Support of multiple users in Outlook?

Hi,

Palm convert here with a question.

In my Palm desktop I was able to separate my Notes, Calendar, Tasks, etc.
from my wife as a separate user.  We both had palm devices and each
maintained separate schedules on our devices and on the desktop.

How do we do that in Outlook?

Thanks,
John

0
ljohnwu (3)

"John" <ljohnwu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Palm convert here with a question.
>
> In my Palm desktop I was able to separate my Notes, Calendar, Tasks, etc.
> from my wife as a separate user.  We both had palm devices and each
> maintained separate schedules on our devices and on the desktop.

Separate login accounts in Windows NT/2000/XP.
-or-
Separate mail profiles in Outlook (Mail applet in Control Panel).

** Post replies to the newsgroup. Share with others. **
For e-mail, remove "NIX" and append "#VC811" to Subject.

Vanguard,

Newbie question here, how do I go about setting up the separate mail profile
in outlook?

"Vanguard" <vanguard.code@comcastNIX.net> wrote in message
> "John" <ljohnwu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Palm convert here with a question.
>>
>> In my Palm desktop I was able to separate my Notes, Calendar, Tasks, etc.
>> from my wife as a separate user.  We both had palm devices and each
>> maintained separate schedules on our devices and on the desktop.
>

> Separate login accounts in Windows NT/2000/XP.
> -or-
> Separate mail profiles in Outlook (Mail applet in Control Panel).

> ** Post replies to the newsgroup. Share with others. **
> For e-mail, remove "NIX" and append "#VC811" to Subject.

ljohnwu (3)
1/2/2006 4:07:12 PM
> Vanguard,
>
> Newbie question here, how do I go about setting up the separate mail
> profile in outlook?

Which operating system are you using?  If an NT-based version (Windows
NT/2000/XP) then why not use separate Windows login accounts?

Windows XP is the OS.  Just for the sake of simplicity, we'd rather not log
out then log in as a different user.  Under the Palm OS desktop, we could
simply go under a user menu and toggle between the two of us to see each
other's schedule, yet still keep our contacts, to-do's, etc. separate.

Is there a way of doing something similar in Windows & Outlook?

Thanks for the assistance.

> "John" <ljohnwu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Vanguard,
>>
>> Newbie question here, how do I go about setting up the separate mail
>> profile in outlook?
>

> Which operating system are you using?  If an NT-based version (Windows
> NT/2000/XP) then why not use separate Windows login accounts?

0
ljohnwu (3)
1/3/2006 1:35:42 PM
> Windows XP is the OS.  Just for the sake of simplicity, we'd rather not
> log out then log in as a different user.  Under the Palm OS desktop, we
> could simply go under a user menu and toggle between the two of us to see
> each other's schedule, yet still keep our contacts, to-do's, etc.
> separate.
>
> Is there a way of doing something similar in Windows & Outlook?

You can use Mail applets but they aren't that easy.  Define multiple
profiles using the Mail applet in Control Panel.  Do NOT select to use a
default profile.  Then when you start Outlook, you will need to choose which
mail profile to use.  You have to exit and restart Outlook to change to
another mail profile.

Since you didn't mention WHICH version of Outlook that you are using:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918/en-us
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287072/en-us
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/195718/en-us
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/181142/en-us
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/171376/en-us

You do know about the Fast User Switching mode in Windows XP, right?
 Start -> Help and Support, search on "fast user switching".

edit Punlisher version in multiple documents
I have a publisher folder that contains several other folders. In these "sub folders" are publisher documents for departments to revise for a City-wide publication. My problem: documents are saved in Publisher 2003 and not all departments have the latest version. I want to convert all of the documents into Publisher 2000 so they can be opened and modified by departments. How do I "save as" Publisher 2000 without opening each foler and then each document. Do advanced attributes work? How? Many thanks for any help. You don't want to hear the answer. You alrea...

Synchronise Outlook 2003

Sharing Outlook #2

Outlook user profiles

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

Report Error
Hi all, any ideas on this.... We have created a number of Quotation Reports that work fine for all users except one ! When she runs the report she gets an error saying the sub report can be found. I have checked that she is in the same CRM groups as other users and checked that she is in the Reporting group in Windows/SQL - all looks fine. Any help would be appreciated Thanks Ian Hi Ian, Does she have problem with this report only or this happens to her other reports as well? Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com On Nov 7, 5:29 am, "Ian Kelsall" <...

Select Multiple Folders
I have an Excel application, where the user can browse to a folder and process all the documents in that folder. I use the Office 10 FileDialog object (FolderPicker) to allow the user to do this with an easily recognizable dialog box. The problem is, the users would like to select multiple folders at a time (which FolderPicker does not allow). I could allow them Browse and select a folder, add it to a list, then Browse again and add to the list, then Browse again, but that would be a long tedious process. Is there anything that would allow me to select multiple folders at a time, similar to...

Sending URL in Outlook XP

Outlook Signatures #4

determining user-defined chart definition
How can I look at the code/description of a user-defined chart? ...

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

Deleting Multiple Public Folders
Hi Folks; I have Exchange 2000 installed and I had configured a newsfeed. That made about 65,000 public folders and I later decided to remove the newsfeed. I can delete the folders one by one but I can't seem to delete them all en masse. Does anyone know how to efficiently delete these public folders? Unsubscribing from the newsfeed first, of course. Can you delete multiples using Outlook? "Marvin Miller" <sales@real.com> wrote in message news:e49WxLcYGHA.4884@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi Folks; > > I have Exchange 2000 installed and I had configured a news...

Outlook 2003: export accounts settings

Outlook 2002 cannot see address book

Outlook/Exchange 2000 connection problem

Promoting Email to CRM Activity in Outlook
Is there a way to associate an email to two accounts when promoting it to a CRM Activity? Lynn Lynn, if you'd like to link the email to multiple regarding objects, you're out of luck. Only one regarding object can be set, though the email will also be linked to all of the senders/recipients ('activity parties'). Ilana. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "MattNC" <MattNC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70F78E3C-272A-4515-B393-38700C767B65@microsoft.com... > After you click the &qu...

Outlook 2002
We have a single user who is attaching multiple documents through DOCSOpen to an email message. If he saves this message so he can send it later, it will not send. He just hits the SEND button and nothing happens. According to him , this doesn't happen when he sends an email straight away. Only when it is saved. He has to restart his machine for the email to send. DOes anyone have any ideas? We are running XP with Office XP (2002-SP2) Thank you in advance ...

Prevent wandering users
Is there a way that I can 'lock' a sheet to prevent users from scrolling to the right or down the page? I'd like to keep them on the form I've created and not let them move to the right or down at all. thanks ~cr If you hide all columns to the right and all rows below, the user can only move around within the visible cells. You would need to protect the worksheet so that can't change the hidden status. On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 11:46:09 -0700, cindee <cindee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way that I can 'lock' a sheet to prevent users from s...

Hot to Stop Outlook 2007 Forcing Images to Bitmaps
Hello, How can Outlook 2007 be set to not convert images to bitmaps? I've just been upgraded to Office 2007 and am having problems with images in Outlook 2007 emails. In Office 2003 I could do up charts in Excel, then to a [Copy as Picture]|[As shown when printed], followed by a [Paste Special]|[Picture (Enhanced Metafile)] in Outlook emails. This would give me an identical image as the Excel chart pasted into the body of the email so people could see the chart as they read the email without clicking about with attachments. It worked great in 2003 and kept the size of the email...

Outlook 2003 and Vista Business??
When I receive an email in plain text with a hyperlink in it a search function in my Document folder is started when I click the hyperlink? If I copy the link to IE7 theres is no problem. If the mail is HTML coded no problem occurs when I click the link. How come?? -- Regards Peter "Peter Jensen" <fup@snyd.dk> skrev i meddelelsen news:798D10C7-867F-4297-89C3-614510007FE0@microsoft.com... > When I receive an email in plain text with a hyperlink in it a search > function in my Document folder is started when I click the hyperlink? If I > copy the link to I...

Print quote for the client-Outlook
Hi. Some has a master document of example that is used for the functionality to print supply for the client of the client for sales of Outlook? I have a document but when the quotation has several products are damaged. ...