The Office Assistant could not be started ...

OK this is driving me crazy.    I have tried everything including, repair,
add more VM, updates...   It clears up for a few
times, but always comes back.    This user does have outlook 2003 with
office 2000 on XPpro sp2

What to do

FT

0
Cia1 (8)

You cannot use tools and share info such as Word as email editor with 2 diff
versions of Office. Upgrade to Office 2003 for all components. Versions must
match all thru the suite.

"MSNews" wrote:

> OK this is driving me crazy.    I have tried everything including, repair,
> add more VM, updates...   It clears up for a few
> times, but always comes back.    This user does have outlook 2003 with
> office 2000 on XPpro sp2
>
> What to do
>
> FT

0
Mary1 (682)
4/16/2007 9:40:01 PM
MSNews <Cia@nowhere.org> wrote:

> OK this is driving me crazy.    I have tried everything including,
> repair, add more VM, updates...   It clears up for a few
> times, but always comes back.    This user does have outlook 2003 with
> office 2000 on XPpro sp2

The Office Assistant won't work correctly in a mixed version Office
environment.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
4/17/2007 1:19:59 AM
Can we turn it off??   We dont want it anyway.

> MSNews <Cia@nowhere.org> wrote:
>
>> OK this is driving me crazy.    I have tried everything including,
>> repair, add more VM, updates...   It clears up for a few
>> times, but always comes back.    This user does have outlook 2003 with
>> office 2000 on XPpro sp2
>
> The Office Assistant won't work correctly in a mixed version Office
> environment.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
Cia1 (8)
4/17/2007 3:53:10 PM
MSNews <Cia@nowhere.org> wrote:

> Can we turn it off??   We dont want it anyway.

You should be able to turn it off.  Remove the Office Assistant using the
Change function in Add or Remove Programs for each Office version.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Move Office a New Computer I Just Purchased
I have Office on my computer. It was put on by Microsoft support. I have the Key/license number but do not have a CD. How do I move this to my new computer when I make that purchase? You need to contact MS support and get a copy of the media. "Barry Pershan" <Barry Pershan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61D1465C-A8DB-4BC7-A362-0A20E1FCB31C@microsoft.com... :I have Office on my computer. It was put on by Microsoft support. I have : the Key/license number but do not have a CD. How do I move this to my new : computer when I make that purchase?...

How do I add tabs to the top of Office 2007 products?
I want to add the Developer Tab to the top of all of the Office 2007 products. It should appear after the "View" tab but I don't know how to get it to appear. Office button | Word Options, Popular category: "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon." -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "lmr" <lmr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:393F13C0-7477-4505-92F6-AC626AC4134D@microsoft.com... >I want to add the Developer Tab to the top of all of the Office 2007 > products. It should appear after the "View" tab but I do...

Office 2007: English language pack necessary?
Hi, 3rd time lucky I'm hoping (I've posted this twice - successfully acccording to the system, but neither has shown up). I'm trying to convert my trial into the full program. I'm on the last leg of the process and breing offered an English language pack at $40. Do I need it or not - the page doesn't tell me. I'm assuming that downloading in an English-spreaking country I don't, but what is in it? If I do need it buying later may be more difficult/expensive. Thanks. You are not able to do this. You need to purchase an English version of Office a...

turn off auto back up files in microsoft word office 2000
I use Microsoft office 2000 all word doc. automatically creates a backup. I know i turned this on at some point, but now i can't remember how i did it or how to turn it off. Seemed like a good idea at the time,but it only creates a lot of unnecessary files that do not reflect any changes made to the original so it's useless to me. How do I turn it off?? Tools | Options | Save. But see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/AutomaticSave.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "SeaSouth" &l...

Windows really really slow to start
I have XP sp3, fairly new, (notebook for Christmas) not allot of crap loaded. It has worked fine up until about 2-3 weeks ago. When I turn it on in the morning (cold start) it will load the desktop image, I hear the stupid music, then it sits for over a minute before anything pops up, then it's instant. I can look at the task manager while it's loading and only about 23-25 of a normal 38-40 processes running but no cpu activity so I can't tell whats hanging. I tried to do a system restore but before I did that, I tried the "Diagnostic Startup" in msconfig and that...

Inconsistent Software Installation Office 2003 results via GPO...
Having big issues trying to pushout Office 2003 to everybody. I thought for sure I had it almost all figured out, but now I just tried to push it to a test user, and it doesn't do one important thing it was supposed to do, and did work before... We are migrating from GroupWise to Exchange 2003, so we will have a little bit of overlap. Because of that we have to set the mail profile to prompting, and make sure to keep "Novell Default Settings" profile to be the default profile, or else GroupWise won't work. So I added this little registry key: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Softwa...

Calendar-want it to start ona Sunday
Hi I seem to have an opposite problem to a lot of other people. I want my calendars to start on Sunday but Publisher only lets me start on a Monday. I have searched but all I come up with is people with the opposite problem. I live in Australia and no-one uses a Monday to Sunday calendar here. I have tried changing zones but that doesn't work. Any idea if there is any other way?? Any suggestions appreciated Cheers kerynb@gmail.com wrote: > Hi > I seem to have an opposite problem to a lot of other people. I want my > calendars to start on Sunday but Publisher only lets me start...

How to view standard 40 colour palette in office 7?
In Office 7, word & excel when trying to pick font colour or fill colour i just get themed colours and only 10 standard colours, how can i change so i can pick from the original 40 standard colours available in earlier versions of office? I used to use all of the 40 standard colours and now I can only find 10 i'm really stuck with matching colours. Thanks You want to reduce the 60 choices you have now to 40? Tracy wrote: > In Office 7, word & excel when trying to pick font colour or fill colour i > just get themed colours and only 10 standard colours, how ca...

Information Store will not start
Hi all, I am running a W2K domain - SP4 with Exchange 2000 - SP3. My exchange server is a DC. My problem is when I restart my exchange server, I receive hundreds of Event id's 9074 and the Information store will not start. If I manually restart "remote procedure call (RPC) local" the MS Exchange services will start, but once I reboot, I receive the same problem again. (The original problem started with a reboot) The only thing I would have changed recently was my DNS\WINS servers IP settings were incorrectly pointing at other DNS\WINS servers. I made these servers point at...

Entourage in Office for Mac 2008 features #3
Some of the features I used every day in Office 2004 appear to be gone. How do you save a contact without having to create a new window every time? There used to be a "Save" box at the bottom of the "Create Contact" box. Now you have to click "More", then go back into Address Book, create a new Create Contact window and make 3 steps in what used to be one simple, save and the box re-appeared blank. I just found you can add the "Save and New" icon to the toolbar. In article <ee8a70a.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, Foosh@officeformac.com wrote: >...

Microsoft System attendant Failed to Start
the System Attendant Failed to start after rebooting the=20 server. Here are some of the rrors encountered in the event log. ***** Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess Event Category: Topology=20 Event ID: 2102 Date: 8/9/2004 Time: 3:03:39 PM User: N/A Computer: NKLES Description: Process MAD.EXE (PID=3D348). All Domain Controller Servers=20 in use are not responding:=20 nagase_kl.nagase.com.my=20 nkl_es.nagase.com.my=20 npg_es.nagase.com.my=20 =20 For more information, click=20 http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. ***** Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeD...

Excel 2002 and 2000 co-install. Control Which Starts ?
I have a machine with both Excel XP and Excel 2000 installed. It's a long story but I uninstalled Excel 2000, Installed Excel XP, then needed the excel9.olb to fix a programming issue so I reinstalled Excel 2000. The problem I have now is that Excel 2000 loads by default, whereas I would like to have Excel XP load by default. I've changed the XLS file associations and that works fine, but when I run code to launch Excel it is still launching 2000 instead of Excel XP. Does anyone know of a registry key, etc that controls which version of Excel takes priority when more than ...

Office 2004 language
I use Office 2004 in OS X 10.4.8. The setup (environment) is English but I want to switch to my native language, Japanese. Is this conversion possible? Do I need to get Office 2004 Japanese version? (I am not aware if such version is available, since I bought this package in US and I live in US). I can enter text in Japanese but all other information; menu, help, etc is English. If someone knows about language conversion, please kindly advise. Thank you, There's a tool that comes with Microsoft Office 2004 called Microsoft Language Register, and its location on your hard drive depe...

"Getting Started" box, stop it from showing upon each launch? [XL2003]
Is there any way to do this? I've googled but nothing comes up for this. I'd like that box to show only when I need it, not upon every launch. Thanks! :oD "StargateFan" <IDon'tAcceptSpam@NoJunkMail.com> wrote in message news:8tjo65hirvls4ocvvdt34nigbroqfve79n@4ax.com... > Is there any way to do this? I've googled but nothing comes up for > this. I'd like that box to show only when I need it, not upon every > launch. > > Thanks! :oD > I thought a checkbox on THAT box on my versions past. Tools - settings - program settings ? You ...

Rows().AutoFit starts a calculation, but Columns().AutoFit doesn't
This example copied from the help of the WorkSheet.Calculate event works well: Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() Columns("A:F").AutoFit End Sub But it loops forever when I replace it with: Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() Rows("10:20").AutoFit End Sub It looks like resizing the rows (even rows outside the UsedRange) causes the volatile functions to be calculated, while resizing the columns doesn't. Does it make sense? How can I resize the rows after a calculation? Thanks, Stefano Hi, I can't replicate your problem but this should ...

Upgrade Office 2008 for Mac (Home and Student Edition) to Full version of Office 2008?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi all, I purchased the Home and Student Edition of Office 2008 for Mac about 2 months ago. Now I've discovered that in order to be able to synchronize Entourage with my computer at work I need Exchange support and that this means I need the full version of Office 2008. But I can't figure out how to upgrade. I've done a variety of searches but have turned up nothing. Any suggestions? Also, I am an academic so if at all possible I would like to purchase the upgrade path at the academic discount (if there is o...

Contacts did not import into Office/Word 2008 for Mac
I just installed Office:mac 2008 but my contacts did not import to the new Word. Anyone have a solution for fixing this? On 3/5/08 7:14 PM, in article ee8fea2.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "steppace@officeformac.com" <steppace@officeformac.com> wrote: > I just installed Office:mac 2008 but my contacts did not import to the new > Word. Anyone have a solution for fixing this? Contacts are imported into Entourage's Address Book. -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Bl...

problem when starting Outlook 2010
Hi all, After installing Office 2010 (RTM) I get the following error when trying to run Outlook: 'Cannot start MS Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window' This seems to be a weird problem, as I have read serveral other postings referring to this problem but none of the solutions mentionend seems to be applicable for me. This is what I've tried: - removed office14 per KB928218 - removed leftovers of a 2010Beta installation with a MS tool called 'Windows Installer CleanUp' - removed all mail and data -accounts with 'ControlPanel > Mail' - rem...

Future Resource Hours Being Added to Work Not Started
Is anyone seeing future hours being entered into Project 2007 plans for tasks? Project managers review and accept resources’ tasks hours weekly. But I’m seeing tasks with actual work hours, in them, sometime two months ahead of the project. Our tasks are set to Fixed Duration. The hours that I’m seeing are like .38 .08 . .03. We account hours to the .5 only. Please let me know. Thanks!!! Do you see the hours prior to acceptance, or after they've been imported into your project plan? "Jennifer" wrote: > Is anyone seeing future hours being entered into Pro...

Multiple Users for office

Office Communicator suddenly closes when I switch to an incoming m
I use communicator all the time - if I'm in a conversation and switch focus to another application - when I return, the IM window and communicator shut down. It doesn't matter which application I switch to - sometimes it's another IM window. I can find no consistency. Also - how do I retrieve the conversations that have closed? Sometimes there is information in them that I haven’t recorded. Communicator is a MS product for the Windows OS - you've found your way to the Mac Office forum:) You might want to start with the link below: http://support.microsoft.com/ph/8768 G...

Out of Office message
I have XP and I cannot find where I can set up a message when I'm out of the office. Can someone please help me. To use the Out of Office Assistant, you must be using Outlook and an Exchange server. If you are not on an Exchange server, then you would need to use rules to reply to messages. However, rules will not allow you to distinguish who to send an Out of Office reply to so all spam that you recieve will have the reply sent, letting the spammers know that they have a "live" address. >-----Original Message----- >I have XP and I cannot find where I can s...

MobileAdmin error. Please assist
I am trying get exchange activesync working but nothing seems to be working. I think the network may be too secure to use it but wanted some assistance. First, our setup is one that is hidden from outside like most companies. We use RSA Secureid to access via vpn so we have tokens. They change every minute but once connected your connected... until you disconnect or loose connection. I am not sure how this will work with GPRS. OWA brings you to a page that you first have to authenticate to the RSA RADIUS server and then your taken to OWA. Server Error in '/MobileAdmin' App...

How Backup Office Data Files?
I did a search for this in google groups, but found no answers. My problem. I need to install XP Pro. I have XP HE but I need to do a clean install and this will wipe out the Outlook 2000 personal folders and address book. I can't figure out how to save them. In previous versions of Outlook, I could back-up the personal address book (PAB file) and the personal folders (PST files). And they could be restored. In Outlook 2000 these files now have a Office Data File extension. How do you back them up now? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Roger Raj wrote: > I did a search for...

Product Key and Purchased New Office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I too had the problem with not having a valid product key. I restored an earlier version of Microsoft Office (12.1.9) from Time Machine and purchased a new Office 2008. How do I enter the new product key? I'm afraid of inserting the new disk for fear of losing previous emails, settings, etc. Should I download the SP2 update again, delete the "plist" files recommended and then when setup assistant asks for the product key, enter the new product key from the one I just purchased? Does this newly purchased pro...