tasks #7

How can I view my task in outlook when I'm outside the
office?  Under tasks properties is a homepage tab, what
is that do?

Thanks.
0
anonymous (74722)

Don't really know what you mean by "when I'm outside the office". Do you
connect to an Exchange server? If so, you can use Outlook Web Access if your
admin has enabled it. If you use standalone Outlook, all your data is on
that computer and you can't see it unless you're in front of it.

rml wrote:
> How can I view my task in outlook when I'm outside the
> office?  Under tasks properties is a homepage tab, what
> is that do?
>
> Thanks.

0
lanwench (7567)
5/19/2004 1:20:15 PM
You can't unless your admins have it configured for you (POP3, IMAP or OWA).

The homepage tab can be used to display a webpage instead of mail items.
This way you can set your favorite website to show when you click on a
certain folder.

--
Roady [MVP]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Setting Permissions on a Mailbox

-----
"rml" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I view my task in outlook when I'm outside the
> office?  Under tasks properties is a homepage tab, what
> is that do?
>
> Thanks.

0
Roady

budget #7
When I set up my budget making all of the items yearly budget items, it figure out what the items income or expense would be per month. Then when I look at yearly reports it transfers the money per month back to a yearly total. The problem is that many of my items are off by a few cents--instead of being $2500 dollars they end up being 2499.96. I know why this is happening and it ends up being only a few cents different, but I am putting our church finances in Money and the quality of the report forms is important. Can anyone give me any advice? Thanks ...

password upon drilling-down in FRx 6.7
Hello: When an end user drills-down into an account in FRx 6.7, it makes her enter a password every time. I have known that FRx will, indeed, prompt for a password upon drilling-down into the transaction detail—but not upon drilling down into an account. Other users that she works with claim that they do not have to enter a password when drilling into an account. And, she says that she is indeed just drilling down into an account and not into the underlying transaction detail. Does anyone know of a way to prevent this password prompting when drilling down into an account, in any ca...

Assigned tasks
Hi all I am having difficulties in assigning tasks from the Outlook client, works fine in the web client. We have recently upgraded from V1.2 to V3.0. In the old version I could assign tasks but after the upgrade I can not assign tasks (within outlook), I get the following error: "assigned tasks are not supported in MS CRM. This item will no longer be linked to Microsoft CRM." when I try to send a task after assigning it to another CRM user. Has anyone got a fix to this I have recently upgraded to the latest service pack, I seem to be one of a very few that this is happening...

margins #7
Publisher 2003 I have set margins to 0 as I want to print to the edge of the page. Printing to PDF works fine, but in print preview, the "viewer" in Publisher still shows margins, ie not giving a true picture of the final document. Not wanting to print to PDF each time I want to see what the document looks like, is there any way to correct this? Tutorial: Finding your Maximum Print Area http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us...

Macro Help #7
Dear Experts I hope someone could help me with a macro. I have to reconcile the fuel stock I have in the depot on a daily basis. This includes fuel amount at start of day and end of day, fuel issues to vehicles, receipts into the tanks, density and temperature of the fuel etc. I use an Excel 2000 worksheet for this work. I would like a macro button that would copy a summary of the relevant data to a second worksheet on a daily basis as I just overwrite the data on my reconcile worksheet (Dip) from the previous day. For the first of the month it should copy the date in cell A1 and t...

Can't find my tasks
Hi I got a problem. My tasks don't show under My Tasks - I can only see them under Outlook today. I think that the problem shall be found on the exchange server because I got the problem on to computers Sorry my bad English Troels Check your view settings on your Tasks folder to make sure you aren't filtering/hiding stuff. Troels Astrup wrote: > Hi > > I got a problem. My tasks don't show under My Tasks - I can only see > them under Outlook today. > > I think that the problem shall be found on the exchange server > because I got the problem on to comput...

Programmatically access a specific process in Task Manager?
Is there some way to open up the task manager to a specific application? I need to programmatically adjust a particular application priority and affinity. I can do it with a script if that application can be programmatically highlighted when task manager is opened. The problem is trying to get that application highlighted. My current method is to arrange by memory usage and move to the top of the list, since the application uses a lot of memory. But it does not always use the most memory. I could move to the top of the list and then press the first letter (key) of that applica...

New Task Requests Not Resource Leveling Properly
We are running Project Server 2007 and Project Profesional 2007 with the latest server packs. A user requests a "New Task" from their "My Tasks" PWA page. The Project Manager accepts this NewTask and it gets added to the Project Schedule. If the Project Manager then Resource Levels the schedule, that "New Task" gets moved out in time for no apparent reason. It is as if extra delay has been added without the knowledge of the Project Manager. Any clues or reasons on why this is happening? Answered same post yesterday: Is the new task linked to ...

How do you get the company name to appear in the task list?
I go to a contact and assign a task but the company name does not appear in the task list. Any folder view shows only the data in that folder, even though Outlook = lets you think otherwise by allowing you to add fields from different = types of items in the folder. The task contains no company name = information unless you add it manually or write a little VBA code. For = an example, see http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=3D566 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outloo...

Counting Difference in # Days in MS Outlook Tasks?!
I am trying to Count the Difference in the # Days between: 1. The date [Created] and the [Date Completed] and for items not completed: 2. The date [Created] and todays date. I am working to try and add a column in the Tasks Window to show these numbers. Any help is greatly appreciated. I think you should try this way: show the fields you need in a table view. Select all of the entries, grab and drag to a new Excel spreadsheet. Do the calculation of date differences between two columns of dates in Excel (and no I don't know how to but it will do it!) Regards Judy Gleeson MVP ...

Date formatting #7
Hope someone can help me with this. I have two colums's of date and time i.e. Cell H12 has "05/02/2008 11:03" and Cell N12 has "07/03/2008 11:35" H13:H60 and N13:N60 has more times I need to find the difference between these two times in hours and have it in Cell O12 The problem i'm having is as follows, I need it to be hours in working days, i.e Monday - Friday 8AM - 6PM. Is this possible? Looking forward to any help possible, thanks, Niall. =(NETWORKDAYS(H12,N12)-(WEEKDAY(H12,2)<=5)-(WEEKDAY(N12,2)<=5))*10+ ((("18:00"-MIN("18:00&...

Windows 7 HP upgrade 32 to 64 bit?
I have recently upgraded Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 to Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit. My desktop has 3.37 GB usable RAM and I am now considering doing a clean install to 64 bit. Is this possible using the Microsoft upgrade CD, please? -- plod A clean install is the only way you can go from 32-bit to 64-bit. Boot with the 64-bit disc and let it find the current installation then delete the partition with 32-bit Win 7 and proceed from there. On 2010-02-27 16:00, plod wrote: > I have recently upgraded Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 to Windows 7 > Home Premiu...

reacurance task to have automaticly a reminder
When I have task set to reacurre, when I mare it done it would regenarate but with out a reminder. Any help would be appriciated. ( I allreade posted this in another trend (How do I setup daily reminders with task) ...

double entries in tasks and reminders
every time i enter a 1 task it displays 2 identical tasks. also when a reminder from my calaneder dispays it displays it twice. If i click on one to snooze of delete both identical entries disappear. does anyone have any idea why this might be happening and suggestions at getting rid of the problem. any help would be appreciated. thanks. outlook 2007 windows vista home premium -- paul I am new to the forum and found this post by searching google. I am having the same issue. It seems to have just started a couple of weeks ago and I've been using it for the last 8 months or so. ...

date #7
using 2007 when doing fill down the date changes from 28.03.08 to 28.03.09 any idea why??? AFD Do you not see my reply of yesterday? Here it is again............................. What are the settings for Short Date under your Windows Regional Seetings. 28.03.08 may not be a valid date and is treated as text. What happens when you enter a date such as 3/23/08 and copy down? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 01:41:46 +0300, "afdmello" <afdmello@hotmail.com> wrote: >using 2007 > >when doing fill down the date changes from 28.03.08 to...

Task Form
Hello, I am using Outlook 2002 and designing a task form (I am a newbie). I have dragged and dropped build in fields on to the tabs and published the form. When I start a task based on this form the fields such as "date created" or any other field that should autocomplete isn't. It is just void. thanks. Regards, Daniel The Created date won't be set until you save the item.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Adminis...

catalog merge #7
OK, I have a lot of genealogical images that I have cataloged in an Access database. I've successfully merged them in Publisher 2003 and created a catalog that shows the photo with all the related detail. My question is: now that I've created this merge, I would like to add more images and information to the database. Can I use the design of the catalog I've already created to make a new catalog - such as in a template, or do I have to use the wizard to completely re-create a new catalog design every time I change the database? Sure you can, when you open the catalog wizard,...

how do i update assigned tasks when completed
I get an email back to say the task is complete but it hasn't updated the task on my list with the information. Do i have to update it myself? If a copy of the task remains in the sent folder and its not updated when you open the update message, yes, you need to do it yourself. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSL...

Newbie- Subtask duration not driving main task duration
Just started with Project 2007 last week and I already have an issue! Let's say I create a task, then put some subtasks under it (indented). If I put in a duration for one of the subtasks at 5 days, the blue bar for the subtask extends 5 days, but the main task stays at the default 1 day. It doesn't matter if I open a new project, open a project someone else sends me, etc., same thing happens. However, if I send my Project to someone else, everything looks as it should. I assume I have some kind of formatting or filtering issue, but I'm not experienced enough in p...

Convert Interbase 7 tables into Access 2000
Hello, Do you know an easy way to get Interbase 7 tables in an Access 2000 mdb ? Thanks, Eddy Hello, If there's no way to export the data to Access from Interbase then you would have to save the data in Interbase tables as one of the file formats that Access can import such as Excel, Text, Dbase, etc. Hope this helps! Ki ...

tasks reminder
hello everybody, my user complain that when she try to postpone a task, she don't have anymore the reminder about that task. i.e. : now it's 11.00am, she create a task with reminder on 03.00pm, when the reminder pop up, she edit the task and set it at 05.00pm... and she don't get any reminders anymore. Can anybody help me on this thanks in advance P. ...

5.7.1
'support@insight.com' on 1/12/2005 10:28 AM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <*.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <support@insight.com>... Access denied> i seem to be able to send to some domains but not to others i am also getting non-delivery reports of 5.4.0 and 5.1.8 Ask the administrator of that site whats going on or google the RBL websites and lookup whether your domain has been blacklisted. On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:29:05 -0800, "Derek B. Moore [MCP]" <DerekBMoore...

Epson Action Laser & Win 7-64 bit
I think the answer is using my AL 1500 is a lost cause, but here goes. I have this fancy new custom built PC with Win7- 64 bit HP and I love it and the OS so far. What I didn't realize when I ordered the PC with the Asus motherboard is that there's no parallel port. My 15 yr old Epson Action Laser 1500 is my workhorse, but I haven't been able to trick Windows into thinking it's an HP LaserJet III like some folks have been able to do. I got an LPT to USB cable and in hooking it up, Windows shows Unidentified Printing Device, and "this device is working p...

Additional Priorities for Tasks?
I have seen posts that state that the only way to get more options for task priorities other than high, normal and low, is to add a custom field. I don't really know how to do that. Is there an add-in out there that would help in this area? Thanks! You can do an awful lot with Categories as well as Priority. If you're not using Categories for Tasks, have a look at them. Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Trainer and Consultant read my articles here: www.judygleeson.com Canberra, Australia how to post questions: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555375 "mtbcpa" <mtbcpa@yaho...

How do I replicate calendar, task information between profiles
hi, I have several profiles in my outlook, each for a POP email account. However, I would like to share the information in the calendar and task for all the profile. Is it possible? thanks! "silverfish" <tommytwh@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1138154105.474995.116390@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > hi, > > I have several profiles in my outlook, each for a POP email account. > However, I would like to share the information in the calendar and task > for all the profile. Is it possible? > > thanks! > See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olshar...