System doesn't recognize that Outlook 2000 is running

I am running Outlook 2000 (Office 2000 with SP-3) on a Sony laptop with Win
XP pro.  My virus scanner (Avast 4.5) doesn't recognize that Outlook is
running and even Microsoft's System Information, when STARTED from Outlook
says "Microsoft Outlook 2000 has not been started or is not installed."
Outlook runs fine and System Information works fine when started from other
Office 2000 programs.  I would reinstall, but Microsoft doesn't have an
eraser tool that will work with Office 2000 and Win XP.  Any ideas where I
should look to fix this puzzling problem?  Thanks
0
dave871 (680)

Have you tried running Detect and Repair?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Dave asked:

| I am running Outlook 2000 (Office 2000 with SP-3) on a Sony laptop
| with Win XP pro.  My virus scanner (Avast 4.5) doesn't recognize that
| Outlook is running and even Microsoft's System Information, when
| STARTED from Outlook says "Microsoft Outlook 2000 has not been
| started or is not installed." Outlook runs fine and System
| Information works fine when started from other Office 2000 programs.
| I would reinstall, but Microsoft doesn't have an eraser tool that
| will work with Office 2000 and Win XP.  Any ideas where I should look
| to fix this puzzling problem?  Thanks

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

outlook will not save my outgoing mail

What's the rootname appearing in System Manager
Hello, I am looking at a SBS server in a domain called "whatever.nl", with a computername "win2003". When I open the System Manager, the top element is called "MAILSERVER (Exchange)". Is this a default name, or something chosen during installation of Exchange? Also, when I open Server Management, under advanced management there's a node for the Exchange System Manager, however the name is "First Organization (Exchange)". When I highlight it, the name changes to "MAILSERVER (Exchange)". Is that normal? -M Hi, the name of the to...

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

cannot open hyper links in outlook

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

outlook 97 and express email problems

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Are there free upgrades to Outlook 2000?

Outlook context menu lost most options
Hi there. I'd dearly love some help with this matter. It's been going on for months now. Has anyone got any idea how I can sort this issue out? "Jonathan E. (NZ)" <s_pam_stop@hotmail.comTAKEOUTTHESECAPS> wrote in message news:<eYICp6NCFHA.3976@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>... Hi there, I run outlook 2003. It would seem that the context menu has lost the plot. It looks like outlook has gone into some "mode" other than the one it is usually in by default. I have found that when I right click on any mail folder the context menu has very different options f...

outlook 2007 e-mail

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?