Task List - can Outlook XP show tasks in "Inbox" view ?

A great convenience would be to show the task list as well as my
inbox. Any way to show it ? TIA

~~N~~

Not until Office 2007.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, ~~Nightcrawler~~ asked:

| A great convenience would be to show the task list as well as my
| inbox. Any way to show it ? TIA
|
| ~~N~~

0
MillyS (3228)

Outlook 2003

Sorting Inbox by size creates blank messages
I am using Outlook 2003. I have attached my hotmail to the inbox. When I sort on the "Size" Column, I lose half of my messages and then it shows a blank row w/ "None" in the recieved date column. Any ideas what is causing this? It makes it annoying since I can not sort by size anymore. Thanks. ...

Outlook Inbox problem #3
A weird thing is happenng in the last 2 weeks- when I reply to an e-mail the original e-mail sent to me disappears from my inbox!! The reply and original are in my Sent items. What is going on and how can I stop it! EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Using Reflection to Create a Data Access Class http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/0763b128-4bf4-4d12-8892-134b46b44f20/using-reflection-to-creat.aspx <Christine bellamy> wrote in message news:2009101975551chris.bellamy22@btinternet.com... >A weird thing is happenng in the last 2 weeks- when I reply to an e-ma...

inbox messages older than 3 days are deleted from my inbox how do.
Not even our computer tech can figure out why my inbox messages are deleted completely from outlook after 3 days. Nothing was changed it just started happening a few weeks ago. They are not archived they just disappear. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? "LJ" <LJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94B321F7-08B4-4B6C-B3D4-DFF69BF64EF1@microsoft.com... > Not even our computer tech can figure out why my inbox messages are deleted > completely from outlook after 3 days. Nothing was changed it just started > happening a few weeks ag...

outlook inbox #8
For some reason I am require to refresh my inbox before I can see any new arriving emails. How can I fix this? OL2002: You Cannot Receive New E-mail Notifications in Environments That Use the Network Address Translation: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305572&Product=ol2002 Windows XP-Based Clients Do Not Receive "New Mail" Notification Messages After You Install Service Pack 1: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815052&Product=ol2002 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion int...

Disappearing InBox items
Windows 2000, Office 2000 User has been having issues with e-mail being deleted. I deleted her profile, checked all other folders, detect and repair, turned off Auto Archive, checked to see if she was in cache mode, checked for rules and filters. I monitored her mail today logging in as her..there was mail. I was still monitoring the mail and it disappeared out of nowhere. She is not hitting popups or deleting her mail..is there something on the server that is creating a rule or auto-archiving of some kind that I can research. Is it possible that the messages are being quarantined..is there...

How do I keep my Inbox to default to Not showing in groups?
What is the default for Outlook 2010 beta to NOT show e-mails in groups? You'll probably want to google around for the MS forum for the Office 2010 beta as it is a beta and not yet widely in use. You'll be able to get an answer faster and it may end up turning into a bug that needs to be fixed. Also, there's probably information on the 2010 Help file on reporting issues. "Don't Show Inbox in Groups" <Don't Show Inbox in Groups@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D88C166B-3CEC-476C-B778-C802DAEA09DA@microsoft.com... > What is...

Corrupted Inbox Message
I have a message in my inbox that is unable to be deleted. It is causing an error in my nightly tape backup that is causing the backup job as having failed when in reality only this message was not backed up. My computer is connected to an SBS 2000 server and the mail is stored in my inbox. How do I get rid of this message? I have already run ISINTEG and ESEUTIL on the information store and the "priv1.edb" - the database integrity is OK. Thank you, Kelly Holland have you tried to do a shift delete? if that doesn't work, try using exmerge to archive the message out ...

Outlook 2007-exchange issue..inbox doesn't show new mails when offline!
Hi I have outlook 2007 (Beta 2) installed and I connect to my office exchange server(2003) as well. Incoming mails from internet get routed to my local pst. Mails from exchange server keep sitting in my exchange mailbox-inbox, which I manually copy to my pst inbox (as is a known issue with Beta 2). Yesterday, for the first time I downloaded mails from home. Outlook downloaded all mails and the unread mail count increased....however, it just wouldn't show the new mails received. All it showed was my earlier mails downloaded while I was still connected to exchange server. Now I came to wo...

IMAP folder's Inbox appears to open in a quasi autopreview mode
Why does my IMAP Outlook folder's inbox repeatedly open in a quasi AutoPreview mode in that some but not all messages appear to be displayed as autopreview displays messages. I have it configured to open in Preview mode which works but it also is displaying some messages in autopreview mode at the same time. Note: This doesn't happen with a pop3 email account's inbox. It seems to only happen with the inbox of an IMAP account's personal folder. Does anyone know hoe to fix this? Richard E. Maier Community Legal Services Inc. I.T. Manager ...

multiple email accounts in separate inboxes #2
RE: multiple email accounts in separate inboxes I have several email accounts I need to set up. I would like to store each email account in a different inbox. I'm not sure the best way to approach this is. Maybe each one has a different .pst folder or maybe some other way is better. They are all POP accounts. Any suggestions on how to do this? I'm running Windows XP Pro and Outlook 2003 via Office 2003. Thanks. Michael Vestel San Francisco, CA 94110 I run several different email accounts and I just created sub folders withing my inbox. Then I set up prcessing rules on ea...

Hide "All Mail Folders" pane? Rename inboxes?
I'm using Outlook 2003 in Windows XP. I have three email accounts, one university IMAP account, one POP3 account, and a Bluebottle.com account. I currently filter my IMAP email by having it autoforwarded to the Bluebottle address. This means that I have three folders, but I only want to see two of them (the filtered one and the POP3). I have those in my "Favorite Folders" pane, but everything is still in my "All Mail Folders" pane. Is there any way to hide this pane so that I only have to look at the favorite folders? Second, I would like to rename my inboxe...

Outlook 2002 Inbox
I am using Outlook 2002 with Windows 98 for one of my e- mail accounts. As of today mail goes into the Inbox but does not open up. The only way I can read the mail is to go to Advanced Find. Yesterday everything was working fine. My server is AOL and I am using AOL2POP in order to use OUtlook. I tried detect and repair, and restarted the computer, but nothing seems to work. Could it be that there's an issue with AOL mail changing? Check out the AOL2POP site to see if anything new has happened "Barbara" <barbart@aol.com> wrote in message news:0f0301c39e4a$7179ebd0$...

Receive new email notification for Inbox only
I have a number of rules operating in my Mailbox (Outlook 98), but I only want to receive the yellow envelope in the system tray when a new email arrives in my Inbox, not for the ones that are redirected to other folders. Anyone know how to do this? JGP <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a number of rules operating in my Mailbox (Outlook > 98), but I only want to receive the yellow envelope in the > system tray when a new email arrives in my Inbox, not for > the ones that are redirected to other folders. Since the messages come into your Inbox first,...

Mail not automatically displayed in Outlook Inbox
Just Migrated to Exchange 2003. New unread messages do not display in the Inbox unless the user selects another Outlook (XP) folder (Contacts, etc) first. Any idea on how to fix this problem? Everything else runs fine. Thank you. "Melissa" <melissa@erntech.com> wrote: >Just Migrated to Exchange 2003. New unread messages do >not display in the Inbox unless the user selects another >Outlook (XP) folder (Contacts, etc) first. Any idea on >how to fix this problem? Everything else runs fine. You're having problems with UDP. The Exchange server sends a...

I am receiving duplicate emails in my inbox-how do I stop this?
Please help Dear, Pls post completly, what is your version of OL? Regards APK "SNoles" wrote: > Please help ...

Why do I have 2 sets of inbox folders
You might: - have opened multiple PSTs that contain them. You can try closing the extra ones by right clicking on the root of the folder set and choosing "Close" - have multiple types of accounts in a profile. All POP3 & Exchange accounts share the same folder tree but IMAP servers & Hotmail accounts create their own set of folders "steve" <steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEAD0CA4-7FB9-4A75-BE43-3F4C73AC566B@microsoft.com... > ...

In inbox folder no arrange by
Inbox toolbar disappeared; all other folders are good. Cannot see "arrange by" in view drop down for inbox folder. I am getting email - but can't see it. I will not be able to see any response by email. Version of Outlook? Type of mail account? There are a couple things that you can try; Start Outlook with the /cleanviews switch; Start-> Run; outlook.exe /cleanview (note the space in the command) Reset the Outlook Toolbars by renaming the outcmd.dat file to .old when Outlook is closed. See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/19 Scan your pst-file for ...

My inbox says it has 43 messages ......but there are only 11.
My inbow says it has 43 messages,,,,but in reality it only has 11. Does any one know why? "jimmyoz" <jimmyoz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F10B880-F3E6-4207-AF50-9917C67745D0@microsoft.com... > My inbow says it has 43 messages,,,,but in reality it only has 11. > Does any one know why? Perhaps you have a filter defined that is hiding the rest. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

'User-defined fields in Inbox' Form Problem
Hello Everyone, I've created a custom form called TESTFORM using Outlook 2000 SR-1 (XP OS) that includes several text boxes. After I assign new fields to these text boxes they appear (via 'Choose Field') in the 'User-defined fields in Inbox >' instead of 'TESTFORM >'. Why is this? Please advise. Many thanks, Nick. Exactly what steps did you use? In the mean time, see http://www.slipstick.com/dev/fields.htm -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www...

turn off auto mark for deletion in inbox Outlook 2007
My emails in my inbox are being automatically marked for deletion, how do i turn this off? What type of email account? Are you moving them to new folders and the one in the inbox is marked? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Do you keep Outlook open 24/7? Vote in our poll: http://forums....

I need incoming mail to goto different inboxes
My husband and I have different email accounts (gmail). I have them set up to go into outlook. However, both of our mail is going to the same inbox. How can I make mail sent to his email go to a separate inbox, and mail sent to my email go to another inbox? We have Outlook 2003 and Windows XP home. Thanks! Use rules to filter mail sent to husband@gmail.com to one sub folder and = wife@gmail.com to a separate sub-folder. There can be only one delivery = location unless you are using separate profiles. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussio...

Re: Inbox subfolder deleted with its contence, can it be recovered?
I have a user at work who has deleted his inbox subfolder, with all it content. Believing he had a e-mail highlighted that he wanted t delete, he deleted by using shift delete, so it perminately deleted th contents but instead he had the subfolder highlighted, did not look a the warning message saying you are going to delete "hunter folder an its contents" *sigh* is there any way this contents be recovered? usin a thirdparty recovery tool? Thanks in advance - danie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------...

Email messages in project center not showing in Entourage inbox
I am using Entourage 2004 version 11.4.0 on a Macbook with OSX version 10.5.8. I have several projects set up in the Project Center and email from some contacts are automatically made part of the different projects. Up until last week, all of my emails were showing up in the regular Mail Inbox, with the project marked by the colored dot in the Projects column. Now, however, some emails show up in the Project Center mail window, but not in the regular Inbox view. It has caused me to miss a few emails and is getting frustrating. Has anyone else experienced this? Or does anyone know what ...