stop mail from automatically downloading

Please help! How do i stop e-mail from automatically
downloading when I start Outlook? I don't always want my
mail downloaded and can't find any help on this subject
anywhere!
0
renegede1 (2)

I was also advised to try this:
When you close Outlook while working in Off-line mode
File-> Work Off Line. Outlook will also start in Off-line mode.
I'm going to try them both
Thank you

different):

>Tools>Options>Mail Delivery. Uncheck "Check for messages
...." Messages will not be downloaded automatically.  Click
"Send/Receive" button or in Tools menu when you want to
download.

>Roger
>

>"blacksheepe" <renegede1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Please help! How do i stop e-mail from automatically
>> downloading when I start Outlook? I don't always want my
>> mail downloaded and can't find any help on this subject
>> anywhere!
>

>.

0
renegede1 (2)

How to turn off automatic resizing of the view to fit selected obj
When I select objects that partially fall outsize the current window (becasue I have zoomed in on a particular detail), PPT automatically resizes my view. This makes drawing/editingn of small objects in a larger drawing tedious and time consuming. In past versions of PPT this did not happen. How can I turn-off this automatic resizing of the zoom factorview ? PPT 2007, right? Apply SP2 for Office 2007. That will fix it. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/...

How do I stop my movie playing with sound but appearing black?
I have followed all instructions in insering a .AVI movie into a Powerpoint presentation yet when I start the slideshow the sound plays perfectly but the screen remains black for the duration - there are no images or movie scenes. Try: Delete the existing vid Put the presentation in a folder with a short path (c:\ppts\ maybe) Put the vid in the same folder and re insert. If it's still black you probably don't have the correct codec installed see alsohttp://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/mediaenc1.html -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http:/...

moving mail/contacts from outlook express_ to_ outlook
I can not find any of my Outlook Express saved items: Thought they were at a location similar to below: C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook Express\Mail Searched by *.dbx / *.ibx / *.pst and opening every subfolder. Got a little ahead of ourselves and "switched" from OE to Outlook - Comcast claimed OE was the same or better, but we missed some of the Outlook features. Now we have lost our "address books" and some important attachments that were still within emails...the emails are downloaded somewhere on this hardrive as we have not deleted a thing...right ? ...

Q: Vc6.0 doesn't re-compile source automatically
With Vc6.0, if source or resource is modified, it doesn't re-compile the changed file. the output exe file is older version. Only after switching between debug and release, the modified result is showed in the exe file. I have tried several other project and reinstall vc, the problem above occurs only in this project. I guess this project setting is error. may anyone offer suggestion on this? Best Regards, lomas I would begin with recompiling all. It should clean all files from Debug/Release folders. It should work automatically the way you want it. --- Ajay "lomas" <...

3.0 Mail Merge
Is anyone experiencing this issue post upgrade to 3.0.....? When attempting to Print Quote for Customer in Outlook, we select the quote template, then Microsoft Word opens. From here the mail merge functions would begin. However, the mail merge toolbar is grayed out and we cannot merge to new document. We can't do anything. Is the process for Print Quote for Customer different in CRM 3.0? Or is this an issue? If so, can anyone provide assistance on this. Thank you! Cayla Will the templates we had set up to use in CRM 1.2 (for mail merging) still function in 3.0? Or are there ...

How to account for mail back rebate in money
I have bought bunch of stuff where i pay up front money but on a later date i receive mail back rebate. How do i account for this refund in the Microsoft money? I did not see any category or feature which supports this very common practice of mail back rebate. Is there any add on feature which support tracking of mail back rebate (whether i received or not and flags when its past due after few weeks) Thanks Parikh Enter a similar cost entry [spend, increase, etc] but with a minus value. This will give the net cost of the item you purchased. "Parikh" <anonymous@discussio...

V4 Mail Merge on Custom entities
Hello We have noticed that new entities added at v4 appear in the mail merge list but that custom entities carried over when upgrading a v3 system do not. Does anyone have any information on how this is controlled and whether there is an option to set an entity as included once it has been created ? All info gratefully received Thanks...Phil That should help: http://blog.sonomapartners.com/2008/01/enabling-mail-m.html Cheers -- George Doubinski CRM Certified Professional - Developer Blog: http://crm.georged.id.au/ "Phil Kedward" <Phil Kedward@discussions.microsoft.com...

Autonumber stopped incrementing to next highest number
I have been having this strange occurence on one of my relationship table - not frequently but 2 times is enough for me. Apparently the Autonumber seems to stop incrementing to the next available highest number and begin to give a number that's already in existence . That of course will give the error on "Unique identifier - blah blah blah" To temporary correct this problem I have been copying the table to a temptable ( structure & data ) - rename the corrupted table and then rename the temptable to the original name of the corrupted table. This works, but I'm lo...

Not possible to remove mail reminders in outlook 2002
Hiya, I have a big problem with old mail that keeps popping up as reminders. I've tried to start outlook with /cleanreminders and another parameter without luck. Is there anyway that I can delete these reminders for sure? My mail originally comes from outlook in office 97, I know use outlook 2002. The mail that I get reminders on are mails from that period. Very grateful for any help that you can give me. - Kjell Arne ...

Automatic font color
A customer had a problem with printing excel documents today. The text prints a very light grey. It seems that the automatic setting is a light gray color. No matter which document I open, the color for automatic is light gray. If I open a new document, same problem. How can I change this so the default automatic color will be black? I do not have much experience with Excel. I don't use it, but I need to help find an answer. Thanks in advance MrB I'm sorry, This is Office 2K with the Excel problem. "MrB" <brooksro@REMOVEALLCAPSadelphia.net> wrote in message news:O$...

Automatic opening
Please could someone advise how to stop the mail opening for a moment,before I delete. This seems to imply especialy on spam that I have read the message. Thanks The fact that Outlook shows the msg as being read has no connection with the sender, unless you send a read receipt "DEACON SCREWS" <rldeacon@btconnect.com> wrote in message news:rr6dnWdqmrKtvu3XnZ2dnUVZ8gmdnZ2d@bt.com... > Please could someone advise how to stop the mail opening for a > moment,before I delete. > This seems to imply especialy on spam that ...

Download email #2
How to download email from Microsoft exchange 2000 to Outlook Express?? without leave a copy at Exchange server. Outlook Express cannot download mail from Exchange. Why are you trying to do so without leaving a copy of the mail on Exchange? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Edi asked: | How to download email from Microsoft exchange 2000 to | Outlook E...

Download Trial;
I've been trying to download the trial version of MS Money today. I didn't find a special version for Canadians, though I saw a special version for the UK, for the US, and for international users. So I chose international users. When I downloaded the software, the set up asked for my country. Canada wasn't listed. So, my question is this: can I download a trial version of MS Money 2004 for Canadians, and if so, what is the URL? Thanks, Jason Silver CrookedBush.com Inc. AFAIK you need the US version and when downloaded change the currency to Canadian dollar. -- Regar...

Intercept file download in IWebBrowser2
I have a MFC application host a webbrowser(IWebBrowser2).Basiclly ,I hope when user click a file download url(href="test.zip"),I can intercept the download message and process it by my own download component instead of IE itself. Is it possible? Any article will be help. Adv tks. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/browser/ext/overview/downloadmgr.asp "L.J.S" <bconline2002@hotmail.com> д����Ϣ����:Oc7j%23OcAFHA.612@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I have a MFC application host a webbrowser(IWebBrowser2).Basiclly ,I > hope ...

Stop running sum(Over All) when customer change
Dear All I hv report based on tblTransaction which contains many customers with their transactions by date wise. I grouped report on CustomerID sub Group by Fromat(trnDate,”MMM-YY”) to get monthly transactions for each customer. I made calculated field to obtained closing balance with running sum over Group. I want to make the Running sum – over all but when customers is changing it must stop and start again, by default it will give running sum of all the customer, exactly this I don’t want. Any idea to stopped or make running sum based on customer when month is changing it ...

Not Receiving Mail 03-28-10
I'm not receiving any messages, except TEST messages I send to my self. Just loaded Windows 7 (clean) a couple of weeks ago. Migrated all of my old stuff from Windows Mail (Vista). I've tried everything, including turning off email filtering. Only one email account and it is POP3. Can something be corrupted? If you receive test messages you send to yourself, then your Windows = Live=20 Mail is working normally. Who is your provider? If you go to the = provider's webmail site, do you see messages there that failed to download? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft...

automatic capitalize first letter of payee names
I just transferred from Quicken. I had it set to automatically capitalize payee names as I typed them. Is there a way to do it in Money 2004? No. "GB" <garyburkhardt@centurybt.com> wrote in message news:OZT4Yz1jDHA.3256@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I just transferred from Quicken. I had it set to automatically capitalize > payee names as I typed them. Is there a way to do it in Money 2004? > > Type them correctly once. The next time you start to type, the field will autofill. When you tab to the next field cap and all will be as when you originally typed the...

How to keep mail on the pop server when checking with Outlook
Hi Everyone, I have two machines. 1 Macintosh that I can set to leave the message on the server. 2 A PC that whenever I check mail it deletes all messages on the server. How do I set the PC to leave the messages on the server?? Jeff In your POP account properties in Outlook. Note - you're gonna have to delete the messages from the server somewhere/sometime, or your mailbox will get full & start bouncing mail. J. Moss wrote: > Hi Everyone, > > I have two machines. > > 1 Macintosh that I can set to leave the message on the > server. > > 2 A PC that wh...

error (0xc0000135) when clicking in an E-mail
I recveive error (0xc0000135) whenever I click on an object in an E-mail. I have downloaded various .net files with no improvement. Bummer. Try reading the link in my signature and post back with accurate and helpful information. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Joe E Hogel asked: | I recveive error (0xc0000135) whenever I click on an object in an | E-mail. I have downloaded various ...

How do I synchronize external e-mail with outlook
I created the contact on the exchange server and specify the external e-mail address. I can receive the e-mails forwarded from the internal accounts. How do I synchronize e-mails on my Laptop with the ones on the desktop. If I delete e-mails while I am out of office, they must be deleted on the server. Eucliff <Eucliff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I created the contact on the exchange server and specify the external > e-mail address. I can receive the e-mails forwarded from the internal > accounts. How do I synchronize e-mails on my Laptop with the ones on > the de...

How to stop: Microsoft XLS is locked for editing in 2003 Excel
Help on Office / Excel 2003 to stop the "Microsoft XLS is Locked for Editing" and then keeps showing "Read" or "Notify" from coming up almost every time Excel 2003 is opened. Thanks / shorns Are you opening files from external media like a CD? Or more likely this problem When you are working on an Excel workbook(file) Excel will create a temporary copy of that file. Generally when you close the file the temporary is deleted. Sometimes it is not. Then you will get the "this file is locked for editing by username". Most times a re...

How do I set up a file to automatically save on exit?
I have created a file that several users will be accessing with varying computer skill level. I want to be sure that the file saves automatically when they close the file out rather than having to answer "yes" to the "Do you want to save this file?" question. Can this be done? Brian Yes, that can be done with VBA programming. The following macro will save the file whenever a close command is issued by the user, regardless of whether the file has already been saved. This is a Workbook event macro and must be placed in the workbook module. Post back an...

Outlook 2003: Showing Calendar within Mail view
Hi, I've just upgraded from Office 2002 to Office 2003 and am trying to replicate the view I had in Outlook 2002. I used to have a screen split into three columns: the left-hand column (about 1/4 of the screen width) had my inbox with all its sub-folders in it. The middle column, which took up about 1/2 the screen width, had my list of e-mails displayed horizontally across the top, and under that I had the message window. In the right-hand column, the remaining 1/4 or so of the screen, I had the calendar view (which I could toggle between daily/monthly weekly view) and below that I had...

Error processing the downloaded file ('SMRTINET.INI')
I am getting this error during the process of using "Internet Updates". My provider info and stock quotes all come down fine but I have ceased getting any news items from Microsoft. This message has been present since 7/14/04. A search for this file on my system comes up empty. A search for any KB articles on this file comes up empty. I am really looking for some guidance of how to resolve this. Thanks. Rod, News updates have been suspended for a couple of weeks due to a corruption issue that affected MS Money. If you search back around the 8th of July, you'l...

lost subfolders and email -vista mail
Hi there, I have posted a similar email in browsers and email forum ( thougth it was this one). Yesterday I emptied the junk mail and when I looked again all my subfolders and email had disappeared. All my business work. I am lost! I have microsoft security essentials for antivirus. i have tried looking in the appdata local microsoft windowsmail folder and they are not there. what can I do now? will they be anywhere on my hard drive that I can access? -- franknigmir "franknigmir" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:2cd46bf8914586ed40d15804080c33...