Time based inbox rules

Hi there

I'm trying to create a rule which moves all emails from a
given sender which are more than three days old to another
folder. It doesn't appear to be possible as the date
related rules all use absolute dates. Does anyone know of
an addin or other feature which can do this?

(I thought of auto archive but this only works for all
messages in a folder; I need to move only messages from
specified senders).

Thanks for your help
Matthew Dixon
0
anonymous (74722)

Workflow Rule Issue 02-21-04
Hello I tried creating a simple workflow rule that would email two internal managers when an opportunity was created (using the new opportunity created email template supplied). Unfortunately, when an email is sent, it is sent to the customer (presumably the primary contact of the account) as well. Is there anyway I can stop this? The issue is when I select an email template in workflow manager, it greys out the To: list Thanks for any help! These templates will not work against an internal contact. All you can do is send an email to these interal people saying an oportunity was create...

Time Problem
I have uploaded an ASCII text file to Excel. One of the fields is a 6 digit field for time. When I get it in the spreadsheet, I can not change it to time (154503 - should be 15:45:03). I've tried all the time and custom features but it still won't work or it will give me 00:00:00. Any ideas what I need to do? -- --------------------------------------------- Robert (RJ) Smith T.E.M. Beaumont Police - Sgt. Beaumont Emergency Management - Assist Coord. P.O. Box 3827 Beaumont Tx 77701 409-880-3830 (Off) 409-880-3895 (Fax) www.disaster-research.us "Robert Smith" <sgtsmit...

Summing cells values based on IF formulas
My sheet has cells whose values are determined by the result of an IF formula, eg =IF(LEFT(F20,3)=I$5,$G20,0) I want to have a total of each colum but when I insert a SUM formula it gives a 0 result. I thought it might be something to do with the calculation order but I don't know how to change this. Any ideas how I can get this to work? Thanks, Seamus Seamus, Your 'LEFT(F20,3)' function is returning a text string. If you replace it with 'VALUE(LEFT(F20,3))', the text string will be converted to a numerical value. If you are using Excel 2003, try the Tools\Form...

Sort text field based on specific order
I have an Access DB with a text field that can contain one of 4 words: Daily, Periodic, Seasonal, Other. I want to sort on this field so the query result is in the same order: Daily, Periodic, Seasonal, Other (not alphabetical). Is there a way to make this happen without manually entering a corresponding number in a seperate field and then sorting on the number field? Thanks. well if you used the term zOther ....then it would be just alphabetical... but you can use that sort numerical field and not require that it be manual nor even visible.... add into the 'AfterUpdate' event for...

Time sheet calculations #2
Hi, I have a spreadsheet which needs a little tinkering - We are tracking employee time on site for contracting to a third party. Column C has start time, Column D has end time. Up to now Column E has the following calculation D-C, to give total time.So now I would like to have a calculation in Column E which works out the total time, and displays that time up to the agreed 8 hr day, then the remainder of the time goes in Column F as overtime. Any suggestions ??? Hi, Use this as you column D formula to work out basic hours and note this will also handle time over midnight =3DMIN(8,(D1-...

Outlook 2003 duplicate/triplicate messages in Inbox/Sent Items
I am trying to set up Outlook 2003 as my default email handler in place of Outlook Express 6. I have imported my email address book OK, but when I import my Inbox an Sent Items, I get duplicate messages in Inbox and TRIPLICATE messages in Sent Items. How can I delete these duplicate and triplicate copies? There are several hundred. Was this after one import? If you still have all your items in OE you are better of clearing the items in Outlook and then use Export from within OE. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?...

in rules how can i copy info to another rule?
i want to copy info that i trped to a different rule with the same info You can make a copy of the rule and edit copy. Screenshot: http://slipstick.me/jing/rules.png -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM New Poll: What type of email account is your main account? http://forums...

Calc Prorated Cost based on Specific Days in a Given Month & Year Range
Hello Everyone, I beg your assistance. I posted this last year, and reread this recently. I've come to realize how crappily I described this, and thought I'd give it another go. I have the need to take 2 dates, possibly in different years, and calculate Cost totals between them. The tricky part is that the price is annual, but we prorate it to only the days used. We also need to do the calculation on a daily level as the price for service is Monthly, regardless of how many days are in a month. We do however calculate it down to the day. Confused yet? Let me give an example. This is...

Totaling how many times a specific word is listed in a spreadsheet
I have a very large spreadsheet that list various projects completed and the county in which it was completed for. I need a the total number of projects completed for each county which is always changing. How can I get a total without manually counting? On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:38:02 -0700, "Cindy" <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a very large spreadsheet that list various projects completed and the county in which it was completed for. I need a the total number of projects completed for each county which is always changing. How can I get a total without ...

Server side rule to auto accept meeting request
We are running Exchange 2000 and I need to come up with a solution to a problem that I have been presented with. My company wants a "master" calendar that will contain 'all' meeting requests. What I have done is create a user account called Calendar and configured the Outlook mailbox to accept all meeting requests and process them when they come in. The problen is that this is a Client side rule hence it will only run when the Calendar account is logged in and Outlook is open. I need to come up with an alternative that will allow people to send meeting requests ...

Sorting a form based on query gives error
I have a form based on a table that isn't sorted so I created a query and sorted it. On the form, I have a combo box which populates from the query and I've sorted a field in the in the said query. The combo box control source is AuthorTbl_ID, which is a lookup field to the Author table and stores the Author ID. I can't sort on the Author ID so I've sorted the query I made on the Author LastName. When I get back to the form, I get the error message " You tried to assign the null value to a variable that is not a Variant data type." I've tried to change the ...

day and time convertion
boss now wants me to convert dd:hh:mm:ss into total time eg 02:02:30:59 comes out as 50 hours 30 minutes 59 seconds thanx in advance --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ one way: Format/Cells/Number/Custom [hh]:mm:ss In article <chris.howes.10y8mb@excelforum-nospam.com>, chris.howes <<chris.howes.10y8mb@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > boss now wants me to convert dd:hh:mm:ss into total time eg > > 02:02:30:59 comes out as 50 hours 30 minutes 59 seconds > > thanx in advance > chris.howes wrote: > *boss now wants me to conv...

Vacation Time on Pay Stub
I have been working on converting the process for accruing vacation and sick time from using Payroll to HR. I have changed the setup to HR. set up the accrual codes and assigned them to an employee. I accrued in transactions and the information appears on the attendance summary. But, it is not printing the information on the paycheck. I indicated in the maintenance screen for the employee to print this information on the paycheck. The current process is using the payroll to track this information and print it on the paycheck. on the paystub - where should vaction be pulling from - HR...

Rules
Can anyone help please? When creating a rule to look for specific text in the subject of mail messages, can you get it to look for ALL of the words you enter, instead of any one of the words? Thanks, Rob E. ...

Can time be used as both the x and y variables in scatter plots? #2
Can time be used as both the x variable and the y variable when creating a scatter plot? I want to determine the correlation between the time a company TV commercial is aired versus the time of day that we receive phone calls. My objective is to determine which commercials generate the most calls (we run several different spots per day). I assume I will see clusters of calls around specific commercials. I am entering the times in this format: "10:30", "1:15" etc. Thanks. -J See your other post on this subject. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, P...

Outlook 2007 / Exchange 2007 Inbox sub-folders disappear...
I have several users that create sub-folders under their inbox on the Exchange 2007 server. The users are running Outlook 2007. Sporadically the sub-folders will disappear. We have been unable to retrieve them in any way. We have opened a ticket with Microsoft and after two days of troubleshooting we were told that it must have been "user error". The problem continues to occur and I have seen other posts explaining the same situation. Any ideas? You can use a tool like the MAPI Editor Tool to see if the folders are still in the mailbox. They may still exist but hidden...

Need easy way to remove time from a cell
I have a list of cells that have a date and time in each cell. I nee an easy way to remove the time, but leave the date. For example, th cell may have 12/29/2003 5:39:57 PM. I only want 12/29/2003. When try to format the cell, it looks correct, but the time is still on th formula bar. Any ideas? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way (if your time is stored in A1) =INT(A1) format this result as date -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "penroma >" <<penroma.11qrnv@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:penroma.11qr...

Subtotal
[Excel 2003 user, intermediate to advanced Macro skills] I am working with a document that contains 11,000 items broken down into 1,000 subtotals using the Excel Subtotal function. The first 12 columns contain data and the subtotal at column 12 (L) is a count of the items in that subtotal. There are 21 additional columns to the right which will be used to record information, and each of those columns will need subtotal formulas depending on their data type. For example, the first subtotal contains 20 rows and the Excel generated subtotal formula is SUBTOTAL(3,L2:L21) Columns (S,T,U,AA,AB,...

Undo autocorrect
I'd like to stop Excel from Auto correcting HSA to HAS for only one particular entry, so I don't want to delete it from the autocorrect list. I have seen some posts that suggest using CTRL +Z but that seems to undo the whole entry. Any ideas? Thanks THis is how I will do this - Type HSA and press space bar... HSA will change to HAS... press CTRL-Z, it will change back to HSA... remove space if you don't need it "Darby" wrote: > I'd like to stop Excel from Auto correcting HSA to HAS for only one > particular entry, so I don't want to d...

Multiple emails at one time
HELP!!! When I send any type of an attachment the receipient will receive 200+ of the same email. It's embarrasing. How do I fix this? Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Advanced, uncheck "Break apart messages larger than..." What size attachment are you trying to send? Most providers have a size limit of 5-10 MB. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "Cindy C" wrote in message news:C79D3255-31A2-4224-A382-FCE0143AAE1E@microsoft.com... HELP!!! When I send any type of an attachment the receipient will receive 200+ of the sam...

Format a cell in a range of cells based on value of another cell
In ExceI 2010, I want to highlight those cells in a range of cells which are less than the value of another cell. I have tried several formulas and nothing seems to work. Example formulas applied to the range of cells in K5:K94: =<$G$1 "=<$G$1" ="<$G$1" =<"$G$1" Any help would be appreciated, Barney On 12/07/2011 14:30, Barneypo@gmail.com wrote: > In ExceI 2010, I want to highlight those cells in a range of cells > which are less than the value of another cell. I have tried several > formulas and nothing seems to work. > > Exa...

Pls check the mail once VC++ Dialog Based appliaction for installation
Hai Guys, When you will double click exe file then dialog appeared, In that dialog progress bar, next cancel and back byutton are also there. if we click next then again one more dialog appeared. (This application is know as installation appliaction. in the same way uninstall application is also there. In the control panel Add-Remove programs in that one which application is installated on the system that is updated. How to do this application using VC++/MFC. I Want this dialog based appliaction source code in V++/MFC Thank you. Ramesh We use InstallShield to build ins...

Create server rule
I am intrested in created a rule from the server that will automoatically move messages to a folder based on a certain parameter. Does anyone know how this can be accomplished? I want to avoid touching each computer to create the rule there. You can create an Exchange store event sink to do that. See also the SpamMover application at http://www.ivasoft.biz/spammover.html - it might fit your requirements. -- Regards, Victor Ivanidze, software developer www.ivasoft.biz "Pete" <pvonkleeck@desktopresources.com> ???????/???????? ? ???????? ?????????: news:054201c3d3e7$...

Location of Contacts and Rules & Alerts
I moved my outlook.pst file and found that the Contacts folder and Rules and Alerts information did not come along to the new location. How can I find this information. Thank you You posted no information. Explain what you did. Include your version. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Gary Lindgren" <kate@theconnection.com> wrote in message news:eKnbGGzDGHA.2924@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >I moved my outlook.pst file and found that the Contacts folder and Rules >and Alerts information did not come along to the new location. How can I >find this information. > Th...

Outlook Auto-Reply Rule
I am running Exchange 2k / Outlook 2003 and need to create a rule tha will auto reply to all incoming messages. This rule will need to b run even when Outlook is not open on the client machine and will als need to include the original message. I have been able to create a server side rule on the Outlook 200 Client that will do all but include the original message. Is i possible to do all of the above ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...