task folder in public folders as default

I'd like to make a Tasks folder in my public folders be the default location
for tasks created when I open a contact (from a Contacts folder in public
folders) and select "Action", "New Task".  By default it saves the task in
the default Tasks folder in my mailbox.  I'm running OL2003 and EX2003 SP2.
Any ideas?  TIA.

Brian Charest

0
helpxxx (2)

vtel <helpxxx@uppervalleycomputer.com> wrote:

> I'd like to make a Tasks folder in my public folders be the default
> location for tasks created when I open a contact (from a Contacts
> folder in public folders) and select "Action", "New Task".  By
> default it saves the task in the default Tasks folder in my mailbox. I'm
> running OL2003 and EX2003 SP2. Any ideas?  TIA.

Not possible.  Your default task folder will ALWAYS be in your delivery
location (i.e., the folders where Inbox resides).  However, instead of
clicking Save and Close, click File>Move to Folder and specify the public
Task folder as the destination.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
2/1/2007 9:08:54 PM
That's what I was afraid of.  Thanks anyway.

> vtel <helpxxx@uppervalleycomputer.com> wrote:
>
>> I'd like to make a Tasks folder in my public folders be the default
>> location for tasks created when I open a contact (from a Contacts
>> folder in public folders) and select "Action", "New Task".  By
>> default it saves the task in the default Tasks folder in my mailbox. I'm
>> running OL2003 and EX2003 SP2. Any ideas?  TIA.
>
> Not possible.  Your default task folder will ALWAYS be in your delivery
> location (i.e., the folders where Inbox resides).  However, instead of
> clicking Save and Close, click File>Move to Folder and specify the public
> Task folder as the destination.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
helpxxx (2)

Exe Icons in Task Bar
Dear Friends While i am running in Release mode. Two same Exe icons are displaying in the Task Bar. How to fix this problem? Why these kind of bugs occurs in release mode ? udhay > While i am running in Release mode. Two same Exe icons are > displaying in the > Task Bar. How to fix this problem? Why these kind of bugs occurs in > release mode ? Why is this a bug? You must have two instances of the app or possibly have two top level windows open in your app. --- Ajay On Jul 4, 9:35 pm, "Ajay Kalra" <ajayka...@yahoo.com> wrote: > > While i am r...

Default Save As directory
In all of the programs I use, the Save As command always point to C:/My Documents. Is it possible to change things so that the command defaults to a different directory on another drive? Jeff -- "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" Richard Feynman Nobel Prize Physicist "C:/My Documents" is not a default win folder, did you create it, or redirect the default My Documents folder? The answere to your Q may depend on the individual Programs, which in their settings may allow you to specify a default location. ...

Access to other users folders
I am trying to grant access to another users calendar and although it appears that I've enabled the access via exchange server 2003, the user cannot connect. Perhaps someone can give a quick rundown on the process to see what I might have missed? Configuration: 2003 Active Directory domain, 1 Exchange 2003 server, sp2, using Outlook 2003 clients in cached exchange mode. Both users are normal end users in the domain users group and other, company specific groups that do no apply to exchange. -- Thanks, Jeff how did you assing the permission, Basically Open the calender you are go...

User logon hangs when home folder server not available
We recently performed some planned weekend maintenance which required us to shut down our DFS file servers (among others) that we use to host users home folders (we have configured in AD). As we only started using the home folder feature this year we had yet to experience this but when the file servers were shutdown we noticed that domain logons would hang indefinitely. It took a good 5 minutes for me to realize what was happening but when I disabled the home folder setting on my normal user account and was then able to log on that made it pretty clear. What I'm trying to...

Outlook Express and default beep
When I try to type an email, the default beep sounds at what seems like every 8th keystroke and the cursor moves to the Outlook files - out of the email I'm trying to type. The problem began about 3 days ago and seems to be connected with speed of typing. [Very slow = fewer interruptions] I need to know whom to contact about this or where to find a solution [before am reduced to quivering wreck] Outlook or Outlook Express? (They're not the same.) Are you inadvertently pressing one of the ALT keys or is one of them sticking? erica wrote: > When I try to type an...

How do I set up daily reminder with tasks?
I want to set a reminder to take a medication each day at noon but don't want it in my calendar since I don't want it sync'd to my phone. I tried using tasks and it's rather cumbersome. I set it up to remind every day and then regenerate a new one but I found that if you don't check the box then it won't regenerate the next days task. Simply clicking DISMISS isn't enough. Is there a better way to do this? And once you check the task is complete so it will regenerate you then have to delete it...or over time you end up with a bunch of tasks that say MEDIC...

Retrieve Deleted Folder
Is there anyway to retrieve a deleted folder in outlook express? My son meant to delete a single email, and deleted my entire folder. Not unless it's in the deleted items folder, or you have a backup. Also note - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookex...

how can I set default font color in publisher
I change the font color, save the file and then the color reverts back to what Publisher 2007 wants it to be. I've just changed from 03 -07 and am not thrilled at the moment. It's a bigger learning curve, but even with that - no program should override my saved changes. Any help out there? I even created a color scheme, applied that and it still changes my color font. :-( When you created the color scheme did you change the Main? Did you save the scheme? I am not experiencing your problem. Is your Publisher 2007 a trial? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http...

Public Folder Notification
Hi All, I am running Exchange 2003 and have a few public folders that have department calendars in them. Users have asked if there is a way that when new items are posted they could receive an email notification that the public folder has been updated. I've looked on the internet and I have seen a few scripts you could run, but not sure if they would work on 2003. Any ideas? Thanks. Rachael See if www.slovaktech.com helps. Rachael Schofield wrote: > Hi All, > I am running Exchange 2003 and have a few public folders that have > department calendars in them. Users have...

Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened
i have be using outlook 2003 with exchange 2000 in cashe mode, when i changed over to exchage 2003 after merging the 2000 mail box, i get the following error: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened and outlook closes. Are you using a PST from earlier than Outlook 2003 and trying to open it with Outlook 2003? -- K. Orland Such as are your habitual thoughts, such also will be the character of your mind; for the soul is dyed by the thoughts - Marcus Aurelius "wizardontherun@hotmail.com" wrote: > i have...

Open Other User�s Folder doesn�t show Sent Items
I am looking for a registry hack on the Open Other User�s Folde function in Outlook. My user needs to access the SENT ITEMS folder o her supervisor, but the default folders that are available are onl Calendar, Contacts, Inbox, Journal, Notes, Tasks. This is in th drop-down when you go to File>Open>Other User's Folder. Does anyone know how to alter this behavior and expand the choices o available folders -- bankboysbPosted from - http://www.officehelp.i You will need to use a different approach. To access a shared folder = that isn't one of the folders listed on the File | Op...

2008 R2 server, scheduled task issue
I have a scheduled task running xcopy. When I run XCOPY manually, it works and outputs data to a log file. the command is xcopy %fromCopy% %toCopy% /Q /E /I /M /Z /Y > xcopy.log When run under a scheduled task, with a local admin account, the log is not updated, although the xcopy works. Why does the log not update? The log file is in the same directory as xcopy. "Rossb2" <Rossb2@discussions.microsoft.com> said this in news item news:7E90646A-3214-4C96-A9BB-BAF5DDDA7C95@microsoft.com... > I have a scheduled task running xcopy. When I run XCOPY manual...

Re: Emails won't mark as read in public folder
Support-Call answer from Microsoft: Is there a way to have a public folder keep track of Marked as read messages for all users viewing that folder. - example: if 1 user marks a message as read, it will mark it as read for any user looking at that PF message 1. This in not a functionality provided and is by design. 2. It may be possible to write an event sink script. Basically - if the Read/Unread processing is turned off for a folder (checkbox unchecked in 2000 or the PR_DISABLE_PERUSER_READ PTag is set to True) then you will see that any messages going into that folder are always UNREAD. ...

How do I get the summary view of folders under a mail account?
How can I get the summary view of folders under a mail account like I could in OE? Please refer to screenshot: http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq194/nanakinoir/OESummaryPanel.png In this summary view, I could change the synchronization settings for all the folders in batch and see how many messages are in each folder. I can't seem to do this in WLM. Sorry, Windows Live Mail doesn't have that feature. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "nanakinoir" <nanakinoir@discussion...

Take ownership of an Outlook task in an Exchange environment?
Is there a way to take ownership of an Outlook task in an MS Exchange environment? The reason I ask is that a task was sent to a user, whose account was (at that time) disabled. The Task bounced, but according to the user who initially sent the task, it currently belongs to the other user. Of course the other user never received this Task, and according to him, it belongs to the initial user. My goal is to return the ownership of the task to either user. Thanks, ...

How to disable Outlook as email default
I have tried all ways I can think of, alla email default options in IE and Outlook to stop Outlook from taking over from Yahoo Mail when I click an email link. Yahoo Mail is the checked alternative in IE's Internet Options for email default program. What more can I try? Sven Try making it the default, reboot, then uncheck it as the default, reboot. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Sven Bring asked: | I ha...

Hyperlink Default
How can I change the default location the hyperlink option goes to? When I click on the Hyperlink button, "My Documents" folder always shows, and I need a different default folder. Any ideas? Thanks! Maybe... File|properties|Summary Tab Hyperlink Base box. Kay wrote: > > How can I change the default location the hyperlink option > goes to? When I click on the Hyperlink button, "My > Documents" folder always shows, and I need a different > default folder. > > Any ideas? Thanks! -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

how do I set a drop-down list to have a default value when the page loads?
in a Data Access Page? So that a default value appears in the dropdown? -- justme0010 On 20 Sep, 03:13, justme0010 <justme0010.1379...@officefrustration.com> wrote: > in a Data Access Page? So that a default value appears in the dropdown? > > -- > justme0010 Hi There! are you using MS Access 2007? If you are working on a Form and the field is using a Combo Box to display a list of options then you can do the following. * View the properties of the Combo Box; * On the Data Tab in 'Default Value' property type "Your Default Category" Hope this help...

Move all replicas in SP2 will move system folders too?
Hi all, Will move all replicas in SP2 move system folders such as offline address book and organizational forms too? I am going to retire the exchange 2000 server and rehome public folder on the new exchange 2003 SP2 server. Thanks for your input. pfmigrate with the /SF switch will move system folders "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2A649D4-1F19-48E5-A20A-4D0155963866@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > Will move all replicas in SP2 move system folders such as offline address > book and organizational forms too? I am going to r...

AutoArchive creates new Personal Folders object (2'nd post)
Using Outlook 2002 (10.3513.3501) SP-1. Whenever I run an AutoArchive, it finishes with an 'operation failed' = error, and a new folders object named 'Personal Folders' is created. The = new folder is not linked to a .PST, and is easily removed using the Data = Files dialog. However, it returns with each AutoArchive. :-( Is there a solution to the problem? I found a posting that suggested that the deletion of all the name/value = pairs of the profile's registry key might solve a similar problem. What = potential problems might result from attempting this? I'd of cour...

Default 'Corporate' Out of Office message
Hi there. I've been asked to look at how to force users to have a standard Out-of-Office message. The idea is users would only have the option to switch OOA on of off, so all users have the same corporate message when they use OOA. As far as I know, the OOA message lives in a hidden messge file in each individual mailbox, so having a global message could be hard to achieve. We use Exchange2000 and Outlook2000 as the client. Appreciate any ideas or thoughts on this. As far as I know there is nothing that can be done via OWA or Outlook to prohibit the user from changing this message. ...

Why is it defaulting to plain text for replies and forwards?
All of a sudden, my Outlook is set whereby all replies and forwards open in plain text, even though when I compose a new e-mail it opens in HTML. ...

Several asp.net sites pointing to same physical folder
Hello, Is there any problem in asp.net 2.xx to point several IIS Web sites to the same folder an its web.config, due to necessity to have several ssl certificats ? I suppose no, as this is the recommanded conf by IIS teamers. Thanks for help. CS On Feb 9, 11:25=A0pm, "CS ADNT" <NOSPA...@NOSPAMaddonnice.com> wrote: > Hello, > > Is there any problem in asp.net 2.xx to point several IIS Web sites to th= e > same folder an its web.config, due to necessity to have several ssl > certificats ? > I suppose no, as this is the recommanded conf by...

Outlook accessing wrong server for public folders.
Hi all. I have an Exchange 2003 routing group with 4 Exchange servers. I have created public folder replicas on each of the Exchange servers, however, when any Outlook client accesses the Outlook Security Settings public folder (or any other folder?), it always connects to the first Exchange server where the Outlook Security Settings folder was created. I found this by checking the connection status window in Outlook 2003 and noticed that it is connecting to the first server for public folder access. I checked that the default public folder store on each server is set to itself. Th...

OWA
Pertinent Info: Exchange 2003 Ent. SP2 - FE (mail1) and BE (cluster (mail4) and dedicated PF (mail3) server) Server 2003 Ent. SP2 - BE and dedicated PF server Server 2003 Std. SP1 - FE Scenario: We are moving from a single Exchange server (mail2) to a cluster setup for mailboxes only and with a single dedicated PF server. Currently I am following KB822931 "How to remove the first Exchange Server 2003 computer from the administrative group". So far so good, no issues. I've been able to replicate the Public Folders to the dedicated PF server (mail3) and rehome the OAB, OA...