synchronising Outlook 2007 contacts with backed up version

Hi all,

I use Win XP Pro with a Nokia 'smartphone'.  In early December, Nokia
invited me to download and install a new synchronisation package that
truncated some of the entries in my Outlook 2007 including the longer Notes
fields in my Contacts; I don't know what else I lost, but some 200 entries
were affected.

I had mirrored my HDD prior to this, and would like to use this archive to
recover the lost data.  When the Outlook field on my computer incorporates
newer information than the mirrored version, I would like this incorporated.

As Nokia has not replied to repeated requests for help, I would be grateful
for any suggestions from this dicussion group.

Thank you in advance,

Copy the backed-up pst-file to a convenient location such as \My
Documents\Outlook\

You can now reconnect to that pst-file via;
File-> Open-> Outlook Data File...

You can now copy over any data that got missing in your Nokia sync.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"cr" <cr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I use Win XP Pro with a Nokia 'smartphone'.  In early December, Nokia
> invited me to download and install a new synchronisation package that
> truncated some of the entries in my Outlook 2007 including the longer
> Notes
> fields in my Contacts; I don't know what else I lost, but some 200 entries
> were affected.
>
> I had mirrored my HDD prior to this, and would like to use this archive to
> recover the lost data.  When the Outlook field on my computer incorporates
> newer information than the mirrored version, I would like this
> incorporated.
>
> As Nokia has not replied to repeated requests for help, I would be
> grateful
> for any suggestions from this dicussion group.
>
> Thank you in advance,

0
Roady
2/16/2010 2:55:42 AM
"cr" <cr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I had mirrored my HDD prior to this, and would like to use this archive to
> recover the lost data.  When the Outlook field on my computer incorporates
> newer information than the mirrored version, I would like this incorporated.

Robert describes the only built-in medthod for this.  There are no tools in
Outlook that will merge items, taking some of the data from one and some of
the data from another.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Controlling Access to Contact's History
Is there a way to set a security role up so a user can't delete items from a Contact's History? The user would still need rights to read/ write to the contact record. Go to Settings-->business unit settings-->security roles Choose a role to edit (other than system administrator, you can't change that one). Select the Core Records tab. History, in terms of tasks and appointments, is controlled by the Activity row. History, in terms of notes, is controlled by the Note row. You can set the read and write "pies" seperately from the Delete "pie". Clear th...

edit Punlisher version in multiple documents
I have a publisher folder that contains several other folders. In these "sub folders" are publisher documents for departments to revise for a City-wide publication. My problem: documents are saved in Publisher 2003 and not all departments have the latest version. I want to convert all of the documents into Publisher 2000 so they can be opened and modified by departments. How do I "save as" Publisher 2000 without opening each foler and then each document. Do advanced attributes work? How? Many thanks for any help. You don't want to hear the answer. You alrea...

Unable to go back online with SOF
I was checking the offline capabilities of SOF but now I can't go back online. It gives me "The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.". I can access the website perfectly from that machine. Is there a place where I can check what the specified domain is? -- Development Consultant Asyst International - South Africa Microsoft CRM - South Africa Open Forum http://www.asyst.co.za/crmforum HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM Have you tried removing the crmaddin.dll and re-adding it? I would recommend retracing what the user did (assuming ...

Contact First & Last names the wrong way around
In Outlook 2003 when creating a new contact I typed their name into the name field in the order Firstname Middlename Lastname and Outlook placed them in the correct order. I've recently upgraded to Outlook 2007 and now when I type in a name, for example John Smith Outlook takes John as the lastname and Smith as the Firstname and displays John, Smith (it's set to file as Lastname, Firstname). Options > Preferences > Contact Options > Default Fullname Order is set to Firstname Middlename Lastname (as I want it). To confuse things further I have a number of co...

Synchronise Outlook 2003

Filter Lookup for Responsible Contact in CASE when Customer is sel
Hi, I have tried one of the posted article as below and understand how it works. But I hope the responsible contact will list up in the lookup window when the related customer is selected. Anyone offers help? Thanks. //Limit the entities one can choose of crmForm.all.customerid.lookuptypes="2"; crmForm.all.customerid.lookuptypenames="contact:2"; alert("1a"); //Change the default lookup type if (crmForm.all.regardingobjectid != null) { crmForm.all.regardingobjectid.setAttribute("defaulttype", "2"); alert("2a"); } ...

Office 2007 and Windows 7 Multilingual Issue
Hi All, Need some help setting up multilingual for Office 2007. Here's what I have: OS: Windowns 2007 Enterprise Office: Office 2007 Pro w/ SP2 Language Pack: Install several language packs thru the Windows 7 Update process So, here's the thing. I can't get the UI in the office apps (WOrd, Excel, etc) to display the language I want. For example, I want the ribbon to display in Chinese. Reading thru the documentations from Microsoft, it saids I need to select the laugage in the "Display Language" tab on All Programs -> Microsoft Office -> M...

Sharing tasks in OL 2007
We have a staff Atty office which keeps task lists for Civil (CV) and Criminal (CR) cases by year. There are like 2 - 3 for every year such as CV09 and CR09, however they track for more than just the current year. The person that creates these lists uses some user defined fields so when new users get these shared, they have to create the same fields. My question relates to the inconsistent behavior of the field when adding it to a new task list. Sometimes, the user enters a new field and it is available for subsequent task lists and other times the user has to add teh same new...

Sharing Outlook #2

Outlook user profiles

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

Sending URL in Outlook XP

Outlook Signatures #4

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

2 spaces as a typo in PowerPoint 2007
Is there any to have 2 spaces be a typo in PowerPoint 2007 like it is in Word? Yup, under Office button choose PowerPoint Options from the bottom right corner. From the new menu choose Proofing. Under AutoCorrect Options... you have the opportunity to add various typos you wish PowerPoint to correct. Kristiina AndyA wrote: >Is there any to have 2 spaces be a typo in PowerPoint 2007 like it is in Word? -- I help with Excel and PowerPoint Office ToDo http://www.officetodo.com Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/powerpoint/201005/1 ...

Error by open contacts or activities after Migration to CRM 3.0
Hello, i ve migrated our CRM 1.2 System to CRM 3.0 Now I get a error-page when I open contacts or activities or so. I cannot open the main form of these entities (customizing). Any ideas? Stefan ...

Outlook 2003: export accounts settings

EXCEL 2007 acting up
j$ = "THIS MACRO WILL ERASE THE SECOND & THIRD SET OF DATA" + Chr$(13) + Chr$(13) Using EXCEL 2007, I get an error with the line above as a macro. It does not recognize CHR$. What am I doing wrong? Thanks Not for me it didn't. Check for MISSING references in Tools>References, uncheck them if there are any. -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F63F6E95-AF0A-4927-B337-99B5C48B92B1@microsoft.com... > j$ = "THIS MACRO WILL...

Outlook 2002 cannot see address book

Quicken 2010 deluxe trial version available?
I am willing to take the plunge and migrate from Money Plus Deluxe to = Quicken 2010 (probably Deluxe, too). However, I first want to see that = claim proven, that it can indeed import all data from a money file = without any problem. Is there a trial version available? I searched the Quicken page and = apparently one can only and directly buy the stuff there. Doesn't Intuit = provide time limited trial versions? Michael No, they don't. But they do offer a 100% refund if you don't like the product before, I believe, 60 days. I purchased the software the day it came out, tes...

Outlook/Exchange 2000 connection problem