To free up disk space, Outlook Express can compact messages.

This is driving me crazy.  How can I get rid of this message?  I have never
used Outlook Express.

"To free up disk space, Outlook Express can compact messages.  This may take
up to a few minutes."

"Rufus Chaney" <RufusChaney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is driving me crazy.  How can I get rid of this message?  I have
> never
> used Outlook Express.
>
> "To free up disk space, Outlook Express can compact messages.  This may
> take
> up to a few minutes."

What are you reading this group with?

John

0
John
11/18/2009 10:11:59 PM
Something is using it because you'll only get that message when OE is
running.

Find this reg key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{GUID}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0
look for the data: Compact Check Count
Change the value to 0 (decimal).

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Rufus Chaney" <RufusChaney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is driving me crazy.  How can I get rid of this message?  I have
> never
> used Outlook Express.
>
> "To free up disk space, Outlook Express can compact messages.  This may
> take
> up to a few minutes."

0
Diane
11/19/2009 2:29:51 AM
"John Nice" <johnDOTniceATbtinternetDOTcom> wrote in message

> What are you reading this group with?

Right-click on message, choose Properties. Click on Details tab.
There you will see the following:

That's the Web interface. The clue is in the OPs address -
*@discussions.microsoft.com

HTH

0
Gordon
11/19/2009 9:08:42 AM
"Rufus Chaney" <RufusChaney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is driving me crazy.  How can I get rid of this message?  I have
> never
> used Outlook Express.
>
> "To free up disk space, Outlook Express can compact messages.  This may
> take
> up to a few minutes."

Try saying YES to it then!
Doh!

0
Gordon
11/19/2009 9:09:16 AM
Thank you for you help.  I am reluctant to say "yes" because this is a
suspicious message.  I have never used Outlook Express.  I use Outlook 2007
Professional and Outlook Express is not even installed on my machine.  It was
uninstalled from the Windows components upon receiving this machine months
ago.  I would never "just say yes".

> Thank you for you help.  I am reluctant to say "yes" because this is a
> suspicious message.  I have never used Outlook Express.  I use Outlook
> 2007
> Professional and Outlook Express is not even installed on my machine.  It
> was
> uninstalled from the Windows components upon receiving this machine months
> ago.  I would never "just say yes".

You'll find that OE was NOT uninstalled. If you read the dialog box you will
see that all you did was to remove ACCESS to it...

0
Gordon
11/23/2009 4:42:56 PM
On Nov 18, 2:01=A0pm, Rufus Chaney
<RufusCha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> This is driving me crazy. =A0How can I get rid of this message? =A0I have=
 never
> used Outlook Express.
>
> "To free up disk space, Outlook Express can compact messages. =A0This may=
 take
> up to a few minutes."

google for uncrazyer. We've made a small app. to solve this issue. It
is already available at most software repositories. If run in auto
mode, outlook will not bother you again, ever. The app is small, free
and clean.

Happy 2010 to all.
Your friends of Caracolix Media
0
info_cx

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

message delivery problems

Disk drive order
Hello, How to make my disk driver appear as C: (Its a virtual boot drive) and enumerate the other disk accordingly? The physical disk is always enumerate first, and windows think he is C: Thanks Guilherme You are out of luck, physical devices are always enumerated first. This has been true since Windows 2000. -- Don Burn (MVP, Windows DKD) Windows Filesystem and Driver Consulting Website: http://www.windrvr.com Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/WinDrvr Remove StopSpam to reply "Guilherme Moro" <guilherme.moro@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7f0...

outlook 97 and express email problems

errror message
error message: the selected assistant character is not available. microsoft outlook cannot install the neccessary files due to windows installer error 1605. this action is only valid for products that are currently installed. anyone please advise? ...

Outlook Recall Msg Process

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?

cannot open hyper links in outlook