Task entry bar in Taskpad

When looking at my Day Calendar view, my taskpad is on the right side.  I used to see an entry line where I could type in a task and it would "join the list".  I was playing around with some options and now that entry field is gone.

How do I get it back?  Thanks

0
MEWEINHA (2)

Edit the View of your Taks folder; Press the Other Settings button and
select Show new item row

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Creating Signatures

-----
"MEWEINHA" <MEWEINHA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When looking at my Day Calendar view, my taskpad is on the right side.  I
> used to see an entry line where I could type in a task and it would "join
> the list".  I was playing around with some options and now that entry
> field is gone.
>
> How do I get it back?  Thanks

0
Roady
6/11/2004 12:03:04 AM
Roady -

I am still having a problem.  I open Tasks as its own window.  I then go to View and in the menu, I can't find "other Settings" button - can you help me find it?

Thanks (Again)

Eddie

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> Edit the View of your Taks folder; Press the Other Settings button and
> select Show new item row
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -Creating Signatures
> -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
>
> -----
> "MEWEINHA" <MEWEINHA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When looking at my Day Calendar view, my taskpad is on the right side.  I
> > used to see an entry line where I could type in a task and it would "join
> > the list".  I was playing around with some options and now that entry
> > field is gone.
> >
> > How do I get it back?  Thanks

0
MEWEINHA (2)
6/11/2004 11:24:01 AM
View-> Arrange By-> Custom...-> button Other Settings... (Outlook 2003)

--

> Roady -
>
> I am still having a problem.  I open Tasks as its own window.  I then go
> to View and in the menu, I can't find "other Settings" button - can you
> help me find it?
>
> Thanks (Again)
>
> Eddie
>
> "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Edit the View of your Taks folder; Press the Other Settings button and
>> select Show new item row
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> www.howto-outlook.com
>>
>> Tips of the month:
>> -Creating Signatures
>> -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
>>
>> -----
>> "MEWEINHA" <MEWEINHA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When looking at my Day Calendar view, my taskpad is on the right side.
>> > used to see an entry line where I could type in a task and it would
>> > "join
>> > the list".  I was playing around with some options and now that entry
>> > field is gone.
>> >
>> > How do I get it back?  Thanks

0
Roady

Inversing Entries
I am manually entering transactions in my Daughters College savings account and Money is inversing the entry. Making a deposit a withdrawal. When I fix it it appears to be corrected and then the next time I go into money the transaction has been inversed again. The account does not get updated online at all. ...

Create a reusable series of scheduled tasks
When an employee leaves our company, there are a number of things that need to happen, some of which occur on a timeline. For example, they give notice. On the morning of their last day, I disable their alarm code..during the day I setup changes to voicemail and email processing...at end of day I flip the switch on the voicemail and email changes and disable/change usernames/passwords for various systems...at one month I delete their mailbox...etc, etc, you get the idea. I'd like a way to create a workflow or a series of reminders, tasks, whatever...so when, for example, an emplo...

Counting an entry to a cell
Using Excel 2007 I would like to get a formula that will allow me to count entries in column C, but if an entry is made in column D that would supersede what is in column C. When an entry is made into column H I would like the total for columns C or D to reflect this i.e. total number counted should drop. I have listed names at top of s/sheet and totals are to sit in H1, H2 etc. Hope you can assist. Let me know if you require additional info. Cheers, Paul You have an answer at your duplicate posting - please do not multi- post. Pete On Aug 7, 10:25=A0am, slavenp <slav...@discussi...

vertical scroll bar display bug?
I am having a display issue with a form that I am using as a subform in datasheet view. When run alone everything works fine but as a subform it does not initially display a vertical scroll bar even though there are more records than can be displayed in the space available. To see the other records it is necessary to use the navigation buttons on the keyboard to move down the list. Scroll bars will appear once navigation forces a row over the top end but all records below the original set of visible records will not show any dividing lines between rows. This subform drives another subf...

How many entries can Excel handle!?
I have close to 1000 entries in my Excel spreadsheet, and am trying to figure out why entries are coming up missing. I often do custom sorts. This may be when entries get tossed out? You are no where near the limit. Check out the help file article "Excel limits and specifications". There must be something else going on. -- Best Regards, Luke M "Rebecca Sage" <RebeccaSage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4241294E-484E-4A8A-9304-0E0C45E643A3@microsoft.com... >I have close to 1000 entries in my Excel spreadsheet, and am trying to ...

Timesheet task updates and notifications not coming through
We are using MSP Server 2007 with Timesheets and have installed a third-party Single Tied Mode. We have one resource that task updates and email notifications of the updates are not being sent throught to PMs when saved. However, the timesheet can be submitted, apporved, and reviewed - but no task updates come through to the task approval page. Another issue is that the timesheet errors when the resource updates the remaining work field - timesheet fails in the queue. We have verified the resources' security and authentication settings. This occurs on any PC the resoruce ...

duplicate wage entries
I am DEFINITELY not a guru at this. 1. Somehow I ended up with two entries in my budget for my paycheck. However, MS Money only allows me to delete the category, and not the duplicate. If I delete the category and reinitialize it, how will that affect the existing entries in my Accounts? 2. My home page shows bill that are overdue. However, the are entered into my Accounts. Is there a way to cleanly associate those entries with the corresponding bill that is due? ...

make journal entry for a contact that is open
For managing my business contacts, I like Outlook 2003 functionality better than 2007. How would I safely go about going back to 2003 (I have the cd) without loosing my data. I recently bought and upgraded to Outlook 2007 and don't like it as well. Back up the PST, uninstall outlook 2007, reboot, install 2003. Note that if you are using Office, you'll lose some functionally if the versions don't match. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by ...

Rotating hourglass icon in status bar
I have recently started using Outlook 2003. I noticed that there is an icon in the shape of an hourglass in the status bar. The icon continuously rotates. When right clicked, it presents a menu with items Details... and Cancel, both of which are greyed out. Can someone tell me the purpose of the icon and how I might be able to hide it? Thanks, Jim ...

Helped with stacked bar chart and percentages
I am attempting to create a stacked chart with two data series (one representing the number ontime orders, and the other late). I would like to have a label on each bar that would tell the percentage of ontime. Perhaps someone would have a good example? Thanks for your help, -A Calculate the percentages in additional columns. Use one of these free Excel add-ins to apply labels from these ranges to the series in your chart: Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com/ss - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltie...

schedulled task never ends launchning a batch
Hi, I use a batch like @echo off start engine.exe /I1 exit and schedule the batch. When executed manually the batch is executed, cmd.exe closes down. When the batch is executed by the 2008 scheduler the cmd.exe is never closing down. Any clue? -- PeterKou ------------------------------------------------------------------------ PeterKou's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/239557.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-server-help/1350442.htm http://forums.techarena.in "PeterKou" <PeterKou.4dgs9a@DoNotSpam.com> w...

Critical Path vs. Partially Complete Tasks
Hi MSP gurus, I found the following post in another forum (forums.cnet.com) - unfortunately without an answer. I guy named smagma asked: "Is there a way to force MS Project (2003) to calculate the Critical Path from Remaining Work instead of Total Work? If I have 5 tasks ordered by precedence, and one in the middle is 50% complete, the final delivery date should not include time of the completed portion. Similarly, is there a way to force all incomplete work to be automatically pushed to out to the future?" I think it's an interesting question since this issue w...

Why Excel process is still there on Task Manager list
Hi all, My project is about pick up info from individual workbook, and merge the info into a new workbook. But in the end of code, even I set nothing to workbook and application object, but the Excel process is still there, but the way the open and close procedure is very slow, is there any way to expedite it? Dim SrcWrk As Workbook Dim DstWrk As Workbook Dim app As New Application DstWrk = app.Workbooks.Add() For Each File As String In Directory.GetFiles(Me.SrcDir, "*.xls", System.IO.SearchOption.AllDirectories) ...

Pivot Table through Scheduled Task
I have a Pivot Table that I would like to run as a scheduled task. After the report runs, I would like to save the file as a different name. Is this possible with Excel and scheduled tasks?? Any help regarding this would be greatly appreciated... Thanks in advance, dr Hi dr, You could schedule to open a workbook and use the Workbook_Open event to run code that updates a Pivot Table and then saves the workbook to a new file. This is not tested, but something like; Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim SNewName As String Worksheets(1).PivotTables(1).RefreshTable SNewName = "MyBook v...

bar code help, adding asterix to reference
Hi, A simple one im sure, cell b4 contains a number, i want cell c4 to display the same number with an asterix (asterisk?) at either side for my bar code font? ="*",B4,"*" What's the correct way to enter this? Many thanks as ever, Rick ="*"&A1&"*" seems to work after some trial and error, could there arise a problem doing it this way? Thanks, Rick "R D S" <ricknewsgroup@members.v21.co.uk> wrote in message news:352cf1F4gusjfU1@individual.net... > Hi, > A simple one im sure, cell b4 contains a number, i want cell c4...

Show stdev errorbars on pivot bar chart
I have made a pivot bar chart using excel 2003, and I would like to show error bars on this bar chart. The values for the bars are averages of a certain quantity. The values for the errorbars should be the stdev of this quantity. It is possible to add error bars in the existing chart using "Format data series", but that only works for one particular chart. If I update the underlying data or plot other quantities, then the errorbars are gone. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Like all custom formatting in pivot charts, refreshing the data clears the formatting. Microsof...

OL2000 disabling inplace editing for contact lists and task lists, etc #3
hi Can someone please help me with this one: I manage a small SBS2000 instalation (20 users) running outlook 2000 with exchange 2000. Outlook 2000 has the annoying feature that whenever you click on an item in a task list or contact list and start typing, you modify the contens of the item (without noticing). This happens often in the company and has recently resulted in inadvertedly destructing critical information contained in public contacts and tasks folders. I would like to know if there is a way to disable this in place editing feature, making changes to items only possible if you doub...

Add the URL of a Task into a Task description on Workflow?
Hi there, i was wondering if it is at all possible to put the url of a task into the email that the object sends to the owner of the object (so that they can click and see the task). In the WFParameter table there's something like this: Due Date: &1160; Description: &1122; Scheduled Duration: &1144; Is there an &XXXX code for the id? Thanks, Jack. ------=_NextPart_0001_10CF516A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jack~ This may be possible to do with an e-mail activity. I would try posting this to the SDK group at microsoft.public.crm.deve...

Task Pain
Hi. Whenever Excel 2003 is opened, it shows a task pane on the right hand of the screen. Is there any method to disable it so that it does not open each time Excel is opened? Tools>options>view, deselect startup taskpane -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "tc" <troy.coutinho@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1188400670.881745.104920@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi. Whenever Excel 2003 is opened, it shows a task pane on the right > hand of the screen. Is there any method to disable it so that it does > not open each time Excel is opened? > tc wrote: >H...

Task Status Choices
I would like to modify the Task Status list choices for a particular Exchange Task Public Folder. Instead of the defaults - "Not Started", "In Progress", "Completed", "Waiting on Someone Else", & "Deferred", I would like to have statuses like: "Waiting for approval", "Approved", "Not Approved". I want to change this so that we can turn this into an approval list in the Public Folders - i.e. for large expenses, etc. Can someone tell me how to do this? ...

How do I set up the "Office Shortcut Bar" on my desktop in Office
I want to have the office shortcut bar on the right side of my monitor as I did previously in Office 2003. Can't seem to find it in Office 2007. Thanks, Stan http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822573 "The Office Shortcut Bar is not available in Microsoft Office 2007 or Microsoft Office 2003. However, you can use the Start menu in Microsoft Windows XP to start an Office program or to open a file or a folder. Additionally, you can use the Quick Launch bar in Windows XP or in Microsoft Windows 2000 to start an Office program or to open a file or a folder." Further ...

Task Response Property aways return 0
Hello, I have some tasks received from my POP3 account. For each task I get it properties with: task->GetProps(null, 0, &count, &props) When I try to get named property for the Response Status: MAPINAMEID NamedID; NamedID.ulKind = 0x8120; hRes = task->GetIDsFromNames(1, &NamedID, 0, &NamedPropTags); For this property I get always value 0. Is it one of those strange Outlook things where it only gets set under some very specific circumstances (only gets set for Exchange tasks)? Thank you in advance. Alexander ...

UserId on Journal Entries
Where do I find the userid of the user that created a journal entry? I cannot seem to find this information on the detail drill down screens. Thanks, Bruce You can use Smartlist to create a custom report with this information. We have one under "Account Transations". You will need to add a column "User who posted". I also look at the "Originating Posted Date" on this report. "Bruce" wrote: > Where do I find the userid of the user that created a journal entry? I > cannot seem to find this information on the detail drill down screens. ...

OL2000 disabling inplace editing for contact lists and task lists, etc
hi Can someone please help me with this one: I manage a small SBS2000 instalation (20 users) running outlook 2000 with exchange 2000. Outlook 2000 has the annoying feature that whenever you click on an item in a task list or contact list and start typing, you modify the contens of the item (without noticing). This happens often in the company and has recently resulted in inadvertedly destructing critical information contained in public contacts and tasks folders. I would like to know if there is a way to disable this in place editing feature, making changes to items only possible if you doub...

Staus Bar
In version 2007, I am trying to adjust the status bar to a larger size so that I do not have to squint to see the sum totals. For some reason, the 2007 excel status bar seems to be smaller.?.?. Is there a (font) size adjustment? Hi Click the Office button and then Excel Options. It should default to Popular and in the area Creating New Workbooks change the font and or size to suit. Try Century Gothic. It's a very clear font. -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "Teddy-B" wrote: > In version 2007, I ...