Switching to a shared Calendar in a Public Folder changes the input locale?

Hello,

We have the Outlook client installed in English everywhere but many
users have keyboards with layouts for different languages.

When some users go to certain public folders and open, e.g., a shared
calendar, the language bar changes from EN to another layout. It's a
soon as they click on the Calendar tree - they don't even have to open
an item.

Does the top-level folder take the layout of the creator? How can it
be changed, and avoided in future please?

Thanks,

- Alan.

0
bruguy (167)

Changing the default folder view when opening or saving a file
In PowerPoint 2003, when clicking file>open to open an existing file, the “open” window defaults to the List view. Can the “Details” view be saved as the default? ...

How do i get the excel worksheet to automatically add or change c.

OWA changing password problem
When I log onto OWA to change my password, th Internet Service Manager pops up just like it should And all the fields are empty except for the ACCOUN field The problem is that the first letter is missing Exchange2003 on win2003 DC I have the exact same problem. I believe it to be an AD issue since I've seen the same thing with other products. Anyone have any ideas? "gottado" wrote: > When I log onto OWA to change my password, the > Internet Service Manager pops up just like it should. > And all the fields are empty except for the ACCOUNT > field. > The problem ...

How can i filter offline copy of public folder?
Hello, We have a public folders which receives all our newsletters and other news via e-mail. I want to make this available offline, but I don`t want the entire folder, only the last 14 days of e-mails. I am aware of the "FIlter" button on the Synchronization tab on the folder, but I have no option to set it to "last 14 days" here. Can anyone help? Best regards, Trond Hindenes ...

Unable to display the folder #6
HI all, We have public folder here and share information. We can browse to any folders if we navigate it from public fodler>... ba ba ba >.. ... We try to setup outlook today, and create a shortcut to some folders. However, most of them works, just a few do not. The fodler is exist and workign properly if we do not use the shortcut. Even set that specific folder as a favourite works. Just can't wotk with outlook today. Once I click the short cut to that fodler form outlook today, it will say " Unable to display the folder. Microsoft office outlook could not access t...

How to change Bridgehead server?
I'm migrating to Exchange 2003 from 5.5. Have the old 5.5 server and the new 2003 server the same Site/Administrative Group. I've moved all mailboxes to the 2003 server, and have added an SMTP connector to the 2003 server and added our domains to the address space tab , and have pointed DNS/MX records to the new server and it is receiving new mail just fine. All users connect to the new server to send/receive mail. I notice though in the email header of outgoing mail to other domains that the server that sent out the email is the old 5.5 Servername/IP Address. If I stop the...

Sharing Mailboxes #2
I am the owner of a dept mailbox and I would like to have others in my department to have access to it. They already have their own personal mailboxes, but we have a department mailbox and I will like to give them access. Thank you ...

Windows mail gremlins
I have just lost all the folders in my Windows Mail left hand margin. I have had a few problems recently where all the folders dissappear and re-booting the system makes come back, but yesterday all I have is my mailboxes. Does anyone know how I can fix both of these issues? In the left pane of Windows Mail, all that should be there are the folders. I have no idea what you mean when you say your mailboxes are in the left pane. As to the folders, check: View->Layout->Folder List Expat;1634506 Wrote: > I have just lost all the folders in my Windows Mail left hand m...

Transfer Calendar, Folder List, Contacts, Rules, etc
Win2K O2K SP3 Outlook2K I had to create a new user/profile for myself on the same PC. The previous user/profile is still accessible. How can I transfer my Outlook settings, i.e. Calendar, Contacts, Folder Lists, Rules and others to 'the new' user? Copy over the pst-file and reconnect to it via; File-> Open-> Personal Data File... Also see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http:...

Sharing workbook with macros
I have an excell workbook I need to share on my LAN. While designing I needed to use a little VBA code for some operations. Is there any way I can share this worksheet allowing changes by multiple users and run it's macros for operations? Tnks! ...

How do I change the ruler to inches in access
It's generally considered polite to put your question in the body of the post, rather than strictly post a subject. As well, details such as what version of Access and of Windows can be useful. That having been said, Access gets its unit of measure from the operating system. The only way to have the ruler in Access be in inches is to choose U.S. rather than Metric for the Measurement Units in Regional Settings in the Control Panel. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Johnotaker" <Johnotaker@discussions.microsoft...

Exclude one calendar from being sychronized with Exchange Server
Hello Is it possible to exclude one Outlook calendar (folder) from being sychronized with the Exchange Server? Suppose I have two Outlook calendars set up: one for work-related appointments, one for private appointments. Now, I would like have my work calendar to be sychronized with the Exchange Server at work, but not the private calendar. Is that possible? System: - Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2007 - Exchange Server 2003 (I cannot change anything on the Exchange Server) Thank you Sagi Hello, I don't think it is possible within the Exchange-Mailbox-account in Outlook, but you could ...

How to increase folder size of my 2003 Autlook, it is full
It seems like it is impossible, but I guess I ran out of room in Outlook 2003. I need all this info, how can I enlarge the folder..........Peter It is indeed practically impossible. Your post is quite unclear. Clarify what you mean along with the evidence that makes you think Outlook is "full." -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "PeterM" <pmaston@comcast.net> wrote in message news:0d-dncBp_ZgvEK_YnZ2dnUVZ_tCdnZ2d@comcast.com... > It seems like it is impossible, but I guess I ran out of room in Outlook > 2003. I need all this info, how can I enlarge the fol...

changing filter arrow colors
When using the filter option, if you have a large number of columns filtered it is difficult to determine which field arrows are filtered and which are not due to the small arrow on the filter arrow changing to blue vs the unfiltered arrows remaining black. If there was a more distinct color change, ie bright red it would be easier to determine which column was filtered. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do ...

Change the Default Comment Format to NOT be bold
I have changed the DEFAULT font on the comments by doing the following: 1. Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties. 2. On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. 3. From the Item dropdown, choose Tootip 4. Choose a font size, click OK, click OK. . . . . . and I see where there is an icon to click to turn the Bold function on and off; but it is not working for me. Is this just the way it is? or am I doing something wrong? I do not want the default for comments to be bold. ...

Linking AD Users To A Public Folder
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C5305E.8E4E6A90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I have a list of external (Non-Exchange) contacts created within an = organizational unit in Win2000. I would like to have a public folder = that links to this OU so certain people can view / change the contact = information as necessary. I'm using Exchange 2000. Can this be done? Thanks, --=20 Jason Silva York County FCU IT Manager BS-IT Student - UOP ------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C5305E....

Creating Calendars
Hi there, I am trying to create a calendar of clients birthdays. I have right clicked the calendar icon and created and named the calendar "Birthdays". I went to export data from the main calendar but I am having problems understanding how to map the fields in order for the contacts birthday info to be transferred. Could someone give me a step by step on this. I just want the person's name and birthdate. ...

Change Email from OnClick to On Deactivate
My Report is emailed from an On Click control, I am want to change it to On Deactivate of my Report is this possible, here is my code from a control Thanks if you can help me...................Bob Private Sub SendMailButton_Click() On Error GoTo ErrorHandler Dim lngID As Long, strMail As String, strBodyMsg As String, _ blEditMail As Boolean, sndReport As String, strCompany As String Dim msgPmt As String, msgBtns As Integer, msgTitle As String, msgResp As Integer Select Case Me.OpenArgs Case "ownerStatement" sndReport = "rptOwner...

Page Cannot Be Displayed when browsing Users and Permissions as a local Administrator
We have a sandbox that has Business Portal on it and we are using the Administrator account which hasn't been touched since we installed Windows 2003 Server. When we browse to Manage Business Portal Users box web parts say we are not authorized. We are browsing from a client machine logged in as Administrator so why can't we see our BP Users? Thanks in advance. ...

Localization problem (TN057)
Hi everybody, I want to localize my rather big MFC project. I read many articles about localization and created a simple french SDI project for practise. (I am using VC 6.0 on Win 2000 both german versions). The problem is that the dialogs from MFC (like file dialogs) are still in german. If I follow the steps on TN057 I can get "mixed laguage" dialogs with french "ouvrir" in the title bar but with german "öffnen" on the button. Is there a way of getting "full french" MFC dialogs without changing anything with my Windows? I could not find a...

Change link between form and subform

Making CFileDialog Forget Directoy Change
Is there a way to make the file dialog not update the stored initial directory? There are tertiary files that my users occasionally will need to access, but I don't want that to muck up the initial location of the file dialog. If you know the initial directory that they should be shown then set that in CFileDialog::m_ofn.lpstrInitialDir before you call DoModal on the CFileDialog. AliR. "Fish in a Barrel" <aaron.m.johnson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1155912128.645535.235410@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to make the file dialog not update the st...

Money SB 2005- How to change account type
I recently upgraded to Money 2005 Small Business from 2003. I restored my backup file so I would have all my info, but now I have an account that is listed as a business account, but should be catorgoized as a personal account. How do I change this? I looked everywhere! Please help. ...

Automatic change color of searched value in a column...
Per below list, i want to change colour of a cell whose value matches with CELL A1 contents. For example: A1 = 239.05 Column B 1) 235.66 2) 154.60 3) 239.05 4) 522.05 As I enter 239.05 in cell A1 it automatically change colour of CELL B3 (that's equal to 239.05). Any possibility? Be noted that it should seach for the first occurence only.. also what amendment can enable the proposed solution to search for all first & next occurence ? Regards, Syed You can use Format|Conditional formatting. Select column B and with B1 active: format|Conditional formatting Cell value is: ...

Copying folder list to Excel spreadsheet
Is it possible to copy a folder listing or directory to an Excel spreadsheet? Peter, This code gets the FileNames, but doesn't store the names in the worksheet - should be easy. NOTE: - Hidden files aren't picked up. Sub test() Dim sFileName As String Dim sMainDir As String sMainDir = "C:\" sFileName = Dir(sMainDir & "*.*") ' Initialize "Dir" command! Do Until sFileName = "" ' Store name here sFileName = Dir ' Get next file with "Dir"! Loop End Sub regards, JohnI "Peter Pardu...