Sync "Sent Items" on two computers

I have a Notebook and a desktop system, both use
identical outlook 2002 configs for sending and recieving
email. I have my email set up to "Leave a Duplicate Copy"
on the server so I can get the same incoming emails on
both my systems.

My problem is I want to somehow sync my "Sent Items" so
that each computer is Identical in that regard as well.

Please Please help me get a handle on this.

Many thanks,

Shane
Centerville, UT
rsownbey@msn.com
801-292-9069
801-554-4142
0
anonymous (74722)

Hello Shane,

Have a look at www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.html or at my signature for a
powerful synchronization tool.

--

Thomas Wetzel
Synchronize or backup your Outlook quick and easy.

0
wetzel1 (79)

Sent Items Missing in Outlook 2002
I recently restored an Outlook .pst file and everything transferred fine back into Outlook except for the Sent items. The only items in my Sent box are the ones from my restore point forward. What could have happened to them? ...

Outlook sent items folder
Hi, Can I change the sent items folder in Outlook 2002? If not can a rule be setup to move the items into an IMAP folder? Many thanks Brendan In news:0e4101c346fc$cbb31540$a501280a@phx.gbl, Brendan Gallagher <brendan@elliptical.co.uk> typed: > Hi, > > Can I change the sent items folder in Outlook 2002? If > not can a rule be setup to move the items into an IMAP > folder? > > Many thanks > Brendan You can certainly set up a rule, but if 2002 is the same as 2000, then the rule can only be run manually. -- (I may be wrong...I usually am....) Google is your ...

Moving from Sent Items to .pst error
I am getting an error when trying to move emails from my sent items folder in my mailbox on the exchange server. ERROR: Some items could not be moved. They were already moved or deleted, or access was denied." OS: Win 2K MS Office: 2002 Mailbox size: 36 MB ..PST size: 1.2 GB ..PST location: My Docs on HD I can move one at a time, but I cannot ctrl>select all and move them to the .pst. Sometimes I can select up to 4 at time, but this is too time consuming. I need to move them not delete them. However, I would like to move them all at once. Please help!!!! Help?!?!?! >...

Changing Sent Items view in OWA 5.5
Does anyone know how to change the Sent Items view in OWA 5.5 so that it shows who the user sent to rather than who the sender was? thanks ...

'Sent items' and shared mailboxes..
Hi there, I am in a customer-service environment where users have their own PRIMARY mailbox as well numerous SHARED-mailboxes with their own separate email addresses. Basically what happens is that when the user replies to a cutomer query in a SHARED-MAILBOX, the reply goes to the users 'sent- items' rather than the shared mailbox's 'sent items'. We tried a rule, but the rule is unrelaible, and there is an expensive plug-in that can remedy the issue. Is there a cheaper 'shareware' plug- in that can ensure this or an alternative 'automatic' workaround PLE...

User Deleted Sent Items folder, trying to restore from exchange M:
User delete Sent items folder, so I got on M: drive of exchange and found the users folders on exchange. I copied the email in sent items to users pc, then copied them to MS outlook. But the email are in there but does not list "To" tag info on the display. Is there another way to do this, that will restore the "To" tag info. So the user can tell whom she sent the emails to without having to open each individual email? "Scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >User delete Sent items folder, so I got on M: drive Repeat after me: THERE I...

blank To: field in Sent items
We recently migrated from Notes to Exchange and some of my users are complaining that some messages that they forward don't have an address in the To: field in Sent Items. We are using Outlook 2003. Any ideas? Same problem here. "Sander" <noemail@noemail.com> wrote in message news:<#7SnUBm0EHA.1564@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>... > We recently migrated from Notes to Exchange and some of my users are > complaining that some messages that they forward don't have an address in > the To: field in Sent Items. We are using Outlook 2003. Any ideas? So are we...

no sent items are being saved in that folder
This has been on going since April 17th. Updates have been done. Check preferences and "Save Sent Items in Sent Folder" is checked. HELP! -- jan stephens "jan s" <jans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B74CCD9B-518B-4718-ACBC-FC7042DB7CF8@microsoft.com... > This has been on going since April 17th. Updates have been done. Check > preferences and "Save Sent Items in Sent Folder" is checked. What version of Outlook? What type of account? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

How can we save email sent via mail merge into sent items folder
When we use mail merge utility, is there a possibility to save items in sent folder so that they can be forwarded or copied to specific people later Hi, it is easy with our Mail Merge Toolkit for Microsoft Office: http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/mail_merge/ This screenshot is an answer to your question: http://www.mapilab.com/images/screenshots/mail_merge/mmt_3.gif Alexander Gorlach, MAPILab Ltd. http://www.mapilab.com/ "Sudhakar" <Sudhakar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F313B1EC-5DAD-4C9B-AA6D-701FD7E6CD70@microsoft.com... > When we use mail merge ...

How do I access sent items from another persons email?
I have been designated as an editor on my boss' email. I can view all the received items but not the sent ones. How do I access his sent items? He needs to give you permission to view that folder. He needs to right click on the sent folder and choose properties, then permissions tab to add your acct. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO...

Outlook Web Access
hello, ive been using OWA for about a year w/o any problems. however recently, the Sent Items is acting strangely -- it is no longer using the paging rules as my other folders do. instead, it displays ALL messages in a single page. this is over 4,000 messages long! needless to say, its slow to the point of near unresponsiveness. for example, when i click on "Sent Items", instead of showing the first page, it shows an expandable [+] sign and my name, like so: [+] From: Matt Del Vecchio (Items: 4570) ....and when i click on it, OWA begins the long process of getting the messages re...

Question abount sent items
Hello all, I know this is by design but I am asking the question anyway. When I associate someone elses' mailbox to my account and send an email on their behalf, Is there a way to make the sent items appear in their mailboxes instead of mine? Thanks in advance ...

Sent items not going to Sent Folder after sending
I am using Office 2003 Outlook. Recently, after sending an email the message does not show up in my Sent Folder but rather the folder of the person I sent the message to. Any suggestions? -- LGenn ...

create rule to copy sent items sent on behalf of delegate
We have a few support accounts where delegates have permission to send on behalf of this account. The Sent items will appear in the "Sent folder" of the delegate instead of account owner; apparently this is by design. This is a problem for us, though, because other delegates of the account can't see what has been sent on behalf of the account, i.e., User A does not know the support emails sent by User B on behalf of support@company.com. KB317865 supplies a solution by way of copying all the items in the Delegates Sent Folder to the account owners Sent Folder. I would like to know...

Outlook Express 2002 Sent Items Folder stopped logging sent email
My Outlook Express 'Sent Items' folder stopped logging email that I have been sending. My messages go out, but are not copied to the 'Sent Items' folder. The folder had about 998 messages in it, and I moved many them to another folder, but mail still is not copied to it The icon for the folder has a dash in it. What can I do? Please clarify for me. There is Outlook Express which is part of Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Outlook which is part of Microsoft Office. "MarxBrother" <MarxBrother@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52...

Delegates to view Sent Items
Hi, I want to enable delegates to be able to view Sent Items and Deleted Items of a user. Is there a straight forward way of doing this? The only solution that I can see is the give the delegate permissions to the the user and setup an additional profile in outlook for the delegate, which is quite messy and difficult for the delegate to use. Thanks for any help. Steve Right-click on the properties of the Sent Items and Deleted Items folders and choose Permissions. Add those people you want to be able to view these folders. Instruct those users to view the Sent or Deleted Items...

sent items folder #3
After sending a rather large E-mail, I can no longer open my "sent items folder". There is a minus (-) sign beside it. Please help. ...

To field is blank when a message is sent and saved to sent items
I have a user who recently was upgraded to Outlook 2003 for Outlook 2002. He has a third party app that sends out legal documents. What it does is compose the email and put the attachments in it and puts the messages in his draft folder. He reviews them and sends them out. Since going to Outlook 2003 the emails are in his Sent Items but the TO field is blank. When they were in his draft folder the TO field had the email address in it. if you bring up the email and click on resend it shows the email address in the TO field. My question is what would cause the email address to be hidden or disa...

OWA
My "Sent Items" mail folder shows the "From" Column, instead of the "To" column. Obviously, the email is from me, so I am listed in the "From" column for every email. It makes it impossible to search for an email sent "TO' a specific individual. Others in my office correctly show the "To" column. My Tech support cannot see anything different between my setup and anyone else. Does anyone know what needs to be changed so I can see the "To" Column in the "Sent Items" View? thanks, Nelson Look for the view butto...

Why do sent items instantly appear in my inbox after send/receive?
I send a reply, or a new message, and the message, complete w/ my digital signature appear in my inbox as if I'd cc'd myself, but haven't. I'm worried the emails aren't getting to the intended recipient, and don't know how to redirect these into Sent items, rather than Inbox. ...

IMAP sent items RULE bug (post-SP 2)
I recently updated to SP2 and was using the newly fixed rule bug applying to sent items on an IMAP account when I realized that this rule will ONLY work IF the account is set as default. This wouldn't be microsoft tapping me on the shoulder and whispering (again) "buy exchange, buy exchange", would it? :) Anyone have a solution for this one? ...

Sent items associated with attached mailboxes
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003. Currently I have a mailbox attached to my profile in Outlook and ocassionally I need to reply to emails which are in the inbox of this mailbox. But when I send replies to emails the reply is stored in the sent items folder under my personal mailbox and not the attached one. Is it Possible to have the replies automatically stored in the sent item folder under the attached mailbox? I did try to setup a rule to redirect the emails but Outlook does not recognise the mailbox as an email account im my profile. Thanks -- Airwave Hi Airwave, Outlook does not...

Using the Additional Mialbox sent items.
Hi, i have got 2 mailboxes, my primary mailbox and an additional mailbox that i open. Now if i send an email from the additional mailbox, rather than the email going through to the corresponding sent items it goes to my primary mailbox, is there anyway to make the emails goto the sent items of the additional mailbox rather than the primary? Thanks. ...

Is there a way to get Outlook to prompt me to save in Sent Items?
I have the "save a copy in sent items" option on, but my mailbox fills up really fast. I'd like to have a prompt each time I hit the send button. The prompt would ask me if I would like to save a copy in my Sent Items folder and I would be able to respond yes or no. This way I can be judicious about what I save (and I don't have a huge clean-up effort every so often!). Is this possible? Sure. You need to use VBA - see if outlookcode.com has a code sample for this. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &am...