To auto-fill using names no longer in address

Is there a way to remove the names for the auto fill
feature that are no longer in the address book or contact
list? If they are selected the properties for the entry
states name is no longer valid Address Book entry.

Thanks.
0
anonymous (74722)

State your Outlook version and what you mean by "autofill." Outlook has two
different functions this could be: autoresolution or autocompletion.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Ernie C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to remove the names for the auto fill
> feature that are no longer in the address book or contact
> list? If they are selected the properties for the entry
> states name is no longer valid Address Book entry.
>
> Thanks.

0
russval (3097)
9/3/2004 2:52:58 AM
Ernie,

In OL2002/2003 you have an autocomplete function.  That info. is stored in a
file called the NK2 file.  It is a hidden/system file.  When searching for
it, make certain that you can view and search for that file type.

Normally, if it is "autocomplete" data, you can highlight one entry and
press the delete key to remove it.  Or, if you have many entries to remove
or change, you can download our utility at www.dcs-imaging.com/products.com
..  It's called Owtlook and will enable you to edit/change/add/export/print
entries contained in the NK2 file.

Good luck.

Randy
"Ernie C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to remove the names for the auto fill
> feature that are no longer in the address book or contact
> list? If they are selected the properties for the entry
> states name is no longer valid Address Book entry.
>
> Thanks.

Using the Common Feed List in Excel
Is it possible to collect items from the Common Feed List (RSS feeds) generated by IE into Excel? I would like to screen a bunch of feeds from Craigslist and eBay and none of the readers I've tried seem to do it very well. TIA ed I have used the IE application with Excel to read 1000's of webpages. Depending on the Website it can be very simple, not so simple, or very complicated. Not all webpages are the same even though the make look similar. I don't know what you mean by "to do it very well". The code may not be simple. I would have to see the U...

Is it possible to use Latex fonts for MS Word?
I am trying to get \mathscr{D} character in MS Word (in the equation). In Latex it require \usepackage{mathrsfs}. Recently I discovered that it is possible to use Latin Modern Roman fonts in MS Word and the document looks like Latex document. Unfortunately I have to use very specific mathematical fonts. Maybe it is possible to get these fonts somewhere? Thank you in advance. Probably not. You are talking about a metafont. Those are not used by Windows at all. Actually, with the exception of TeX, I doubt they are used anywhere at all. What you could do is see if FontForge...

Multiple Attachments using command line swtches
I'm trying to figure out a way to launch a new e-mail message, with multiple file attachments, from the command line. I know how to do it with a single attachment, using the following method: outlook.exe /a c:\document.doc I've tried a number of permutations of this syntax to try to attach multiple files, such as using quotes, commas, semi-colons, but none of them seem to work. Any ideas? TIA - Dave You can't. You might want to use a compressing program first that generates a single .zip file out of all the attachments and attach that by the command line switch. -- Robe...

Sync Outlook 07 .pst file using Groove 07
Home desktop PC has my personal email from my ISP. Using Groove 07, I would like to be able to sync my personal email to my work laptop when traveling away from home. Is there a way to change the file types that Groove blocks (.pst) from sync? You can change it in groove options but including pst files is not necessarily a good idea. For started, the file can be huge... and you need to make sure outlook is closed - if the pst is open, it won't sync. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-ti...

Publish A Workbook Onto The Web, Then Access Using My Web Browser.
How do I access my spreadsheet, or workbook, on the web once I've saved it as a webpage from the file menu? I've found that even though I've save my workbook as a webpage, it does not have an http:// address which I can type in my web browser to access the workbook from my home computer or from a remote computer. Should I have to sign up with an http:// service provider or can this all be done from using Microsoft Office XP without going through a third-party? -- sigmad You have to have a website first of all, otherwise, where do you want to host this page? "sigmad&q...

PAB DOMAIN CHANGE for hundreds of address entries
Anyone know how to change all email domains in the PAB file at once? My company name changed with our emil domain and I have over 1000 entries. I'm looking to make a universal change, but cannot figure out how to import changes to PAB file. I can import to CONTACTS but not PAB, which I keep separate. Thanks. .. >Anyone know how to change all email domains in the PAB >file at once? Outlook 2000 and up don't use the PAB. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is ...

chart auto
Hello, i am studying statistics and i have something to do but i don't know. i want to make a work book which i entry a value every month, i want every month the bar chart which i have created to auto add the value of the new month. how can i set the properties in the bar chart like, every month of every year to have the same color (auto)? Thank you for your time ...

Creating and pasting using VB
I need to create an email and paste a current selection in microsoft excel using visual basic. I have just started to work on this so I don't know what all I have to include. If I need mapi add-ins or anything else added please let me know. I already have the sub routines set to copy the data that I need out of excel but now I need to email this data automattically. Any help would be very helpful. Thanks, Matt ...

Can Entourage be used to access Google Groups
I am in the process of switching from PC to Mac. In Entourage, I see this news server. Can I get some of my newsgroups in Google Groups to show on Entourage or Mac Mail? Responses off group will be welcome if I have asked something everyone except me knows. Thanks, Michael Plog On 1/31/10 3:25 PM, Michael Plog wrote: > I am in the process of switching from PC to Mac. In Entourage, I see this > news server. Can I get some of my newsgroups in Google Groups to show on > Entourage or Mac Mail? > > Responses off group will be welcome if I have asked something e...

Upload a file to a web using VBA
There is a site on our company's INTRANET that I need to upload a file to. This is a FORM that needs the fileName to be populated, but I have not been able to get it to accept fileName from any means I have tried. I have ALL of the other fields working and it is to the point all I need to do is manually select the file, but I need to automate this. I have been able to access the site, stuff all kinds of other info into the websites varables, but I have NOT been able to stuff the fileName to upload. Here is the code (including some failed attempts) to get the file name into t...

What does it mean to have a file name followed by .xls:1 etc.?
I received an Excel spreadsheet that produces two separate spreadsheets when I open it. They have the same names except that one is .xls:1 and the other ..xls:2 and I have not been able to find what this signifies. Those are multiple windows that view the same Excel file. You create them by selecting Window>New Window. If you close the :2 window, the other will still be open (but the :1 will no longer display) Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "KGAR" wrote: > I received an Excel spreadsheet that produces two separate spreadsheets when > I open it. They ha...

problems switching speadsheets in excel 2000 using windows xp
I have a pc running XP Pro and Excel 2000 (office). The user has two or three speadsheet open at once. They are having problem using the alt tab to switch between sheets. If the use the windows they see them open and can click to change but would like to use alt tab ...

Save single worksheet from workbook using the sheet name?
Gday, I have had a search through some of the previous questions and I cant quite find what I am looking for, I have a master sheet which I split into seperate sheets using one of Debra Dalgleishs macros all works fine. However my next step is to save each of these sheets into seperate folders using the individual sheet name. As ever I hope this isnt too muddled a question! Any help would be greatly appreciated TIA Ajay Ajay, You need to copy it to its own workbook and save that Worksheets("Sheet1").Copy ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= "myfile.xls" -- H...

Log files filling disk up
We have an Exchange Server 2003 implementation. It is generating 5MB logfiles every few minutes, and within a few weeks is filling the available disk space. Any advice on hoe these logfiles can be managed would be much appreciated. Thanks Dave Are you doing Exchange-aware full online backups? On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 06:44:41 -0700, "Dave Marshall" <dj_marshall@yahoo.com> wrote: >We have an Exchange Server 2003 implementation. > >It is generating 5MB logfiles every few minutes, and >within a few weeks is filling the available disk space. > >Any advice...

Error Message using Personal Folders Back-up
I recently downloaded and installed the Personal Folders Back-Up program into my Outlook 2000. I have it set to back up my Personal folder to a Zip drive when I exit Outlook. When the I exit the program I keep getting the following message "Cannot copy outlook: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file." What do I need to do to get this to work properly? I would like to be able to back up my Personal folder without exporting each subfolder to the zip drive individually. I also tried backing up to other locations with the sam...

address book #68
--------------------------- Microsoft Outlook --------------------------- The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Microsoft Outlook Help. --------------------------- OK --------------------------- I have just installed outlook 2002 this is a error message I receive when I click on my address book.How do I correct this. Frank If I were you I'd read one of the th...

lost E Mails and addresses
Anybody help My old computer recently literally "blew up", which prompted me to buy a new computer with xp home. I have taken the old hard drive and added it to my new computer for more storage space... it was xp professional by the way. My problem is that all my old E Mails and Addresses were stored on my old drive and I have been trying to retrieve them. Unfortunately I cant access my personal file which was in the Documents and Settings folder. When I try to access it, it says Access denied. I did have a password on it though. I can access my wife's files but these weren&#...

Can I set an auto-bcc recipient for every outgoing message in MO6
I need to have every outgoing message, no matter who they addressed "to", automatically bcc'd to a different one person. How can I do that in MS Outlook Express 6? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer...

Wrong sender name when forwarding meeting request....
Hello... need help. ! When I (user A) send a meeting request to user B and user B forwards the request to user C. User C will see me (User A) as sender. I thought it should be user B, because he forwards the request. Does anybody know this ?? Thanks Marc On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 03:25:03 -0800, "Marc" <Marc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello... need help. ! > >When I (user A) send a meeting request to user B and user B forwards the >request to user C. User C will see me (User A) as sender. I thought it should >be user B, because he forwards the request....

Outlook Express address Book #3
My address book is no longer visible. How do I correct the problem. This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an outlook express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress for OE 6.x ...

Outlook 2002 and Personal address book
Outlook 2002: I would like to put people in my personal address book on e-mail, but when I click on the person's e-mail address it only says "Add to contacts". It doesn't say add to personal address book. Can you make it add to personal address book please? Thanks! ...

Auto forward incoming mails.
Outlook 2003. How to configure such that all incoming mails to exchange will auto forward to my personnal email address? You can create a rule for that; Tools-> Rules and Alerts Note that automatic forwarding is disabled by (secure) default on the Exchange server. To enable see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/automaticreply.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Emyeu" <cmchong20@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uNQsdGAkEHA....

Scroll horizontaly with mouse, create same system used to scroll .
Hi, I think it would be great if mouses adopted a second scroll button, for horizontal scrolling, just like the vertical one .... Indeed, when you work with wide Excel spreadsheets, you can easily scroll down but to scroll from left to right or vice-versa, you have to use the scroll bar or arrows and it's annoying... So, am I a millionnaire yet??? Hi Frederic, > I think it would be great if mouses adopted a second scroll button, for > horizontal scrolling, just like the vertical one .... Indeed, when you work > with wide Excel spreadsheets, you can easily scroll down b...

Re: Using alias address
Brian Tillman wrote: > Vince <vinresp*@swhome.com> wrote: > > >>We use an exchange server at work for e-mail. I have set up an alias >>that I use for receiving mail but I wanted to use the alias for >>sending all the mail as well. I was told that it cannot be done in >>exchange but I can use a POP server. > > > I don't believe that's always true. For example, I have several accounts in > Outlook where I work, all within the same profile. Only one of those > accounts, the Exchange account, uses my work address. The ot...