storing e-mail on computer and then accessing the e-mails without going through outlook

Hi there,

Our e-mail comes in on a pop3 server. My Boss wants to set it up so
that we put a copy of all of his client e-mail folders on our backup
drive so that I can access them if I need the information. I looked
through outlook help (we have 2003) and saw some information on
personal folders, but you need to view the messages in a .pst format
through outlook, which is what we want to avoid. We want to be able to
just see the e-mail in question and double click on it to view.

In addition, he would like it so that everytime an e-mail is added to a
folder it will automatically update on the external drive.

Is this possible? My Boss is convinced that it is.

Thank you!

In news:1142460007.715255.14920@e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com,
maryalicestrong@gmail.com <maryalicestrong@gmail.com> typed:
> Hi there,
>
> Our e-mail comes in on a pop3 server. My Boss wants to set it up so
> that we put a copy of all of his client e-mail folders on our backup
> drive so that I can access them if I need the information. I looked
> through outlook help (we have 2003) and saw some information on
> personal folders, but you need to view the messages in a .pst format
> through outlook, which is what we want to avoid. We want to be able to
> just see the e-mail in question and double click on it to view.
>
> In addition, he would like it so that everytime an e-mail is added to
> a folder it will automatically update on the external drive.
>

> Is this possible? My Boss is convinced that it is.
>
> Thank you!

Nothing native will do this. You might look at www.slipstick.com -

0
lanwench (7567)
3/16/2006 1:31:20 AM
Hi... sorry to be a pain, but I looked at slipstick and didn't see
anything. We can totally buy an addon or something, but I just need to
know what.

Hopefully I am explaining myself in an understandable way... we
basically want an offline archive of our e-mails in order to quickly
reference information. We do not have a microsoft exchange e-mail
server, we have pop3.

"mapv" <maryalicestrong@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi... sorry to be a pain, but I looked at slipstick and didn't see
> anything. We can totally buy an addon or something, but I just need to
> know what.
>
> Hopefully I am explaining myself in an understandable way... we
> basically want an offline archive of our e-mails in order to quickly
> reference information. We do not have a microsoft exchange e-mail
> server, we have pop3.

I understand...you want to automate the storage of your email as individual
files on your file server/disk. There's nothing that will do that for you
natively. If you didn't find anything at Slipstick (try searching for
'housekeeping' ) I don't know what to tell you, sorry.

0
lanwench (7567)

Reporting from Project Server

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems