To auto-fill using names no longer in address

Is there a way to remove the names for the auto fill
feature that are no longer in the address book or contact
list? If they are selected the properties for the entry
states name is no longer valid Address Book entry.

Thanks.
0
anonymous (74722)

State your Outlook version and what you mean by "autofill." Outlook has two
different functions this could be: autoresolution or autocompletion.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Ernie C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to remove the names for the auto fill
> feature that are no longer in the address book or contact
> list? If they are selected the properties for the entry
> states name is no longer valid Address Book entry.
>
> Thanks.

0
russval (3097)
9/3/2004 2:52:58 AM
Ernie,

In OL2002/2003 you have an autocomplete function.  That info. is stored in a
file called the NK2 file.  It is a hidden/system file.  When searching for
it, make certain that you can view and search for that file type.

Normally, if it is "autocomplete" data, you can highlight one entry and
press the delete key to remove it.  Or, if you have many entries to remove
or change, you can download our utility at www.dcs-imaging.com/products.com
..  It's called Owtlook and will enable you to edit/change/add/export/print
entries contained in the NK2 file.

Good luck.

Randy
"Ernie C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to remove the names for the auto fill
> feature that are no longer in the address book or contact
> list? If they are selected the properties for the entry
> states name is no longer valid Address Book entry.
>
> Thanks.

Exchange Migration Wizard and creating new SMTP reply addresses
Hello, I'm migrating from a Netware 6.5 environment, but am going to be using another tool because of the need to migrate archives and personal address books. I would, however, like to use the Microsoft tool to populate the GWISE SMTP address with the old GroupWise address. Is there a way to run the Exchange Migration Wizard in a mode that will only create the additional GWISE SMTP addresses for all of my users? Aaron ...

Replying to Individual in Newsgroup using Outlook, with O.E. as NG reader
I'm using Outlook 2000 sp1 for E-mailing. It's set-up to use Outlook Express 6 as the newsgroup reader (whilst calling itself Outlook Newsreader). I recently wanted to reply to an individual in a thread. Everything seemed to go okay until I checked the 'Sent Items' of Outlook. There was an E-mail to the individual, but none of the text that I'd included was there, only the original newsgroup message. Does anybody know what's going on, how to fix it, or has anybody got any suggestions ? Thanks in Advance Duncan Anderson O/S = Win X/P home sp1 I think this happens be...

Unpopulated Cell Address
Hi I'm a newbie and was wondering can anyone help with my query. I am trying to find out how to print a spreadsheet with just the data that is contained in certain cell address's. Where a cell address is not populated I want the whole row to not appear in a printed copy. Any ideas? Try this idea Sub hiderowsandprint() With Range("a1:a21") .SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).Rows.Hidden = True .Resize(21, 8).PrintPreview .Rows.Hidden = False End With End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Mick Smith" <notsa...

Adding Named Formulas to a Chart
Guys I've been trying to figure out how to add a named formula to series' field. Do i just add teh name of the formula in quotes, singl quotes, or what? thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Maurice, like this: =workbook.xls!rangename -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com "maurices5000 >" <<maurices5000.178a3w@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:maurices5000.178a3w@excelforum-nospam.com... > Guys I've been trying to figure out how to add a named formula to a > ...

What's the correct procedure to use a CBitmapButton in a dialog (to avoid resouce leaking)?
Hi, I have a CBitmapButton member in a dialog. The problem is that, after exiting my program, there is a cross button staying on my windows 2000's desktop now. The button is exactly the one I used in the dialog. Clicking on it doesn't do anyting. Rebooting the machine doesn't help. The application has been mailed to many customers. Now I expect they'll see this button on their machine but hardly guess that it's caused by my program. In DoDataExchange(), I associate the CBitmapButton member with a push button in the dialog's template. Then in OnInitDialog...

Auto Update in Forms
Please help. I am totally terrible in Access and need simple instructions. I have a form that all it has is the employee name control and the employee id number control listed like this: requestor (employee name) tag number (employee id) Can someone give me a simple method for putting in the requestor name and the tag number will pop up automatically. Created a query called qrytaguser which has both fields in it to try to make this happen. Read several forums, but I don't understand VBA code to translate the suggestions. Thanks in advance. -- Johnny ...

How do I force all capital in a column of lower case names?
I read the help, but it doesn't tell me where to enter the formula. If you do not have a blank column next to the mentioned column, then insert one. Enter the formula in a cell adjacent to the cell you want to change, and copy down. Then copy this column, go to the original column, select a cel, right click and click on Paste Special, tick values. Delete the helper column. Iow, with you lower case data in Column E, click on Column F, if not empty, and insert a column. F is then an empty column. Say your data starts in E2, then in F2 enter =UPPER(E2). Move cursor to the botto...

Error when using RMS EDC Settle function
Hello. We run RMSsp2, and use PCCharge PaymntSvr EDC software/First Data processor. PCCharge settles fine, if trying from within RMS, receive error on: 1st attempt: "Invalid Merchant" box error appears. 2nd and subsequent attempts "Invalid Destination Zip" box error appears. Erro occurs withing few seconds of settle attempt, settle progress doesnt go beyond 1/10 of progress meter and this error pops up. Any ideas? Our EDC config is fine and all batches and items are ok in PCCharge. thanks luke ...

Unable to attach an attachment using mail merge
Anyone know how to do an Outlook mail merge and have it sent an attachment to all merged recipents? I put the attachment into the basic outlook e_mail message and when it merges it strips off the attachment. I am using Word as the E-Mail editor and Outlook 2002 SP2 and merging contacts directly from an Outlook Contact folder. ...

How to use MFC Cstring class in Win32 DLL?
Hello all I am having WIN32 DLL and i have to use CString in it. I tried include <Afx.h> with project setting with both 'use MFC in a static library' as well as 'use MFC in a shared library' option of project setting but firstly i got error fatal error C1189: #error : WINDOWS.H already then i commented #include<windows.h> after that i am getting linking error mfcs42d.lib(dllmodul.obj) : error LNK2005: _DllMain@12 already defined in testdll.obj Debug/testdll.dll : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found i tried other options like includi...

Auto Number
Hi - In tblProvider I have ProcessYear and ProviderProcessNumber fields. In the bound form, frmProvider, I would like txtProcessProviderNumber to increment by 1 on each new record each new record entered during the Year. The year will be entered manually by the user via combo box in text field. Once the Process year changes to a new year I would want the numbers to start all over at 1. How can I do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. -- Gary i n Michigan, USA GaryS wrote: >Hi - In tblProvider I have ProcessYear and ProviderProcessNumber fields. In >the bound form,...

Prevent auto recoloring of chart when using Pivot Table data
I have crated a Pivot tabel with data I want to show in a Chart. My problem is when I refresh data the colours of the "data series" changes. For exaple I want one of my series "OK" always be shown in green colour, but after a refresh of pivot all colours changes. This problem is not only colouring. If I have made changes to my chart so that one series ar plotted on a secondary axis, and I change it to another chart type (e.g. the secondary should be shown as a line instead of column) this also changes when refreshing the data. Most irritating! Anyone that knows how to p...

'error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing registration" Project Name
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C80055.07F02D20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, all I wrote a COM project with VS2003, when I compile this project = ,finally I get the error like 'error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error = code from "Performing registration" Project Name. Any helpful ideas would be highly appreciated! -ja ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C80055.07F02D20 Content-Type: text/html; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable...

uninstall from command line using alternate credentials
WinXP SP3. Is there a way to do this? I am trying to find a way for a power user to uninstall a program using the msiexec + uninstall string from the registry using admin account credentials. Alternativly, I have tried to get the user to do a "run as" on the appwiz.cpl file but I get an error. UPDATE: also tried making a shortcut and running as admin but there is still an error with starting the msiexec. It says something like error statring program, it may be disabled or have no associated programs. I checked the windows installer service and it is running. ...

SP3 Problem
Ever since I installed SP3 for Office XP, I have been getting the following error - "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" I get this error only when I use Word as my email editor. Hence what is happening is that Outlook thinks that Word is a rogue program trying to send unauthorized emails. My question is, is there a way to prevent this - a whitelist of programs for example? Ajit Disable the PDFMaker addin. (See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems for details on how to do this.) "Aj...

Using Microsoft Map in Office XP
How can I add the add-in Microsoft Map to work in Office XP? Thank you for looking. John John MS Map not available with versions 2002 and 2003. MS Map Point is now the application used. Costs about $250.00 US. An alternate is to use MapInfo product(which was the Excel 97 and 2000 product). Very costly at minimum $595.00 US just for upgrade. http://www.mapinfo.com/location/integration But............found this tidbit on the net thanks to Debra Dalgleish. Mystery of the Missing Map Tool: If you believe Microsoft, the Excel Map tool is permanently out of action in Offi...

SQLDataAdapter Fill with startRecord parameter
Hi. I can't unserstand how startRecord works; i think there is a problem. I'm using maxrecord=5. If i put zero 0, the dataset is filled with all values in table (rows.count is = @@rowcount) If i put 1 the dataset is filled only with 5 values, but row is not the first one in the table, is the second! If i put 2 the dataset is filled only with 5 values, but row is not the first one in the table, is the third! .... and so on. So MSDN says that startRecord is 0-based index... that seems to be true but in this way we lost our first record !! ...

Updating a form after using a workflow rule to update the entity.
I have a workflow rule that, on create of a contact, calls an assembly and updates an attribute of that assembly. It works a treat, but after saving, the attribute does not appear in the form. I have to close and re-open the contact to see the attribute. Is there any way to have this display immediately? Thanks Saira ...

Fully qualified domain name change
When I first installed Win2003 and Exchange we didn't have a fully qualified domain name yet so the installation of Exchange used the email format of "sender@company.local". While this is OK for internal email external email cannot recognize company.local. We now have a fully qualified domain name so how does one change the current "company.local" email addresses to "company.com" addresses? Thanks and I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question. -- Gyro You need to 'apply' a new RUS policy to add the new e-mail addresses to each mai...

Fax Address Book

Multiple remit-to addresses per vendor
Is there a good way to handle multiple remit-to addresses per vendor? It seems like the only solution is to create one vendor per remit-to address (resulting in a bunch of vendors) or manually switching the remit-to address prior to printing checks (opening the door to more error). You can have an unlimited number of addresses for your vendors. Each address is titled with an address code which must be unique. On the vendor card you choose ONE address as the default Remit To but you can perform a remit to function to any address. cr >-----Original Message----- >Is there a good...

Change multple table names
I have over 100 similar worksheets with two tables on each sheet, currently with excel inscrutable names. I would like to automatically change the names of the tables to reflect two things: 1. the name of the worksheet 2. conatentate sfr on the first table in the sheet and ct to the second table on the sheet. I've spent the last four hours searching the internet and playing around with this to no avail. Recording a macro gives me this: Range("Table.AthertonSFR[[#Headers],[Date]]").Select ActiveSheet.ListObjects("Table811131517192123").Name = &q...

Shortcut key for the Auto Sum, Max, Min, etc. window
I am trying to find the shortcut key(s) that lets me change the setting/functionality of the Auto Sum, Max, Min, etc. window in MS Excel. The window I am referring to is located in the bottom right hand corner of Excel, i.e. two places to the left of the NUM (displayed when Num Lock is on) window. Thank you for your help. James, I think you may be referring to the AutoCalculate feature which appears on the status bar when you have selected cells with values in them. By default it gives the sum of the cell values, but you can right click on the calculation in the status bar to change...

sending messages with attachments takes longer than usual
Hy everyone,for the last couple of days i've being trying to troubleshoot a problem on a windows 2000 network. All the workstations seem to share the same problem,if they send a message with a small attachment,there's no problem but as soon as the size of the attach reaches aproximately 400 Kbp,it takes an eternety to send the e- mail and sometimes doesn't even send it. I've being using a normal workastation winth win2000 server,and for the internet sharing i'm using wingate (i've checked the settings on the wingate's firewall and everything is set as default....

problem while using excel
hi, exel sheet displaying page number in background in each and every cell of my sheet in background And displaying message first while opening the sheet as "margins doesn't fit can you please help me with this issue?? View > Normal -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200786 While i am using excel, when i try to copy and paste words, the program becomes very sluggish. very laggy and slow. how do i resolve this? You probably have a lot of formulae, go to TOOLS>OPTIONS>CALCULATION and change it to manual, you can then calculate the workbook by pressing F9, take a look ...