TASKS: How can I paste a list into multiple task items?

When I try to hi-lite a list of tasks from notepad and paste them into
Outlook 2003 Tasks, a dialogue box opens wanting me to enter the Task title.

I'm hoping to be able to take a list and paste it into Tasks and have a list
of Tasks without having to type individually.

Thanks.

0
nope5477 (19)

That's not possible. You can drag blocks of text to the tasks button to
create 1 at a time or import the list - it needs to be one task per row,
comma or tab delimited. (It's easier to edit in Excel, if it needs edited
before importing.)

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Hotkey" <nope@notnow.net> wrote in message
> When I try to hi-lite a list of tasks from notepad and paste them into
> Outlook 2003 Tasks, a dialogue box opens wanting me to enter the Task
> title.
>
> I'm hoping to be able to take a list and paste it into Tasks and have a
> list of Tasks without having to type individually.
>
> Thanks.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
9/5/2008 11:03:25 PM
thank you.

> That's not possible. You can drag blocks of text to the tasks button to
> create 1 at a time or import the list - it needs to be one task per row,
> comma or tab delimited. (It's easier to edit in Excel, if it needs edited
> before importing.)
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>

> "Hotkey" <nope@notnow.net> wrote in message
>> When I try to hi-lite a list of tasks from notepad and paste them into
>> Outlook 2003 Tasks, a dialogue box opens wanting me to enter the Task
>> title.
>>
>> I'm hoping to be able to take a list and paste it into Tasks and have a
>> list of Tasks without having to type individually.
>>
>> Thanks.

0
nope5477 (19)

return items to supplier/reporting
how we can return items to suppliers with in the same purchase order so that we don't effect the posting in QB2003 7 keep the inventory accurate any recomended software for reporting i need to be able to have a charts to compare the sales & customer loyalty to the store in an easy way thanks -- maher almasri maher, The approved RMS way is to issue a Transfer Out back to the supplier. SO Manager | Inventory | Transfer Out. Also I assume that you know that Intuit is forcing an update to QB 2003 by April 30. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outl...

Manager To Do List
My HR department would like each manager to see a notice on their Portal "To Do list" when an Employee is coming up for review (anniversary of Hire Date?). Can someone point me in the right direction for creating and setting this up? BP 2.7/GP 8.0 sp4a ------=_NextPart_0001_37AC1F26 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi David This is Terry and I will be able to assist you today. The To Do List in Business Portal is used for managers to approve items from our workflow. For example, an employee submits a time card, it goes to the Manager To Do List to ap...

Receipt not in Item Transaction Inquiry
I have a client that uses project accounting. They have received against a purchase order. The receipt shows up in the Purchase Receipts Inquiry, but does not show up in the Item Transaction Inquiry. What could be causing this? ...

CRM 3.0 and Price List Upgrading
Hi, Does anyone know if CRM 3.0 will have a mechanism to update large price lists and/or multiple price lists? We have CRM 1.2 and have 4 price lists, each having about 1200 items. We have an upcoming price list change - happens each quarter, and to do them manually takes days. I hope Microsoft has incorporated something like this into 3.0. Any info would be helpful. Thanks! Shauna ...

how to get rid of incorrect email address in list of choices
I want to cancel an email address that appears in the choice list shown when creating a new email. "Sal Kay" <Sal Kay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A48BCAAE-8AAC-4958-8D1B-6473B031650C@microsoft.com... > I want to cancel an email address that appears in the choice list shown > when > creating a new email. select it using the arrow keys and delete... .....or if you happen to be using Outlook 2010, click the black "X" next to the address you want to delete on the list. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr &am...

Event 9327
I have just installed two new Exchange 2003 servers in Mixed mode with two old Exchange 5.5 boxes. I'm having two problems that I think are related. I have a user who gets the following message in his Inbox: 13:34:36 Synchronizer Version 11.0.5604 13:34:37 Synchronizing Mailbox 'Kuyper, Steve (ESC)' 13:34:37 Done 13:34:37 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 13:34:37 0X8004010F On my server, I get the following: Event ID: 9327 Description: OALGen skipped some entries in the offline address list '\Global Address List'. To see which entries are affected, event lo...

Multiple Sales Taxes
Hi, We have a client based in Canada that does business all over the country. He wants to have the breakup of taxes printed on the SOP Blank Invoice Form. There is an article to do this in knowledgebase and that is fine for predetermined Tax Schedules made at design time. The issues are: 1) They do business today in 6 different Taxes(GST/PST/HST/QST etc..), altough in any form only 2 taxes out of the 6 would be required to be printed, so do we make 6 different lines on the form, one for each? 2) What if the client makes a new Tax Schedule and wants to have it printed. Does he need t...

can i download lxce serv.exe

multiple flyers per page?

Corrupt "Deleted Items" folder

Removing multiple users from Outlook