Tasks - Can not locate the fields in which the recurrence information is kept?

I went to a table view for my tasks,
went to the Field Chooser and chose "All Task Fields"
I wanted to select the fields related to the recurrence of tasks...
I "assumed" they would be similar to the calendar fields/functions:
Recurrence range start & end dates, recurrence pattern, etc...

but... I can not find any fields to add to my table view to display
the information of this sort...
I have repeating tasks, is there a way to display the information
related to how they "repeat"?

Sorry if I am missing something silly, I had no problems setting this
view up for my calendar appts.

0
Jim5941

You're not finding anything, because there is nothing to find. The recurrence
pattern information is not stored in simple fields that can be displayed in a
view.
 The only thing you can do is distinguish recurring tasks from those that
are not recurring by grouping on the Is Recurring field.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

On Feb 2, 1:27=A0am, Sue Mosher [MVP] <sue...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You're not finding anything, because there is nothing to find. The recurr=
ence
> pattern information is not stored in simple fields that can be displayed =
in a
> view. =A0
> =A0The only thing you can do is distinguish recurring tasks from those th=
at
> are not recurring by grouping on the Is Recurring field.
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> =A0 =A0Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming:
> =A0 =A0 =A0Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators
> =A0 =A0http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=3D54

Dang ...
It sure does seem odd that Microsoft would not allow users to view
their data with that kind of that granularity ....

BUT ... I thank the messenger  ;-)
Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge Sue!

Jim
0
Jim5941

Sorting & Grouping On Multiple Fields
Hello, can anyone help me with this? I have four fields in a table call Team1, Team2, Team3 & Team4. Each of the fields are linked to a lookup table that has 22 team names. Persons in the database can be a part of up to four team. I wish to group my report by the 22 teams. My problem is how do I tell my report to check all four fields for each of the 22 team names before it starts to group. For example a person can be in a team call "Hawk" and that is listed in the field call Team1, while another person can also be in "Hawk" but have that listed in the field ...

Push single contact field data into prepared excel workbook
I am new to macros but ameager to get some formulated to help run my small business. I have been trying to find some code which suits my requirement of pushing signgular fields from a contact into a pre-prepared excel book which is loaded with the next stage of macro-powered automation. I recieve enquiries both via email and by phone. I use my blackberry to save phone enquiries to address book and Anagram for Blackberry to capture the required contact data from our email enquiry form. Both are then synchronised with my Outlook contacts. Either from the point of creation, or through ...

Can you move a page from one publication to another?
Is there a way to pick up a page from another publisher document and move it into the one you are currently creating? Select all, copy, and paste. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Melis" <Melis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE2DE89E-E052-4A56-9E62-79C8528450D4@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to pick up a page from another publisher document and move > it > into the one you are currently creating? ...

how to change default delivery location to my new pst file
dear all. my user has outlook 2000 sp3 running on windows 2000. i have change the default delivery location to my new pst file in account manager, but it did not work, new email is delivered to old pst file. do you have any idea on resolving this issue?? Try renaming the old .pst to .old and then retry it when Outlook is opened - point it to the new .pst file. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, sf= asked: | dear al...

Clear rows where field contains a negative sign
I have a procedure called that looks for a negative sign (*-*) in the D column for all records. If it exists, the entire row is deleted. The procedure below works well for this situation, BUT when there are no records with the negative sign in the D column it deletes the first record in row 1. The Range somehow is set for the value in the D column for row 1. I have been unable to stop this so far. Does anyone have a way to not delete row one if the filter is not met? Here is the procedure: Sub CleanCancelledChks() Dim r As Range With ActiveSheet ActiveSheet.Columns(&...

Tasks with no due date at the bottom?
Is there any way to convince Outlook 2000 to show tasks with no due date at the bottom of the task list -- when the sort is on by due date, ascending? I know if it's sorted by due date descending, the no-due-date tasks will be at the bottom, but that's just not it; what I need is a view sorted by due date, ascending, with no-due-date tasks at the bottom. I suppose it seems quite logical: the closes due dates on top, the farthest due dates lower down the list, the ones without due dates at the very bottom. I would love to do the same with Outlook 2003. I think the answer is that...

Outlook 2002 Vcard attachment shows as a .msg file-opens but no information
I am receiving forwarded attachments as a Vcard file from a contact list. It shows up as an envelope on the attachment and as a .msg file. It opens but there is no information there other than a name. Is there a setting in Outlook that is incorrect or is this something to do with a setting in the Microsoft Exchange Server Administrative Rules. I have searched the knowledge base and cannot find any specific answers yet. Anyone have any feedback on this or the same problem? Help! Thanks. Carl ...

How can I have an initial zero in an Excel cell?

How can I shrink a flyer to print two to a page?
I am using Microsoft Publisher and I can't seem to get it to print two whole flyers on one page. I tried using the two page spread option in the view tab- but this just gets a portion of the center twice? How can I get the publisher to do this? CS Flower wrote: > I am using Microsoft Publisher and I can't seem to get it to print > two whole flyers on one page. I tried using the two page spread > option in the view tab- but this just gets a portion of the center > twice? How can I get the publisher to do this? ===================================== What if y...

Can't open database window using shift key...
Hi there, I have an Access database that I distribute to my client on CDROM. The start up options of the database are set so that the database window is not visible to the users. When the database is updgraded the database manager copies it from the CDROM to the relavant PC and then uses the shift key on opening in order to display the database window and link to the tables in the existing back-end. This procedure has been done many many times without a problem... BUT last week he found that holding down the shift key whilst opening the database no longer opened the database window and leave...

Fill null fields from last record non-null in that field
Access 2000 -- I have a database table which is built from an import from a text file. I want to fill blank fields in records from the last previous record that has a value in that, and then when Access encounters a new record with a value in it, have this pasted into the fields below it. Now, it looks like this: 1 "0010099" 2 3 5 "0010100" 6 7 8 9 10 "0010101" 11 12 I want it to look like this: 1 "0010099" 2 "0010099 3 "0010099 5 "0010100" 6 "0010100" 7 "0010100" 8 "0010100" 9 "0...

Can't see printers in directory
Hello, The shared and network printers aren't showing up in the directories of the workstations. On XP machines, the network printer does show, but no shared printers. On Windows 7, no printers show. I need to get this resolved. Thanks for any help and God Bless, Mark A. Sam Hello Mark, Which directories are you talking about? How did you add the printers to the machines? Please describe some more details. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, ...

lead source field not populating during import
I added more choises to the lead source pull down. Restarted IIS. When I go into CRM they show up fine and I can choose them for a new lead. However I am importing leads (using Scribe) and I cannot get this field to populate. If I assign the number value associated with each pull down choice I get the number in that field. If I put nothing in that field to import when I go into CRM only the original choices for the pull downs are there, not the ones I added. I know I published them because I can see them if I'm just adding a lead from within CRM Any suggestions anyone. Hi...

task pad #2
What is the difference between these 2 Task Pad views in Outlook 2003: -All Tasks -Today's Tasks Thanks All Tasks also shows completed Tasks. "Dorothy" <Dorothy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D29D1515-954A-450D-9CD0-B832DC7DA088@microsoft.com... > What is the difference between these 2 Task Pad views in Outlook 2003: > > -All Tasks > -Today's Tasks > > Thanks ...

Title Field
Is it possible to change the column type of the 'Title' field in my SharePoint list for example, to a 'Choice' field? I don't really need a 'Title' field, but of course I need to have the 'Edit menu' option on one of the fields, and I don't want it to be a 'single line of text'. Any help would be appreciated. -- Thanks, Rob E. I wouldn't recommend messing with the title column. It's a system column and it's better to be left alone. What you can do however: 1) Hide the Title column See: http://ferraradata.co...

Please Help...I can not send/receive or delete email on outlook 2000
It gives an the following errors" Error has been detected in the file C:|Windoews\Outlook.pst. quit all mail applications and then use Inbox Repair tool." I spent hours tring to find a solution on the support section. Couldn't find it.. Thank you so much for help.. What size is yr *.pst? OL prior to 2003 can have problems when greater than 1.7gb The inbox repair tool is scanpst.exe If oversize; http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296088 David "Daniel" <dqiab@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:05a401c3676d$0ef74c50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > It gives an the follow...

Can you still run Clip Gallery in Publisher 2003?
I just recently upgraded from Publisher 2000 to 2003, and now I can't figure out how to use Clip Gallery. I gave up & copied my clip gallery files to my hard drive, and ran Clip Organizer, but none of the keywords "stuck", so I can't search for clips using keywords anymore. I'm not real keen on searching thru thousands of thumbnails for an appropriate clip, so for now I'm finding my clips in Home Publisher, then copying and pasting into my Publisher 2003 documents. Publisher 2003 help makes a reference to still being able to run Clip Gallery, but gives no i...

Can't upgrade HQ to 2.00
I try to upgrade HQ database from 1.3 reresh to 2.00 but I have Error "An error occurred while attempting ti upgrade the database 'DF_Configuration_SoftwareValidation1' is not a constraint " How should I do? Help me plz. >_<" -- TOY2TOY ...

Add CRM 'Subject' look-up field to the Phone, Email, and Task form 01-30-06
Is it possible to add CRM 'Subject' look-up field to the Phone, Email, and Task forms? Existing Category and Sub-Category fields sound like they should be linked to it. A good example would be Membership as a Category and Application as sub-category (Membership being a subject and Application being a sub-subject). Yes, this is possible. You will need to create a new entity called i.e. Email Subject and then create a 1 to many relationship between email and this new entity. "mkatsev" wrote: > Is it possible to add CRM 'Subject' look-up field to the Phone, E...

Believe it...You can be rich with only $910 investment !!!
<HTML> <HEAD> <META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft DHTML Editing Control"> <TITLE></TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <P>Hi,</P> <P>If anyone interested to find out what can $910 do for you, please go to below URL to view the online presenation.</P> <P><A href="http://thegloballink.biz/ui2u.html">http://thegloballink.biz/ui2u.html</A></P> <P>You won't regret if you view the presentation.</P> <P>Thanks</P> <P>Elvin Loh</P> <P><A href...

Can't Import old files
I have a system crash and had to re-install XP. My Outlook express files are on a other drive. I had that because of other experience. That worked verry good. But now i want to import my old emails and i can't get them!! I can't acces the files. I have already looked into the help in different sites but no sollution yet. I cant copy,rename, the files. I tried to get them back with DBxpress (recover program) but also that program can't open the files. It look like that the files are protected with a NO write/read function. I can deleted the files but thats not a option till i ha...

How can I use Outlook in two computers (my PC and my laptop)? I o.
How can I use Outlook in two computers (my PC and my laptop)? I can only see my incoming emails in my PC, but not in my laptop; even though I have configured Outlook in both computersto received the incoming emails to my university account. "osiris" <osiris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C5ACFC5-3859-4FB0-BC20-3AC7A9B5F6A3@microsoft.com... > How can I use Outlook in two computers (my PC and my laptop)? I can only > see > my incoming emails in my PC, but not in my laptop; even though I have > configured Outlook in both computersto received th...

Using SQL Query to mass update a field.
Having a problem in eOrder where the pictures are not showing up. I found out the Inventory image in internet information is mapped to a drive letter. If I remove the drive letter, I can see the picture in eOrder. I would like to mass update the SY01200 INET4 field and change all from f:\inventory pictures\image.jpg to image.jpg (where image.jpg is the file name). It sounds like I need to create a cursor script but am not sure how to do this. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks. Backup you data first. You might be able to use DTS to trim the data with a string transformation. Or you ...

Even after switching to newView . previousView can be seen
I am working on an SDI application. It has 3 views(With corresponding buttons to open them).When i switched from 2nd to 3rd view...I can see the 2nd view between the gaps of controls on 3rd view.I think the 2nd view is not completely erased. Pls suggest me What to do..its urgent Thanks Are you remembering to hide the 2nd view when you show the 3rd view? Perhaps even destroying the 2nd view when you create the third view? How are you displaying the views? Peter "vani" <vanisri@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:088401c38eb3$a61d63e0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I...

Save data in a worksheet in fixed length fields...
I have data in a worksheet (Office 2000) which I would like to export in fixed length format for importing into another application. Is there a way to use column settings or a wizard to export the file in correct format rather than exporting and then having to do signficant editing before I can import the file into the other application? one way: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html#fixedfield In article <9C97DB7F-65EB-4438-926E-23906D56E75D@microsoft.com>, dietzd <dietzd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have data in a worksheet (Office 2000) which ...