Time Stamp on Inbound Mail

Is there a way to time stamp emails when they ARRIVE, vice when they are sent.
Because of our SLA, we have certain timeframes to get work done in and the clock on that starts when they arrive at our facility.  But, since it's time stamped with the time the user/client sent it, we are behind - as sometimes their emails don't arrive within the reasonable amount of time from when they sent it

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. A configuration, a 3rd party software, etc....... We are running Exch 2k3 & OL 2k3

Thanks
Mack
0
anonymous (74722)

Outlook messages do contain a time stamp for the time
they are "Received" as well as they time they
are "Sent".  From your inbox, select the submenu
item "Views|Current Views|Customize Current View..." and
in the "Fields" tab, there are options for "Received" as
well as "Sent" time stamps.

Unfortunately, when you reply or forward a message, only
the "Sent" time stamp is included.  I think you might
have to re-design the custom message form to change that
behavior.

0
anonymous (74722)

Iis it possible web administration of user mail accounts over Internet?
Hi all... I have Exchange Server 2003. I need to bring the service that let a customer to create determined number of mailboxes, but among their authority. Let me illustrate this using an example. I have a customer, named CUST, that wants me to give him a mailhosting service. The contract says that he has 50 MB of space where he can create up to 5 mailboxes. For example, CUST1@XYZ.COM, CUST2@XYZ.COM and so on. This is typical for ISP's where they generally allow the customers to create certain number of mail accounts, but inside some limits of space. Is it possible to do this in ...

Adding Time #4
Is there a way to enter time in cells (e.g. 2h 20m 34s) so that they can be added? I am using Excel 2007 Thanks On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 07:59:46 +0200, "Colin" <duell@webafrica.org.za> wrote: >Is there a way to enter time in cells (e.g. 2h 20m 34s) so that they can be >added? I am using Excel 2007 >Thanks If you just enter them as "2:20:34", Excel will convert them to a time and you can perform arithmetic on them. A B [Formula in B] 1 02:20:34 02:20:34 [=A1] 2 03:15:20 05:35:54 [=B1+A2] 3 01:15:06 06:51:00 [=B2+A3] Many th...

Mails disappearing.
I tried to move a mail to a folder using "Right Click > Move to folder > OK" without selecting any folders. The default selection was "Personal Folder". Noted that this mail had moved from the inbox. But no idea where the mail has gone. Please help to find those mails. Best Regards Same. Then they are probably in the Outlook Today folder. See here how you can retrieve them; www.howto-outlook.com/faq/mailoutlooktoday.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office XP CD slip...

Formulas stop calculating at random times when editing a few spreadsheets.
Greetings, There are few spreadsheets that one of my users works on that have a rather odd error. One in particular is filled with simple addition/subtraction formulas. Quantity/Net Price/Total Price type fields. He uses the spreadsheet daily and is constantly cutting and pasting into and out of it.. so it functions sort of like a calculator. Sometimes he will be cutting and pasting into a field, say the quantity field, but the other fields wont update. I've already reinstalled office 2000, re-applied all service packs/updates both to office and windows, and actually rebuilt his entire ...

250 Pipelining error for outgoing mail
I receive this message when using OL. "Server response '250 Pipelining Account ("my account" SMTP Server smtp.theirserver.com Error Numbe 0x800ccc7d)" I can receive mail from this account but can't send mail. I would appreciate any help. Thanks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Bump. Anybody have any help to give? Thanks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and...

Looking for help on timing within a function
At the facility I work, our associates use a very basic access database to sign out individual work orders on an interval of around every 12 minutes. They have asked if it would be possible to put a timer on the front page of the database to show how long they have been working on the current work order, updating each time they sing out another order. I am not very adept at access nor is the rest of our management staff. Is it possible to add this function, so they can better keep time of their work being done? Use the Form Timer event. Here is an example of how it can be done. In this ex...

Switching to mail program automatically
Forgive me if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find such a post. While working in Word, browsing the Net, doing virtually anything with Outlook open, if mail comes in -- usually spam -- the view automatically switches to Outlook and that message. I am a writer and it is driving me crazy, because I receive a substantial amount of mail. I have virus-scanned, of course (Norton full-time, plus online scans by Panda and BitDefender; all sorts of malware protection) and the system has come up clean. Outlook shows no changes in settings that I might have mistakenly made. I&#...

Time chart analysis
I assisstant manage a theatre in San Diego and i schedule the employees every week. We have a paper version of a shift scheduler that i am trying to convert to a more efficient, digital version through excel. I made a shift designer sheet that i would like to have supply the data for the forecaster. In the forcaster i have each hour divided up into four cells designating the four quarters of the hour. Since we only schedule on the quarter of the hour, this is rather convenient. All the information is already filled out which i did manually. I would like it to be able to take the shift i enter ...

How do I stop the time from spaning over a 1 day period?
I setup an all day event in my calendar it should run from 8 am to 5 pm. The time I have set for my work day. It did do this in the past. Now it spans from 1 AM one day to 1 am then next. How can I get it to stop this. Thank you, Bonnie Its an all day event, not scheduled for 8 -5 and the time zone has changed since it was created. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a w...

Meeting Requests and Leave Mail On Server
If I have our PCs set up to Leave Mail On Server and Remove when Deleted from Delete Items, what happens to meeting request emails? When I click Accept, does outlook basically delete the email and then remove it from the deleted items folder so the email gets removed from the server or do I have to manually do something? I don't want hundreds of meeting request emails sitting out on our server after I accept/decline them. Thanks. ...

Bulk Change E-Mail Display Name
Hi, I have a customer who recently installed OL2k3 and apparently it updated all the display names on her contacts (1500) to Name (e-mail address) - she just wants the Name - not the email address. Is there any way you can bulk change all the display names? Thanks Marek ...

How to forward mail from internalmail to external address?
I have internal is user@mydomain.com and want to forward this address to user@hotmail.com in MS-Exchange2003. How can i do? Ask your Exchange administrator to set up a mail-enabled contact for your hotmail account, and use alternate delivery/delivery options on the user@mydomain.com mailbox to send a copy of all inbound mail to the mail-enabled contact. Mark Thailand wrote: > I have internal is user@mydomain.com and want to forward this address > to user@hotmail.com in MS-Exchange2003. How can i do? Mark Thailand <mark@wctcoltd.com> wrote: > I have internal is user@mydomai...

Mails not appearing in Sent Items
A funny thing has just recently started, items I mail from Excel via some VB code are not appearing in my Sent Items on Outlook. They use to, every time I ran this code previously My default mail program is set to Outlook, 'Save copy of Sent Items' is also checked. I'm running XP Anyone else seen this behaviour? Thanks Hi Sean, You must instruct Outlook to do so. MAPI defines the Fields PR_SENTMAIL_ENTRYID and PR_DELETE_AFTER_SUBMIT on which the sending process is able to instruct Outlook what to do with a message after it has been submitted. You can access those fields n...

How do I build an index without entering one word at a time
In Word 2003, you could create a file with two columns, one with the word in the text that was going to be marked and the other with the index word. Thus you might have 'voting' and 'parliament' under the index word 'democracy'. and this is what you would put in the second column. This facility seems to be missing from Word 2007. I cannot find it in Help at all. Has it been lost or is there still some way of merging a column file with the text to be indexed and marking up in this way? The function still operates the same way, except for how you get the...

Windows Live Mail Won't Respect Junk Mail Settings
I have several pop accounts (gmail, godaddy,random one) in which every new message from an unkown sender goes into the Junk email folder even though I have "No Automatic Filtering" selected in the safety options. Any idea how to fix this or point me to the registry settings that control these settings? Thanks in advance! I had the same proplem. Right-click on one of your accounts (ie gmail). Then click "properties." Then click the IMAP tab. See if you have checked the box to "Store special folders on IMAP server. If checked it seems to cause &quo...

Combine 2 Exchange mail profiles
Dear All Can I combine 2 exchange e-mail profiles togother, so I can brows them at one place without need to alternate between them Thanks for your help a.h In news:1CAF1BF9-F875-48E2-8416-45CDFCD934EE@microsoft.com, ahmad <ahmad@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Dear All > Can I combine 2 exchange e-mail profiles togother, so I can brows > them at one place without need to alternate between them > > Thanks for your help > a.h There's no such thing as an Exchange profile - I presume you mean, Outlook profiles, configured with Exchange. More detail is needed...

CRM 4.0 mail merge recipients list is blank?
I am using CRM 4.0 and it is a big improvement on 3.0. I'm having trouble with the mail merge though in that I select a recipient from the contacts list, click on mail merge and select an organisation template (any of these). I check the data fields and these are tiicked, but when I click OK and get the Mail Merge Recipients window, the list is blank and when I complete the merge, none of the fields are populated? Please help. We are experiencing the same issue, but it is not consistent. My user was working fine, then it stopped working, then it worked, and now it is failing. We h...

Is there a way to schedule a email to send out at a certain time?
I tried delay the mail, but the sent hour is not right. For example, the email should go out at 8am, but the sent time is 5:30pm which should be 8am also. Please help! "Grace" <Grace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1395D87B-2982-4800-8522-165781125E6A@microsoft.com... >I tried delay the mail, but the sent hour is not right. > For example, the email should go out at 8am, but the sent time is 5:30pm > which should be 8am also. Please help! The Sent time and the delivery time are completely separate. The Sent time that people will see w...

Cell formatting in Mail Merge
I have an Excel spreadsheet, showing dates when a succession of different stages are reached for each client in my conveyancing job. All dates are in UK format in Excel. However, when I mail merge in Word using this data source, all dates appear in Word as US format, and any empty cells are populated with 12:00AM. Could you please tell me if this is an Excel problem, and what the solution may be. Debra Dalgleish posted this to a similar question: There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word http://office.mic...

clear entire outbound mail queue
Looks like one of my users's pw got hacked and was being used for spam - How do I clear the entire outbound mail queue? The only way I can see is to select individual remote server names, find all messages, then delete the search results... I don't care about deleting any 'good' outgoing messages... Thanks for your help. Enumerate all message, and you can delete them all without sending an NDR, not sure why you have trouble doing that? J >-----Original Message----- >Looks like one of my users's pw got hacked and was being used for spam - How >do I clear ...

SFO e-mail template
All- Working with Sales for Outlook it is very nice to use the CRM E-mail template. One problem, I currently do note see a way to send an e-mail using this template to leads. This could work, but I would have to promote each Lead to a contact and this won't happen on my watch. Also, is there a way to change the link on the SEND E-mail that exists on the Contacts, Opportunities, and Accounts to link back to this template in Outlook? Thanks much if you can help ...

Using Access to obtain E-mail address
I am working on an Access 2003 database to manage Engineering Change Notices. A form is filled out and upon completion a folder is created and a .SNP file is placed in the folder. When that is complete I am using a button to run an Outlook event that sends an e-mail to the ECN Coordinator. The ECN Coordinator's e-mail address never changes so it is coded. What I need is the Originator's e-mail address to send them a copy. In my database the Originator's address is entered in the ORIGINATOR_EMAIL field. The section that generates the .SNP file sets the varible st...

Mail-merging with an attachment in Outlook 2003
Hi folks! My friend wants to send an e-mail to about 100 people with an attachment. But the last time I used word to mail merge there was no option for an attachment so each e-mail had to have the file attached separately. Can I get around this? Thanks! Carmen you need to use vba or a mail merge utility. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/massmail.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-...

CRM Mail 10-03-03
How to I get the web client ability to send out mail. I have the exchange connector instaled but when i go to send mail from the web based cleint I get an error and will not let me send. Anyone have any Ideas on the crm server look in the registry and tell us that the email server registry entry is should be under something like hkeylocalmachine\softare\microsoft\microsoft crm or something like that "Scott" <scottp@sescoinc.com> wrote in message news:1ead201c38952$6a65b5c0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How to I get the web client ability to send out mail. I > have the exch...