synchronizing new e-mail ( headers only option)

Hello.

there is an option to synchronize mail full message or
header only or new message in outlook express.

I just want to synchronize Headers of new e-mail only
wheni check for new e-mail..( you know there is so much
spam now ad ays..i just do't want to open any new e-mail
in my e-mail inbox until i know it is not spam...)

please reply with a solution.

Thanks.

rao
0
y2k-md (1)

You can use an IMAP account in OE to accomplish this.

Please note, This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002
from the Office
family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one
of
these newsgroups:
microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress
for OE 5.5x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
for OE 6.x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.internet.mail.mac
for the Macintosh version of OE
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.internet.outlookexpress.mac&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroups

for all the microsoft.public newsgroups). The links under the newsgroup
references are for use with MS's web newsreader (not exactly the best way to
post but it works for some people)

Also a good source of Outlook Express info can be found here:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer:
Rao <y2k-md@hotmail.com> asked:
| Hello.
|
| there is an option to synchronize mail full message or
| header only or new message in outlook express.
|
| I just want to synchronize Headers of new e-mail only
| wheni check for new e-mail..( you know there is so much
| spam now ad ays..i just do't want to open any new e-mail
| in my e-mail inbox until i know it is not spam...)
|
| please reply with a solution.
|
| Thanks.
|
| rao

0
MillyS4407 (663)

On-line services set up failed with "new & improved" Money update
Money 2005 Premium: with the mid-August unannounced update by Microsoft, I lost my ability to go on-line. I reviewed the instructions inside Money and tried to re-set the on-line service but I'm now in a loop that doesn't seem to have any way to back out of it or to move forward successfully. Instead of disabling the account first, which is listed in the long, weary icon version of the update instructions, I went to set up online services and now have the message "complete setup for online services" which apparently will not work because I consistently get a message ...

Mail deleting from virtual inbox
When I open windows mail it automatically downloads and it deletes it from my virtual yahoo inbox, is there a way i can get it to stop deleting it or being able to place those messages back in my inbox to retrieve anywhere? also, it doesnt allow me to send messages so i cant foward them to myself! Thanks, i appreciate ur help! Erika Hey Erika. I was having similar problem a while back. I remember in my webmail (optus) there was an option at the bottom of the list of emails (delete after download). I had to untick this box. You may have something similar, maybe in tools?? Just be aw...

Outlook pop up windows stops outgoing mail
In the last 3 weeks I continue to get a pop up window titled "Enter Network Password". There is a key icon and the request: "Please type your user name and password." It then list my Server: (entered) Password: (entered with asterisk showing) I continually enter my Outlook password with Bellsouth and click the box "Save this password in your password list" and click "OK". Everything then works alright and then the window pops up again in 5 minutes. It happens over and over again. Anybody have any ideas on how to eliminate this? I use XP Pr...

How big is the outgoing mail messages
Is there any way to see how big mail the user are sending or receiving. And who's sending the mail. I have exchange 5.5 and windows 2000 /RO ...

Only printing header in Windows Live Mail
My canon printer has suddenly stopped printing the email content - only the header. Printing in word, excel etc not affected. Using W7 (+ Firefox if that relavent). Any suggestions please Does you have the same problem if you try printing from IE? WLM depends on IE for printing services. Take a look at this: Print and Print Preview May Display Only Text at Top of Page http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=272518 It's a similar problem for a different version but the fix may apply. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Jem" <Jem@discussions.mic...

New Entity Question
I created a new entity in CRM. After creation, by default, I have the following options under the Actions menu when a new object is created: Actions > Delete; Actions > Deactivate How do I get a "close"/"resolve" option to appear under Actions? (Ex: the way it appears under Cases, Activities, etc...) On the form of my new entity, I have a Regarding field so I'm able to track these objects in CRM. I would like to be able to keep the history in CRM, so I don't want to delete or deactivate these objects. Any advice? Thanks! ...

open subfolders automatically on mail entry -- not happening.
Hello all. Have a problem that happens in one Outlook 2002, but not another -- so I know there's a likely setting someplace, but can't find it. I've even stumped my company's IT people on this one: I download mail through several rules (and accounts); and ship them to various subfolders off of parent folders. What I desire is to have the email automatically open the appropriate folder -- revealing the affected subfolder -- when new mail comes into it. In one of my Outlooks (both 2002), this does open automatically revealing the new highlighted message. But the other do...

create new users STRANGE problem
Hi, I'm developing a web application (using standard asp and not asp.net) to let certain remote users administer exchange 2003. I have installed win2003 standard edition, exchange 2003 enterprise edition,owa and my web application on the same server. My web app, let users to create mailboxes, delete mailboxes, change user password. All works fine, but for example, if I reboot the server, a web application user can create 50 mailboxes. But when any of these users log on to owa, something goes wrong and the admin user cannot mailbox enable other user accounts through the web app, even if he ...

MOving CRM to new domain 12-01-03
We are in teh process of changing over to a new domain and need to migrate our CRM server to the new domain. Has anyone done this? Does anyone know if a Tech article or paper on how to do this? Thanks In Advance! Microsoft currently say its not possible as per the article i have pasted below. The only way i can think of doing this is installing a parallel CRM system and have code look at the data and migrate between the two systems by creating new objects on the new CRM system. The data migration framework may help but that may also be dependant on the domain being the same etc ...

Sent Mail items not showing up
Using Outlook 2002 w/SP2 on WinXP Pro. Unable to view items in Sent Item folder (Outlook shows normal blank window with "there are no items to show in this view") even though the Item count in the lower left shows over 2600 msgs in the Sent Items folder. It keeps increasing as new msgs are sent. Using the standard view, all standard columns, with NO Filter set. Anybody seen this before? Any ideas? ...

Searching for Frame in current header and delete it
Dear Experts: For some specific reason I inserted a frame into the current even page header. How can I delete it via VBA on the condition that the cursor resides in the page (of the main document) whose header has got this frame? Other headers, ie. odd page headers and first page header of the current section must not be deleted. Other headers in other sections may also have a frame in the header, but they must not be deleted, either. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Hi Andreas, The following macro will remove all frames from t...

mail merge cannot continue
I have been using mail merge in Publisher 2000 on Windows XP. But it suddenly started refusing to work, giving the message "mail merge cannot continue". I have tried reinstalling and uninstalling things I had done recently, to no avail. Did you have to relink to your database? If so, try changing your selection in the checkbox for "First row of data contains column headers". Greg "Margaret" <denmar@zamnet.zm> wrote in message news:1738101c448d3$24c77fd0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have been using mail merge in Publisher 2000 on Windows > XP. But it...

Move / Migrate Mail
I currently have my Exchange server hosted off site. I am looking to move this in house, of course I don't own the hardware the server is currently on. So I will be building a new server. The current server (hosted) is in its own domain - I did not make this but I have to support it-, I have duplicate accounts for email, plus some only email accounts. I am looking for suggestions to accomplish this task. My idea was to add all the user accounts that are currently 'email only' to my domain so all my accounts match.... Make my Exchange server and mailboxes. Then should I u...

deleting mail on exit not working
hey guys im using outlook 2002 and I have selected empty deleted items folder upon exiting which works until i restart my computer. I have to slect this option everytime i restart my computer because the option keeps unchecking itself. Any body knows how to fix this problem thanks in advance Am 6 Sep 2005 12:04:27 -0700 schrieb jjlopez45@gmail.com: > hey guys im using outlook 2002 and I have selected empty deleted items > folder upon exiting which works until i restart my computer. I have to > slect this option everytime i restart my computer because the option > keeps uncheck...

New CRM Database Views
I am need of creating a new CRM view to handle some report requirements. I have read that views that use views are supported and I have read that I need to create a new database adjacent to the CRM database. How are any of youh hanlding New CRM Database Views? If you scroll down the CRM tables in OrganizationName_MSCRM database then you will see the ffiltered views of table. I have created Reports in Business intelligence by using existing views of CRM . These views correspond to the security role of crm users. /Aamir Hello there, It's a good practice to create a new database to hol...

GST Tax Forms for New Zealand
Hi there, I have recently prchased Money 2005 Standard, ans the box has big claims about it being able to track GST on purchases etc. That all seems to be working well, except I cannot get the GST information out of it at all. How do I setup my tax forms to give me the totals that I need for my GST return? Thanks in advance Jerome Brown Dear Jerome, I also would like to display the GST in a final report. Did you have any luck elsewhere? Marcus "Jerome Brown" wrote: > Hi there, > > I have recently prchased Money 2005 Standard, ans the box has big claims > about...

Pivot Options Disappearing!
I created a pivot table which displays data for January Through December. I ran a tesxt and deselected the "Show All" check box so that I can just display Jan, Feb, and March data. When I go to reselect April - December data those options are no longer available! How do I get excel to keep those items on the list so that they can be selected later? Thanks! There's no Unhide option for the data fields. Once you uncheck a field, it's removed from the pivot table. To see it again, you can drag the field back in from the field list Jenn wrote: > I created a pivot tab...

How to Exclude Account from Budget when Option Check Box is Inactive?
I want to exclude the income in my retirement accounts from being included in the budget planning and being shown as income in monthly reports. In the account details, the option is "checked" to include in budget planner but the lined is grayed out and in-active and thus I can't uncheck it. How to uncheck? ...

FREE New Indian oil for men!
Free Indian oil promotion for men! 100% free trial bottle, safe and great fun! Tel : 91-22-24449309/56663081 MURLI WAGHULDE ...

Transfering to new EXCH Server.
We are trying to transfer to a new Exchange 2003 server so we can reformat the old machine. Mailbox transfers are complete and the new box is hooked up internally and to our outgoing IP. I am able to receive mail from outside the network, but all outgoing mail is stuck in the queue. I have set the Virtual Smtp server to all unassigned, and I have nothing in routing. Im not very familiar with these settings. Is the problem the old exchange server? Is there a way to remove it without uninstalling exchange from the old machine? My non deliverables come back with this error message. ...

new blank doc
I some how corrupted my blank doc. When I go to file and open. I get a blank doc with 3 cloums saying next record. How can I get my blank doc back so that I can do my work? Thank you itropier While this newsgroup is for Microsoft .NET (dotnet) questions, you should locate the hidden system file called "normal.dot" and delete it. -Scott "new blank doc" <newblankdoc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95C60997-1B8B-4831-BB69-A56A9B1CBC8B@microsoft.com... >I some how corrupted my blank doc. When I go to file and open. I get a >...

how print page out of pages, w/o header?
Thanks for any help. I have a workbook, with a header for some columns, but the last page of the workbook (the lowest rows of worksheet), don't need the headers, but I don't see any functions for stopping headers on a certain page. Is this possible? Not a big deal, it's just a row of labels with no info underneath them, but I would like to get rid of this header for this one last page if possible. Of course, I could change from headers to putting it into the worksheet itself, but I was wondering if I could do it this way. Thanks again. Check your print range in File | Page ...

new...delete not work in MFC ? Why ?
Hi, Check out the following code char* t=new char[1000]; t="sdfsdf"; delete t; at delete t; statement , MSVC 6.0 MFC application generates Abort: Unhandled exception Why? Help ! sandSpiderX > Hi, > > > Check out the following code > char* t=new char[1000]; > t="sdfsdf"; > delete t; > > The rule is simple, if you use "new [...] then you must use delete []" and if you use new ... then simply call delete ... In your case you need to do delete [] t; ....but that's not the end of your problems. "char * t&...

How do I create a "floating" header in Excel so I can always see i
contact me at andy@boydrealestateinc.com Andy To have row 1 always in view as you scroll down. Select A2 and Window>Freeze Panes. Rule is: whatever is above and left of the selected cell will be frozen after you hit Window>Freeze Panes. i.e. select B2 to have Column A and Row 1 frozen. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:38:00 -0800, Andy Heal <Andy Heal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >contact me at andy@boydrealestateinc.com ...

IMS que is filling with tons of e-mail in Exchange 5.5
Hi When ever I tried to select the Hosts and Clients that successfully authenticate option in routing restrictions. I see tons of mail que in IMS. Actually I tried to check for 2010 event and I see some junk user account which says "\temp" which is not at all in my domain or in local users. Can anyone tell is it some virus or some one is creating the account test remotely to spam. Please advis ...