Text really small when I reply to email & calendar not accepting input

I have Office 2003 and all of a sudden when I reply to an email the text
on the reply displays as really small.  So small that I can't red it and
it is also grey in colour.  The text size is actually the same when I
highlight it and check the size and also if I send the email  But on my
screen it is tiny.  This has started happening all of a sudeen and
follows the problem that I have suddenly started having where I can'
tadd data in to the calendar.  I type an appoinment but nothing appears
in the calendar.  I have tried resetting the forms cache and all the
other switches but I still get the same problems.  Do I have some major
virus that is gradually attacking my copy of outlook?  I have tried
uninstalling Office and re installing it but that hasn't worked either.
Surely I must be able to start a completely new installation of Office
and not have these problems.  Do I need to delete it from the Registry?
Please help me as this is really beginning to get me down and I don't
know what else to try.

--
Stratman

on the font - the size is normal (10 - 12 pt) when you select it and check
the size but it tiny onscreen? Check the zoon settings.

on the calendar - do you sync with a pda-like device? do you see the
appointment in the By Category view?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Stratman" <Stratman.384a44e@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> I have Office 2003 and all of a sudden when I reply to an email the text
> on the reply displays as really small.  So small that I can't red it and
> it is also grey in colour.  The text size is actually the same when I
> highlight it and check the size and also if I send the email  But on my
> screen it is tiny.  This has started happening all of a sudeen and
> follows the problem that I have suddenly started having where I can'
> tadd data in to the calendar.  I type an appoinment but nothing appears
> in the calendar.  I have tried resetting the forms cache and all the
> other switches but I still get the same problems.  Do I have some major
> virus that is gradually attacking my copy of outlook?  I have tried
> uninstalling Office and re installing it but that hasn't worked either.
> Surely I must be able to start a completely new installation of Office
> and not have these problems.  Do I need to delete it from the Registry?
> Please help me as this is really beginning to get me down and I don't
> know what else to try.
>

> --
> Stratman

0
outlookmvp (5838)
12/10/2008 5:08:29 AM
Hi Diane

I have sorted the small text, it was the zoom function had been set to
60%.
Regards the calendar problem yes I can see the appointment in the "by
category" view.

--
Stratman

Problem in Reply

Allow or Deny when a Program tries to send an email
I am trying to send a message through Outlook with a vb.net program. I receive a message saying that I can allow or deny this message. After a few of these messages, I started getting a different message that gave me a choice to ALWAYS allow messages to be sent from this program. I don't know what triggered the appearance of this send message. My problem is that I need to install my application on my user machines, does anyone know how to disable this allow or deny message OR trigger the send message which allows me select always allow? Thanks, What version of Out...

Converting a publisher file to adobe, with editable text
I prepare publisher files, such as postcards, to send to people in my group. I want them to be able to insert their information when applicable. Is there a way to do that in Publisher, or will I neet a different program? Acrobat Pro can create fill-in documents. Word can too. Not so Publisher. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE418097-D3AA-4B25-80E7-4B625EAF54D9@microsoft.com... >I prepare publisher files, such as postcards, to send ...

Saving existing Outlook emails
I'm needing to re-format my harddrive and am wondering how I can save my existing Outlook emails and settings so that once I have the newly reformatted drive setup I can access my saved emails and files? do a search in your hard drive for *.pst... it contains all e-mails and contacts... in brief, all eggs in one basket. If you have mail rules you can export them, as you can your mail account(s). HTH <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10fe01c4a73d$16a62f50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm needing to re-format my harddrive and am wondering how > I can ...

lost data when opening excel workbooks ; text import wizard popup
When opening many of my excel files ,which all have the same modification date, I come across the text import wizard which states that my text in these files is 'delimited'. All of the files ,including a few word doc.s have had their data changed to show all " y " with two dots above the letter for as far as the eye can see. No import or export has been done with the files and no modifications were done on that date, as far as I know. Is this a corruption problem or is their some 'fix' that I am overlooking. Thanks for any ideas. ...

Wrapping text in a cell
In a single cell, suppose I want text to appear on two lines. Viz: Case One Case Two How do I do that so that I specify the wrap point? Thanks! If you are typing the data into the cell use Alt-Enter between each string to indicate where you want a line break to occur. Case One<Alt-Enter>Case Two Alt + Enter -- Lilliabeth ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Lilliabeth's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27741 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=476428 If you...

Is it possible to highlight text?
I'd like to highlight just some of the text in a cell - not the entire thing. Thanks Select the cell and in the edit bar you can then select (highlight) some of the text with the mouse and format how you wish, eg bold, different colour, different background colour, different font/font size etc. Hope this helps. Pete This will NOT work in a formula. Works only if all text. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Pete_UK" <pashurst@auditel.net> wrote in message news:1139215455.134469.285660@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Select the cell ...

make XL stop interpreting email addresses as highlighted links?
In several worksheets I store email addresses but XL insists on making them links. So, if I ever select the cell, it tries to open Outlook (which I won't let on my machine), etc. It takes me 30 seconds to get control back. I've looked everywhere in Options but I haven't found anything to stop this. My workaround is to type the email address in an unused cell, then copy it and Paste Special into the target cell with "values only". What a pain. Can you gurus please help? By the way, I did look hard and long for this in earlier posts -- I can't be the only one...

Adding attachments to email merges
I am trying to create an email merge in Outlook, with a PDF attachment. It all works ok, and the message sends but the attaachment is always stripped off the message - I have tried different files and the attachement never comes through, or even gets mentioned in the received message. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions gratefully received. Many thanks m.nutt1 Not supported. You'd need to use third party software for that. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "m.nutt1" <mark@emqc.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23qnq...

Workflow Email on Campaign Response
I've added a workflow rule so that when a field is changed on the campaign reponse form a email will be sent but when i go to add the action "send email" is not listed. Is it not possible to do this? This is CRM 3.0 Thanks I am facing the same problem. In CRM 3.0, when I want to add a workflow rule On creating a campaign response, "Send email" is not an available option in the Insert Action menue. Does anyone know the solution? -- Raj Limaye, PMP "Matt" wrote: > I've added a workflow rule so that when a field is changed on the campaign &...

Forcing Input as Uppercase on User Form
Hi can any one advise me how to amend the following code to ensure :- (a) only two letters are input (b) they are converted to upper case (c) how do you centre the text in a message box header as I have use spaces to achieve this Code used inputVal = TextBox1 Do Until ActiveCell = inputVal ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select If ActiveCell = "" Then MsgBox ("Sorry Not Found - Please Input the first two letter only e.g. RG ") ", vbInformation, " Warning !! " Unload UserForm1 UserForm1.Show End Else End If Loop Excel v...

Empty Emails
I get daily emails that are empty. Blank. From: Blank To: Blank Body: Blank Can someone tell my why? I just delete them. Thanks Sue Nope, I do too, but SpamBayes takes care of them for me. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Sue asked: | I get daily emails that are empty. Blank. | From: Blank | To: Blank | Body: Blank | | Can someone tell my why? I just delete them. | Thanks | ...

linking to publisher email
How do you make a link for unsubscribing to an email? The easiest way is to insert a email link to you along with instructions. Select the text or image > insert > hyperlink > Email Address and enter your email address. DavidF "NK" <NK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:166F126E-17FC-468E-9A42-9E23ACE8454D@microsoft.com... > How do you make a link for unsubscribing to an email? ...

How do I send my Outlook calendar to my desktop?
I would like to see my calendar created in Microsoft Outlook on my desktop. I have found information that says it can be done but I cannot find any instructions to accomplish this task. Post link to said info? Dan wrote: > I would like to see my calendar created in Microsoft Outlook on my desktop. > I have found information that says it can be done but I cannot find any > instructions to accomplish this task. "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:855665E0-8B0B-4ABD-915A-A4EC509167F7@microsoft.com... >I would like to s...

getting added to other peoples meetings in shared calendar
I opened shared calendars in my group by choosing their name and then the email messages went out giving them access to my calendar and requesting to view theirs. Ever since, I have been copied in as a "required attendee" on all meetings for everyone. I get the calendar items on my calendar and emails requesting Accept or Decline in my inbox. When others view view thru their outlook, they do not see me as a required attendee? What am I doing wrong? are you adding them as delegates or just giving them permission to view the calendar (by right clicking on the calendar fold...

Problem OL 2002 Email
I am having a problem with OL 2002 email settings. I have two computers which I am setting up. One computer works perfectly. The second computer I have configured exactly the same...incoming/outgoing servers and ports, etc... are all setup the same. On the second computer when I press test email settings, everything tests fine. But when I try to do a Send/Receive, I run into problems. First, the POP3 tries to connect to the POP3 server twice at the same time. (I am able to see this on my POP3 server console.) Second, the SMTP sending mail never connects to my SMTP server. (Ag...

Problms with Reply and Fwd- Outlook 2002
Running Outlook under Win XP Home. Outlook 2002 has SP3 installed. Since installing SP2 to WinXP we have been having long wait times after clicking the Reply or Forward buttons in the toolbar. We get the hourglass wait symbol for a minute or longer. We get a prompt response when we click New. Anyone have any ideas? Once the hourglass goes away, do you have any problems with sending the reply or forward? Have you tried using the Test Account Settings to see if there is a problem with the account? To be sure, I would try removing and readding the account. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Ou...

Hi - does anyone know how to view the source code of an email in Outlook 2003? - tia Jam4 ...

How do I turn off the reminder bell on my calendar?
I have a lot of items in my calendar. However, the constant pop-ups and ringing bell are very annoying. How do I turn these off but leave my calendar entries intact for when I wand to pull them up. Thank you. Open them and change Reminder to "None". magoe99 wrote: > I have a lot of items in my calendar. However, the constant pop-ups and > ringing bell are very annoying. How do I turn these off but leave my > calendar entries intact for when I wand to pull them up. Thank you. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041130.htm - this will turn...

Emails don't find contacts in restored Outlook
My hard drive burned up, so I replaced it, reinstalled, and imported everything into Outlook. The contacts are there if you click contacts. However, when sending emails, there is no way to connect to my contacts. It's like they are invisible. You never import Outlook data to restore it. You just open the Outlook data file. When you do, you will be able to configure your address book view to display your Contacts the same way as always: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002 -- Russ Valentine "Mike Row Soft" <MikeR...

Sending email in CRM web app problem
Hi, I found this problem very annoying. Our CRM's SMTP service is hosted in YahooMail. The SMTP address is mail.bizmail.yahoo.com and this is a "locked down" server, which means required authentication by username and password. I configured the CRM server's registry by settings the SMTPServerUrl and other stuff, such as Username and password entries. Now, when we send emails from CRM web app, it works... BUT... when we send email using a template which has embedded images, it cannot send the email and reports an error: "Not valid association" something... A...

Why can't I send email messages with Trial Outlook 2007?
I have a new HP laptop that came with the 60 day trial of Office'07. I receive email but the send/reply/compose functions are grayed out. I am certain my settings are correct. Why can't I send email? KK What happens when you use the Test Account Settings? What is the exact error message you get? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, KK asked: | I have a new HP laptop that came with the 60 day...

Incoming Emails #2
Do I always have to click the "Send/Receive" button in order to get my new emails? No, you can go to TOOLS, then SEND/RECEIVE SETTINGS and then DEFINE SEND/RECEIVE SETTINGS and in the box's shown, you can tell Outlook to automatically send or receive your messages every XX mins. Tedd -- Tedd Riggs PDASquare Content Developer www.pdasquire.com "wj" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88174331-72B4-4ECF-B688-DF745D9178EF@microsoft.com... > Do I always have to click the "Send/Receive" button in order to get my new emails? T...

Create Calendar mtg invite template to avoid retyp'g conf no's?
I want to create a calendar template so that I can avoid retyping my conference call details in the location field everytime I create a new invite. How do I do this? In what version of OUtlook? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "GM" wrote: > I want to create a calendar template so that I can avoid retyping my > conference call details in the location field everytime I create a new > invite. How do I do this?...