There was an error reading the rules from the server.

I received the following error when opening Outlook
2000: 'There was an error reading the rules from the
server. The format of the server rules was not
recognized'. I have checked there are no rules set in the
rules wizard. The server is running Exchange 2000. I tried
outlook.exe /cleanrules but no good. I have searched on
the Microsoft site and on here, but can't find any
reference to this error. Has anyone ever come across it
before? How should I take out any server-side rules from
Exchange server itself? I haven't done it before.

Thanks!
0
m_gotanco (1)

There are a couple of tools that may help, one is the cleansweep tool that's
available on the BackOffice resource kit and the other is mdbvu32 as per
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320022 there's a link on this article to
the cleansweep tool
"MEG" <m_gotanco@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I received the following error when opening Outlook
> 2000: 'There was an error reading the rules from the
> server. The format of the server rules was not
> recognized'. I have checked there are no rules set in the
> rules wizard. The server is running Exchange 2000. I tried
> outlook.exe /cleanrules but no good. I have searched on
> the Microsoft site and on here, but can't find any
> reference to this error. Has anyone ever come across it
> before? How should I take out any server-side rules from
> Exchange server itself? I haven't done it before.
>
> Thanks!

Project Server file versions
In Project Server 2007 is there a way to save off snapshots of a schedule? Currently we check our schedules into Sharepoint, which has file revision history built in, but Project Server 2007 doesn't seem to have a similar capability. I realize I can use baselining to track differences between points in a project history, but let's say for example I make a series of updates to a schedule, publish that project into Project Server, only to find out later that the situation has changed and I need to back out all those changes. How would I get back? I suppose one soluti...

What does this error message mean?
Hello, I gave my old computer to some novice friends, with Outlook Express on it. When trying to send/receive from Outlook Express I get the following dialog: WNetGetUser Returned and Outlook Express can't connect to the ISP. However, by using the Internet icon first and being already connected, Outlook Express sends and receives messages OK. I have checked the account settings I entered but I'm stuck as to why Outlook Express can't actually connect to the ISP itself. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Ex...

2008 Terminal Server on SBS2003 domain
I’m trying to implement a 2008 Terminal Server on an SBS 2003 domain. I found that the connect server wizard did not work. I manually added the 2008 server to the sbs2003 domain. I setup and configured terminal service licensing with no problems I setup all applications with no problems. However, when we started testing from a remote office we receive an error - The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship. Could anyone help with this issue? me wrote: >I’m trying to implement a 2008 Terminal Server on an SBS ...

Outlook 2003
Here's the problem: Every tiem I open Outlook it displays an error message that my Exchange server is unavailable. What I know: I know the Exchange server is up & running without any problems. The desktop computer is on the network and can browse and ping different devices. DNS is resolving names properly. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? ...

Connection to server in outlook
How do I fix the error in outlook 2003 that says "A connection to the server could not be established". Thanks Check your server settings and use the Test Account Settings option. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, sovitj5 asked: | How do I fix the error in outlook 2003 that says "A connection to the | server could not be established". | | Thanks I got th...

Rename crm server
Hello, I have one little question. Is there some problems with crm when I rename computer name of crm server? Thanks a lot Renaming your crm server (stand alone CRM server) should be ok. Besure to update the DNS and any network settings in your environment depending on the previous server name. Your Outlook and Web client also needs to be updated. Worst case scenaro - uninstall/reinstall CRM server keeping existing database. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. www.workopia.com "Fanda Koudel" wrote: > Hello, I have one little question. Is there some problems with crm when I > r...

No Disk in Drive Error
I am using Money 2000, v.8, with Windows XP. For no reason when I try to access the program there is an MSMONEY.EXE message asking to insert a disk in drive D. By clicking the retry or continue button you can get into the program, but keep getting the message when switching from one function to another. I tried to reinstall, but when I insert the disk it just carries me into the program. Any help would be appreciated. Dick Bell You could try copying the CD to your Hard Disk. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh...

error msg to run inbox repair tool
Pointing to ext of .pst file and there are no .pst files in the system. Pointers seem to be off, error is giving me the path is not correct, do I reload Outlook? I cannot determine where the system is looking for the files, nor can I find where I modify the search path. I am currently running Outlook Express w/no problem. Problem seemed to have come up when downloading upgrades. My current ISP says it is Microsoft problem, any suggestions? ...

Error Message #21
Moneyplus 2007 Windows XP IE 7 This is the error message I get when I open money. "Money has detected that you did not close the file 'MSMONEY' before exiting." "Money now needs to verify the information in the file." It then asks me if I want to do this now, I click yes. The next message shows "The email address or password is incorrect please try again." This is a windows live ID that works on MSN. It seems my file is locked. I tried opening on a different computer, the same messages. I tried my back-up files, the same messages. I used the file Dec...

mfc error
Microsoft is reporting an mfc error and I want to know how to delete the problem ...

Read session from module
I created a hhtpModul. If I call aspx page, it works. If I call asp page it doesn't work. I'm using OnAcquireRequestState event and I would like to check if there is active session. But I get an error that ctx.Session is null. Is there any other option to check if session is active? Maybe read sessionID from cookie and check if this ID is active on IIS server? How can I do that? Thank you for your answer. private void OnAcquireRequestState(object sender, EventArgs e) { HttpApplication app = (HttpApplication)sender; HttpContext ctx = ap...

Error message #54
I cannot delete anything from Outlook at all. When I try to delete I get "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." Try this link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;272227 Your pst may be damaged or too large. Mor Microsoft Messaging support 3+ years, frontline TSA1 "JGH" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11a5601c3f575$4bc75800$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I cannot delete anything from Outlook at all. When I try > to delete I get "The messaging interfac...

error #16
Everytime I click on outlook 2003 to start the program I get this message and when I click yes, then it works fine. "Some Functionalbility of outlook connector has been disabled choosing yes will automaticly enable this functionalbility. It is just annoying. thanks gino which connector are you using? -- <stingraymmcm7@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1135709208.782972.146940@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Everytime I click on outlook 2003 to start the program I get this > message and when I click yes, then it works fine. > > "Some Functionalbility of out...

Service Scheduling
We have recently installed CRM in our organisation and I am slowly going through customising each each section to suit our business. I have an issue with Service Activity, whereby when you go in and click schedule it goes through and allows you to select your resource/site details, and then when you click find resource it cannot run scheduling engine. Same issue occurs if you go in and try and create a task/appointment. It appears to be something with Exchange and CRM. However email tracking works and the exchange email router works fine. Just wondering if any body else has experieced this i...

Saving e-mails on server
I am having a problem with my e-mails being saved on the server of my internet provider. When that file is full, I do not receive any e-mails. I have gone onto providers website and deleted the 152 or so messages. One would think that would fix the problem, but no soap. I am told that my Outlook is set up to save these messages to the server? Any thoughts or suggestions? Or if you really do want them on the server because you check your email from multiple PCs, just leave the box checked but then check one of the other boxes for Delete after XX days or Delete when you delete the m...

slow outlook after changed adress of exchange server
after we have migrated accounts from one to another mailserver the outlook2000 clients (after changing te settings) are very slow and sometimes they even hang. I supose there are some cached settings....but can's find them. Who can helpme out. P.S. deleting the profile and making a new one works, but there must be another way.... ...

Why doesn't Windows Live Mail delete read mails
I have Windows Live Mail setup where it should not leave mail on the server but that doesn't matter because Windows Mail seems to ignore that preference. Even though I've read an email I still have to mark them for deletion using Windows Live Mail or Windows Mail. This is also true using other email client software no emails are removed from the servers despite preference settings. I'm sure the same applies to Newsgroups, so I get the feeling I'm reading some of the same headers again. Each email client has to have the 'Leave a copy...' unchec...

SBS2008 Premium
Many apologies, I've probably asked this before, but I don't recall getting a full answer. We've a customer who has purchased SBS2008 Premium. We've used the second server copy to install as a DC at another branch site. We want to use the SQL Server that comes as part of the Premium package to install onto an existing seperate server at the main site which was not part of the SBS2008 Premium package. Are we allowed to do this ? or will it allow us to do this even ? Will the SBS 2008 client CAL's cover this ? They are covering this as part of the SBS2...

I Keep getting error message
Hello, When using Outlook 2002 I get a box popping up on my screen every few minutes saying: "Unable to update public free/busy data. Operation failed" I recently set up a second data file and successfully created a rule to divert emails from a domain name I have to that data file and loaded a bunch of appointments into the calendar of that data file. Is this popup to do with that? Also, I think this may only happen when my Dialup internet connection is connected Thanks See my reply to your earlier post. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address...

Can't find other users on exchange server to share calendar

Is it possible to search client/server rules across the entire dom
Basically my company wants to make sure that nobody has a rule in place that forwards company emails to an external account. Is it possible to search the exchange environment for rules? Thanks, Nick You can (and should, IMO) disable automatic replies and forwards to the Internet, an global setting. How you would do that depends on your version of Exchange, which you didn't bother to disclose. So you are welcome to search Google for "disable automatic replies to Internet Exchange 200x" where "200x" is your version of Exchange. -- Ed Crowley MVP &...

SMTP recieve connector on Edge server
Hello all Testing out Exchange 2007. I have the hub and Edge server on two seperate machines. I have configured a recieve connecotor on the Edge server, so the Edge server can accept emails from the hub, i also have the default send connector that was created whith the edge subscription service. From the Edge server if i telnet to for example a yahoo.com mail server i can send mail just fine. If i send an email using OWA the emails get queued up on the hub server in the edgesync queu. If i telnet from the hub server to the edge server and try and send an email i get "failed ...

How to create this rule?
Background: - Exchange server 2003 - Outlook 2003 A user who is the CEO of the company would like to organize his Inbox as below - whenever an email that Bcc'd or Cc'd to him (in other words, his name is not in the TO box) arrives, move it to a separate folder outside Inbox. BUT, with an exception that if this email is an external email, do not move it. It is very easy to setup this rule without the exception. But with the exception, i am totally stumped. Who can help set it up please? or is it not possible at all? thanks in advance, jack try except if From... and put @ in a...

Internal messages bouncing after server\domain migration
Greetings, Any message created under the old domain bounces on reply because Exchange is trying to use the old AD info to route the message. Is there a way to safely change this? This will be a non-issue after all the old threads are exhausted, but it is a pain to have to readdress everything instead of just hitting reply. And help would be grealty appreciated - Thanks ...

Read Only
I have emailed a spreadsheet. The person receiving it cannot save it because it says "read only". Properties does not have read only clicked. How do I turn it off? Go to File, Save As and drop down the options menu in the upper right corner of the dialouge box. Go to General Options and make sure the read-only box isn't checked. Also, make protection on the sheet and/or workbook is off. "Glenn" wrote: > I have emailed a spreadsheet. The person receiving it cannot save it because > it says "read only". Properties does not have read only cli...