The Insert Hyperlink button is grayed

For just one user in our office - seems she's got the same
settings as I do, but she can't use the Insert Hyperlink
option.  She's using Word as her email editor, and using
HTML format.  We've checked the AutoCorrect options in
Word and all are the same as mine.  Any ideas?
0
dpenny (1)

Open XLT as XLS using hyperlink?
Does anyone know of a way to open an XLT file as an XLS? I'm using the hyperlink Excel function to link to XLT files on a network share folder. The problem is clicking the hyperlink opens the XLT file (as read-only). I need it to open an instance instead. Any suggestions? ...

Insert Object
I am attempting to insert a one page Excel worksheet into a Publich 2000 SP-3 document and while doing, the worksheet is truncated at the bottom. As a consequence only the top two thirds of the Excel document appear in my Publisher document. The Excel document will print OK by its self as a single page, but I fear there is some size issue that I don't understand. -- Gordo T ...

can take 30 secs to open hyperlink
I'm noticing that sometimes when I click on a link in Outlook (2003 with all latest updates), it can take up to 30 seconds for IE6 (with all latest updates) to open. During this time, Outlook is frozen and won't react. I know there are solutions around related to the default browser, the default handler for hyperlinks and so on, but this doesn't happen all the time. It's maybe 4 or 5 times a week and when it does happen, it continues to happen until I restart Outlook (not Windows, just Outlook). During this 30 seconds (well, somewhere between 20 and 60 seconds, I never timed ...

hyperlink email challenge
I currently have a workbook that I use to build a new part within my business. It contains about 12 worksheets and each work sheet has 3 email hyperlinks connected to it. Each email hyperlink happens at the end of a specific task, 36 in all. and in each subject line of the hyperlink I have the part number listed. However, when I use this workbook as a template, I want the subject line to of the hyperlink emails to reflect a new part number for the new workbook. I would love to do a mass find and replace, but it doesn't work in the hyperlink - what can I do? thanks for any help....

Is there a free toolbar button library available anywhere
I am looking for a cataloged of typically 15x16 images for use on toolbars. Does a free public collection of these exist? http://www.glyfx.com/ has free icon set for basic commands. There are quite a lot of free icons libraries in Inet, but none of them provide professional looking icons for serious applications. If you are looking for various 'childish' (imho) icons, check these: http://www.iheartny.com/xicons/ http://www.iconfactory.com/show.asp http://www.tss2000.nl/site_pages/index.php?CV=1 http://www.tss2000.nl/site_pages/index.php?CV=1 http://www.foood.net/ For business use, y...

OLEObject Button Caption
I have an OLEOBject with a button in it. How can I change the caption of this in VBA? activesheet.oleobjects("CommandButton1").object.caption="Bob" -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "June" <jj@ron.com> wrote in message news:uyNPpprBFHA.1408@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have an OLEOBject with a button in it. How can I change the caption of > this in VBA? > > Bob Thanks again for the response. My issue goes a little further in that the caption that I want to change is a button within the OLEObject. E...

How to see the count of rows (above the Windows Start button) when doing an autofilter
One of my coworkers can see a count of rows (directly above the WIndows Start button) whenever they a filter on a table that has been autofiltered. So for example, if they filter on Column A for the name Jeff, and there are three Jeffs in the list, they will see Count = 3, when they filter on Jeff. Does anyone know how I can turn that feature on? Thanks. See Debra Dalgleish's site for explanation and workarounds. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlautofilter02.html#Count Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 14:20:53 -0700 (PDT), Dave K <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> wrote: &g...

cut and delete a row then insert and copy
I have now moved to Excel 2007. One function I use a lot is cutting a row and inserting it in another location. Previously I highlighted the row and cut, this would not only take the contents into the buffer but also delete the row. I would then highlight a new row and select insert. This would create a new row and copy the contents of the buffer into that row. In excel 2007 when I do this not only does it not delete the row but it doesn't create a new row when I insert. Hi It sounds as though you are using Cut>paste instead of Cut>Insert Cut cells. That is the method in XL...

Reference changes when I insert new columns in the source sheet
I have absolute references set up to access data from a different sheet in the same workbook. When I insert new columns in the data source sheet, the absolute reference change to reflect the movement of the columns. I don't want them to do that. How do I keep the absolute references absolute. You can use an INDIRECT function to give you the range, and as it is a string within the function then it will not change when rows are inserted. Hope this helps. Pete On Mar 24, 3:23=A0pm, John Bare <John B...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have absolute refe...

Forms Buttons for use with macro
Bear with me - haven't been on newsgroups in a while. Win 2003 XP PC Colleague is putting buttons (with macros) into a spreadsheet but would like to color them. I can't see where you could. Or can they? Tnx Pat Tell your colleague to use the command button from the Control toolbox toolbar. Rightclick on it in design mode and show its properties. Change the .backcolor. Or tell him/her to use a shape from the drawing toolbar and color it anyway he/she wants. "Ms. Tude" wrote: > > Bear with me - haven't been on newsgroups in a while. > > Win 2003 XP ...

Removing hyperlinks in bulk
A worksheet I prepared contains a lot of hyperlinks. (I pasted some cells in from a web site.) I can see how to remove each one individually with R-click > Hyperlink > Remove Hyperlink. But so far haven't found a way to do it for an entire column, or the whole sheet. Working with the sheet is awkward, as I often inadvertently open a link in my browser when all I want to do is copy the text in that cell. -- Terry, West Sussex, UK Select any blank cell and "Copy" it. Then select all of your hyperlinks that you want to replace (or columns, or worksheet). Then select &qu...

Can't find the 'SEND' button for emails in OUTLOOK%3f
Please can you tell me how to find the 'send' button or tab to send an e-mail. I have looked in options and more buttons but cannot find it. I am a new user. Val Do you see any menu buttons at all? Click on View and scroll to toolbars, check that you can see standard toolbars. You can also click on File then Send. -- K. Orland Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destiny "valjackulis@aol.com" wrote: > Please can you tell me how to find the 'send' button or tab ...

Hyperlink ?!?
Is there a way to establish a hyperlink from one workbook to another? Example: click on cell A1 in workbook 2 and have it take you to F4 workbook 1 Help Appreciated, Travelersway -- travelersway ------------------------------------------------------------------------ travelersway's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17623 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=516709 Hi travelersway Right click on a cell and choose Hyperlink Use "Place in the document" and select the sheet you want and type the cell addr...

inserting a row
I would like to have the rows insert automatically when my spreadsheet is full and push down my row that has my totals. Is this possible? I know how to insert manually, but my boss would like me to set up some documents so that he doesn't have to insert or scroll down. Easiest to put the totals at the top. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "erin m" <erin m@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:359ABD8C-1A56-4679-B82B-4B4094BE75A1@microsoft.com... > I would like to have the rows insert automatically when my spreadsheet is > full and ...

Change Button Color.
I have a push button, can I change the button color when it's been pushed? Thanks. You will need to owner draw it in MFC. There are several examples of doing this at codeguru and codeproject. Take a look at those. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Frank E Rogers" <syang@pelco.com> wrote in message news:eG$OPRMLEHA.2736@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I have a push button, can I change the button color when it's been pushed? > Thanks. > > ...

Hyperlink from Excel to Word bookmark doesn't work when doc already open
(Office 2002, Windows XP Pro SP1) I have set up an Excel worksheet with hyperlinks to various bookmarks in Word documents. Basically, the spreadsheet is acting like a top-level view of a project or a "roadmap", and the hyperlinks link to actual topics of interest in whatever Word document they exist in. The hyperlinks are of the form "Subfolder/DocumentName.doc#bookmark". The first time I click the hyperlink from Excel, it works fine -- takes me right to correct place in the document. If I leave the document open, then go back to Excel and click a hyperlink to a differ...

problems with hyperlinks to Xcel docs
I've gad sp2 installed recently and discovered that since: 1 - Hyperlinks to other Excel workbooks do not work, 2 - links to other office docs do work. I tried different method: Shift-Click or Ctrl-CLick but not luck so far. Any idea? Many TIA Joseph ...

insert multiples records
I have a recordset with 1500 records (Not a Table) and I want to insert it into a a table, but if I use docmd or excecute it late more then 30 secs. I want to do this: Insert into Tabla ( field1, field2, field3, field4) values (value11,value12,value13,value14) , (value21,value22,value23,value24) , (value31,value32,value33,value34) I can do it on MySql, but not in acces. How can I do this with access? You have to use 3 separate commands in Access: Insert into Tabla ( field1, field2, field3, field4) values (value11,value12,value13,value14) Insert into Tabla ( field1, field2, field3,...

How do you insert links and photos to email signatures?
How do you insert links and photos to email signatures? That would depend on your Outlook version. For more info about creating signatures in Outlook see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/signatures.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "jtrego" <jtrego@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27EB53BE-2E17-4CB5-8071-4A8B2C9A826E@microsoft.com... >...

To insert the value from the tab...
I know in order the insert a value from another cell we type =(the cell number). What if I want the value from the tab (by default, they is sheet 1, sheet 2,....). for example, If i rename the tab as 123, and i want my sheet 1 cell A1 to have the tab value (hence 123), what should i do? Take a look here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/formulae/cell_function.html In article <814957D5-2DDF-434A-AA99-FE8A9DAAAA55@microsoft.com>, ash <ash@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I know in order the insert a value from another cell we type =(the cell > number). > >...

EXCEL2002: Insert row with all formulas from row above
Hello, is there any way to insert a row with all formulas from the row above? Thanks and greetings Udo See David McRitchie'w InsrtRow: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm In article <6e872a06-4b1a-4a0e-af5e-16277744d1c5@e23g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, Udo <WeikEngOff@aol.com> wrote: > Hello, > > is there any way to insert a row with all formulas from the row above? > > > Thanks and greetings > Udo ...

What is the best way to insert a time and date that will update ..
What is the best way to insert a time and date that will update in Excel? Hi, See: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html "dmw01va" wrote: > What is the best way to insert a time and date that will update in Excel? In article <AE5236AA-988F-4613-9961-64C2AA6BEF02@microsoft.com>, "dmw01va" <dmw01va@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What is the best way to insert a time and date that will update in Excel? =NOW() Hope this helps! Hi =NOW() will display the time & date (depending on formatting - format / cells) and this will be updated...

search button - msgbox on error
I have a search button that prompts for info, then opens a form based on criteria entered. If there are no records to be found based on that criteria, I want the form to NOT open, and a msgbox to display instead. I would prefer that I do this as a macro vs. vba since I'm not familiar with vba just yet...if possible. Also, I am not getting email notifications of replies, even after I choose 'Notify me of replies'... can I have replies sent directly to my email or do I have to go through here? If you can email me directly... ttumastermind@hotmail.com Thank yo...

Missing Maximise/minimise/close buttons
I have been using Windows Live Mail for over a year and am very happy with it. However, I have suddenly lost the Maximise/Minimise/Close buttons when I open an email or when I write an email! The buttons are visible when I open Windows Live Mail, but when I write a "New" email or I open a received email, they are not in their normal location of top right. I have repaired my Live Mail installation but this has not fixed the problem. Would be grateful for any help in this matter. -- dgo47 Left click on the title bar and drag to the left. -- Ron Sommer MS M...

hyperlink problem
OS is Windows XP Home. I recently switched from AOL to Comcast cable and am using Outlook Express as my e-mail client. When I get an email with a hyperlink, I cannot click on that hyperlink and go directly to the website. I can do nothing but write it down on a piece of paper and go into explorer and type it and go that way. I cannot cut and paste - it won't let me! I have reloaded IE6 with the SP1 updates and am getting the same problem. Any suggestions on what else I can try? Thanks, Sam You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens After You Click a Link: h...