (2)

I have this exact problem as well.

Does anyone know what's going on???

TIA.

Steve

> Hello,
>
> no, don't worry, i will not ask again the "my customize today page is not
> functionning, what should i do ?". :-)
>
> I have a problem with outlook 2002, while it looks like ok with outlook
> 2000.
>
> To customize the Today page with outlook 2000, you are able to modify the
> content itself to show another calendar than yours, for example. The "how
> to" is here (extracted from OutToday.doc, found on microsoft site):
>
> "
> Showing different Calendar and Tasks folders
> By default, the Calendar and Tasks databinding tables show the information
> from your main Calendar and Tasks folders. However, you can point the
> databinding controls at other Calendar or Tasks folders. Just add a
<param>
> tag to the control object that specifies which folder path to use. For
> example:
>
> <object ID="CalList" CLASSID="CLSID:0468C085-CA5B-11D0-AF08-00609797F0E0">
>
>   <param NAME="Module" VALUE="Calendar">
>
>   <param NAME="Path" VALUE="\\Public Folders\Favorites\Team Calendar">
>
> </object>
>

> You can specify the absolute path this way:
>
>   <param NAME="Path" VALUE="\\Personal Folders\My Projects\Crandall
> Project\Calendar">
>
> "
>

> My problem is that i've got absolutly no result with this method using
> outlook 2002. Nothing appears, just white space instead.
>

> I haven't yed found previous answers before : if so, please apologize and
> show me the link.
>

> Thank you !

0
sezman (3)
8/6/2003 2:19:18 PM
This is what happens:

us;821667

There's a fix for the buggy databinding control.
"Outlook 2002 Post-Service Pack 2 Hotfix Rollup Package
June 7, 2003"
Do you have any payed assistance contract with Microsoft?
Instead it seemes you have to pay subscribing a new one.
No pay, no fix.

Dura lex sed lex (latins used to say...)

Kisses from Italy

Stefania

wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> no, don't worry, i will not ask again the "my
customize today page is not
>> functionning, what should i do ?". :-)
>>
>> I have a problem with outlook 2002, while it looks
like ok with outlook
>> 2000.
>>
>> To customize the Today page with outlook 2000, you are
able to modify the
>> content itself to show another calendar than yours,
for example. The "how
>> to" is here (extracted from OutToday.doc, found on
microsoft site):

>> "
>> Showing different Calendar and Tasks folders
>> By default, the Calendar and Tasks databinding tables
show the information
>> from your main Calendar and Tasks folders. However,
you can point the
>> databinding controls at other Calendar or Tasks
folders. Just add a
><param>
>> tag to the control object that specifies which folder
path to use. For
>> example:
>>
>> <object ID="CalList" CLASSID="CLSID:0468C085-CA5B-11D0-
AF08-00609797F0E0">

>>   <param NAME="Module" VALUE="Calendar">
>>
>>   <param NAME="Path" VALUE="\\Public
Folders\Favorites\Team Calendar">

>> </object>
>>

>> You can specify the absolute path this way:
>>
>>   <param NAME="Path" VALUE="\\Personal Folders\My
Projects\Crandall
>> Project\Calendar">
>>
>> "
>>

>> My problem is that i've got absolutly no result with
this method using
>> outlook 2002. Nothing appears, just white space
instead.

>> I haven't yed found previous answers before : if so,
please apologize and
>> show me the link.
>>

>> Thank you !
>>

>.

Dear Stefania,

thank you for your help.

We asked the fix to Microsoft, it seems you can have it for free. What a
good idea... ;-)

For you and steve, i'll write here what happened as soon as i've got and
installed the fix.

Kisses from France,

Raphael.

"Stefania" <s.castelli@email.it> a �crit dans le message de
> This is what happens:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
> us;821667
>
> There's a fix for the buggy databinding control.
> "Outlook 2002 Post-Service Pack 2 Hotfix Rollup Package
> June 7, 2003"
> Do you have any payed assistance contract with Microsoft?
> Instead it seemes you have to pay subscribing a new one.
> No pay, no fix.
>
> Dura lex sed lex (latins used to say...)
>
> Kisses from Italy
>
> Stefania

0
rdesberg (2)
8/7/2003 1:09:24 PM
Yesterday I emailed MSoft through their free online support website and they
sent me the hotfix via email overnight.

The installation instructions were a little sketchy, but I had it up and
running within a few minutes.

Now my databinding is working fine.

> Dear Stefania,
>
> thank you for your help.
>
> We asked the fix to Microsoft, it seems you can have it for free. What a
> good idea... ;-)
>
> For you and steve, i'll write here what happened as soon as i've got and
> installed the fix.
>
> Kisses from France,
>
> Raphael.
>
> "Stefania" <s.castelli@email.it> a �crit dans le message de
> > This is what happens:
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
> > us;821667
> >
> > There's a fix for the buggy databinding control.
> > "Outlook 2002 Post-Service Pack 2 Hotfix Rollup Package
> > June 7, 2003"
> > Do you have any payed assistance contract with Microsoft?
> > Instead it seemes you have to pay subscribing a new one.
> > No pay, no fix.
> >
> > Dura lex sed lex (latins used to say...)
> >
> > Kisses from Italy
> >
> > Stefania

0
sezman (3)

Outlook 2003

Fulfillment type orders
We have orders at the initial status (just entered) and the options to allow delete documents and void documents are enabled on the Sales Order Type. However, we can't get a void or delete button unless we move the fulfillment order through the confirm process to an "Invoice" to get a Delete? What's up with this? Very annoying. Jana, I know it is subtle and wish there was a better way to display it, but the Void option only applies to Invoice type IDs and not Fulfillment Order type IDs ("Void Invoice Documents" vs. "Delete Documents"). Since both t...

Double Click Command Button to run module
I have code like the following in a module and a Call command linked to a command button on Sheet1 which is named Index. Sheet 2 is named Form. When I check the check box and press the command button only the cell range defined is highlighted but does not change to yellow. After going back the the Index sheet and pressing the command button again will the cells then turn yellow. What can I add so the cells will follow the complete code on the first press of the command button. Thanks for the help! Public Sub AddingEquipment() If Worksheets("Index").CheckBox1.Value = Fa...

Put the GD "send" button back how do you send the GD mail?
how do you send friggin email? where is the daym Send !!!!! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=129961bc-2dc6-44c0-b388-a3a62e527f05&dg=microsoft.public.outlook Calm down! The send bu...

Command button to open folder
I'm working on an accident tracking database. Users input accident details on a form, which automatically assigns a case number based upon date & time. They also create a folder on the computer to store pictures of the accident scene, and name the folder with the case number. Is it possible to have a command button on this form that would create a new folder and name it with the case number? Later, when a committee reviews the accidents, an overview is displayed on another form. Is it possible to place a command button on this form to open the folder with the same ...

Missing send button on outgoing mail
The toolbar containing the send button is no longer showing in the window of a newly created e-mail. Making changes to the toolbar options has no effect. I have re- loaded outlook. The only way I can temporarily correct the problem is to use the command line switch to start it in safe mode. Any syggestions? You and I were chatting about this in another thread -- I replied to you there a little while ago. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:73...

Using a button to copy contents of one file into another.
I have a form with 2 address physical address and Mailing address. Frequently the two are the same thing. So I want to have a button that copies the data across. Private Sub cmdCopy_Click() Me.Address2.Text = Me.Address1 Me.cboSuburb2.Text = Me.cboSuburb1.Text Me.State2.Text = Me.State1.Text End Sub Does not work I get an error 2185 that says "You can't reference a property or method of a control if the control does not have focus" Any ideas? On 20/03/2010 11:42 PM, Avid Fan wrote: > I have a form with 2 address physical address...

Toggle Button Selection
Hi there I am creating a questionnaire in access for children with disabilities and I am trying to make it as friendly as possible. I am making it so with some questions there are three options for a choice, and they will simply be a sad face, an ok face and a happy face. Somone made the suggestion of putting each of the images over a toggle button so when someone click the image they would actually e clicking the button. I figure this will mean for each question having to have three fields in a table, but I can cope with that. However, I am aware then that it could be possible for someon...

Embedding spin button
I've put a spin button icon into a cell and liked it to that cell. However when I go to use the button it highlights it for editting and won't work. The button comes up with: =EMBED("Forms.SpinButton.1","") - in the top panel when selected - do i need to modify this to get it working Maybe try the spinner from the Forms Toolbar instead of the Control Toolbox? Here's some steps to ease you in: Let's say we want to create a spinner button to increase / decrease the value in say, cell A2 Steps ------- Click View > Toolbars > Forms Click on "...

Minimize/Maximize, Restore Window buttons do not work
Buttons do appear in title bar of Excel program and in the individual worksheet, but clicking on any of them does not work. ...

Enable/Disable Button in a DialogBar regarding selection in TreeView
Hi! I have a SDI with the doc/view architecture with 2 Views. A ListView and a TreeView. Additionally I have a DialogBar with buttons. These are by default disabled. And that is ok. But I want to make the buttons enabled when the user selectes an item in the TreeView. I tried already this: 1)GetDlgItem(IDC_INIFILE)->EnableWindow(TRUE); But it doesn't work - I got an "access violation". 2) ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI(IDC_INIFILE, OnUpdateInifile) But the MessageHandler enables the buttons permanently - that's not what I want... So, i will be glad if somebody can give me a...

When I click buttons I have added the font or button resize, Why?
I have some buttons on my spreadsheet that I use to execute some commands. When I click them they will resize. The font resizes smaller each time until I can't even read it. Sometimes the button itself will resize and get bigger with each click. If I resize the button in design mode the font goes back to normal. Why is this happening? I've never seen this in real life, but I have read posts that describe this problem when using controls from the control toolbox toolbar. Any chance you could use the buttons from the Forms toolbar. You'll have to move the code to a general m...

Problem with changing font on CBUTTON
Hello together ! Im stuck with the following problem: I need to change the fontsize on an CBUTTON. What I tried: CFont ButtonFont; ButtonFont.CreatePointFont(26,"Arial"); m_BUTTON_TEST.SetFont(&Buttonfont); This really changes the font somehow - it becomes a little bigger, but it doesn't matter which size or which fonttype I try to use - the result is always exactely the same. What do I miss here ? Thanks for any hints, Regards Carsten >I need to change the fontsize on an CBUTTON. > >What I tried: > >CFont ButtonFont; >ButtonFont.CreatePoin...

Show/hide is showing although the button isn't selected- word 2007
I cant get rid of the show/hide option even though the button isn't selected. Does anyone know how to fix it? I have tried shutting down the computer but it hasn't helped. This isn't a problem for other account users on this computer. Thanks, Bec The Show/Hide ¶ button toggles the display between showing ALL nonprinting characters (formatting marks) and those that are specifically selected in Tools | Options | View or Office Button | Word Options | Display. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvp...

Set button Visibility
There is a button that won't need to be pushed until a specific date each year. It will go off from time to time as well. I would like to have it's visibily be an option for administrators. Is there a way to make the button visible/invisible via a check box on another form? -- Thanks As Always Rip Create a table called "Settings". Ensure you have a Yes/No field called "YourButtonVisible". Create a form bound to the Settings table with a checkbox bound to that field. Now, on the form with the button, set the Visible property of the button to: =DLookup(&q...

Print button #2
I have several control buttons that are used to print named ranges. have been using these regularly for about a year. Now, when I click th button, it goes through the print routine, sends it to the printer, the the button moves several columns to the left. It still prints ok, but have to chase the button down and move it back to where it belongs This is crazy. Can someone help? By the way, I recently downloade patches for Office XP, and I think that is about the time the proble began -- jayveeja ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jayveejay's Profil...

OE6; toolbar with Send button
Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1123 I don't want the Send button there ever. It is too easy to send an email accidently before it is ready to go. Can I PREMANENTLY get that toolbar to not be there? I'll send via the menu-bar. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=mi...

Code to set query parameter through command button?
Hi: I have a command button on a form that triggers a print job of a report that references a query with a parameter. I'd like to set that parameter (named [entryid]) off of the id field of the record that I am viewing on the form. Thanks in advance, Aaron On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 12:39:01 -0800, Aaron <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi: > >I have a command button on a form that triggers a print job of a report that >references a query with a parameter. > >I'd like to set that parameter (named [entryid]) off of the id field of the ...

the close button at the preview of a MFC application
Hi, How can I catch the message of the close button at the preview of a MFC application? Thanks a lot. Jim ...

insert button
I have a word 2007 document that I would like to use the insert/overwrite button but when I click on the insert button and try and overwrite nothing happens. How do I fix this or where do I go to turn it back on? thank you -- yjen You must enable this in Office Button | Word Options | Advanced: Editing options: "Use the Insert key to control overtype mode." Alternatively, if you have added Insert/Overtype to the status bar, you can click on that. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "yje...

Vista hides Printer button of CPageSetupDialog
Vista hides Printer button of CPageSetupDialog. Under XP, all is correct. What is the reason of that? Is there a hint? Thank you in advance Pierre Couderc ...

? button in dialog boxes
I am using Outlook 2007. For some reason every time I click the ? next to the X in a dialog box it brings up the Outlook Help window instead of letting me click on an item in the dialog box to get context sensitive help. Is this normal or can I fix this? It depends on the application. Different programs implement help in = different ways. You've now seen how Outlook 2007 does it.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=3D54=20 "BBran&quo...

Buttons-ComboBox-OpenForms "On Click"
I am creating a document control system for standard operating procedures (SOP) in MS Access 2007. I have just started an online VBA class and have moderate MS Access 2007 experience. This thread is very detailed and lengthy. Please don't let that deter you from reading it!!! If you have any ideas on ANY part of this, no matter how small or big for that matter, PLEASE leave a reply. I am at the end of my rope!!! I can email you my database if that would help with clarity. I could use VBA code suggestions, general theory, anything that you think would work better, or what to...