tasks entered in taskpad don't appear in task folder

All of the tasks that I have entered via the taskpad do not appear in
the task folder, what am I doing wrong or do I have the wrong
expectation?

OL98/WinXP

John Keith
kd0gd@juno.com

0
kd0gd (97)

What view are you using on your Tasks folder?

--=20
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

"John Keith" <kd0gd@juno.com> wrote in message =
| All of the tasks that I have entered via the taskpad do not appear in
| the task folder, what am I doing wrong or do I have the wrong
| expectation?
|=20
| OL98/WinXP
|=20
|=20
| John Keith
| kd0gd@juno.com

0
MillyS (3228)
10/14/2004 3:33:19 AM
>What view are you using on your Tasks folder?

The view was set to "Simple" but none of the other views displayed any
of the tasks I had entered.

John Keith
kd0gd@juno.com

0
kd0gd (97)
10/14/2004 4:07:04 AM
>All of the tasks that I have entered via the taskpad do not appear in
>the task folder, what am I doing wrong or do I have the wrong
>expectation?
>
>OL98/WinXP

I  just found that I have more than one "Tasks" folder. There is one
as a sub-folder under calendar and this is the one that has no tasks
in it. There is another "Tasks" folder at the same level as my
"Calendar" folder and this one does display my tasks.

Can I safely delete the folder that is under the "Calendar" folder?

John Keith
kd0gd@juno.com

0
kd0gd (97)
10/15/2004 12:26:11 PM
John Keith <kd0gd@juno.com> wrote:

> I  just found that I have more than one "Tasks" folder. There is one
> as a sub-folder under calendar and this is the one that has no tasks
> in it. There is another "Tasks" folder at the same level as my
> "Calendar" folder and this one does display my tasks.
>
> Can I safely delete the folder that is under the "Calendar" folder?

I imagine so.
--
Brian Tillman
0

Is there a way to empty the Deleted Items folder by date?
Is there a way to get Outlook to delete items in the Deleted Items folder that have been in there for some period of time (1 week, 1 month, ???)? I know there is a Tools option to empty it on exit, but I sometimes want to recover a file a few days later. FivePoundBag wrote: > Is there a way to get Outlook to delete items in the Deleted Items > folder that have been in there for some period of time (1 week, 1 > month, ???)? > > I know there is a Tools option to empty it on exit, but I sometimes > want to recover a file a few days later. Use AutoArchive. Enable the global...

Contacts appear as mail items
Hi - Contacts from the Exchange server appear as mail items. WebDAV and HTTP Keep Alives are enabled. Any other suggestions to correct the problem? Thanks! Amy Cottrell <acottrell@getapproved.com> wrote: > Hi - Contacts from the Exchange server appear as mail items. WebDAV and > HTTP Keep Alives are enabled. Any other suggestions to correct the problem? This is a limitation in the current version of Entourage. See <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq/exchange_server.html#anchor-exup1>. Note followups...there is an Entourage-specific newsgroup. -- Adam Bailey | ...

how do I have contacts and companies name is tasks
I'm new to outlook, When I create field chooser and have the Company Name & Contact name in fields Sometimes both Company name & Contact name shows up when I schedule a task. (That is what I want) However most of the time only the contact name shows up??? and no Company Name? Does anyone know why this is inconsistant? And How I can display both all the time? Thanks in advance Mike iselltape@cox.net ...

Tasks in Outlook 2002
When I read tasks within the TODAY Window the date for all tasks is one day less than if I view the same task in the TASK Window. I am running Windows XP Anybody encountered this before? ...

SFO CRM folders won't display page
SFO appeared to install correctly. The CRM toolbar buttons work fine in SFO. But when I click on a CRM folder such as accounts, I get the following Action Canceled error. I am running CRM 1.2 and this is on a Windows XP client. I have installed the SP2 and SFO enhancement patches and cleared forms cache in Outlook. I also uninstalled and reinstalled SFO. SFO works fine on all other laptops within our organization. Here is the error which occurs when I select any folder within SFO/CRM. Action canceled Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might ...

Task Manager
My work is based on projects that are email oriented. A specific project is rec'd, forwarded, replied to until it is complete and that email is closed. I am trying to use Task Manager to help organize these emails. I transfer an email to Task Manager by dragging it to the TM icon so that it saves it with the text in place but when I try to forward my response to someone else thru TM, it always forwards as an attachment. I know there is a way to forward these emails so that they show up in someone else's Inbox with the text displayed but I can't figure out how to do it! I ...

Lost Public Folders with Digital ID
Hi, I'm using Exchange 2003 with SP1 and a CA Server. I created my own Digital ID that I installed on my Outlook 2003. Somehow I lost my public folders after the installation. How do I get this back? Please advise. Digital ID is working fine except the above problem. And I got slow response when the root is not offline and subordinate have CRLs to execute. Does root need to be online when CRLs need to be executed? Thanks, Ricky Can you see these folders via another Outlook client? I have never seen a certificate cause public folders to disappear. When you say the root CA is...

Problem with copying and pasting tasks and keeping predecessors in
I am doing a consulting project for an organization that has a bit of an unusual request. We are doing a conversion from an old mail system to Microsoft Exchange 2007. We have developed a checklist for the technicians to follow with about 50 detailed tasks (things like, "Open up Exchange Management Console", "Assure the 'Forward' Button is unchecked", etc.). The CIO expects me to enter each of the tasks from the checklist into the project plan. Instead of having a line on the project plan with a task, "Covert Leroy Smith's Mailbox" wi...

task pool in outlook/exchange
Is it possible to have a shared "task pool" where there a bunch of tasks assigned to no one, but which people take or a manager assigns? We are using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003, but can upgrade if this feature exists in 2007. Thanks, Dino it is not a feature in outlook or exchange 2007. you could use a public folder or a SharePoint list for this. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: da...

OUTLOOK TASKS #4
EVERYTIME I TRY TO OPEN THE TASKS ON MY OUTLOOK THE HOURGLASS APPEARS FOR A FEW SECONDS AND THEN IT SAYS MICROSOFT OUTLOOK HAS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO CLOSE. WE ARE SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. IT DOES THIS EVERYTIME! HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED THIS PROBLEM OR KNOW HOW TO FIX IT? (IT JUST ALL OF A SUDDEN STARTED DOING THIS AFTER MONTHS OF WORKING JUST FINE!) THE TECHNICAL ERROR SIGNATURE IS AS FOLLOWS: APPNAME: OUTLOOK.EXE MODVER: 10.0.2627.1 APPVER: 10.0.2627.1 OFFSET: 001EE955 MODNAME: OUTLIIB.DLL THANKS! ...

Task Update in PWA 2007
Hi, Is it possible to enter some actual in the My Tasks page of PWA 2007, for example to enter some percent complete, then to get the progress of that task in all the PWA views without any validation via Project Professional? If so, how? Thanks for your help! Xiao -- No, this is not possible. Even though the PM can create a Rule to automatically accept the task update, the system DOES NOT publish the update after accepting it. And if the update to the schedule isn't published, it is not visible anywhere in PWA. In conjunction with rules, a software developer...

Profits of IE 7.0 to 8.0 update if usage for adminstrative tasks only
OS: XP, Vista and 7 Case: IE used for administrative tasks only, never for web browsing What are the benefits of upgrading the IE from 7.x to 8.x in this case ? This FAQ answers common enterprise customer questions about Windows Internet Explorer 8. "Windows Internet Explorer 8 FAQ for Business" http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e1da2f8c-f982-4cae-a83a-831188e57df9&displaylang=en --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est kakii wrote: > > OS: XP, Vista and 7 > Case: IE used for administrative tasks only, never for web browsing &...

Error can't empty clipboard appears when trying to copy. #2

Public Folders replicas
I move mailbox and public folder from an old server to new server (Exchange 2000). I follow the instructions on the KB 307917, for public folder. Accindentally, I uninstal Exchange 2000 on the old server before to remove public folders replicas on the new exchange server. Outlook client can work on the public folders of new server, but I can not work with public folder (to remove public folders replicas) with Exchange System Manager (ESM). How I can proceed?? I must to follow the KB 275171???? Who can help me? What is the specific errror you are seeing in ESM? Are you using ESM on the ...

Unable To Access Folders From Outlook Today
I have Outlook 2002 which I have installed and uninstalled a couple of times due to expirimenting with different OS's. If I set up my folders in Outlook Today: Inbox, Saved Items, Tasks, etc., I get an error message "Outlook unable to access the folders." I can however access all my folders from the drop down menu. Could someone point me to the configuration files that might be at fault or a way to rememdy the situation. I would like to start using Outlook as my default email and calendar program once again, but really like the Outlook Today feature. Have been using Ubuntu Linux ...

Can I search for a FOLDER
Hi, Is there a way to search for a FOLDER in Outlook (2002)? If I have hundreds of sub folders within folders and forgot where I put one specific folder, is there a way to search for this folder? I seem to be able to search for e- mail items in specific folders but not for folders themselves. Any ideas? Thanks. Kikilein Nope, you can't search by folder. Advanced Find has an "In folder" option on the advanced tab you could use to find all messages in the folder (search the entire mailbox), but you won't find the folder path. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Aut...

Programmatically access a specific process in Task Manager?
Is there some way to open up the task manager to a specific application? I need to programmatically adjust a particular application priority and affinity. I can do it with a script if that application can be programmatically highlighted when task manager is opened. The problem is trying to get that application highlighted. My current method is to arrange by memory usage and move to the top of the list, since the application uses a lot of memory. But it does not always use the most memory. I could move to the top of the list and then press the first letter (key) of that applica...

Send email using Ctrl-Enter?
Hi! I'm using Outlook 2002 (10.6515.6714) SP3. My colleagues can use Ctrl-Enter to send an email. In earlier versions that was possible, but not any longer. Any ideas? TIA. /Ankan (remove x to reply) "Ankan" <redzingox@home.se> wrote in message news:ekdtJPS$EHA.1400@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi! > > I'm using Outlook 2002 (10.6515.6714) SP3. > > My colleagues can use Ctrl-Enter to send an email. > In earlier versions that was possible, but not any longer. > Any ideas? In Outlook, open its help and search on "keyboard shortcuts" ...

Synchronizing Folders on RPC over HTTPS
Hello -- I have a user in the field who has both a VPN connecting and his Outlook 2003 is also set-up for RPC over HTTPS. When he connects through the VPN, all of his folders get synchronized -- however, when he has the VPN off, and he's connecting through HTTPS, all of his folders do not get synchronized. We are using a Single Server Exchange Server 2003 and a Windows Server 2003 Domain. Also, his mail box is 609MB --- does HTTPS run slower than a VPN connection? Thanks! -Blake On Wed, 25 May 2005 10:31:34 -0400, "Galvanon" <galvanon@online.nospam> wrote: &g...

password protect personal folders in Outlook xp
How to password protect personal folders in Outlook xp "Dolly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08b801c3b326$6312ee20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How to password protect personal folders in Outlook xp "Dolly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08b801c3b326$6312ee20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How to password protect personal folders in Outlook xp Right-Click on Outlook Today shortcut, choose Properties, go to Advanced and click on Change Password. Obviously the Old password will be blank! HTH >Right-Click...

Outlook 2000: One Way Sharing of Info using Net Folder
Folks: I'm having an odd sort of one-way net folder experience in trying to share a calendar. I see hints of this in other netnews articles, but never a clear resolution. I'm hoping this is a well-known problem/fix. Here is the configuration: PC 1 (aka BOSS) windows 2000 outlook 2000 mail: pop3 from UNIX box -- no exchange server account for this machine net folders loaded via Microsoft Office Setup ASSISTANT has a "Contacts" entry on this machine that is coded as "Always Send RTF" PC 2 (aka ASSISTANT) windows 2000...

Want sent email to go somewhere other than sent folder
When I send a new message or reply to a message; I want it to not go in my "sent" folder rather to specified folders. I have tried creating rules and something does not work right. I turned off the "keep a copy in the send folder". There must be some combination I am not getting. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks T. There is no mechanism to do this. You can apply message rules to the = sent items folder manually after the messages have been sent. steve "twaaaa" <twaaaa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:56D0F751-04A...

Task list sorting?
I have entered a DUE DATE for several tasks. List sorts by this just fine. If I enter a new task with a due date - in the past - seems like it should sort to the top - but no - it sorts to just AFTER any others with dates. How do I get a true sort by any due date? Thx. JDS As a very general answer: click the column header to sort. I have no idea what you are looking at by the way. Which version? Which folder? Which view? I hope this helps you at least a little bit! Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Outlook trainer and author of Productiv_IT with Outlook read my articles here: www.judygl...

entering recurring appointments as daily entries
Hi i use outlook calendar, and most of my entries are recurring appointments,(holiday unit bookings). I recently bought a blackberry, and has a problem with recurring appointments and only shows the first day. Is there a way of easily entering a appointment, repeating it , say for 6 days, but having the appointments recorded as single day entries. thanks tim you could possibly copy a single appointment to each of the days. Just right-click drag and drop in the Date Navigator and choose Copy. it can be tricky. -- Bill Rodgers MVP "Tim" <adslk4at@tpg.com.au> wrote in...

E2K3
In Exchange 2003, what is best method for granting a user full access to a public folder and its sub folders. In Exchange 5.5, the Exchange admin console offered a feature to grant a user righs to a public folder and all its sub folder. I cannot find a similar feature in the Exchange 2003 server console. Thanks. On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 10:41:02 -0700, "DrWho" <DrWho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 2003, what is best method for granting a user full access to a >public folder and its sub folders. In Exchange 5.5, the Exchange admin >console offered a ...