tasks entered in taskpad don't appear in task folder

All of the tasks that I have entered via the taskpad do not appear in
the task folder, what am I doing wrong or do I have the wrong
expectation?

OL98/WinXP

John Keith
kd0gd@juno.com

0
kd0gd (97)

What view are you using on your Tasks folder?

--=20
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

"John Keith" <kd0gd@juno.com> wrote in message =
| All of the tasks that I have entered via the taskpad do not appear in
| the task folder, what am I doing wrong or do I have the wrong
| expectation?
|=20
| OL98/WinXP
|=20
|=20
| John Keith
| kd0gd@juno.com

0
MillyS (3228)
10/14/2004 3:33:19 AM
>What view are you using on your Tasks folder?

The view was set to "Simple" but none of the other views displayed any
of the tasks I had entered.

John Keith
kd0gd@juno.com

0
kd0gd (97)
10/14/2004 4:07:04 AM
>All of the tasks that I have entered via the taskpad do not appear in
>the task folder, what am I doing wrong or do I have the wrong
>expectation?
>
>OL98/WinXP

I  just found that I have more than one "Tasks" folder. There is one
as a sub-folder under calendar and this is the one that has no tasks
in it. There is another "Tasks" folder at the same level as my
"Calendar" folder and this one does display my tasks.

Can I safely delete the folder that is under the "Calendar" folder?

John Keith
kd0gd@juno.com

0
kd0gd (97)
10/15/2004 12:26:11 PM
John Keith <kd0gd@juno.com> wrote:

> I  just found that I have more than one "Tasks" folder. There is one
> as a sub-folder under calendar and this is the one that has no tasks
> in it. There is another "Tasks" folder at the same level as my
> "Calendar" folder and this one does display my tasks.
>
> Can I safely delete the folder that is under the "Calendar" folder?

I imagine so.
--
Brian Tillman
0

Message From Field in Folder
When viewing the list of my new messages, is there a way to see the email address of the sender instead of the alias before I open it? In the From column I see "John". When I open the email I see "John <john@johnsemail.com>". I want to see the "john@johnsemail.com" before I open it so I can tell the difference between emails from "Microsoft Support <yourfu@edifyouopenedthis.com>" and "Microsoft Support <someguywhosreally@microsoft.com>" I am currently using outlook 2002 and 2003 alternately based on my mood. Mike If you ...

Moving Emails to a Public Folder
Hi, I have Exchange 2003 automatically forwarding anything sent to several email addresses to one public folder. The problem is that these items appear in the public folder with the "Posted To:" field, but not the "To:" field, so we don't know which email address it was sent to (without looking in the headers). When you reply, the original email in the body still only references the public folder "Posted To:" field, and not the email address it was originally sent to. Is there a way to change this behavior so the "To:" field is displayed? If not,...

All Task bars gone How do I get them back?
All of a sudden the other day everything at the top of my screen disappeared. I can load my word documents by searching my files and double clicking on the name but I can not Open a document inside word. I have never seen anything like this where all the buttons for using Word are gone. How do I get them back. http://www.gmayor.com/my_toolbars_are_missing.htm or http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP ...

Context menu does not appear
Hey everyone. Hopefully someone out there can help with this. I a running OL2K, when I right click on a message, the context menu doe not appear. However, if you right click on a folder in the folder vie you get the menu. Right click functions work fine outside of Outlook. Any feedback is appreciated. Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

EXCH2003 - OWA
In our organization, we have a master contact list as Contacts in our public folders. In OWA we can see and get access to those contacts, but when you double-click on a contact card, the button to send email to this contact is grey-ed out. The contacts associated with my mailbox has that option available. any thoughts???? ???????? ...

entering multiple costs for an item
I am very new to Retail Management, and am trying to enter inventory, and create a purchase order. I can't figure out how to enter various costs for the same item from the same supplier. For example, when we purchase in lots of 50 pcs., the item cost is .50 per item (total cost of 25.00). However, if we purchase in lots of 100 pcs, the item cost is .47 per item (total cost of 47.00). We can also purchase the item in boxes of 10 (5.50 per box for a cost of .55 per item). How can I enter these costs so when I place a purchase order, the cost will be correct according to the quant...

enter value based on drop down list of another field?
I have an excel 2003 spreadsheet with 3 worksheets. In sheet 1, I created a drop down list in column A based on values in sheet 3, column A (item number). Thisd data comes from sheet 3, where I have column A (Item #'s), column B (Item desc)an Column C (price) In column B of sheet 1, I have Item Descriptions and in column C I have price. I want this to automatically fill in based on what I enter in the column A sheet 1 and it should get the corresponding values from sheet 3 column B and C. I can make the drop down list in sheet 1 column B and C, but some of the descriptions need ...

Outlook 2003 Add-in: Personal Folders Backup uninstall problem
Hello techie nerds out there Help! I am trying to uninstall this utility to reinstall it on another desktop on the same machine. It seems you can only run this utility on one desktop? Running windows XP pro and Outlook 2002 The programme does not show up in the Add/Remove programme window in the Control Panel. Many, many thanks Paul Paul Allen <ict@wandsworthvb.org.uk> wrote: > I am trying to uninstall this utility to reinstall it on > another desktop on the same machine. It seems you can only > run this utility on one desktop? Doesn't seem to be the case here. ...

Line-break in a cell without ALT-ENTER?
Is there a way to do this? I would like to make it so when the user hits "ENTER", it doesn't go to the next cell. I want it to just make a line-break in the cell. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You could use a couple of macros, but before you do that, how would you really hit the enter key? I think I wouldn't really do this, but if had to, I'd remap the enter key from the numeric keyboard only. Then I could still use the QWER...

Search folders Otlk-2003 don't work?
I create a new search folder in OUtlook folder with the criteria, "mail to and from certain people". And then I choose a person from the list. The email address for that person has always been the same. However the search folder only comes up with mail I have SENT to that person, not mail they have sent to me. Whats with that? thanks... jf ...

How can I prioritize tasks by number in Outlook 2007?
I am trying to create a custom priority for my tasks in Outlook 2007, but I'm not able to edit the field that was created when I changed the settings to include a custom priority. I'm trying to put a number into it, so that I can sort my tasks in a certain category by number, but I'm not able to. We aren't watching you and your explanation is missing details. Where in Outlook are you trying to view the Tasks? There are 3 places to see Tasks. If in the Task Folder, what View are you in? If in Tasks folder you probably need to turn on in-line editing. Regards Judy Gle...

Understanding Rehoming Public Folders
Hey guys, need some clarification. Under Exchange 5.5 I have public folders replicating to Exchange 2003. The home server option to rehome the public folder under 5.5, by changing this to point to the 2003 server, it won't remove it from the 5.5 server will it?? you should read the article written by William Boswell Great approach http://msexchange911.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=32&topic=204.0 oz -- Best regards, Good Luck Oz Ozugurlu ____________________________ MCSE 2003 M+,S+, CCNA Http://www.msexchange911.org Http://www.consultusa.us (Blog) "Mike" wr...

Why is Outlook 2003 synchronizing folders from a PoP email account!
I have one internet email account. No Exchange. I loaded Outlook 2003 3 days ago. All of a sudden. Today, it is synchronizing my folders. It takes forever and seems to be in some kind of a loop. 2 hours and still no email downloaded. Let the games begin, again. Another product from Microsoft with major bugs right out of the shoot. SP1 ready yet? Any Microsoft employees here care to tell me how to disable the synchronization of my folders to other folders that don't exist? Do you care to tell us what options you selected before shooting off your opinions about Microsoft???? --� Milly S...

enter-key works with two inputboxes but not with olny one.
Hi, There is a form with two inputboxes and a submit button.The focus is on the first inputbox. When the user presses the enter-key without having entered some text, the javascript message "wrong text" appears. This works. But if i remove the second inputbox, leaving only the first inputbox and the submit button, pressing the enter-key without any text does not show the javascript message. Nothing happens. The focus remains in the inputbox. You can see the page is postbacked, but that's all. Why does it work with two inputboxes and not with one? And how to fix...

How do I enter the character '&' in a custom header?
Can anyone help me with this? Use two of them: && toolman wrote: > > Can anyone help me with this? -- Dave Peterson Try && Mike R. "toolman" wrote: > Can anyone help me with this? That works! Thanks for your help! "Mike R" wrote: > Try && > > Mike R. > > "toolman" wrote: > > > Can anyone help me with this? ...

email defaults to personal folder
Hello we have run into a new problem at my work. About 5 new people started recently and the all tried to open their email accounts before they were properly setup. Because no server was entered they now have a top folder called "Personal Folders". What we have been doing to fix the situation is to right click on the outlook icon choose > properties > email accounts > Add a new email account. This method then adds the user's mailbox to outlook. The problem however is that we have lost old calendar information as well as the mail defaults to the personal folder ...

Add a nwe mail folder with new email address
I want to add a new folder within the mail area in Outlook 2003. opened up an additional email account with my IP and want that email t go to a seperate main folder in outlook. Under All Mail Folders I'v got Personal Folders and Hotmail as root folders in the area. I wan to add another root folder for my new email only. Thank you, Crai ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Apart from special accounts like HTTP and IMAP when you collect POP3 then all mess...

Outlook 2000
I'm having a strange Outlook issue and cannot figure it out for the life of me. Our mail server is Exchange 5.5 (can't recall the SP right now), and the Client is Outlook 2000 SR-1. The user can view his primary email box without any troubles, but also has access to another Exchange email box. He can view every folder in it except the Sent Items. The error it returns is "Unable to display the folder". What's strange is he can view the subfolder in Sent Items, no problem. I've configured his email on a different PC, and everything shows up fine, so I know ...

Exchange GAL to Local COntacts Folder Export Script

Emails diverted to Drafts folder
Windows Mail: I'm seeing incoming mail going into the Drafts folder, and outgoing mail saved to the Drafts folder. Not all mail, but a lot of it. The same is happening in Windows 7 with Live Mail using a POP3 ISP account, not Hotmail. On the computers on which I've seen it, it's a relatively recent problem that didn't exist before. Possibly related to some Windows Update? I have some very irritated people badgering me about this and just can't find an answer. Any light on the subject would be warmly welcomed. -- Anna I have not heard of this particular pro...

Creating a task with a duration = sum of all tasks durations
Is it possible to have a task that has a duration equal the sum of the duration for a set of tasks and that has work for that task calculated automatically based on a formula of say number of hours per day times the number of days duration? Duration is not additive but work is. Imagine a summary task that has 3 subtasks, each of which lasts one day. If the three are in parallel, starting together, they all finish at the same timne and all work on the summary is complete since all work on its children is complete, The summary task duration is 1 day. But as to work, each subt...

Public Folder Permissions #36
I need to take ownership of several calender based public folders. I apologize as to the lack of skill here. I have just been handed this job and I am trying to do the best I can. Any and all help would be most appreciated. Thanks Open Exchange system manager, expand admin groups, folder public folder. Locate the folder, properties, permissions, client permissions, add yourself as owner. James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com On Apr 17, 12:32 pm, James <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to take ownership of several calender...

Tracking Tasks
I'm trying to schedule tasks and then track the amount of time I've spent on a given task. The problem is that the "tasks" section of Outlook doesn't seem to allow me to block off the time visually like a regular calendar. In other words, if I want to block off an hour to practice piano, I'd like to see it on my calendar. I don't see how to do that in the "tasks" section, so for now I'm doing it in a calendar. The problem there is that I don't see any way to go back later and calculate for example, how many hours I spent practicing piano in a...

View Tasks in calendar?
Outlook 2003 Can I? I don't mean in that seperate display on the right. Thanks... Bob Only if you create items in your calendar folder either manually or with = a tool like Taskline. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@cox.net> wrote in message = news:JK4xh.6009$gJ1.4000@newsfe17.lga... > Outl...

Viewing multiple excell spreadsheets on the task bar
Why is it that when I have 3 or more excell spreadsheets open they are not all listed on my task bar the only way I can get to them is by going to the window button and selecting the one I want to see, I want to be able to ALT TAB between them and they are not listing them for me in the task bar only the current one I have open? Are you using XP? Sounds like that feature of XP which groups several windows of one application into one spot on the task bar. There may be a way to shut this off in taskbar properties. Click on the task bar and select properties. "Megan" wrote: ...