There was an error reading the rules from the server.

I received the following error when opening Outlook
2000: 'There was an error reading the rules from the
server. The format of the server rules was not
recognized'. I have checked there are no rules set in the
rules wizard. The server is running Exchange 2000. I tried
outlook.exe /cleanrules but no good. I have searched on
the Microsoft site and on here, but can't find any
reference to this error. Has anyone ever come across it
before? How should I take out any server-side rules from
Exchange server itself? I haven't done it before.

Thanks!
1
m_gotanco (2)

There are a couple of tools that may help, one is the cleansweep tool that's
available on the BackOffice resource kit and the other is mdbvu32 as per
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320022 there's a link on this article to
the cleansweep tool
"MEG" <m_gotanco@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I received the following error when opening Outlook
> 2000: 'There was an error reading the rules from the
> server. The format of the server rules was not
> recognized'. I have checked there are no rules set in the
> rules wizard. The server is running Exchange 2000. I tried
> outlook.exe /cleanrules but no good. I have searched on
> the Microsoft site and on here, but can't find any
> reference to this error. Has anyone ever come across it
> before? How should I take out any server-side rules from
> Exchange server itself? I haven't done it before.
>
> Thanks!

printing error handling issue? (when clicking cancel get 2501 error)
I have a report that when it is closed the DoCmd RunCommand acCmdPrint occurs ... but of course if the user clicks cancel, it gives me a 2501 error. How & where do I put code to surpress this error. I would just the close even to run the DoCmd RunCommand acCmdPrint and if cancel is selected just continue to close the report? TIA, _Bigred I understand that I have to do this, I actually don't understand HOW to do it, and where to put code to accomplish this?? 1) What code do I use? 2) Where do I put the code? Thanks, _Bigred "Duane Hookom" <duanehookom@NO_...

Search Error
While searching in outlook 97 i"m getting an error message : The search folder cann't be creatde, the folder allready exists ! and find window closes. Thank's Doron ...

Error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _main referenced in function _mainCRTStartup
I get this while attempting to build an MFC project in VC++ 2003 that was created in VC++ 2002. It builds without a hitch in 2002. The only difference seems to be the new compiler version. I have stepped through every setting of every project and source file. I have recreated the projects from scratch and, in the process, stepped through every setting AGAIN. Always the same: unresolved external symbol _main referenced in function _mainCRTStartup. I've Googled several times on different keywords and cannot find anything that relates to my situation. Does anyone have any idea wh...

publisher installation error
Hi. After having successfully installed Publisher, it won't let me open it. Every time I try, it says that I "have performed an illegal operation and program will be shut down". I have tried re-installing it several times and re-booting my pc, but nothing works. "G" wrote: > Hi. After having successfully installed Publisher, it > won't let me open it. Every time I try, it says that > I "have performed an illegal operation and program will be > shut down". I have tried re-installing it several times > and re-booting my pc, but no...

Error 643 & Error 80070663
Hey, I am trying to update my computer and I tried installing 3 important updates but they keep failing to install....I have tried around 15-20 times but they wont work! -Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System(KB969613) -Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System(KB973704) -Update for Microsoft Silverliught (KB82926) Hello Dustin, See if anything here helps. <http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=913754> You might want to look at the following kb article to see if this will help with the error 80070643. <http://windows.microsoft.com/en...

ERROR TRYING TO PRINT-URGENT
Dear users: I'm getting this error when I try to print a message from my INBOX, why? " An error has ocurred in the script on this page Line 252 Char 1 Error: Permission denied"' I'm the administrator and have total privileges Arturo ...

outlook rules question
is there a way to specify to look for a word in a subject/body from the beginning of a line etc. ppcguy <goahead@hehe.com> wrote: > is there a way to specify to look for > a word in a subject/body from the beginning > of a line etc. No. -- Brian Tillman Yes I use this type of rule on the subject line and it is also available looking for a word in either the subject or the body. First serach for the word plus a space say "Outlook " then specify what action you want and then when you click next specify the exception which in this case wouldd be " Outlook...

Outlook 2003 Rules Confusing
I have a series of rules, some dealing with spam filtering and others dealing with organizing mail to different accounts to go into different inboxes. I'm trying to figure out the ordering of rules because the following is happening. An email comes into account X - Rule says move it to Inbox X The same email contains some words identified as spam mail - Rule says move it to Junk Folder Problem: I end up with two copies of email - one in Junk Folder (correct action) and one in my Inbox X (wrong action). It doesn't seem to matter which rule I have first. I would have thought that...

writer error
Hello, I declare it in a public function inside a class: XmlTextWriter xml_writer=null; xml_writer=new XmlTextWriter(); and get this error: System.Xml.Writer.XmlTextWriter()' is inaccessible due to its protection level Could someone tell me why (in c#) it happens? Thanks a lot! *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! juli jul wrote: > I declare it in a public function inside a class: > XmlTextWriter xml_writer=null; > xml_writer=new XmlTextWriter(); > > and get this error: > > Sy...

Outlook sync error
I have installed Activsync 3.7, and I can connect to my HP 5450 no problem, until I tick the sync with notes box then I get the following OUTLOOK error? "Synchronization cannot be started because you are not able to log on to the network and access information. Restart your desktop computer and synchronize again. If the problem persists, contact your network administrator. I have restarted six times and no change. Please has anyone got any ideas, I am running Windows XP, Office XP and norton internet security. Thanks Shane You might want to post this to microsoft.public.pocketpc.a...

i am having trouble locating my server
i cannot receive my emails. the error report says that it cannot find a server Have you checked with your ISP's help site? Based on your IP address I think you're in Australia. See if the article here helps: http://www.aapt.com.au/support/55.asp "talkeesha" <talkeesha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78072F02-9CAE-485E-A9B8-03E297727716@microsoft.com... >i cannot receive my emails. the error report says that it cannot find a >server ...

save e-mail on server
Everytime I sign on to check my e-mail I have discovered the "advanced" setting to save my e-mail for 60 days on the server is turned off. How do I get this setting to permanently stay activated? Hard to say without any configuration details and what exactly you did where. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Irish Travelor" <Irish Travelor@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Error while installing languega pack, CRM 4.0
Hello, I installed succesfully the german language pack for crm. When I try to activate this languega pack over the Webinterface i get an error. The application log tells me this: Source: MSCRMWebService Description: MUI Provisioning failed. Error: Thread was being aborted. Any ideas? I searched in previous entrys here, but wasn't able to find a solution. Thanks! Regards Rene On the crm database run the following command: Delete from MetadataSchema.LocalizedLabel where CustomizationLevel = 2 NB: make sure you have a backup. And ofcourse this is not supported but should work. -...

SBS 2003, MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store, Error: -1102 Warning
Hi all, I have event warning on the SBS 2003 - MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store. It is only warning but it will nice to have some explanation. Thank you, The log: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Event Category: General Event ID: 1025 Date: 30/03/2005 Time: 3:36:35 p.m. User: N/A Computer: MYSERVER Description: An error occurred on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (MYSERVER)". Function name or description of problem: Restrict/SetSearchCriteria Error: -1102 Warning: fail to apply search optimization to folder (FID 2-45000A) Retrying withou...

Saving copy of e-mail on server
How do I stop saving copies of all my e-mails to my server. It's gettoing jammed. Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >How do I stop saving copies of all my e-mails to my >server. It's gettoing jammed. Thanks! >. > What kind of a server do you use? POP3, Hotmail, MSN, or IMAP? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cent...

Error Msg
We have an server-based Access application we've been using for years. I recently issued a new computer w/XP Pro and Office 2003 including Access. I used the same shortcut switch used for all our users but on this machine I get the following error: Access failed to evaluate one or more expressions because "Enabled" was referenced in an expression. Only functions and properties that are considered to be safe are allowed in expressions when Access runs in sandbox mode. What the hell?! tks, steve You can run anything, if the code has been signed by a developer who has ...

Rule Problem
I'm using Outlook 2003. I've created a rule that will check for a specific email account first then check the Subject and then move it to a specific folder. Example: if it's from blah@blah.com then check if the subject is Blah then move it to folder Blah. The folder that this rule is moving the messages from the inbox to is a folder within another folder. It is creating duplicate messages that end up in the Parent folder & the Sub folder. I don't have move a copy selected in the rule there for it really shouldn't be creating a duplicate message. How do i ge...

Word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error
Hi there, One of my corporate users is experiencing an odd issue producing an error message when attempting to save a Word 2007 document. 1. User has the pre-existing (not new) document open and clicks the save button. 2. In what seems to be a random occurrence, the document will bring up a "Save As" dialog box asking him where to save, as if Word forgot where the document is already saved! Odd thing is, it shows the proper location where the file already exists. 3. User will choose the same location and replace the file. Sometimes it will overwrite and save prope...

Out of office in exchange server 5.5
Hello, Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather than at the client's machine? Because if the client's machine is off, there will not be any replies sent. I am using the internet mail connector in exchange server 5.5. Thank you See reply to your later post in here. leo wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather > than at the client's machine? Because if the client's machine is off, > there will not be any replies sent. I am using the internet mail > connector in exchange server 5.5...

Email Routing Rules
I having some difficulties with email routing in and out of CRM and I'm beginning to wonder if its working as designed and I'm wrongly assuming functionality that does not exist. We are using CRM 4.0 and have selected the email router option, we have not installed the outlook client (yet). If I create an email from within CRM to a client the email is stored in the case and/or client. If the client responds to this email it also ends up in CRM stored under the client and/or case, primarily due to the CRM tracking token. Of course I see this email in my outlook inbox, so I reply...

read in Vlookup an argument that has quotations(")
Hi to every body! Im loking in a vertical look for a buff "N" the problem is that you can not write a quotation marks(") in an argument simply like that, con in the example below what the program is interpreting the quotation after buff as the end of the string and is specting next a coma instead of an N. So the cuestion is I have to look in a column for a word that contents quoutations what do i have to write to look for this argument BUFF "N" =VLOOKUP(" buff "N" ",'[Production Report.xls]1'!$A$1:$J$85,8,FALSE) Thanlks in advance!!...

getting rid of linking errors...
hello every1, I am new to VC++. I have assignement in which i am trying to port VC 6 code to VC 2005. Although I removed some of the common errors, I am getting some linking errors while building the sol'n. These are as follows: LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library USBInfo.lib(USBInfoInterface.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) private: void __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::_Copy(unsigned int)&...

Error upon installing GP 9.0 year-end update
Hello: Yesterday, since a client needed to have the year-end update for GP 9.0, I installed the update which includes service pack 3. I got the following message on all workstations but not the server: "A product on the computer is on a different version than the database version". Since the settings at the server and workstations were the same, per the dynamics.set file, I resolved the error by copying down the server's GP folder to the workstations. Issue resolved. Are there any problems with having a server's GP 9.0 folder residing on the workstations? Thanks! ...

Outlook 2002 needs to close error message
I am a new user and am using in combination with ACT!. Outlook 2002 does two things consistently which slows down my work: 1. 2-3 times an hour I receive the message "Outlook 2002 needs to close" this often happens in the middle of writing an email or saving contacts to ACT! 2. Each time I close out of Outlook it sends an error saying that it needs to restart the session, do I want to send a report? (I've sent dozens.) I end up waiting for the restart and then closing which it does promptly. How do I eliminate these problems, especially #1? Thank you ...

Error posting return from project batch entry
Multiple accounting users are getting the error message "This posting setting has been deleted" when trying to post a return from project batch entry. The same error shows up in multiple companies. Anyone know what causes this error? Just bumping this post as I can't find any other information out there. "Keving" wrote: > Multiple accounting users are getting the error message "This posting setting > has been deleted" when trying to post a return from project batch entry. > The same error shows up in multiple companies. Bump for help... &qu...