title bar and menu bar in black

My title bar and menu bar are in black. The menu bar is easy to read because
the words are in white. I can't see the three boxes in the upper right
corner of the title bar until I "hover" over them. Is there a way to change
the color of the title bar and/or menu bar to a lighter color? I am using
Windows 7 Home Premium and Outlook 2007. Thanks in advance.

Stephen Reinstein
SteveR7138@msn.com

0
Steve

What windows colors /scheme are you using? Which office/outlook color are
you using?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile?

"Steve" <SteveR7138@msn.com> wrote in message
> My title bar and menu bar are in black. The menu bar is easy to read
> because the words are in white. I can't see the three boxes in the upper
> right corner of the title bar until I "hover" over them. Is there a way to
> change the color of the title bar and/or menu bar to a lighter color? I am
> using Windows 7 Home Premium and Outlook 2007. Thanks in advance.
>
> Stephen Reinstein
> SteveR7138@msn.com

0
Diane
2/28/2010 3:40:39 PM
How do I find out which "office/outlook" color scheme I'm using? My windows
is a solid blue.

> What windows colors /scheme are you using? Which office/outlook color are
> you using?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile?
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=36602
>

> "Steve" <SteveR7138@msn.com> wrote in message
>> My title bar and menu bar are in black. The menu bar is easy to read
>> because the words are in white. I can't see the three boxes in the upper
>> right corner of the title bar until I "hover" over them. Is there a way
>> to change the color of the title bar and/or menu bar to a lighter color?
>> I am using Windows 7 Home Premium and Outlook 2007. Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Stephen Reinstein
>> SteveR7138@msn.com

0
Steve

Notes- Can they be titled?
I'm not really new to Outlook, but have never figured out how to actually "Title" a note. The notes have title bars, but I cannot type in it, nor can I find any help on this. Is it actually possible to put a title on a note? It sure would be helpful. I'm running Outlook 2003, by the way. Fraydnerv, you wrote on Tue, 24 Feb 2009 06:53:03 -0800: > I'm not really new to Outlook, but have never figured out how to actually > "Title" a note. The notes have title bars, but I cannot type in it, nor can > I find any help on this. Is it actually po...

Print color copies i n black and white
I am using Word 2007. In earlier copies I could print color copies in Black and white but I cannot find out how now. charles arnett Look at your printer setting options. It's not part of Word. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "charles arnett" <cjarnett1@woh.rr.com> wrote in message news:Ocz1amjkKHA.2164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I am using Word 2007. In earlier copies I could print color copies in Black >and white but I cannot find out how now. > charles arnett ...

Account List Drop-down menu doesn't split into columns
I've been a long time user of Money (since 97) and recently upgraded from 2000 to 2004. I like most of the changes in 2004 but because I am a BIG keyboard short-cut guy there was 1 change that was very annoying until I figured out how to work around it. Maybe this will help some others... In 2004 the drop down list of accounts (by clicking on the account name when viewing any account) no longer splits into multiple columns when needed. Thus when you have more accounts than your screen height can display you can't see them all by using the drop down menu and the mouse, you ha...

Tool bar missing in Excell 2003
When I open a saved spreadshheet, the toolbar is missing, To restore it, I have to go to App Data and remove the "green" Excel operator command file, then the toolbar reappears and everything is fine. That takes a bit of time, and in a busy office, is becoming a problem, as others use the computer under different profiles. We all have to go through the same solution each time we log on to use the computer. There are other computers in our office, all networked, but this is the only machine with the problem. Any ideas as to how to restore the toolbar and make it stay for all users? ...

One bar chart
Hello, I am looking to create a chart in one column but with all values, like the pie charts sixth option but for the whole of the chart should be be the blocks and no pie. The figures I need to put in is a number of participant for an event and I would like to show the highest number of participant on top with the biggest block and the fewest in the bottom with the smallest block. The country and number of participants whould be labelled in the blocks. See sample numbers below. Iceland 20 United Kingdom 16 Netherlands 13 Norway 13 Sweden 11 Finland 9 Denmark 9 Belgium 7 Ireland 5 Ita...

stacked bar graphs #2
Is it possible to add add trend lines to stacked bar graphs? A trendline will not take into account the addition of previous series to the one being fitted with the line. What I would do is add a trendline to the series, keep the textbox with the formula, but make the line less visible (you can't hide it completely, but you can at least use the background color as the line color). Then I would add a line series to the chart using the sum of values, so that the markers are planted on the top of the stacked columns. I would hide this line (no markers, no line), and fit a trendline to...

Missing Sales and Marketing entries from the Navigation bar
Hi, I'm a newbbie to Crm. Crm 3.0 has been installed with just the web client i,e no outlook/ exchnage integratiion. When i run the site the only entries on the navigation bar are Workplace, Services and Settings. Any reason why Sales and Marketing are missing?. How can i gain access to these? Thanks for all info. John Hi John, I guess you are connecting with the installation user. Try going to Settings/Settings/Business Units/Users and open your user. Check if the "Restrict user" box is checked and uncheck it. Save the user settings Hit <F5> and you should be set. H...

Menu Bar #3
Hi is it possible to customise the menubar and get rid of all the ones thats already there ??? Many Thanks Benn -- cassy01 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cassy01's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=780 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=483238 what i mean is customise the menubars only on that workbook, when the book is closed it goes back to normal. thanks -- cassy01 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cassy01's Profile: http:...

How do I set up a stacked chart with different series for each bar
I am trying to create a stacked chart for three different products (Product A, B, C). Each product has three different values that make up the product's cost (Cost A, B, C). The products need to be compared at different values. So, compare total cost (based on sum of Cost A, B, C) of Product A, B, C at $5. Then compare their total cost at $10. Then at $20. How do I do this without having a separate X Value (5,10,20) for each bar? I want Products A, B, C to have the same X Value of $5, without seeing $5 three different times. Thank you. Maybe you need to switch between By Ro...

Relation between Active Title Bar and Font size/style
Hi, I am trying to predict the title bar height of each address card. and I found that the title bar height is related to the font's style and size. I found that it is similar to the setting in DisplayProperties->Appearance. When you change the font style/size for title bar, the active title bar height is changing but not in ratio. Does anyone know the relationship between the height of window title bar and font size/style of that title bar? Any system call to calculate this? Regards, Tony Does this help? SystemParametersInfo(....) and SPI_SETNONCLIENTMETRICS -- Vipin Aravin...

add browser menu in excel
I have a spread sheet that reads data in from a text file before I use it. Just now I have the user add the text file pathname in a cell and I use that pathname. I would like to add a browser capability where the user can select the file just like windows explorer. Can't find anything to do this. Any help is appreciated. Thanks You could use a little macro and ask the user to select the input file. (Are you importing the text file via a macro?) Dim myFileName as variant myfilename = application.getopenfilename("Text Files, *.txt") if myfilename = false then exit sub &...

Dynamic stacked bar chart not working
I have several stacked bar charts - fairly simple, one x, one y axis, graphing a table with dates across the top, series labels (12) down, to which a column is added each month. I set up a dynamic named range for the data and a non-dynamic named range for the series labels. This works, always selecting the last 13 months of the data. On the Source data dialog box, data range tab, i then swapped the old fixed range references for the new dynamic range names, hit ok, and the graph accepts them and displays correct range, so far so good. However when i update the data with another column (...

Category Axis Area in Bar Chart Cuts Words Apart on Wordwrap
I have a bar chart in Excel 2000, and I need to fit a lot of Data into a small chart area. Currently, the data is being displayed properly, but the Category Axis Labels are being wordwrapped and when this happens, it just cuts a word in half. For instance, one label is 'Professional' and it gets displayed as the following: 'Professio' 'nal' Any suggestions at how to control this so that it doesn't happen would be much appreciated. Thanks. Viper To help control where the labels break, you can add line breaks in the label cells on the worksheet. For exam...

adding scroll bar to comment boxes
Hi Friends, Is it possible to have scroll bars in comment boxes. I have to add a lot of text to the comment boxes. So scroll bars in a comment box will make it easy to go through the text. thanking you people in advance sincerely ...

I don't seem to have the ability to add "News" to my tool bar.
I don't seem to have the ability to add "News" to my tool bar. If you wanted to post a question about this, you would need to use standard posting conventions. Failure to do so is considered a disservice to the volunteers who provide help in these newsgroups. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555375 In your case the minimum information you should have provided includes: Operating System, Outlook version, Default newsreader. As it is, the Magic 8 ball says, "Try Again Later" -- Russ Valentine "Brian Jerry Fox" <Brian Jerry Fox@discussions.micro...

help me. How to delete a menu
I have inserted two menus in the standad menu of Excell and now i dont know how to delete them. Every time i run Excel the menus are there... View>toolbars>customize and just "physically" grab them with the mouse and drop them somewhere off the menu toolbars, then close the customize window -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "H. Lima" <hlopeslima@gmail.com> wrote in message news:47205095.0507031052.35d22f6f@posting.google.com... >I have inserted two menus in the standad menu of Excell and now i dont > know how to delete them. Every...

Horizontal scroll bar stopped working in an Access form
Hi, I am working on a enhancement of a Access application (backend sql server). This mainly includes a status form that has nnumerous fields. The design of this form shows both scroll bar. However, after writing some code (which works) I am not seeing the horizontal scroll bar of this form. This is a problem as without it I cannot update some of the updateable fields as the pointer to a record is missing to let me know which record I am updating. This was working till morning. I really appreciate if somebody can tell me the issue and the resolution. Thanks in advance ...

Excel 2000 Drop Down Menu
I have seen a drop down menu before in an Excel cell. I would like to incorporate this feature to be used for selecting a month of the year. How do I go about creating such a feature? -- lsmft ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lsmft's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30678 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=511250 You can use Data>Validation to create the dropdown list. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html ...

Getting Rid of Macros in a Menu
Hi all MVP's Some weeks ago I requested information on how to get rid of a macro on a menu. I did not receive a satisfactory answer. Any how I have found a solution. With the macro displayed on the fully exposed menu list: Right click an empty area of the menu bar. Select Customize. Click the Commands tab. Select Macros. Drag "Custom Menu Item" to the menu list. Right click and select Delete to delete the new item. Click the macro to be removed select Delete again and the macro is gone! Hope this helps anyone else who has this problem. Gordon Wilmot ...

graying/ungraying menu items not working?
hello, I ahve created a dialog based application.I am dispalying a modeless dialog box from the OnInitDialog() of my parent dialog.After the window is displayed i want the menu item to be grayed and on closing the child modeless dialog i want the menu to be enabled so that i can now open the modeless dialog through menu option.I am trying to use EnableMenuItem() function.But i am not getting its syntax right.First parameter it takes is handle to menu item.For that i am trying to use GetMenu() function but i am not able to nderstand how to use it. please help me how should i d...

Accessing a sub-form sub from a custom right-click menu
I've searched everywhere I could possibly search, with no answer to the following question. Sorry if this has been discussed before, but searching the archives yields no suitable answer. I have a form that has a sub-form. I've created a custom context menu so that right-clicking on a listbox on the subform displays my custom right-click menu. I want to call a sub on the subform, but I have not figured out a way to accomplish this. Of course I need to call the open instance of the form/subform because certain information is only available on the subform object. Is there a w...

Repeat the column titles on each page
Repeat the column titles on each page Hi LAURAO File>PageSetup..Sheet See rows to repeat at top -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "LAURAO" <LAURAO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9F68F8A-9434-4A35-88A2-D9B8BD2B7155@microsoft.com... > Repeat the column titles on each page Hi 'File-Pagesetup-Sheets' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany LAURAO wrote: > Repeat the column titles on each page ...

excel chart options titles tab should allow copy paste in fields
Can't copy and paste in the fields in excel/chart options/titles/fields (ie Chart title etc). Should be allowed to do this. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=55741dd3-67ee-454f-ba47-c70...

Chart User Template Error Bars Reference
When I create a user template as a type of chart it ends up that the reference for the error bar carries over. So whatever graph the template is copied from (say graph/chart 1) those are the error bars saved in the template. So if I use the template to create a new graph I end up with the values for error bars in graph 1. It would be nice if the reference held and not the values, since the set up is the same for all the graphs. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click ...

Scroll Bar missing "Control" tab in "Format Properties" dialog box
Good afternoon, all, I have a scroll bar on a worksheet that, which when I right click and click "Format Control" displays a dialog box with "Size", "Protection", "Properties", "Web" and "Control" tabs, the latter of which allows me to soecify maximum and minimum values and link the scrollbar to a cell to display a value between the min and max, depending on the position of the button within the scrollbar. However, when I create subsequent scrollbars, the "Control" tab is absent. Can anyone enlighten me as to what is ...