Text in replies is difficult to read

I have recently installed Office 2003 Professional on my
HP laptop.  My screen resolution is set to 1024x768.
Messages in Outlook 2003 are very easy to read.  However,
if I reply or forward a message, the text in the reply
appears to be very small.  My chosen font for replies is
Comic Sans MS, 14 points.  This is not a small font.
But, when I type in my text, it is VERY difficult to
read.  The font selector box is correct but it looks like
about a 2 of 4 point font...  ANy thoughts?
0
Chuck

Summing instances of text across worksheets
Hello, I have a workbook with separate sheets for each month. The sheets contain a list client names (entered exactly the same on each sheet). I need to summarize how many times a client name appears in total. For example, John Brown may appear Jan & Feb (=2) where Mary Brown may appear Jul, Sep, Dec (=3). I've been trying pivot tables without luck. Hoping someone can help. Thanks in advance! Never mind, I consolidated all the worksheet data into one and the pivot table works fine. Thanks anwyay! "George" wrote: > Hello, I have a workbook with separate sheets fo...

How do I create a bulleted list text format inside cell?
I am collecting data and want to format the text inside the "notes" (my title) cell so that it can be more easily read. I would like to make a bulleted list. There are several cells that need this formatting. Is this possible? There is no help for this. You have to do it manually. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "DEH" <DEH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DFAEE5CC-0AAD-41D7-9DE1-396187DA2681@microsoft.com... > I am collecting data and want to format the text inside the "notes" (my > title) cell so that it can be more easily read. I would...

Stop mail from changing postition once replied to
How can I stop Outlook 2003 e-mail message from changing location in my in box once I have addressed them or replied to them? It scoots them to the bottom of my e-mail list and just rotates them as I work them... sounds like you are sorting by the modified date or icon - click on the received field to sort by it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange So...

Find feature does not work with HTML messages (Content-type: text/html)
I have Outlook 2000 SP-3 running under Windows ME. When using the Find feature to locate all e-mails with a given word in the message, no items are found if the e-mails are of "text/html" content-type. The Find feature appears to work for any messages that have URLs embedded and are "multipart/alternative" or "text/plain" content-type. I noticed a similar post several months ago (see http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=%23qSBYIssDHA.2224%40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl). Is there a work-around for this problem, or should this be reported t...

Excel should default to autoformat for chart text boxes
Excel in (Office 2003 and as far as I can tell all previous versions of Excel) should default to autoformat for chart text boxes - it currently selects "none" for outline and background options ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micr...

Excel files are 'read only' when accessed over network.
How do I make them accessible please. Also I cannot get access to Windows folder via network. Ideally I would like to get access to everything over the network if I need to. I have ticked sharing and security boxes. Since these are network drives, you may want to have your IT folks look at it and see if you have access to the drives/folders you need. gracenote wrote: > > How do I make them accessible please. > > Also I cannot get access to Windows folder via network. Ideally I > would like to get access to everything over the network if I need to. > I have ticked sharing...

Need help extracting text from EDLs
I really am trying to learn this stuff, but I haven't programmed anything since my TRS-80 Basic days and I'm a bit overwhelmed. I want to extract text from Edit Decision Lists so that I have a list of shots used in a film. Here is an example of one event of an EDL: 002 TAPE004 V C 04:45:22:06 04:45:24:14 02:00:08:00 02:00:10:08 FROM CLIP NAME: 7C-4_B_ DLEDL: PATH: /raids/luc_1/bun/reel_02/oscans/1222/bun_7c_4_b_02/2048x1556/ The text that follows "FROM CLIP NAME:" is the name of the clip that I want to extract so that I have a document on onl...

Automatically display set text based on users composition
Hi, im trying to do something really simple, trouble is i dont know what the feature's called to be able to search for tips on how to do it. Basically in outlook messages, when a user begins writing a sentence e.g. "in the terms of" i need a tag to pop up that allows the user to press enter and then the remainder of what they will want to type in will be inserted in, its a yellow tag that comes up above the words. i dont know where it needs to be created and enabled. Cheers, Rhys. ...

Text-To-Columns Fixed Width
When using Text-To-Columns, Excel "recognizes" that the data fits the Fixed Width criteria and PRE-assigns the width. In most of the cases I work with Excel is wrong 99% of the time. Is there a way to force Excel to NOT pre-assign the width (leave everything blank)? On the first panel of the wizard click Delimited, then on the second panel click space as the delimiter. Hope this helps. Pete On Feb 4, 12:50=A0am, TP <T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When using Text-To-Columns, Excel "recognizes" that the data fits the Fix= ed > Width ...

how to mark emails in deleted items as read automatically???
Hi How to mark emails in deleted items as read automatically??? Now i've to right click en choose 'mark as read'. If looked in rules, but one can not make a rule on the map 'deleted items' . Or am I wrong. Peter Peter, I think that you can go to options and st teh setting there. If I can remember right the option is "mark all deleted items as read". I don't know the version of Outlook you are woking in but it should be there. Hoop jy kom reg!! Marais van Zyl >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >How to mark emails in deleted items as read...

Read XML into Dataset and load SQL server table from Dataset
Hello all, I am working on a project with the following characteristics: 1. Load data from a SQL server table to an xml file 2. Read the xml file into a dataset. 3. Load data from the dataset into another SQL server table. I was able to accomplish the first objective. I used the following code to read the generated xml file into a dataset. Dim strXml As String = "C:\Customers.xml" Dim sr As StreamReader = New StreamReader(strXml) Dim ds As DataSet = New DataSet ds.ReadXml(sr, XmlReadMode.IgnoreSchema) How can I traverse in the dataset and post each row to my desired table on ...

Code to send SMS text message?
Hi, I would like to send an SMS text message to a cel phone via code within Excel 2007. Has anyone done this? What code / services / products do I need to accomplish this? Does anyone have an example? Thanks in advance. --Dan What gateway are you using? What you would need to do is to snd a internet message to a gateway provider which would then send the messae out on the wireless land. Most likely you are using a webpage interface from your PC to interface with the gateway. So opening up an internet explorer and goiong to an URL is probably the method to use. ...

Access 2007 Rich Text Question 04-28-07
Hi All In the plan text version of a Memo field you can easily add a date by pressing Ctrl+Colon which makes life easy for the end user. However, if the Memo field is set to the Rich Text Property this no longer works. Or am I missing something? Tom gave me a part answer last week but I cannot see a way of inserting a date on a Rich Text Memo field by using keystrokes Thanks ...

Text box and formatting?
I am working on class schedule and have one text box which spans a few pages. Pages are double columns. I have a header for each class and paragraph given for class description. On the last page, last column, one description appears at the top with empty space for the rest of the column. I would like to change the formatting of the text in the whole text-box so that most of the last column is used. I can select the text in the text box which expands over the few pages and play with the font size, but that would mean that all the text would be the same size. Is there a way that text...

How do I use text in a cell as a range name in a formula
If cell A1 had the text TEST in it and TEST is the name I have given to a group of cells using the name box what formula can I use to give me the sum of TEST, thats is the sum of the cells in the group called TEST. I understand that I can simply have =SUM(TEST), but I want the formula to refer to Cell A1 to get the name ie =SUM(A1) doesn't work obviously Any help appreciated Thank you In this case, you want to use the INDIRECT function. E.g., =SUM(INDIRECT(A1)) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Kiwi" &...

wrapping text in a query field
I set up the field in table to memo and tried entering a lot of information but when I open the report that field does not expand to show all of the entries. Can this be done in query and reports both. Thanking you in advance. Mary Lou On Dec 12, 12:06 pm, MaryLou <Mary...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I set up the field in table to memo and tried entering a lot of information > but when I open the report that field does not expand to show all of the > entries. Can this be done in query and reports both. > > Thanking you in advance. > Mary Lou Go to the p...

Pasting "Character Spacing" adjusted text
Our church office secretary has the Bible on a CD in a Word document. They have used Format>Font>Character Spacing>Position >Raised>by 2.5 rather than "Suberscript" for all the verse numbers. Is there a way to Copy the text and paste it into Publisher to maintain the appearance of the raised verse numbers? I do not see the Character Spacing formatting features in Publisher. We are using Office 2002. Jim wrote: > Our church office secretary has the Bible on a CD in a Word document. > They have used Format>Font>Character Spacing>Position >Raised>...

Publisher does not recognize tab-delimited text files in a mail m.
I am a student who is learning MS Publisher 2003. In mail merges, publisher does not recognize tab-delimited text files. If you try to mail merge with a tdt file, the data appears as one column entry, making it impossible to sort by separate fields or insert separte fields as a formally formatted address block. Converting the file to a comma-delimited text file (comma separated values) solves the problem. The fields appear separately as they should in the Mail Merge Recipients dialog box, so that you can sort by separate fields and then set up a properly formatted address block. Pl...

read receipt deleting
Diane am so sorry for duplicating this. Since I have still not gone online and it is stored in a hidden message store.. there got to be some way to delete this????? If i uninstall ms outlook 2002 adn reinstall in a different folder will that help? if i delete the outlook folder will taht help? or is there any windows folder i need to delete, i have windows 2000.... or is it some where in registry? please help thanks a lot >-----Original Message----- >answered 9 min ago in the other thread.... :) > >-- >Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] >Author, Teach Yourself O...

deleting lines on text boxes
I do not want to print the lines in a text box in microsoft publisher. How do I do this? If you mean the line *around* a text box:: Click inside the text box Right-click - select Format Text Box Colors and Lines Tab - under Lines|Color, make sure it says No Line Click OK -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Paul Rozewicz" <Paul Rozewicz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C89EDDA3-8F82-4F19-BA70-75FE82061B93@microsoft.com... >I do not want to print the lines in a text box in microsoft publisher. How > do I do this? ...

How can I write in a text in a cell using numbers and the letters.
I'm trying to get some codes in for example 511E09 is one fo them but when I try to enter another code it makes the code a formula and it changes to 5.11E+09 why is that? I tried changing it by formatting cells to text, but that doesn't change it. Waht can I do? Clear the data, change it to text, and then enter it. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Sandy" <Sandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C474C50-E47D-43EB-A4F0-B4D21141E39F@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to get some codes in for example 511E09 i...

Formatting a text box for date entry only
Is there a way to format a text box on a user form to only allow date entries ie: mm/dd/yy or mm/dd/yyyy? Not really, but you can ensure it is a date, like so Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim fValid As Boolean fValid = False On Error GoTo ws_exit Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:A10")) Is Nothing Then With Target If IsNumeric(.Value) Then If IsDate(.Value) Then If Year(.Value) >= 1970 And Year(.Value) <= 2999 Then ...

Change text name based on file name
On my spreadsheet in cell A1 I have a text label containing the word "Department" What I want is when I save the file as Schedule 1 (Division).xls I want cell A1 change from "Department" to "Division" based upon what is within the parentheses in this example Any tips will be appreciated. Thank you. If I understand you, you want to return the portion of the wb's name that is within parentheses. If so, try this formula in cell A1. After doing a "Save As..." you will have to press F9 to update. Minimal testing: =MID(CELL("filename&quo...

Excel 97 file to be read in Works 7
My friend has Works 7 and I have Office 97 Pro. What is the best way to send her an Excel file so she can read it, modify the contents and send it back to me? Thanks "ゥョ" <news@kidsnews.au.org> wrote in message news:3f8ed492$0$115$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... > My friend has Works 7 and I have Office 97 Pro. > What is the best way to send her an Excel file so she can read it, > modify the contents and send it back to me? > Thanks First, determine the most advanced data format that you can both save to. I suspect this is probably Works 4 or so. Then, ...

Replies to Watched Threads
I am running WLM build 14.0.8089.0726 under Windows 7. I have Mark Messaged Threads I start as 'Watched' checked in Options. Whenever I post a message in a newsgroup, my message appears as watched but any replies to it do not. Can anyone help me get the entire thread shown as watched? Thank you. "Jack Gillis" <XXXXXXXXXXXXX@widomaker.com> wrote in message news:uGt$Q62mKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I am running WLM build 14.0.8089.0726 under Windows 7. > > I have Mark Messaged Threads I start as 'Watched' checked in Options. ...