There was an error reading the rules from the server.

I received the following error when opening Outlook
2000: 'There was an error reading the rules from the
server. The format of the server rules was not
recognized'. I have checked there are no rules set in the
rules wizard. The server is running Exchange 2000. I tried
outlook.exe /cleanrules but no good. I have searched on
the Microsoft site and on here, but can't find any
reference to this error. Has anyone ever come across it
before? How should I take out any server-side rules from
Exchange server itself? I haven't done it before.

Thanks!
0
m_gotanco (1)

There are a couple of tools that may help, one is the cleansweep tool that's
available on the BackOffice resource kit and the other is mdbvu32 as per
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320022 there's a link on this article to
the cleansweep tool
"MEG" <m_gotanco@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I received the following error when opening Outlook
> 2000: 'There was an error reading the rules from the
> server. The format of the server rules was not
> recognized'. I have checked there are no rules set in the
> rules wizard. The server is running Exchange 2000. I tried
> outlook.exe /cleanrules but no good. I have searched on
> the Microsoft site and on here, but can't find any
> reference to this error. Has anyone ever come across it
> before? How should I take out any server-side rules from
> Exchange server itself? I haven't done it before.
>
> Thanks!

Outlook 2007 error when closing
Hi, Why am I getting this error when closing Outlook 2007. "Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" and it shows a check box "Restart Microsoft Office Outlook". I'm getting below details when clicking "What data does this error report contain?" Error Signature: Appname:outlook.exe Appver: 12.0.6514.5000 AppStamp: 4a89dc70 Modulename: dccmsp32.dll ModVer: 10.0.2009.929 ModStamp: 39d4133c fDebug: 0 Offset: 00005346 Please help. Thanks in ad...

Missing "start application" rule
I have Outlook 2000. When I try to create a new rule, I don't have the "start application" rule option in the list of actions. How do I get it there? Thanks. -- Robert J. Grimes Architect of Computer Systems I found it buried in the rules wizard, but now how do I pass a argument? "Robert J. Grimes" <Robert.Grimes@85021.com> wrote in message news:uy27Om32DHA.2224@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have Outlook 2000. When I try to create a new rule, I don't have the > "start application" rule option in the list of actions. How do I get it > the...

rapid migration tool error
when i use the rapid migration tool to move data from quickbooks 2006 to dynamics gp 10, I get this message: no mapping between account names and security id's was done. How do i fix this?? ...

Toolbar button error?
In Excel 2003 I put a button on a custom toolbar - the button is the 'double bottom border' and is from the Customise-Format selection of buttons. However this button just gives me a single bottom border. I can get double borders in other ways, e.g. from the drop-down borders box, where the identical-looking button does give me a double bottom border. Is this an error, or am I missing something? Thanks, David Wheeler d.r.wheeler@btinternet.com Hi David does the same for me too ... so i think it's broken :( and while this is no help at all to you i'll say it anyway ...

Multithreaded XML reading strategy
Hi all, I have a situation where I have a large XML file that controls various aspects of an ASP.NET web application. Ideally, I'd like to keep a single copy of the XML in memory as an XmlDocument and allow each web request to pull pieces out as XmlNode's using an XPath. Is this thread-safe though? I won't be modifying the XmlDocument, but there will be multiple threads reading XmlNode's from it. Alternatively, is there a better way to keep a single copy of an XML tree in memory and allow multiple threads to read pieces out of it? Thanks in advance, John. Yes, XmlDocumen...

Can I use Rule to move digitally signed messages to separate folder?
Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed messages? Thanks in advance. deko <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder > using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed > messages? I don't see that as a selection criterion in the Rules wizard. -- Brian Tillman ...

visual c++ runtime errors
In many applications when I get a crash it simply creates the drwatsons log file and displays that it has crashed. Sometimes however I get a visual c++ runtime error and they never write out to the watsons log file. Unfortunately its a multithreaded application so almost impossible to track down what is causing the problem without some type of debug log or dump to tell me where it crashed. Is there someway to disable to the visual c++ runtime error box so it can just crash happily? lol Doug ...

Question with local vs. remote (Exchange server) data
Can someone please explain something basic to me about the way Outlook works. I'm a Mac user and not familiar with this thing but now need to figure out how to synchronize it with a PocketPC PDA device. We've got Outlook on our PCs (W2K), connected to an Exchange server. So, I see my calendar and contacts, which I know live on the server. But when I sync my device, it ends up empty. Is there some sort of "local" (to my PC) data that it's using instead of the Exchange server's info? If so, where is it and how do I find it? If I could find it, I could copy the Exchan...

Executing Outlook Rules Programmatically
Hi There, I have a series of rules defined (Exchange Server Side), that I'd like to invoke programmatically. I've found the "Run Rules Now" command that one can add to the toolbar, but this only invokes the dialog to then select the rules to run and the messages to be affected. Can anyone give me some guidance on how to programmatically invoke ALL rules against ALL read messages, which is the particular thing I want to do? Regards, Trevor Andrew ...

Invalid response (0x800ccc60) error in microsoft outlook
Hi all, I am geeting "Invalid response (0x800ccc60) error in microsoft outlook" when I send the mails. Can any one help me why this error occurs. How to solve it? Thanks in advance Pravin hi pravin Have you verified the SMTP address is correct or not the error you have reffered is a SMTP erro. Regards Jassi >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, >I am geeting "Invalid response (0x800ccc60) error in >microsoft outlook" when I send the mails. >Can any one help me why this error occurs. >How to solve it? >Thanks in advance > >Pravin >. >...

Invalid Add-in error message
When I open Outlook 2003, I keep getting the following error message: C:\Documents and Settings\Amanda\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns\outlvba.dll is not a valid Office Add-in. Then I am booted from Outlook. How can I fix this? Try renaming outlvba.dll to outlvba.bak. Go to the add/remove applet in the control panel and perform a detect and repair on Office/Outlook 2003. /neo ps - outlvba.dll normally exists at \Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\ADDINS. I've never seen it under a user profile. "urbangirl" <urbangirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

MS Word 2001(for Mac) Error
Trying to resolve an issue where MS Word give a dialogue box saying that the document is "in use" although there is no other computer with it open. We restarted the computer, disabled our security software (FoolProof) and I have not been able to get the documents in question open. ...

Separate database server for CRM
We have CRM installed accross an application server and a separate database server. We're getting an error when our custom pages try to access a custom database. The error message: "Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection." Everything works fine in the development environment, which unfortunately has everything on one server. >From other information we've found, the issue seems to be that the ASPNet user is not being authenticated on the database server. If we turn on anonymous access and force it to a domain ac...

Complier error
This keeps coming up when im done with any transaction . I have to continue to click on it aprox 5 times brfor it will not pop up on my screen & print me out a reciept. Can someone Please help me fix this problem ????????? Thank you Theresa Have you modified a receipt template or format lately? There is an error that is similar to this that can be caused by invalid XML in the receipt tmeplate, but that typically shows up when you try to apply the template to a format - not when you try to print. Do you have any Add-ins installed? Is there any more to the message - like the name of ...

Error in Data Migration Framework (DMF)
Help..... I am trying to upload 14,000 Account records using the Data Migration Framework, along with 6,000 Contact records. It was easier to use the DMF rather than the bulk import especially with the relationships between the records. I first trialled the DMF migration of these records on the May VPC image supplied by MS and it all worked fine. However now that it is being run in a pre-production environment on full sized servers I am having problems. Approximately half of the account records, and all the contact records have been uploaded successfully. Half of the account recor...

setting up Vista-microsoft mail-getting POP3 server error message
What am I doing wrong? Trying to set up my MSN-Vista-Microsoft e-mail. Get an error message about the POP3 server. I give my incoming and outgoing mail server as POP3 and service provider TWC or Time Warner Cable and the error message comes up. What should I do? Can you help me? On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 19:27:09 -0700, "asilocreo" <asilocreo@microsoft.com> wrote: >What am I doing wrong? >Trying to set up my MSN-Vista-Microsoft e-mail. Get an error message about >the POP3 server. I give my incoming and outgoing mail server as POP3 and >service provider TWC or Ti...

OL2003
In Outlook 2003, I am unable to turn on the Reading Pane for the Drafts folder. Is this by design? Or is there something I am overlooking? Neither the Reading Pane button or menu selections are available when the Drafts folder is selected. Thanks, David By annoying design. I think Chilton preview will work, but it's bottom only. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Ou...

Unknown HRESULT error code
Hello fellow newsgroupies, Does anybody know what the HRESULT error code 0x80041000 means? It is not in "WinError.h" nor does it correspond to "C:\Temp not found" (which it seems to mean in Visual Basic programs) Many thanks in advance, 'Newsgroupie' "Newsgroupie" <buzbymb@yahoo.co.uk> ha scritto nel messaggio news:5d34e73b-21b2-4786-85c7-9f66126ce83d@8g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Does anybody know what the HRESULT error code 0x80041000 means? > > It is not in "WinError.h" nor does it correspond to "C:\Temp not > ...

Template Error
When ever I go into Email Templates or Contract Templates, I get an error that says, "An error has occurred (no kidding). For more information, contact your system administrator (always fun when you're the system admin)." The only options are Try Again (same error occurs) and Go Back. Funny thing is that the Knowledge Base Templates work just fine. Any ideas? A little more information. Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in th...

Authentication Error
Hi, I've been trying to deploy CRM 3, and having a real nightmare. It took quite a few builds to get a fully clean install of it (such as issues with the SQL Reporting Services, etc), but have finally got a clean install of it. We're running CRM 3.0 with SQL Server 2000 SP4 on a Windows 2003 SP1 server - running in a native mode 2003 AD. SQL is running dedicated on the same server as CRM and in Windows Authentication mode. I have a perfectly clean install this time - CRM Services running, SQL no problems, IIS functioning fine as far as I can see, but its the classic! "Authenti...

Publisher 2007 Error, Windows Vista
I have an issue using Publisher 2007 on Windows Vista 32bit. When attempting to print (or print preview) the user interface locks up and my only option is to ctl-alt-del. I cannot switch windows, I cannot bring up task manager. The UI still displays updates (outside of Publisher), but I cannot "use" any of the interface except the Windows Security menu via ctl-alt-del. If I attempt a logout I can force Publisher to stop. This is followed by two logged events: --- 1. Source: Office 12, Event ID 5000 The description for Event ID 5000 from source Microsoft Office 12 cannot be ...

Unexpected VSS error (30218) when restoring database to new instan
I am attempting to restore databases backed up by DPM 2007 to a new test server running the same version of SQL 2005 that the production system runs. After running though the recovery console and selecting the test server and the destination, DPM starts to restore and almost immediately produces an error, "Operation failed because DPM encountered and unexpected VSS error (30218)" Searching on this error I was asked to look at the application logs on the destination server for the issue but could find no issues logged on either the destination or DPM servers. I applie...

Project Server 2007
I have a clean install of PS2007 - SP2 on WSS in a small farm environment - DB server on another box. My installation "mostly" works, however, I am receiving an "unknown error" message when I try to edit the RBS. The item gets checked out and the "unknown error" message appears on the top of the page with only the Cancel button available. I've checked the logs and don't see anything obvious, the event logs on both machines aren't showing anything and I'm fairly stumped. Any insight, ideas, things to try would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in adv...

NEED HELP!!!!!! CRM 3.0 Outlook Client error
I have two users with problem. They frequently are getting asked for their credentials when accessing CRM via their Outlook. The options are not set to have them prompt for their credentials. If when you supply the system with valid credentials, the system again another 5-7 times before throwing an error or let you in. But if the system lets you in, it will ask again when you try to navigate somewhere else. I have added the CRM url to the Intranet sites and have the option to automatically logon for Intranet sites in IE7. Both users are the new version for CRM 3.0 that is com...

Exchange 2003 and a DNS error.
Just migrated from 5.5 to 2003. Using 2000 AD and 2000 DNS. Everything seems to work but I am getting the following Netlogon message in the System Log. Deleted the MX record as noted in one of the KB articles but the error is still being logged. Any ideas? Registration of the DNS record '1e66922d-6db9-450b-92c9-7709b9d24cfe._msdcs.domain.com. 600 IN CNAME mailserver.domain.com.' failed with the following error: DNS RR set that ought to exist, does not exist. ds Can you reference the Event ID of the error as well as the KB article? If I had to guess, sounds like event ...