This is a problem created by a dual boot of XPPSP2 on one drive C:\ and
Vista on another drive E:\ that I use to format for new builds of Vista on
the same box.

I want to take my Outlook 2003 in box and folders on two different drives on
one box and combine them so that all the emails go to one account and all
the folders can be shared or used on each drive.

I want to do the same with Outlook Express as well, and since this is an
*Outlook newsgroup, I'll just take what I learn here and apply it to the
..dbx folder(s) in it.

The idea is to receive email on both drives in one in one common inbox and
that when I move email to folders I create I want it to go to the same
folder on both drives.

I can move the folders, I could copy or back up Outlook various ways, but
that does not solve the problem of having to update them all the time so
that I can get mail in one inbox and use the folders simultaneously. That
would only give me access to old folders and inbox, and anything I did on
one drive wouldn't happen in Outlook on the other.

I posted this problem earlier and the one piece of info I got was this:

"set up a shared folder either in XP or Vista and point both instances of OE
to the same store folder. No need to burn, copy, or anything. as you can't
have both XP and Vista running at the same time, this solution would seem
to be ideal"

I would appreciate it if I could get the steps for doing this or a link to
the steps.

Thanks,

Chad Harris

Here are some links that might help:

Outlook:
http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm
Outlook & Exchange/Windows Messaging Backup and Dual-Boot

Outlook Express:
http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/files/
Files and Settings
http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/backup/
Backup and Restore

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.   NBC   Channel 4

"Chad Harris" <anews3_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> This is a problem created by a dual boot of XPPSP2 on one drive C:\ and
> Vista on another drive E:\ that I use to format for new builds of Vista on
> the same box.
>
> I want to take my Outlook 2003 in box and folders on two different drives
on
> one box and combine them so that all the emails go to one account and all
> the folders can be shared or used on each drive.
>
> I want to do the same with Outlook Express as well, and since this is an
> *Outlook newsgroup, I'll just take what I learn here and apply it to the
> .dbx folder(s) in it.
>
> The idea is to receive email on both drives in one in one common inbox and
> that when I move email to folders I create I want it to go to the same
> folder on both drives.
>
> I can move the folders, I could copy or back up Outlook various ways, but
> that does not solve the problem of having to update them all the time so
> that I can get mail in one inbox and use the folders simultaneously. That
> would only give me access to old folders and inbox, and anything I did on
> one drive wouldn't happen in Outlook on the other.
>
> I posted this problem earlier and the one piece of info I got was this:
>
> "set up a shared folder either in XP or Vista and point both instances of
OE
> to the same store folder. No need to burn, copy, or anything. as you can't
> have both XP and Vista running at the same time, this solution would seem
> to be ideal"
>
> I would appreciate it if I could get the steps for doing this or a link to
> the steps.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chad Harris

hhh6225 (363)
4/29/2006 2:06:31 AM
Hal --

I appreciate the links and time a lot,  but maybe I'm not clear.  I can use
backup methods like those or I could go (correct me if I'm wrong) to the
location of the .pst folder(s) for OL and paralleling this for OE --and I
realize the difference lol Gordon--I could do that for .dbx folders. But
anything along the lines of backup would allow me to install them to the
Vista drive.

What I am trying to do is make one conjoint inbox and conjoint Outlook (and
OE in a parallel vein). I want to join them so that if I'm in my  Vista boot
on Drive E:\  and send to the email address I use for OL and OE that they
will show up in one Outlook inbox that can be read whether I'm on C:\ with
my XP boot or E:\ my Vista boot.

This means that in real time that I want to be able to send an email to that
account and it will show up in one Outlook on either drive.  If I can join
them, I can already have use of my previously created folders.

I didn't do this but I wonder had I named my User profile in Vista the same
name as the one in XP if it would have helped me join them, and what would
happen if I created another user profile in Vista with the same name as the
XP profile.  I am guessing that train has left the station since the Vista
profile was already created and an email account established but maybe not.

Can I use the Export function to help me with this?

Also I was looking for the steps to make this happen which I thought would
be a feasible solution that had been suggested to me:

set up a shared folder either in XP or Vista and point both instances of OE
to the same store folder. No need to burn, copy, or anything. as you can't
have both XP and Vista running at the same time, this solution would seem
to be ideal.

Thanks much,

Chad Harris

"Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]" <hhh@kvoa.com> wrote in message
> Here are some links that might help:
>
> Outlook:
> http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm
> Outlook & Exchange/Windows Messaging Backup and Dual-Boot
>
> Outlook Express:
> http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/files/
> Files and Settings
> http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/backup/
> Backup and Restore
>
> Hal
> --
> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX
> KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.   NBC   Channel 4
> Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>
> "Chad Harris" <anews3_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> This is a problem created by a dual boot of XPPSP2 on one drive C:\ and
>> Vista on another drive E:\ that I use to format for new builds of Vista
>> on
>> the same box.
>>
>> I want to take my Outlook 2003 in box and folders on two different drives
> on
>> one box and combine them so that all the emails go to one account and all
>> the folders can be shared or used on each drive.
>>
>> I want to do the same with Outlook Express as well, and since this is an
>> *Outlook newsgroup, I'll just take what I learn here and apply it to the
>> .dbx folder(s) in it.
>>
>> The idea is to receive email on both drives in one in one common inbox
>> and
>> that when I move email to folders I create I want it to go to the same
>> folder on both drives.
>>
>> I can move the folders, I could copy or back up Outlook various ways, but
>> that does not solve the problem of having to update them all the time so
>> that I can get mail in one inbox and use the folders simultaneously. That
>> would only give me access to old folders and inbox, and anything I did on
>> one drive wouldn't happen in Outlook on the other.
>>
>> I posted this problem earlier and the one piece of info I got was this:
>>
>> "set up a shared folder either in XP or Vista and point both instances of
> OE
>> to the same store folder. No need to burn, copy, or anything. as you
>> can't
>> have both XP and Vista running at the same time, this solution would seem
>> to be ideal"
>>
>> I would appreciate it if I could get the steps for doing this or a link
>> the steps.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Chad Harris

I understand you cannot have two installs of OL on the same PC, I assume
however that you can install two on a dual boot sys. That being the case the
OL data file (pst) can be located anywhere on the sys, so maybe if you move
this to a folder that both installs can access? I dont know what effect, if
any, there would be with the other OL settings files

> [...]
so
> >> that I can get mail in one inbox and use the folders simultaneously.
That
> >> would only give me access to old folders and inbox, and anything I did
on
> >> one drive wouldn't happen in Outlook on the other.
> >>
> >> I posted this problem earlier and the one piece of info I got was this:
> >>
> >> "set up a shared folder either in XP or Vista and point both instances
of
> > OE
> >> to the same store folder. No need to burn, copy, or anything. as you
> >> can't
> >> have both XP and Vista running at the same time, this solution would
seem
> >> to be ideal"
> >>
> >> I would appreciate it if I could get the steps for doing this or a link

dl6256 (276)

Steps in Exchange 2000 to change domain name?
We have an existing domain name (company.com). We have decided to change our name to newcompany.com. Right now the users are user@company.com and we want it to be user@newcompany.com. What do I need to do to change that in Exchange? I have made the necessary DNS changes (or so I believe). Thank you!!! Douglas Just add newcompany.com to your recipient policy & make it the default...best not to remove your existing company.com addresses as it may help during the transition to let users receive mail for both addresses. See http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF010.html for help. ; ...

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

More Columns #2

Linking files 2 ways

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Goal Seek #2

cannot open hyper links in outlook

Disk drive order
Hello, How to make my disk driver appear as C: (Its a virtual boot drive) and enumerate the other disk accordingly? The physical disk is always enumerate first, and windows think he is C: Thanks Guilherme You are out of luck, physical devices are always enumerated first. This has been true since Windows 2000. -- Don Burn (MVP, Windows DKD) Windows Filesystem and Driver Consulting Website: http://www.windrvr.com Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/WinDrvr Remove StopSpam to reply "Guilherme Moro" <guilherme.moro@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7f0...

outlook 97 and express email problems

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

using the journal on outlook

Contacts in Exchange #2