Symantec DLL and Outlook

After installing the new Symantec Anti-Virus Client 9.0
and rebooting, I now get the following meesage when first
trying on open an email:
The add-in "D:\Program Files\Symantec\vpmsece.dll" could
not be installed or loaded.  This problem may be resolved
by using Detect and Repair on the Help Menu. Unable to
load "D:\Program Files\Symantec\vpmsece.dll". You may be
out of memory, out of system resources or missing a .dll
file.

I have ran the repair with not luck. I have plenty of
resources.  Any idea why this is happening and how I can
correct it?
0
anonymous (74722)

You need to rename/delete the file named extend.dat.  Assuming you are
running Win2K/XP, the file should be under one of the following locations
(these directories are hidden)

\documents and settings\<userid>\application data\microsoft\outlook
\documents and settings\<userid>\local settings\application
data\microsoft\outlook

"Susan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After installing the new Symantec Anti-Virus Client 9.0
> and rebooting, I now get the following meesage when first
> trying on open an email:
> The add-in "D:\Program Files\Symantec\vpmsece.dll" could
> not be installed or loaded.  This problem may be resolved
> by using Detect and Repair on the Help Menu. Unable to
> load "D:\Program Files\Symantec\vpmsece.dll". You may be
> out of memory, out of system resources or missing a .dll
> file.
>
> I have ran the repair with not luck. I have plenty of
> resources.  Any idea why this is happening and how I can
> correct it?

0
neoheart (690)