testing account setting

After setup outlook 2002, (although I can send /receive
mail with not problems) when I've try to use the test
account setting to send a test mail. I get the follow
message "Unable to send test message. Please verify the
email address field. Do I have to create a message first
before using this function?

Any help to this puzzle would be great.

Thanks to anyone in advance

Regards

Fidel

setting timeout in XML controls
Is there a way to set a timeout in either MSXML or in .NET's XML classes? --Buddy Hi, If you're using MSXML4.0 take a look at the ServerXMLHTTP: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/xmlsdk/htm/xml_mth_sz_0cj7.asp Regards, Ion Vasilian -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm. "Buddy Ackerman" <buddy@buddyackerman.com> wrote in message news:uHqaoAkmDHA.2068@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

No account number shown in printed checks
Using Money 2007 Deluxe. Printed a series of checks from MS Mmoney this morning, but the account numbers didn't print on the checks. Each of the payees has an account number entered in the appropriate place, in the "Go to Payees" detail listing. Can't figure out what's going on here! Thanks for any assistance. Dave On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 08:37:03 -0700, Dave M. <DaveM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Using Money 2007 Deluxe. > >Printed a series of checks from MS Mmoney this morning, but the account >numbers didn't print on the checks. Each of...

Synchronising Accounts
Hi, I have Money 2006. I also have a PDA in which Money 2006 for Pocket Pc 2003 was loaded. When I see the accounts to be synchronised, I see only Credit card accounts, checking accounts, savings accounts and line of credit accounts. I cannot see the Asset accounts like Home or Loan Accounts like Home Mortgage Accounts in the list of accounts to be synchronised in active sync. By the way In transaction register I cannot see special categories like Transfers, Credit Card Payments, Loan Payments. I cannot edit or change the previous transaction, but I can only enter new transactions? M...

Display middle name with Primary Contact field on Account screen?
How do I Display the middle name with Primary Contact field on Account screen? Please help. We use the Primary Contact field on the main Account screen to search and select a contact. The field then displays the First Name + Last Name of the contact that was selected. Can I make it show First Name + Last Name + Middle Name? How do I do it? I will be very appreciative for any help I receive. Thanks adna; The CRM has one format for displaying contact names. you can set that format in Settings-->Administration-->System Settings. While First Name + Last Name + Middle Name isn&...

Re-assign account issues - MSFT Employees & MSCRM Partners
Scenario: Sales rep leaves the company - accounts need to be shuffled around - some to new rep and some to other reps - typical account realignment - happens in just about any sales org (for many reasons)nothing unique about this - I reassign accounts and of course any items/objects that are not completed, closed, etc...move with the account to the now owner - as it should - Any cases with a resolved status - stay with the respective case owner - as it should - makes sense, right? - The big problem comes in here and it makes no sense - Orders, Opportunities, Quotes, and Appointment activities ...

Read from same email account on two separate computers at same tim
I am not too sure if this question belongs to Windows Live Mail. Since I can't do it with POP protocol, I have Windows Live Mail set up to access the same GMail account with IMAP protocol on two separate computers for convenience sake. Every time I start the Windows Live Mail on the second computer after another one already starts on one computer, there seems to be error accessing the server. Also the Windows Live Mail on one system seems to keep downloading mails while the other one doesn't. How can I selectively download mails, that is download only when I read ...

Test for attachment when sending email
Am I missing a setting somewhere so that Outlook checks to see if I have an attachment in any email with the word "attach", "attached", "attachment" when I hit SEND? (Outlook 2007) Not a setting, no, but there is an add-in that can do it. http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook/oltools.html -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Bryn" <Bryn@discussions...

Set One Field based On Another Field
I think I have a pretty simple request. I am looking for some script to put on an on exit field. Here is what I need it to do: When a value is put in say $550, if this is greater than a specified limit in the code I need it to set Field2 to Yes. So if field1 > 500 set field2 = yes Real world example: I have a dollar amount of credit to give to a customer, I want to auto populate the approval required field with a yes. Your help is appreciated. Brent, Try: IIf([Field1]>500,[Field2]="Yes") However if the field is a Bit data type then IIf([Field1]&...

New account with new Domain
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am trying to set up a new entourage email account using a new recently purchased domain. I am putting in mail@domainname.com for incoming and out going mails but when i verify details it tells me both are not right. Do I have to have set up the hosting for the website before being able to set up the email account or do I need to set up the email address at somewhere like GMail first and then will I be able to do it???? Any help appreciated. > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this f...

Negative Net worth after adding a Mortgage account
Money is now calculating my net worth as negative, This occurred after I added my home mortgage to 2004. Shouldn't my home be an asset, even though technically I have a mortgage? Can anyone shed light on this? Tony Yes, your home should be an asset and there is an account type, interestingly enough called asset account, designed just to handle this. Read more in online help. The Money Loan setup wizard should have asked you about setting one up. "Tony Lisanti" <ajlisanti@optonline.net> wrote in message news:mkmb10hro61seu4h9m4hpjp91kbk1o7egq@4ax.com... > Mo...

Accounting templates
Are there templates to do accounting worksheets (trial balances, income statements, do adjustments) and the like? I am using Excel 2000 Kaye Browse through the Excel section of the MS Template Gallery. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 09:59:05 -0800, "Kaye" <Kaye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Are there templates to do accounting worksheets (trial balances, income >statements, do adjustments) and the like? I am using Excel 2000 ...

Exchange 5.5 Service Account Domain Rights
Silly question... Does an Exchange 5.5 service account need to be a domain admin? It seems like it does not need to be domain admin, just local admin on the exchange server. If possible, please provide a M$ link. thanks, FastEddie On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:43:05 -0500, "FastEddie" <fasteddie@therockwells.net.no.spam> wrote: >Silly question... > >Does an Exchange 5.5 service account need to be a domain admin? It seems >like it does not need to be domain admin, just local admin on the exchange >server. Nope. In fact, it is recommended that it not be a d...

Set recipent address to smtp instead of Exchange/x400 ?
Is there a settting that I can change to set the recipient or to address to always show as an smtp address instead of the Exchange/X400 address? what version of Exchange? smtp is the default protocol for Exchange 2000/2003... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Jibril Esa" <jesa@conarc.com> wrote in message news:#lwYvtijGHA.3440@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there a settting that I can change to set the recipient or to address > to always show as an smtp address instead of the Exchange/X400 address? > > In exchange 2003 environment or exchange 2000. when I pull t...

WM5/Mny2006 Account Register Data Input
I'm using Money2006 on WM5/VGA, work fine in portrait mode until a trial version of Lingvosoft Dict, was installed, the Input field width & dropdown menu boxes under ACCOUNT REGISTER was slightly enlarged and got pushed off the right screen, now the dropdown button can only be accessed by setting the ppc in landscape mode, appreciate if anyone could provide info how to correct this problem. btw, I've uninstall and trial-ware and reinstalled money2006. TIA CZX ...

How does AD tie a joining PC with a pre-staged computer account?
On our network, we only want a select group of desktop managers joining PCs to the domain. In addition to that, we want those managers REQUESTING to have those machines joined before they actually do so. This is because we have problems with some desktop managers moving machines around without telling us, losing track of assets, and so on. We're planning on having an automated network registration, so we're not planning on making everyone's life hell, but they will have to jump through a few hoops to get on a publically routable network and so on. I have a decent id...

Set up sending same message everyday
I need help on how to set my outlook to send a message to the same group everyday Thanks DK ...

Can't set hyperlink to Word bookmark
Excel 2007 (& Word 2007) Vista Enterprise SP1 This topic has been covered re older versions of Excel, with no definitive answer. I want to hyperlink a certain Excel cell to a specific point in a Word document. I select the cell, hit Ctrl-k, and navigate to the file. The path and file appear in the address problem. I then press the Bookmark button. The following message appears: "Microsoft Office Excel could not open this file or could not parse a file of this type." [Why not? It's the same Office version?] The Show Help button unhelpfully says that certai...

Setting a calendar field to disabled
Hello I have a date field called "followupby". Once the user selects a date then saves the form, I need the field to be disabled so the user can no longer select another date. I have set the code in the onsave event to: crmForm.all.new_textfield.disabled = true; I have also tried: crmForm.all.new_textfield.readOnly = true; but when I publish and test, the calendar button is still available to user. What have I done wrong? ...

Balance an Account Money 2006
In previous versions of Money when I balanced an account, I was able to see the debits and credits on the left side of the screen. This helped in my control of adding the credits and debits. Now all I see is an amount that is not reconciled. I need to get to zero. I miss the old way. Is the old way gone or is there a way to turn it on? Please help on this. Gone. Gone in M05 as well. (M04? Can't remember exactly where this came in. Diligent groups.googling could reveal. It's been a relatively common topic since it happened.) Microsoft thought you wanted it "simpler"...

Account Activity Blackout Dates
Hi, My group is using CRM, and we need the ability to add blackout dates to our accounts. That is, we need to be able to prohibit certain accounts from being scheduled for an activity during particular time periods. Does CRM have any built-in functionality that allows for this? Thank you! -Dave- Afraid not. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 2 Feb 2005 11:20:27 -0800, "Dave" <renor321@yahoo.com> wrote: Hi, My group is using CRM, and we need the ability to add blackout dates to our accounts...

Default font setting
Can some one please tell me how to change the default font setting in Publisher 2003 I tried to install default text add-inn but couldn't get it to work. Try this instead http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/normal.pub -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "desav" <desav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F12FE189-AC5E-47EC-A19C-36CFAC932E72@microsoft.com... > Can some one please tell me how to change the default font setting in > Publisher 2003 > I tried to install default...

One Account No Longer Updating
I can no longer get updates from one of my banks. All the others work fine. This started happening about 10 days ago. I contacted my bank and they said there is nothing happening on their end. I set up the online account information once again and it fails during the account setup. During account setup I get this error: "You accounts couldn't be updated with information from your bank or brokerage. To learn more, on the Tools menu, point to Internet Updates, and then click Read Call Summary Messages." When I do that I see this error: "Microsoft Mon...

Office small business 2003 OUTLOOK multiple email accounts
Hello to all. I am running office 2003 as part of small business 2003. I have now 2 email accounts. The first is fine and working well. The second one I just set up and this will be used as the inbox for emails to be sent to from a "catch all" profile as set up from my ISP. I would like all the emails that arrive in the second email address to be placed into a seprate folder and not to be mixed up with emails from my 1st and original email address. I dont used Exchange server. Does anyone know how to do this? Use the Rules Wizard to sort mail items based on receiving account...

[Wave4] Account Column still not fixed
I Unfortunately there's still the same annoying "bug" as it was in the previous final version. If you manually add another column for Account in order to see where an email originates from it doesn't work for Hotmail/Live accounts. The new column displays the account correctly for all email accounts accept for Hotmail/Live accounts. http://i.imgur.com/56r5X.jpg I hope it gets fixt until the final release. I think you maybe need to set up your hotmail/live accounts as pop3 to do this. Mine all work to add columns. Art [artfudd] Folden -- "Phil"...

Testing the group
Just seeing if this group is still working. It's june 1. If it does work, thanks to everyone who has posted help over the years. I'm sure many of you will just go to other newsgroups that are not the "microsoft" ones. See you there. If this message dont work, then you wont be reading this.... :) And as my final post, if this does get thru, I was thinking about when Win95 was first released. Win95 was so retarded that you could delete the Windows folder from within Windows. Damn, I had more fun going to Best Buy and other computer stores, and tossing the Wi...