The dreaded 0x8004210 error

Am running Outlook 2002 with XP Professional, on cable internet
connection.  After several months, suddenly started receiving timeout
messages, with the 0x8004210a and 0x8004210b errors.

Have looked at all previous postings, and tried the recommendations,
to no avail.  Have disabled McAfee, have applied all available updates
to Office 2002 and XP.

I encounter the same problem with Outlook Express and Eudora.  But if
I connect my old computer up to the internet connection, it works
fine.

Has anyone out there successfully defeated this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Steve H
0
shorekat (1)

Hi, Steve. A lot of folks have this problem courtesy of their
anti-virus and firewall protection. I thought I had a resolution to
this courtesy of Symantec, but the problem has recently cropped up
again. Please see post
news:1102612376.393361.309860@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com. I will add
a follow-up assuming I figure out what did it this time. The old
resolution may help you to immediately get over this.

0
Steve1615 (5)

Error on default installation
Hi there. First of all let me explain that working with MS CRM is new for me and my first time. I've just installed the default MS CRM database and created the 6 users, etc. I am now trying to create a new email/lead/topic/etc. When doing that I get an error ======================================================= Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (crmFormSubmitXml="<emailactivity><acti..."). Description: Req...

Error msg when uninstalling the ADC
I have almost completely migrated over from exchange 5.5 to a new ES 2003. I have migrated all mailboxes and have deleted the exchange 5.5 form the site. I am now trying to uninstall the Active Directory Connector. There were 2 connection agreements left in the ADC. They were "Public Folders" and "Users". I have deleted these 2 connections agreements left in the ADC and forced a "start replicate now" Then when I try and uninstall the ADC I am still getting an error: Cannot uninstall Active Directory connector. I get an error that says "Setup is una...

General question re Error Handling
hello experts This is just a general question for my own education. I've dabbled in a fair amount of Access VBA in the past, but have just started learning about Excel VBA. In Access, we would use Error Handling in almost every sub, but In Excel, error Handling seems to be the exception rather than the rule. I can't even find much about it in the Excel VBA help, and there are relatively few references to it in this forum. What gives? Just Curious Terry W. Terry, I use it all the time. My favorite approach is: Public Const bDebug as boolean = true or false (de...

remove errors
one of my row output contains some output values and some erros.I want to consolidate that row values without error values.I used iserror function but results are more are less same output values and blank value and output vales.To get in another row only output values whats the formula.suppose b1:b6 range contains data1,error,data2,error,error,data3,Iwant in another row serially in c1:c3 data1,data2,data3. In C1 =IF(ISERROR(B1),"",B1) and copy across. This will substitute a blank for an error. -- Gary's Student "TUNGANA KURMA RAJU" wrote: > one of my...

Exchange SSL Error
When attempting to view properties on public folders I get the following err: Exchange System Manager The SSL certificate server name is incorrect. ID no: c103b404 Exchange System Manager I've looked at article Q324345 and made the suggested changes but the error message still comes back. Can anyone out there please help? Thanks Peter ...

'OR' formula error
I have this formula that produces an error in a column: =IF(OR((ROUND(N3,2)=ROUND(H3,2)), TRIM(H3)="$-"),"OK","ERROR!") Columns H and N are both currency. If they're equal it's supposed to display ok. If there is no value in H it's also supposed to show ok, otherwise create an error. The auditing steps look like this: =IF(OR((26.8=ROUND("$- ",2)), TRIM(H3)="$-"),"OK","ERROR!") =IF(OR((26.8=#VALUE!), TRIM(H3)="$-"),"OK","ERROR!") =IF(OR((#VALUE!), TRIM(H3)="$-"),"OK&q...

0xD0000005 Error during XP/SP2 Installation
During the clean up phase I got this error mesage 0xD0000005. It was during the cleanup phase and it stated that my XP system is unusable. As of this minute I am able to start my IE, get my outlook express emails. System LOOKS OK to me! Was unable to find out what the message means. Some websites SEEM to indicate its registry errors and offers cures for the problem. I am leery about using any of those! Since it also said that the system is unusable I am not too sure I want to shut it down until I get a clear resolution. Any help is appreciated...... I did no SP2 or ...

Error opening excel!!...help needed.
A colleague is having a problem opening a particular excel file. She gets the following error message: Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created. It is only happening with this file and she is able to open all other excel files successfully. Any ides as to why this is happening and more importantly is there a way that we can recover the file? Chip Pearson has some notes to help diagnose startup problems at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/StartupErrors.htm A couple of guesses. 1. Clean up the win...

window.parent.Frames['MyFrame'].document returns error in CRM
Hi All, I need a little help here. I have an application which needs to be integrated with Microsoft Dynamics CRM. I have a page in which i have two frames. The frame on the LHS(MyFrame) of the screen contains my application page and the RHS is the CRM page. I have added a button in the CRM page onclick of which i call a function. In this function i try to access a resource in MyFrame. When i do an alert on window.parent.Frames['MyFrame'], it returns an object. But when i try window.parent.Frames['MyFrame'].document there is an error. How can i access an element in my applicat...

gp 10 bp error
Hi, I�m having the following error in Business Portal 10. I get it when trying to create a purchase order for an approved requisition that has non-inventoried items. It works fine with inventoried items. The error is the following: "business portal - requisition management Purchase Order Failure Error in the application. message object reference not set to an instance of an object." any idea on how to resolve this? Thank you Eduardo ...

Customize Exchange error Message
My users sometimes get a error message similar to: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: user@somewhere.com on 5/23/2005 1:27 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <myserver.mydomain.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@somewhere.com> In all cases where we have researched this error, the error was on the recipients mail server or the internet connection between my server and the recipient was not working properly. Is there a way to customize this error message... to alert my use...

Bus error
When loading word from dock on MBP OSX 10.6.3 get bus error. Open by clicking on word doc - no error. Also opening from cmd line with doc no error. Same with excel ...

font error's
I reinstalled office 2004 and when I start up the message comes " the font xxx is corrupted and needs to be removed". I reinstalled office from the disk but this does not seem to be the problem. iMV <vooijs@niob.knaw.nl> wrote: > I reinstalled office 2004 and when I start up the message comes " the > font xxx is corrupted and needs to be removed". > I reinstalled office from the disk but this does not seem to be the > problem. Nope, you need to find the font you see in the error message and replace it with a clean copy. It could be that the Office fon...

When mail merge, I get this error, Pubmerge "out of memory"
I am trying to mail merge and I get the error Pubmerge "out of memory" I am using publisher 97 and Excel 2002 Save the data as a CSV (comma delimited), could be a solution. Are your MDAC components current? PUB97: How to Obtain Publisher 97 Knowledge Base HTML Help File http://support.microsoft.com/kb/185798/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "r5j4g" <r5j4g@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC339DE0-5122-4FBB-AD03-C6941B3E22A0@microsoft.com... >I am trying to mail me...

custom error
How do you display an error message to a text box. The error message will have text that I define. Thanks A sample for you to try. "Me.Text0" is the textbox to display the description and error number. Private Sub Form_Load() On Error GoTo ErrorLoad Err.Raise 5, , "Test Message" ErrorExit: Err = 0 'reset error Exit Sub ErrorLoad: Me.Text0 = Err.Number & " - " & Err.Description Resume ErrorExit End Sub Matt Roell wrote: >How do you display an error message to a text box. The error message will >...

Macro Help... why does this error out?
This macro exports some info from excel to notepad... it'll right about 4 records successfully then it'll give me a "Run-time error'5': Inavalid procedure call or arguement" on the line of code that reads "CellText = ..Text & Space(ColWidth - Len(.Text))" If someone has some spare time or is bored please take a look and see what i have to do to fix this problem. Function WriteFile(delimiter As String, quotes As Integer) As String ' dimension variables to be used in this function. Dim CurFile As String Dim SaveFileName Dim CellText As String Di...

error message #76
I keep receiving an error message when I try to open a JPG file in Outlook 2000 that says "The system cannot find the path specified." These files used to open in Netscape but I got rid of Netscape to use Internet Explorer but now I can't just double click on it to open it. Any suggestions where I need to change a setting to make it work? Thanks Tracy <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I keep receiving an error message when I try to open a JPG > file in Outlook 2000 that says "The system cannot find the > path specified." These files...

CRM installation stoped with error msi cannot be installed
Hi I was trying to install CRM server on 2003 mechine . MSMQ,Indexing service, IIS, SQL2000 with SP3 are all installed. all the above services are running. But when i install crm stops reporting msi cannot install error 80004005 . i checked the event log and there it says APS server cannot be started or contacted odbc error. i belive Cristal report services are getting installed but cannot be accessed. Did any one come across such a problum. Is it authentacation problem. i dont have a password on my windows admin account but i have a passoword for sa account in sql server . please ...

Run Time Error 7
I have been using Excel for a long time now , but today I just received an error message when trying to open any Excel file I have.... I t get an Visual Memory Basic box that pops up and it says "Run-Time Error 7 - Out of Memory".... I don't quite jknow what this means can anyone help???? I am not running any other program at the time and only want to run Excel...My OS is Win XP...... Any ideas on this, let me know...... ...

runtime error 91 timeout
When processing transactions in Store Operations POS, we are getting a runtime error 91 - timeout message - happens sporadically. It shuts down Store Ops POS and loses the transaction. Has anyone seen this before? Sounds kind of like the connection to the database is timing out...maybe?? Is your database on the same machine, or is it on another machine? Anything common about the times when it has occurred? eg the computer been on standby then woken up, or it had been sitting idle for a long time...anything you can think of... "Greg Williams" wrote: > When processing...

Error with imports and manual transaction entering.
When i tried imported a bank statement today money would now show the transactions but has the (* new) transactions next to the account even tho the actual transaction does not show. After this failed import i cannot enter transactions in manually either. It says an error has occurred so i try again and it puts the transaction in but the value is wildly off (10-100 times the value i entered). I restored a backup from yesterday and the manual transaction methods works correctly now but once i try importing a bank statement it corrupts the Money program again. Please help? I enter transa...

OMA
Dear all, My cell phone is Motorola A768i, the browser is Motorola browser v2.2. I try to access my Exchange 2003 OMA, and I can connect, can login, and can click inbox. But when I try to send an email, it will show the error message: 500 Internal Server Error I have already setup all cell phone support on Exchange 2003, but this error message still occurred. Does anyone have same problem like me? Many thanks for your reply! Hi, I solve my problem! Don't setup signature ":" in ISA, then OMA can work! "David" <David@idle.com.tw.nospam> ��...

Money 2002 Error 1606 after XP SP2
Just installed SP2 on XP Pro. Now I get error 1606 every time I load Money 2002. I can get rid of the error message by clicking cancel several times. How can I fix this? In microsoft.public.money, Blackstone wrote: >Just installed SP2 on XP Pro. Now I get error 1606 every >time I load Money 2002. I can get rid of the error >message by clicking cancel several times. How can I fix >this? See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315352 helps. I get the same problem. When ever I start up my computer, I get an error message about Money 2002 not...

Error Code 0x643
I just ran a manual Microsoft Update and all the high priority updates were successful. However, two "Software, Optional" updates failed. They are the following: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB976569) - Error Code: 0x643 Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB976570) - Error Code: 0x643 Looking back through my Automatic Update history, it appears these two updates failed a number of time previously too. My operating environment is: Wi...

Error on Internet Mail Wizard
I am trying to set up our (only) Exchange server to actually be our mail server. When I go throught the Internet Mail Wizard to set it up I get an error on stating that the selected server cannot be a brdgehead server. Do any of you have any ideas of what this error is? Randy =?Utf-8?B?UmFuZGFkZHl6?= <Randaddyz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:11D5D1E0-F546-42EA-893C-47FAB4D27F9C@microsoft.com: > I am trying to set up our (only) Exchange server to actually be our > mail server. When I go throught the Internet Mail Wizard to set it up > I get an error on stating th...