Synchronizing contact folders #2

Is there any way to synchronize public folder contacts with an users 
exchange mailbox contacts?

The idea is that when the PDAs sync the user's profile, that they get the 
share company contacts folder. 


0
Microsoft
11/7/2007 9:18:20 AM
outlook 87535 articles. 11 followers. Follow

3 Replies
327 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 29

Hi Peter,

your Outlook version is?
Your Exchange Server version is?

You could use 3rd party tools which support the synchronizatio directly with 
"Public Folders":
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/olpda.htm

You could try (for Outlook 2002) a freeware tool of Microsoft "Outlook PCS":

"Outlook 2002 Add-in: Pocket Contact Synchronizer 1.2"
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2D31C7F0-B871-49CE-9F96-712A1695E372&displaylang=EN

or you can try sync tools for Outlook and Exchange:

Outlook synchronisation solutions:
http://www.publicshareware.com/outlook-synchronisation-description.php
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm

Office Marketplace Outlook messaging tools:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/CE010719621033.aspx

Maybe it helps.

--
Oliver Vukovics
Share your Outlook PST files without Exchange: Public ShareFolder
Synchronisation for Outlook and Exchange: Public SyncTool
http://www.publicshareware.com


"Microsoft" <peter@4dt.co.za> schrieb im Newsbeitrag 
news:OXTlb9RIIHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Is there any way to synchronize public folder contacts with an users 
> exchange mailbox contacts?
>
> The idea is that when the PDAs sync the user's profile, that they get the 
> share company contacts folder.
> 


0
trash5936 (201)
11/7/2007 10:11:47 AM
Hi

Outlook 2007
Exchange 2003 Std


"Oliver Vukovics" <trash@publicshareware.com> wrote in message 
news:eq7EaaSIIHA.5860@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Hi Peter,
>
> your Outlook version is?
> Your Exchange Server version is?
>
> You could use 3rd party tools which support the synchronizatio directly 
> with "Public Folders":
> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/olpda.htm
>
> You could try (for Outlook 2002) a freeware tool of Microsoft "Outlook 
> PCS":
>
> "Outlook 2002 Add-in: Pocket Contact Synchronizer 1.2"
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2D31C7F0-B871-49CE-9F96-712A1695E372&displaylang=EN
>
> or you can try sync tools for Outlook and Exchange:
>
> Outlook synchronisation solutions:
> http://www.publicshareware.com/outlook-synchronisation-description.php
> http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm
>
> Office Marketplace Outlook messaging tools:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/CE010719621033.aspx
>
> Maybe it helps.
>
> --
> Oliver Vukovics
> Share your Outlook PST files without Exchange: Public ShareFolder
> Synchronisation for Outlook and Exchange: Public SyncTool
> http://www.publicshareware.com
>
>
> "Microsoft" <peter@4dt.co.za> schrieb im Newsbeitrag 
> news:OXTlb9RIIHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Is there any way to synchronize public folder contacts with an users 
>> exchange mailbox contacts?
>>
>> The idea is that when the PDAs sync the user's profile, that they get the 
>> share company contacts folder.
>>
>
> 


0
Microsoft
11/7/2007 10:24:06 AM
Hi Peter,

so forget the "PCS 1.2 Tool".

You could use 3rd party tools which support the synchronizatio directly
 with "Public Folders":
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/olpda.htm

or you can try sync tools for Outlook and Exchange:

Outlook synchronisation solutions:
http://www.publicshareware.com/outlook-synchronisation-description.php
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm

Office Marketplace Outlook messaging tools:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/CE010719621033.aspx

--
Oliver Vukovics
Share your Outlook PST files without Exchange: Public ShareFolder
Synchronisation for Outlook and Exchange: Public SyncTool
http://www.publicshareware.com

"Microsoft" <peter@4dt.co.za> schrieb im Newsbeitrag 
news:ulMjLiSIIHA.4592@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Hi
>
> Outlook 2007
> Exchange 2003 Std
>
>
> "Oliver Vukovics" <trash@publicshareware.com> wrote in message 
> news:eq7EaaSIIHA.5860@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> your Outlook version is?
>> Your Exchange Server version is?
>>
>> You could use 3rd party tools which support the synchronizatio directly 
>> with "Public Folders":
>> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/olpda.htm
>>
>> You could try (for Outlook 2002) a freeware tool of Microsoft "Outlook 
>> PCS":
>>
>> "Outlook 2002 Add-in: Pocket Contact Synchronizer 1.2"
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2D31C7F0-B871-49CE-9F96-712A1695E372&displaylang=EN
>>
>> or you can try sync tools for Outlook and Exchange:
>>
>> Outlook synchronisation solutions:
>> http://www.publicshareware.com/outlook-synchronisation-description.php
>> http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm
>>
>> Office Marketplace Outlook messaging tools:
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/CE010719621033.aspx
>>
>> Maybe it helps.
>>
>> --
>> Oliver Vukovics
>> Share your Outlook PST files without Exchange: Public ShareFolder
>> Synchronisation for Outlook and Exchange: Public SyncTool
>> http://www.publicshareware.com
>>
>>
>> "Microsoft" <peter@4dt.co.za> schrieb im Newsbeitrag 
>> news:OXTlb9RIIHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> Is there any way to synchronize public folder contacts with an users 
>>> exchange mailbox contacts?
>>>
>>> The idea is that when the PDAs sync the user's profile, that they get 
>>> the share company contacts folder.
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
trash5936 (201)
11/7/2007 12:57:00 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Business Portal 2.5 FP
Hi I am having no end of problems installing Business Portal 2.5 FP Towards the end of the installation, the Creating Web Items reaches 40% and stays there. I have waited for 2hours and still no progress. So stopped the installation, removed, rebooted, and repeat the process again. The Server is a Small Business Server 2003. I am at my wit ends, has Business Portal 2.5 FP been tested on SBS2003 server? I am at the customer site and i am trying to decided if i should leave the installation to run over night (but i will be back at my office tmw) I have raised a call ...

working with dates #2
HI I have a list o people and there dates of birth, I have added a formulae to add up their ages however I now want to simply analyse the dates as in how many 16 - 19 year olds 20 - 35 year olds etc etc Can anyone sugest a simple way to acomplish this ?? Thanks for help in advance Thanks i will give it a try philkelly67 "Phil kelly" <philkelly67@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OZnc95kdFHA.2960@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > HI I have a list o people and there dates of birth, I have added a > formulae to add up their ages however I now want to simply analyse th...

Best Practices Analyzer, exchange server could not be contacted
The exchange server is working correctly, I just want to try to run the "Best Practices Analyzer Tool". But all it can tell me is "Server could not be contacted". Exchange tells me 6.5.7638.1 Windows Server 2003 with updates. Using terminal services to log in as administrator The exchange server is also a DNS server and an AD server (and runs IIS for outlook web access). BPAT connects to AD correctly, it's only the 'scan' that fails with a 'could not connect' error. Any suggestions? (david) Hi David You also need the adequate rights on ex...

importing primary contacts using the bulk import
Hello all, I have successfully imported a csv file of all our accounts i exported the accountid to the contacts import excel sheet and did a vloolkup in excel and imported and matched the contacts to the accounts. Now i want to make one of the contacts a primary user, we did import into the dept a hidden field a Y if the user was going to be a primary user. I have exported out all the contactid and accountid from contactbase for users who have Y in the dept field using SQL ent manager How do i import into the accounts table matching on accountid, and update the primary contactid wi...

What happened to my contacts!!
Today for some reason after using Live Mail for more than two years or more.. all off a sudden I have to "Sign In" and ALL MY CONTACTS ARE GONE except for the stupid ones on my Live Account which I NEVER use. All my contacts have POOF, dissapeared! GONE! and these are Business contacts.. where did they go? What changed? Version 2009 build 14.0 NOT a happy camper! Alt + T, Options, Connection, Stop signing in There are different contacts when not signed in. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Limit on contacts
I'm synchronizing my Pocket PC with Contacts in Outlook 2000. I have a lot of contacts (almost 25,000), but when I synchronize, it stops me after about 16,000 and won't synchronize the rest. How do I get the Contacts folder to accept more contacts? =?Utf-8?B?TmVlZCB0byBleHBhbmQgIyBvZiBPdXRsb29rIGNvbnRhY3Rz?= <Need to expand # of Outlook contacts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:23CC1A90-24CF-4581-AC87-F31AA9F7E198@microsoft.com: > I'm synchronizing my Pocket PC with Contacts in Outlook 2000. I have > a lot of contacts (almost 25,000), but when I synchro...

Publisher drawing tools #2
When I use the publisher drawing tools to make a drawing inside a picture frame, the drawing is nice an crisp while I am inside the picture frame, but becomes very distorted when I go outside the frame. Any Ideas? David Brown After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from David Brown <david30@cox.net>... > When I use the publisher drawing tools to make a drawing > inside a picture frame, the drawing is nice an crisp while > I am inside the picture frame, but becomes very distorted > when I go outside the frame. Any Ideas? What version of Pub...

Popup message #2
Thank you Juli -- SMIL ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SMILE's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=488 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26376 you're welcome "SMILE" <SMILE.1d8kdb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:SMILE.1d8kdb@excelforum-nospam.com... > > Thank you Julie > > > -- > SMILE > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > SMILE's Profile: > http://www.excelforum.com/membe...

Upgrade to 12.0.1 fails even though software is on the volume #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel You cannot install Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac 12.0.1 Update on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume. Does anyone know why this would be happening? I have office installed and it works fine, but I can't install this upgrade. Thanks, Fiona. <blackfm@officeformac.com> wrote: > You cannot install Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac 12.0.1 Update on this > volume. A version of the software required to install this update was > not found on this...

Synchronize all contacts
Hi all. Does anyone know how to copy all CRM contacts into Outlook Contacts? Is this done by synchronization or I need to do manually? And when I want to send an CRM email in Outlook Client, I click "To" , then choose Show name from the: "All Contacts", I don't see any contact in the list. Does anyone know why? How can I see them? Thank for any help, DK. Hi DK. To move your CRM contacts into Outlook, you should create of view in CRM of the contacts that you want to migrate and then export them to Excel by clicking the Excel logo in the top right corner of the...

Conversion from Quicken #2
I "converted" from Quicken 2004 to MS Money 2005. However, when I converted the QIF file, only a few of the transactions appear as they should and the balances of various accounts did NOT transfer. I do get a zillion "zero" transactions. I'm thinking those represent my other transactions, but the relevant data for those got lost someplace. I would appreciate anybody's help on this one. God bless. Scott That sounds like the same symptoms I had when trying to import Quicken2004 into Money2004. You must have Money 2005 AND you need an online update in order ...

2 Files Open In 2 Instances Of Excel #3
Dave...... It works superb, But however........when the code gets to the Application.IgnoreRemoteRequests = True part, it opens a pop up prompt window saying "Existing Remote Links Will Be Terminated" And then asks for an "OK" or a "Cancel" Is there a way to stop this pop up from dissplaying? Hope you can once again help. Thanks Celtic_Avenge -- Celtic_Avenge ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Celtic_Avenger's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1410 View this thread: http://w...

Outlook password #2
I want to setup a login password for Outlook 2000 upon opening. I know this can be done. I have done it, but have forgotten how. ...

Primary Contacts for Leads
Is there no way to associate a Contact Record with a Lead? Thx Boolean1 Unfortunately no. Essentially the idea behind a Lead is that is a name and contact information that could potentially become a customer. We suggest using Leads for only storing "suspects" which is someone who either you have identified as a potential customer or someone who has registered on your site or at an event. Sean Fullerton MCSE,MCAD, MCT eMonarch www.emonarch.net "Boolean1" <Boolean1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:E82dnWNmo7tsrjPfRVn-gA@comcast.com... > Is there no way ...

Freshly installed MS CRM 1.2 Server error on Web Site
I just installed CRM 1.2 on Windows 2003 Server successfully. When I go to http://localhost, the CRM site comes up, but when I go to the Home My Home page button on the left (initially starts there), this error is displayed in the main frame: Server Error in '/home' Application. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error M...

Accessing Contact fields from the opportunity form
Hi This may be a basic question but I have not been able to find the answer in lots of searching...or maybe I don't know when the answer is looking me in the face..... Users would like to be able to see some of the address fields of a contact in an opportunity which relates to this contact (so they don't have to go back to look at the contact details, they appear on the opportunity form). How do I go about getting the contact details via script when I am on the opportunity form? In the same vein, I would like to be able to break the contact name into firstname and lastname so that use...

Sub Contacts related to account
Hi Everybody Is there anyway i can see the contacts of a particular parent account, instead of seeing all the contacts. Thanks in Advance. Regards -- Jaber You can either open the account to see its contacts or do an advanced find to search for all contacts who's parent account is x.. ============================= John O'Donnell Microsoft Dynamics ISV Architect Evangelist http://blogs.msdn.com/usisvde "Jaber" <Jaber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8F2849E-A8DD-4399-B45D-5D073D2F6A05@microsoft.com... > Hi Everybody > Is there anyway i ca...

WinXP Outlook 2003: Unable to Export Contacts to CSV File
Something odd is going on. When I try to export Contacts (File-Import/Export-Outlook...-Export to a file-Comma Seperated Values (Windows) The only folder to export from is an obscure PST file I created a few years back, at the same time I created many other PST files, all of which are in the same location, noe of which show up - only this one. Why can I only see one PST file? Why can't I see anything related to a Contacts file? Windows Explorer has been taking forever to show folders lately,and I've been getting periodic error messages stating: "svchost.exe - Applicatio...

Outlook bar folders
"I'm trying to make the last folder on the outlook bar be the first folder in viewing and have it displayed when the program open...": Is it a folder or a group and if its a group is it one of the default groups. If a folder you can drag it into position if its a default group check out http://support.microsoft.com?scid=kb;EN-US;Q198012 "Tina Taylor" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c3901c3db6a$b686a6c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > "I'm trying to make the last folder on the outlook bar be > the first folder in viewing and hav...

bin locations #2
Item bin locations need to be set at store level - not HQ level. It should work the same as store quantities and reorder/restock levels. Almost all items are kept in different locations at different stores. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www....

Exchange 2000 - Additional Server
Hi We have 2 sites, connected via a 256k leased line, separated into 2 subnets. On the site with the Internet gateway, we have an Exchange server 2000, which currently all clients at both sites connect to via Outlook 2000. We have approx 25 users at each site. I would like to put a second exchange server at our remote site, so that when they get attachments etc, they don't have to wait forever etc. We would then have each person's mailbox on the server that they normally use, I can get my site log on scripts to deal with which Exchange server they use. I am thinking maybe we coul...

unable to resolve name #2
I have exchange 5.5 sp4 ,some users cannot add multiple mailbox from control panel, mail... They can add another mailbox from the outlook. When they try to add mailbox they got this message:"unable to resolve name" any ideas?? this problem occur on any os ver and any outlook ver Thanks ...

Hoe to recover deleted public folder
Hi to All I deleted a Public Folder from Exchnage Administrator Consol suddenly. Please guide me how to Recover that folder. I need last emails. not previous. I have Exchange Server 2003 on Windows 2003 Server. Regards, B.Majidi Hi Babak Majidi ! If YOu have "Deleted item retention" set to more than 0 days, You can try within the retention time to get the item backvia Outlook Web access 1. Click on public folders, it will open up a new windows with the public folder structure 2. Browse to the parent folder of the delete object, right click on the parent public folder and s...

Windows Mail
Hello Do you have any useful links to resources to save attachments with a script or rule in windows mail. What I have seen, there is only an option to move the message to a special folder in the windows mail rules ´ Thank you for your help Peter None that I'm aware of. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Peter Bauer" <PeterBauer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:A78829FA-47CF-45F3-AA89-16B338BDF3A9@microsoft.com... >=20 > Hello >=20 > D...

Outlook Contacts disappearing
The CEO's secretary has editor access to his Contacts (Outlook 2000). She is the one who updates his data on a regular basis. Sometimes, she will type them in and save them. A few seconds later, they will disappear right before her eyes. They are not in the deleted items folder. He is not simultaneously editing the contacts. Any ideas? ...