There was an error reading the rules from the server.

I received the following error when opening Outlook
2000: 'There was an error reading the rules from the
server. The format of the server rules was not
recognized'. I have checked there are no rules set in the
rules wizard. The server is running Exchange 2000. I tried
outlook.exe /cleanrules but no good. I have searched on
the Microsoft site and on here, but can't find any
reference to this error. Has anyone ever come across it
before? How should I take out any server-side rules from
Exchange server itself? I haven't done it before.

Thanks!
1
m_gotanco (2)

There are a couple of tools that may help, one is the cleansweep tool that's
available on the BackOffice resource kit and the other is mdbvu32 as per
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320022 there's a link on this article to
the cleansweep tool
"MEG" <m_gotanco@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I received the following error when opening Outlook
> 2000: 'There was an error reading the rules from the
> server. The format of the server rules was not
> recognized'. I have checked there are no rules set in the
> rules wizard. The server is running Exchange 2000. I tried
> outlook.exe /cleanrules but no good. I have searched on
> the Microsoft site and on here, but can't find any
> reference to this error. Has anyone ever come across it
> before? How should I take out any server-side rules from
> Exchange server itself? I haven't done it before.
>
> Thanks!

I keep getting and error on start of Office x.v
I just purchased Office X.v and installed it onto my Mac. I also removed Office Test Drive before installing the full Office X.v, but i didn't empty my trash. So after I installed the full version i keep getting the error "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load Microsoft Framework X library" on all office programs. I read on mactopia that this could be caused by "lock" identities in the microsoft identity file, but all of mine are unlocked. When i tried to empty my trash, it would not empty a few microsoft file because it says they are in use. Framework ...

How do i stop an email being marked as read when i click 'Print'?
Hi There, Whenever i click on an new email (not double click) and click the print icon, it prints a copy of the email but it also marks that email as read, which is what i dont want. I know about the Reading Pane options but the option there is not option for this there. Is there a way for emails not to be marked as read once you print them? Kind regards Liz No, that is not possible with the built-in printing function of Outlook. A printing add-in might show different behavior though. You might want to try their trial first. See; http://www.howto-outlook.com/tag/printi...

MSVCRT.DLL error...
Recently, when starting Outlook 2000, I started getting the message: "OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module MSVCRT.DLL at 0167:7800d4fl." & Outlook quits. I have tried the following: Making sure I had the latest service packs & updates Ran the repair office option from the install disk Completely removed & re-installed Office 2000 Replaced the MSVCRT.DLL file from the Win98 disk Ran the MS Libraries update And am still getting the same results! Can anyone help? Thanks- FYI, I'm running Win98 on a PII 500MHz with 64MB Ram. (I know, it's a dinosaur!) ...

Server backup
Hi, I have a question how to organize backup server for Greate Plains or Greate Plains Basic. I have 2 servers. There is GPB on server1. How to copy and synchronize data that I can easily switch from one server to another, if for example something happened with server1. I have 2 DNS connections on each workstation: GPB (on server1) and GPB Backup (on server2) I've tried to create replication (standard SQL Server feature) from server1 to server2, but have several problems: when something failed on server1 on trigger procedures, I can't recreate it, because replication has created additi...

mailboxes are getting larger on Exchange Server
Dear all, I ve a problem in my exchange server 2003. * The mailboxes are getting larger and although i m delvering the mails to PST files *Many mailboxes shows that they r above the limit "mailbox disabled" .... i m using a quata for the mailboxes. and by browsing the mailbox i dont c any thing in the mail box from the user's side ... the only solution is to expand the its quota then it returns to normale stauts very strange!! Note: I m taking backup every day "the normal backup size was 17 GB after that its 65 GB" *It only took one day to get to the 65...

WMP 11 error C00D1163 (after update KB971513)
Windows Media Player 11 will not play DVDs. I always get error C00D1163 "Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because there is a problem with digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder, and video card. Try installing an updated driver for your video card." DVDs I have owned for years are now impossible to play (so are rentals). I am having the same problem as others in this forum, although my system configuration is different -- which indicates this is a widespread problem. It is an interesting coincidence that my problem started immediately ...

clicking TOOLS/OPTIONS gives me error msg "cannot access dir D:/"
I need to change settings in the TOOLS/OPTIONS menu. But when I click on any tab in the OPTIONS menu it gives me the error message "cannot access dir D:/documents" I may have changed the name of that directory at some point and I suspect that is the problem. However I still need to change settings in the TOOLS/OPTIONS menu. How do I fix it? Hi Lori Close Excel Add this directory D:/documents and try again And try again -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Lori Rossi" <Lori Rossi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34A25E1A-D...

Rule for meeting appointments / invitations?
Here's a new one on me. I'm in yet another contract, this time it's my first at a managerial level. So, moving on up. The new twist here is that I'm receiving all the meeting invitations sent to my boss, a DG. And they're turning out to be quite a few. Since they're just coming to me and I don't need to action them, wanted to set up a rule so that they'd be diverted into a specific folder. Also, would like my own meeting requests to have a rule of their own to go into yet another folder. But, couldn't figure out how to do this via the usual rule ...

Missing Information after server migration to Exch 2003
I'm consulting at a company and they asked me to look at two problems they're having. However I do not know much about Exchange. This all happened before I worked there. As it was explained to me, they had Exchange 2000 running on a server. They got a new server with Exchange 2003. Everything was moved over to the new server. The old server was 'shut down'. Actually, the server is still up (a DC) but Exchange was un-installed. Problem 1: They had delegates set up for their calendars. They're all gone. Nobody can access anybody else information. Is there a way other ...

No rules
No - there are no rules either. This is really odd! I still seel in my folder list under my name all my folders then another title that says Outlook Today with all my folders under it too. ...

Saving Excel workbook in SQL server using c#
Could anyone please help me out as to how we can save the excel workbook in the database and read it back. I was able to convert the text files and image files into binary format and save them to the DB and finally able to retrive them back in the same format. But was unable to do same for the excel object. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, regards, jitender ...

Rule not working
Background: I have a user with two email addresses. His primary address is "joe@domain.com" and he has a second address called "info@domain.com". We are running SBS2003 with Exchange and the user is using Office 11. Goal: He wants all mail that is sent to the info@domain.com address to be forwarded to another user in the same domain. Problem: Sounds easy enough, right? When the Exchange server receives a piece of mail to info@domain.com, it renames the recipient to joe@domain.com thus causing our rule not run. Obviously we can't forward all mail to the o...

Outlook Web Access error
Got this error message when trying to access my mailbox from Outlook Web Access. "Unable to get renderer" This happened on a particular machine but work fine on other machine. Anyone know what going on? ...

Server-side solution for disabling Outlook stationery
We're running an Exchange 2000 mail server, with users accessing their mailboxes via Outlook 2000 or 2002. We'd like to find a way to either disable e-mail stationery use from the server, or prevent outgoing mail from containing stationery, again from the server. Have tried a few ideas so far, with no success. Telling users to stop using stationery is an option we'd like to avoid (we're rather non-confrontational). We prefer to stop it from the back end. Any ideas? Jim Minardo Field Technician IC-2000 ...

Error in code exportin tables to excel
I'm tryin to export a table to excel with the code: Private Sub Command4_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command0_Click Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "F01_UT" DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, F01_UT, "C:\TRY\Tbls", True Exit_Command0_Click: Exit Sub Err_Command0_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_Command0_Click End Sub However, Access displays the message: Compile error : Syntax error What I'm doing wrong? If I want to export more tablas do I have to write more lines (DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpr...

Want COM Server
Hi all from Spain, I usually create a coClass that is instantiated many times, every time you call "coCreateInstance" the aplication class and the coClass constructors are called, so a new object is being created. I wander if it's posible to create a "singleton" COM Object, so that the object is not created every time y call for the interface...the reason is that I need an object that maintain in memory some data only 1 time (because the amount of memory needed). do you know if that could be done? regards, Alberto. IrvingWashington wrote: > Hi all from Spain,...

Fax Server SBS2003 and CRM PRO 3.0
Hi I have 2 server 2003, one is a SBS2003 Standard with exchange and Fax service of Microsoft and one is Windows Server 2003 Standard with SQL 2005 and CRM 3.0. I have this problem ..... how i can send the Fax from the SBS2003 in the CRM 3.0? there is a router for the fax at the same of router for enchange? Thanks ...

Help with
I am currently in the process of migrating exchange 2000 to exchange 2003 on new hardware. I have transfered the RUS role, offline address book role and replicated the public folders ect. and now am beginning to move maiboxes. I noticed 3 very repetive errors in the application event log however. I was wondering if someone could tell me whether these messages are somthing I should be concerned with. See them below. So far I have no user complaints about outlook. Thanks. Event ID: 9320 Source MSExchangeSA Type Warning Description OALGen could not generate full details for some en...

Disabling Unicode Messaging
Apparently Exchange 2003 uses Unicode Messaging which previous versions of Exch did not. Now that we have migrated all of our users from Exch 2000 to 2003 their OST files will not work. We have no need for Unicode messaging so rather than rebuilding all of our User's Outlook Profile we would rather simply "disable" Unicode Messaging on the Exch Server. Does anyone have any idea how to do that? Can it be done once the server is in use and has 150+ mailboxes on it Thanks for any input Michael ...

Sent Mail Error Outlook Express
IN OUTLOOK EXPRESS WHEN I SEND E-MAIL I GET AN OUTLOOK EXPRESS MESSAGE BOX THAT SAYS Some errors occurred while processing the requested tasks. Please review the list of errors below for more details. BUT THERE ARE NO DETAILS. THE EMAILS ARE NOT GOING TO THE SENT MAIL FOLDER. THE EMAILS ARE BEING DELIVERED AND RECEIVED BUT ON MY END THEY REMAIN IN THE OUTBOX AND ARE NOT GOING TO THE SENT MAIL FOLDER. I MUST CLEAR THE OUTLOOK EXPRESS ERROR BOX THEN DRAG THE SENT? MESSAGE OUT OF THE OUTBOX SO IT WON'T BE SENT AGAIN. ALSO YESTERDAY ALL PREVIOUS EMAIL IN THE SENT MAIL FOLDER DI...

Errors after I installed SP4
I installed SP4 to Windows 2000 server. I am running exchange server 5.5. The users cannot access their mailbox. I made all the users administrators to enable access to their mailbox. I cannot create a new mailbox. I get an error when I create a new mailbox. Error: Event Type: Information Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: General Event ID: 5011 Date: 8/31/2004 Time: 2:49:43 PM User: N/A Computer: RCI2 Description: Error You do not have the permissions required to complete the operation. occurred during address generation. Please help me. 1. Verify that the Exchange Service Ac...

VBA type mismatch error
Hello all, The following line is in an Excel function: j = Application.Find(v, Cells(cnt, 1).Value) When watched, v has a value of "s" with type variant/string. cells(cnt,1).value has a value of 2 with a type of variant/double. I assume that the type mismatch occurs because the character "S" can't be found in an integer. How do I get this to work? TIA. Pierre. -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com VBA has its own version of =find(). Take a look at VBAs help for InStr. =find() will return an error if there isn't a match. Dim j...

PLEASE explain xmlDocument on server, but the html transform on client???
If someone could just explain this to me...I just don't get it! I have an aspx page where I retrieve several session variables and use xmlDocument to transform xml file with xsl file into an instruction document (not data based) - same as using an xml web control. The resulting html is on the client? but what about the server side of things? Trying to figure out how to change and save the xmlDocument. It I put a button OUTSIDE of the html transform but inside the aspx page, could I change and save the xmlDoc that way? Sorry to be so dense about this...PLEASE help me out with explanation...

opencurrentdatabase error/help
dears, im opening an access03 database with vb6 like application.opencurrentdatabase("c:/documents and settings/admin/folder/database.mdb",true,"password") application.docmd.open"myform" application.docmd.maximise docmd.maximise included in form open event also in the database kindly help me with (1) after this code runs access opening with small rectangular window(half of screen vertically) even all access databases are opening this way (2) if the above said path changes for the database error 7866 occuring in error event i would like to include some c...

Error importing Quicksell 2000 data
I've followed the instructions exactly as indicated in the help file. When I reach the final step where the actual import is to take place I get the error: Invalid Object Name 'VersionHistory' SELECT TOP 1 Version FROM VersionHistory ORDER BY ID DESC It appears that it's having a problem with the Access database when it tries to retrieve the latest version number of Quicksell 2000 (which is 3.01 on our system) I've used the QS2000 doctor to compact and repair the database, but the problem still exists. Any suggestions are appreciated. If you can ZIP the datab...