Stop mail from changing postition once replied to

How can I stop Outlook 2003 e-mail message from changing location in my in
box once I have addressed them or replied to them?

It scoots them to the bottom of my e-mail list and just rotates them as I
work them...

sounds like you are sorting by the modified date or icon - click on the
received field to sort by it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Crazy4Bruce" <magraham929@comcast.net> wrote in message
> How can I stop Outlook 2003 e-mail message from changing location in my in
> box once I have addressed them or replied to them?
>
> It scoots them to the bottom of my e-mail list and just rotates them as I
> work them...

0
msnews1660 (730)

E-mail signatures in CRM 3.0
Hi I'm having problems with having my signature automatically appear when I'm sending e-mails through CRM. Does anyone have the same problem or knows how to solve this? Regards Halldor Hello Halldor, There is no possibility as far as I know to generate a Autosignature for sending e-mails thru the MS CRM Web-Client. But we are working on an Add-On which will do excatly this. Each user will have the possibility to define his own personal signature which will be added then automatically. We will release this product next week and if you are interesed please send me an email....

Stop alerting me about missing media information
I have Windows Media Player set so it will not download media information from the Net. After a CD has been ripped, Media Player always alerts me with the following pop-up message: "Windows Media Player cannot download media information for this CD." I already know that! I have it set that way on purpose. That's the way I want it. How do I set Windows Media Player to stop alerting me that it cannot download media information after ripping has completed? Windows Media Player 12.0.7600.16415 Windows 7 Home Premium Well... I guess there is no answer to my qu...

Changing Item Tracking To Enable Serial Number Tracking
Through GP you cannot change the tracking option if an item has any on hand or on order quantity amounts. Has anybody changed the tracking option outside of GP and can tell me the other steps that need to be taken to build the serial number inventory? Thanks -- Charles Allen, MVP Charles: First, you need to do a decrease adjustment to move the items out of stock. The, change the ITMTRKOP field in IV00101 to '2' for those items you want to track. Finally, perform an increase adjustment to bring the material back in and record the serial numbers. Then I'd run reconcile on ...

Disable Mail Out of My Domain
How can I disable Exchange Users to Mail out of my domain?? http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq_sec3.htm Dave wrote: > How can I disable Exchange Users to Mail out of my domain?? ...

formula change problem #2
The columns that the formula is referencing can change locations on th spreadsheet, if a user inserts a new column. To simplify the questio I put the actual column numbers in the formula but actually I will hav an integer defined that will hold the column number. That integer wil get populated by grabbing the column number from a named cell in tha particular column. I hope I explained that good enough. I was using the offset's in the formulas because that is what I am mos familiar with. Can offset's not be used in formulas? Is there a better way? Thanks -- cparson ---------...

[P2007]
Hi, I have a PM user who has just changed the login account password in AD and after that he is no longer able to login to PWA, an access denied message will show up instead. Even if I assign him as an administrator, he is still getting the same problem. He has no issue using Project Professional (with his account) to connect to the project server, it is just the PWA that he is unable to access. Did anyone encountered the same issue before? Regards Godrid Godrid: Most likely his desktop is sending the incorrect credentials. Verify that the user didn't save the passw...

E-mail stuck in Inbox, file in use, backup fails
I have a reoccuring problem that is driving me nuts. I have Small Business Server 2003 with Exchange set up. A user keeps getting a specific e-mail in her inbox in the mail store that kills the Veritas backup. The e-mail never makes it to the Outlook 2003 client. If you use OWA, the e-mail shows up there but it will not open. The page not found error is HTTP 500 server error. If you look at the log in Veritas, it says 'file in use' and 'access denied'. On the weekend I rebooted the server remotely and then permanently deleted the e-mail. The backup completed succes...

company name change
Hello Our company has recently changes names. We already have two email domains currently in use, one set as primary for everything and another which was used in the past. We have one defined SMTP address, which is primary for all users. We also have another which was used int he past, but is not listed as a SMTP address in EXCH system mgr, recipients policies. Of course, I have a new domain to add as our primary smtp address and will need to make the current smtp address secondary for users. In EXCH system mgr, I do see CCMAIL and MS properties which appear to be our old email domain...

how do i change the color of a cell auotmatically?
I am desiging a data shee and i want to changes the color of a cell based on the valuse of anthor cell. ex. if "cell m34" is equal to 0 then "cell p21" is white, if cell m34 less than 1548, then "cell P21" is yellow Can this be done? If so, please help me out. Hi! Select cell P21 Goto Format>Conditional Formatting In the dropdown select Formula is Enter this formula in the box: =AND(M34<>"",M34=0) Click the Format button and select the style to apply then click OK. Click the Add button In Condition 2 Formula is: =AND(M34>=1,M34<=154...

Mail icon on taskbar in Outlook 2000
A user right clicked on the mail icon on the taskbar and disabled it and wants it back. In Outlook 2003 there is an option to add it back, I didn't see anything in Outlook 2000. Does anyone know how I would do this? I am thinking a reinstall/repair might do the trick but I was thinking there might be something else. Thanks ...

How to Route Outbound E-mail from the Exchange Server 5.5 to another server.
Hi. I'm implementing an e-mail filter software and I need to configure my Exchange Server to route outbound e-mail to the e-mail filter server. I went to the connection tap and changed the message delivery to : Forward all message to host : "My e-mail filter server ". I need to know if what I've done is correct ? Thank you for your help. Yes, that's where you make the change. Don't forget to restart the IMS in order to affect the change. -- hth, SusanV "Javier" <jbisono@tricom.com.do> wrote in message news:uPVHjhl9DHA.1472@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...

Problems getting rid of "..Program is trying to access your e-mail addresses.."
I am trying to complete a migration to Exchange 2003 Outlook 2003 from an Exchange 5.5 Outlook 2003 environment. I have all of my clients configured so that the HKey_Local_Machine value of CheckAdminSettings is set to 1 or 2. I have identical security group documents in the Outlook 10 Security Settings and Outlook Security Settings folders. Unfortunately Some of my users are still seeing the Outllok security prompts. I have checked the permissions on the Security Settings folders and everything seems to be correct. What am I missing and why can't I make the prompts disappear. Everything...

changing calendar appearance
I can not get the calendar day of the week to start on Sunday. Version of Outlook? Are you using Compressed weekends? You need to disable compressed weekends if you want Sunday at the beginning of the week. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM New Poll: What type of email acc...

Why does Outlook display text in yellow? How can i change it?
When pasting text into an e-mail, it appears in pale yellow. Sometimes, parts of meesages from others are also yellow. How can I prevent this? Are you using stationery by any chance? -- Kathleen Orland "Wise Dog" <Wise Dog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D2FBAF7-2B2B-4C66-AE33-B2CA5A51B821@microsoft.com... > When pasting text into an e-mail, it appears in pale yellow. Sometimes, > parts of meesages from others are also yellow. How can I prevent this? ...

Mail Enabled Users vs. Mail enabled contacts......
I am needing to create a distribution group in our GAL of external people for my AD users to email. What is the difference between Mail Enabled users vs Mail enabled contacts. I am not sure which one to use? HELP For external users, you need to create mail-enabled Contacts. Contacts exist only so they can show up in the Address Book/GAL (they can be hidden, though... ) and everyone in the Org can email them. Mail-enabled users are users that have mail residing on an external system - they are security principals and can log-on to the Domain - Contacts can't. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE...

Keyboard keys stop working
Suddenly some of my keyboard keys stop working. The keys can for example be "t" "v", it's not all keys that stop working. Is this an error in my setup? Which is a Windows XP (SP1) with Office 2003, all english versions, running on a IBM A31p. When I restart my Outlook, it works again. The error has occured once in Word 2003 as well! Could anyone please help me? Regards, Jiv´┐Żn wrote: > Suddenly some of my keyboard keys stop working. > The keys can for example be "t" "v", it's not all keys > that stop working. Is this an error in m...

A message is queued at the Internet Mail Service (EXC01)
We are getting messages sent back to users not all the time but on an intermittent basis. I've looked around on the interent and only finds articles that relate to Exchange 2000 (BY THE WAY WE RUN 5.5). Does anyone have any thoughts on this. Thanks, KB when you say back do you mean ndr. try going to dnsstuff.com and checking your mx record to make sure you are not on a blacklist as well as you have a reverse ptr recrd. this sounds stupid but allot of companies are using mail firewalls that do rev lookups etc. "KB" wrote: > We are getting messages sent back to user...

Can I Stop Users Attaching Files
Hi all Users are circumventing our documentation control by attaching drawing image files to emails. These files are in a folder to which they have only read-only access. Is it possible to stop users attaching the contents of certain folders or certain file types to emails? TIA Phil Sorry, forgot the important stuff in my frustration: Win2003 Server Exchange 2003 Outlook 2003 clients Standard MS client server active directory controlled network Phil most AV solutions have the ability to block sending/receiving of certain file types... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "TheScullster...

picking up old mail from a popserver
I am moving from a Groupwise office which has popserver access to mail and want to use outlook to 'pop' in to collect all my mail from the server. However it only seems to pick up the recent mail. Even though the earlier mails have been marked as unread on the server. Is there a setting on the outlook client which will force it to pick up all unread mail on a server thanks Drew ...

Changing the data label position below the chart axis.
I'm charting some percentages. Many of them are negatives, but not all. The Y axis in my chart is more in the middle, instead of on the bottom, as with normal charts that have all positive numbers. The data labels are overlapping some of bars in the chart that are negatives. I can't get the data labels to move any further south. I've already changed the 'data label distance from axis' to the maximum of 1000. The data labels are still overlapping. Is there anything else I can try? The chart looks terrible with the labels partially on the negative bars, please help! H...

Importing Excel mail merge data doc to outlook?
Does anyone know if this can be done for a start and if so, what needs to be done. I have tried the import/export - from excel wizard in outlook but have so far only managed to import a lot of entrys that end up as blank contacts. This leads me to believe that it can be done if the settings of the excel document are correct - i just need to figure out what the correct settings are??!!! ...

receiving mail that dosen't have a mailbox on my server
how do you stop email addresses that have my domain name, but the receipant does not have a mailbox on my server please help "Brad Camden" <Bacamden@mississippilime.com> wrote: >how do you stop email addresses that have my domain name, >but the receipant does not have a mailbox on my server > > >please help In E2K3 you can now do a directory lookup and deny inbound traffic for smtp addresses that aren't in AD. There are other solutions for the older versions of Exchange. What ya got? Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exc...

Problem receiving e-mail using Outlook XP SP 3 on Win XP SP2 Machi
I have many users having issues with not receiving new e-mail until they "tickle" their Outlook by switching views. Additionally they sometimes see items staying in their Outbox even though the item is in fact delivered to the recipient. I tried both of the following KB articles. One did not help, the other one using the regedt32.exe did not have a key for 9.0, only 10.0 and 8.0. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've been troubleshooting this for 2 weeks now. Thanks, Anne Altman http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304849 or http://support.mi...

can't change the data type or field size
I am creating/editing updating fields in table design. I am trying to change the field size of the first field. But getting message.. 'You can't change the data type or field size of this field, it is part of on or more relationships. I deleted the relationship and still get the message. Can I screw anything up if I delete any other relationships. Or does access re-connect all relationships on demand. Thanks for any replies. On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 17:12:01 -0800, Steve Stad <SteveStad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am creating/editing updating field...

Address list in the Mail Merge Recipients
Does anyone know how to mail an address list in the Mail Merge Recipients box? It's a list of employeenames that will be added to for future years. Does she have to create her own? I am a WordPerfect User (bad word) and this is very frustrating because I just want to mail the address list and she can do her own merges. Shari I don't fully understand your post, but let me have a go. Publisher will merge any CSV (Comma Separated Values) which can easily be added to or names removed. You are well advised to stay well away from using the database built into Publisher as it is a meg...