tilda file?

This little tilda file "~" appears in various places in my
win2k fs. When I delete it, it reappears some where else.
I can only have one file at a time, even if it's in the
recycle bin. So I'm wondering if it's associated with the
outlook address book, which I've found references for
elsewhere, or if it's something else. The tilda file is
about 640k in size. I just wanna know what it is and if I
really need it.
0
dyerr (1)

I believe this is due to a buggy update in Outlook Express....I think it's a
copy of your address book.

Note:
This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs.
Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different
program, despite its similar name..

You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an
Outlook Express news group.

Try posting in one of these newsgroups:
microsoft.public.internet.outlookexpress.mac for OE for Macintosh

for all the microsoft.public newsgroups).

A good website for information on OE is:
http://www.tomsterdam.com/

qwerty wrote:
> This little tilda file "~" appears in various places in my
> win2k fs. When I delete it, it reappears some where else.
> I can only have one file at a time, even if it's in the
> recycle bin. So I'm wondering if it's associated with the
> outlook address book, which I've found references for
> elsewhere, or if it's something else. The tilda file is
> about 640k in size. I just wanna know what it is and if I
> really need it.

0
lanwench (7567)

outlook pst file "access denide error"
I am trying to load the pst file from one computer to a new one. each time i use the export/import function I get to the point of importing the file to the new computer and I get an access denied message. since I own both machines how do I get my contacts and email to the new computer Thanks Did you move it to a CD? If so, then you need to Save it to your computer somewhere and then Right click on the saved file to bring up the properties. and remove the "Read Only" property attribute. PST files on a CD are READ ONLY. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] <anonymous@discussi...

Import CSV file into Project with Hard Returns
How do I import hard returns into MS Project? I have tried \r\n but that shows up as actual text instead of a line return within the notes column. I assume you are importing to the Notes field? If so, it should read everything between the double quotes denoting the string. -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP for Project Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com "chazparks" <chazparks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54511FC0-AC16-4A11-B8F8-858205CB1D55@microsoft.com... > How do I import hard returns into M...

import .pst file into entourage 2008 no access to pc
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel my pc just broke I have my outlook 2007 file saved in a .pst file, I don't have access to a pc, what I can do to import in entourage? <br> It seems that for mac office the compatibility is essential but not for all!!! On 4/7/10 6:53 PM, ladyelena@officeformac.com wrote: > just broke I have my outlook 2007 file saved in a .pst file, I don't > have access to a pc, what I can do to import in entourage? There are some third party option that can help with that. Check out the options on...

Use Outlook Express can not see the attached file?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C3F161.F02A1F80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="big5" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dear All, I use Exchange 5.5 + SP4 When I use outlook 2000 send a mail with attached file(.TXT) to a = internal user. If the user uses OE+IMAP to read his mail, the mail will not have the = attached file. If he uses Outlook 2000, then he can see the attached file. BUT the = attached file size becomes larger then original. Can anyone tell me why? Thanks in advance! Regards, Arno ------=_NextPart_000_000E_...

Converting and *.eml file into Outlook
Hi there, I have a question that I hope that there is an answer to this. An incoming em-mail arrives and is scanned as a potential spam but in reality it isn't. What has happened is that the spam software has quarantines the e-mail into an "eml" file and normally it can be viewed through Outlook Express. I wish for this file to be viewed through Outlook instead so I can then forward it to the appropriate person who has requested this e-mail. Is there such a way? Thanks in advance and Kindest Regards "Windows XP user" <just.reply@this.newsgroup.org> wr...

Exchange 2003 log files #3
Is it safe to delete the OLD log files in the Exchsrvr\srvrname.log folder and Exchsrvr\mdbdata folder? On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 09:44:02 -0700, "Paula" <Paula@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it safe to delete the OLD log files in the Exchsrvr\srvrname.log folder >and Exchsrvr\mdbdata folder? > The Servername.log dir are the tracking logs, they should be deleted automatically according to the General tab of the server properties in ESM. Do not delete the log files in the mdbdata directory. Run an online full exchange aware backup to purge those. I use CA...

Validating XML file against an XSD schema
I have an XML file i'd like to validate against an XSD schema. I'm creating the XML on the fly in an ASP.NET page and need to validate it aginst the schema to ensure its well formed. How do i do this? Thanks in advance... Simon Ames Hi simon, Why not searching the msdn? i searched for "xml" "validating" "xsd" and found some pages where to find example code using the XmlValidatingReader e.g. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfSystemXmlXmlValidatingReaderClassctorTopic1.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/li...

listbox data from a closed file
i have a listbox in an excel file on my desktop and want to open a excel file C:\A1.xls having found the info on this site i still find difficulties in openin said file can any one point me in the correct direction to go forward ********************************************************** From a closed workbook that is opened and closed again without the use noticing it With the macro below you can fill a ListBox control with input fro another closed workbook. The macro opens the closed workbook without the user noticing it, get the values for the ListBox and closes the source workbook without...

.pst file #4
I am sending a calendar as an attachement (.pst) file throughout my company, but Outlook blocks the attachment as a potentially unsafe attachment. How do I get it to allow it through to the recipients? Can you zip the file and send it? Sherry Anderson wrote: > I am sending a calendar as an attachement (.pst) file > throughout my company, but Outlook blocks the attachment > as a potentially unsafe attachment. How do I get it to > allow it through to the recipients? Hi Sherry, You can rename the file to .ps_. HTH Regards, Harvey Yancey [MSFT] Exchange Client/Server Infr...

can put buttons on same row as File Edit View Insert...?
Thanks for any help. I want to maximize the space I can look at a spreadsheet with Excel, and if possible, I would like to move the few buttons I use (ie trace dependent, font color, etc), on the same row as File Edit View Insert Format Tools Data Window Help. Then I could get one extra row for looking at spreadsheets. Is this possible? Thanks again. Tools|customize|commands tab Find your icons and drag them to the toolbar that you like. If your run out of room, show that dialog again (tools|customize), rightclick on the icon/words you want to change and shorten things up. Ian Elliott w...

minor inconvenience opening file
Using Word 2002 and Word 2007 in W 7. If a file is minimized in Word, and I happen to double click on a different doc file elsewhere, Word will open the new file but will also restore the minimized file forcing me to later re-minimize it. Can Word be made to open the new Word document without also restoring the previously minimized doc? Thanks, Jeff <Jeff@nospam.fake> wrote in message news:u3zhlnk5KHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Using Word 2002 and Word 2007 in W 7. > If a file is minimized in Word, and I happen to double click on a > different doc file ...

DOC. FILE
WHEN I TRY TO OPEN THIS FILE IT SAY; FILE DOESN'T HAVE A PROGRAM ASSOCIATED WITH IT FOR PREFORMING THIS ACTION, CREATE AN ASSOCIATION IN THE FOLDER OPTIONS CONTROL PANEL WHAT DO I DO FOR THIS KIND OF NOTICE?? Hi, Eric - not sure what this has to do with Outlook, but do you have Microsoft Word installed? Go to Windows Explorer, go to tools, folder options, file types - you can associate doc files with Word in there.... Also - please don't type in all caps - it's considered "shouting" and is hard to read. ERIC wrote: > WHEN I TRY TO OPEN THIS FILE IT SAY; > FILE ...

restoring addresses and sent files
Hi, I can not access my old sent files or address book. Before I went through an XP restore, I saved all .pst files (all eight)and copied them successfully back to the Documents and Settings/owner/local settings/application data/microsoft/outlook directory. Here are the file names: 1. archive - 48 KB 2. mailbox - 32 KB 3. Outlook - 106 MB 4. Outlook1 - 103 MB 5. Outlook2 - 109 MB 6. Outlook3 - 32 KB 7. Ted_Home - 69 KB 8. Outlookold - 900 KB When I go to "Tools" and "E-mail accounts" and then click on "Directory and "view or change existing directories ...

How do i convert Lotus *.123 files to excel?
I need to convert lotus *.123 files to excel xp. I can do the older *.wk files, but not these! If you have Lotus 123, save it as an Excel File in Lotus 123. If not, some memebers of the board set this out as a possible solution: http://www.dataviz.com/products/conversionsplus/index.html tj "Matt" wrote: > I need to convert lotus *.123 files to excel xp. I can do the older *.wk > files, but not these! ...

How to serialize multiple DataSets to a single file
I have 10 unique DataSets, and I would like to serialize them to a single file. I assign each of them a sequential name (e.g., DataSet 1, DataSet 2, etc.). The DataSets are comprised entirely of "double" types. I would like to serialize them to the same file, and later retrieve them, perhaps randomly (for example, extract only DataSet 4 from the file). All the information I have read on binary serialization and deserialization assumes that I will serialize each object to its own file. How can I serialize multiple DataSets to single a file, and later deserialize t...

Windows File Sharing On Home Network
I have a Dell Deminsion 3000 and a Dell Inspiron 6400 both running XP home, 2002, with SVP 3. In the past I have been able to share files between the two with no problems. I have tired all of the troubleshooting suggestions from microsoft and other online forums. I have enabled fire sharing and still when I try to access the files from one computer to another I get the same error message " file not accessible. You may not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the admenistrator of this server to find out if you have access permissons. Any suggestions would gre...

Batch file and MFC (Properly Terminating Application)
Greetings, This is continuation of previous post listed under Subject: Batch file and MFC. This is how basically I implemented my MFC based program to mimic batch file execution behavior. But challenge is how to properly terminate it, when user clicks Cancel or Exit button. BOOL CDummyDlg::OnInitDialog() { CDialog::OnInitDialog(); // Set the icon for this dialog. The framework does this automatically // when the application's main window is not a dialog SetIcon(m_hIcon, TRUE); // Set big icon SetIcon(m_hIcon, FALSE); ...

Linking Chart items to files
Anyone got a clue on how to link each stacked bar(or similar) to a different file, so when someone views the file, he can click on the bar, to get a relevant document on his web-browser/similar(pdf, whatever). Any suggestions? You can write event procedures that determine which point was clicked. Within the procedure you need some kind of lookup to see what document should be launched according to the point which was clicked. Here's an article on chart events: http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical...

Can data files for mailmerge be updated?
I have a 4 year old 3.5 disc with addresses that I update each year. Last year I updated using Windows 98, with Office maybe Publisher 2000. Now I am unable to access the info with my Windows XP and Publisher 2003. Is there a way to get to this data, edit it, and make labels in 2005? Thanks Robin from Alaska Copy the list to "My Data" folder in "My Documents." Is it a Publisher list? If it is a .mdb file, Publisher should read it. I think your problem is mainly the floppy disk. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews...

Reading from test.csv file
I have the folowing test.csv file: ENTITY","INTEREST ","AMOUNT " "CSD01"," 1.4567","3,456.1234" "CSD01","456.1234"," 1.4567 " When I open it with excel, the number 3,456.1234 becomes 3,456.12 The number 456.1234 is the same in excel. I do not want to change anything on the excel setting, ie, if one wants to open my test.csv file using his excel, he will not need to do any setting changes, and he still be able to see the entire number. Is there a way to solve it? Thanks, Joe Looks like all he...

Moving .pst MS Outlook files from local PC to home NAS server
I just installed a HP Mediasmart NAS home server at my home. Our storage needs are just getting to vast for each PC to store all our digital assets. Anyhow, I noticed that on my personal PC one of the largest files I have is my Microsoft Outlook 2007 .pst files. It's where MS Outlook stores all my archived emails. I'd like to learn how to MOVE this file to my HOME SERVER and POINT MS Outlook to archive all my .pst files at this location thus freeing up my local PC from these HUGE files. Does anyone know how to do this? "bob sacco" <bobsacco@discussion...

creating a file of particular extension
hello friends, i am using ms access 2003, vb6. i want to create a file of extension ".gms" . how can i do this? how can we create a file of particular extension? thanq ...

search for publisher file
is it possible to find a publisher file when doing a windows search. Yes. I assume you're having difficulties tho. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Pauline" <Pauline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F75DB370-0A6A-4791-A6EC-F61B7C24992D@microsoft.com... > is it possible to find a publisher file when doing a windows search. Pauline wrote: > is it possible to find a publisher file when doing a windows search. If you search for *.pub you will find all Publisher files. If y...

Outlook (always ask before opening this type of file)
we are running outlook on windows 2000 terminal servers with citrix metaframe xp. outlook give you a dialoge box everytime you open an attachment. asking you if you want to open the attachment or save it. every time you take the check mark out of (always ask before opening this type of file) it does not save that setting. anybody know why this setting will not save? Thanks so much!! ...

Want to recover a corrupted file
Does anyone know how to recover (open) a Publisher file which seems to have been corrupted while attempting to save the file? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, What version of Publisher do you have??? -- >-----Original Message----- >What version of Publisher do you have??? > >-- I think it is Publisher 2000. It's on the Church's computer and I don't have access to it at the present time. Thanks, > > >. > Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from Claude Crawshaw <ClaudeT42@aol.com&g...