Stationary Templates

Hi All,

I have a client who just called me about her Outlook 2007. She intends to
create a mass email with HTML content, which was provided to her by her
webdesigner. Now, she asked me how to do this. In order to be able to
recreate her scenario, she sent me her HTML and image files. I checked in my
Outlook 2007, and behold, realised that in the TOOLS - OPTIONS - MEIL
FORMAT - STATIONERY AND FONTS section, the Theme tabs are greyed out, and it
says that the Themes are not installed. So, I went back into Office Setup,
and changed the settings to run everything from the local computer. Still,
after rebooting the PC, and re-launching Outlook 2007, it is still the
same - greyed out. What gives. How can we create a customised email layout
in Outlook 2007. Naturally, I have searched the web for possible answers.
But, there is only a plethora of a lot of different things, but, none of
them addresses this issue.

I am very grateful for any constructive help here. Thanks.

Henry

0
Henry

For a single message, the easiest way would be to copy and paste from the
HTML page into the Outlook email editor.

If you really want stationery (which is not necessary for your scenario),
copy the HTML file to the user's Stationery folder on their hard drive. See
http://turtleflock-ol2007.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!C1013F1F9A99E3D8!230.entry
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"Henry" <henry@bb.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I have a client who just called me about her Outlook 2007. She intends to
> create a mass email with HTML content, which was provided to her by her
> webdesigner. Now, she asked me how to do this. In order to be able to
> recreate her scenario, she sent me her HTML and image files. I checked in
> my Outlook 2007, and behold, realised that in the TOOLS - OPTIONS - MEIL
> FORMAT - STATIONERY AND FONTS section, the Theme tabs are greyed out, and
> it says that the Themes are not installed. So, I went back into Office
> Setup, and changed the settings to run everything from the local computer.
> Still, after rebooting the PC, and re-launching Outlook 2007, it is still
> the same - greyed out. What gives. How can we create a customised email
> layout in Outlook 2007. Naturally, I have searched the web for possible
> answers. But, there is only a plethora of a lot of different things, but,
> none of them addresses this issue.
>
> I am very grateful for any constructive help here. Thanks.
>
> Henry

0
Sue
11/12/2009 10:30:43 PM
did you install outlook separate from the office or are they different
versions? Themes is unavailable when an individual copy of outlook is
installed.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a client who just called me about her Outlook 2007. She intends to
> create a mass email with HTML content, which was provided to her by her
> webdesigner. Now, she asked me how to do this. In order to be able to
> recreate her scenario, she sent me her HTML and image files. I checked in
> my Outlook 2007, and behold, realised that in the TOOLS - OPTIONS - MEIL
> FORMAT - STATIONERY AND FONTS section, the Theme tabs are greyed out, and
> it says that the Themes are not installed. So, I went back into Office
> Setup, and changed the settings to run everything from the local computer.
> Still, after rebooting the PC, and re-launching Outlook 2007, it is still
> the same - greyed out. What gives. How can we create a customised email
> layout in Outlook 2007. Naturally, I have searched the web for possible
> answers. But, there is only a plethora of a lot of different things, but,
> none of them addresses this issue.
>
> I am very grateful for any constructive help here. Thanks.
>
> Henry

0
Diane

Where do I access my custom templates in Outlook 2003
I have recently moved from Netscape to Outlook 2003. My templates from Netscape are no longer usable for some reason. I want to re-create them. I saved one and now I can't find where to access it for use. I know I'm missing something obvious but I'm stumped as to know what. Thanks ...

When I download template where should it be downloaded to and sav.
I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and Excel templates. But I don't know where to download the templates to or where to save them to after they are downloaded. Can anyone tell me? Thanks. Normaly your templates should be in a directiry that you find in documents andsettings/yourname/apllication data/microsoft/templates When you load then you can copy them to this directory and all is done. Greetings from Brussels Belgium Dejola wrote: > I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and > Excel templates. But I don&#...

Sharepoint-Lists and adm-Template ???
Hello, has anyone sucessfully configured SharePoint-Lists in Outlook 2007 over the adm-template? I have configured my adm-template as follows: Sharepoint-List Name: Test Value: http://sharepoint.company.tld/Folder/List I can see the entry under HKLM\Software\Policys\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Options\Accounts and regmon shows that these regvalues are read at the startup of Outlook. But I can't see the lists in Outlook. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help Christian -- Christian Gr´┐Żbner MVP ISA Server Hilfe & Infos rund um den ISA Server: http://www.msisafaq.de !!!...

Problem Saving HTML Template
I'm using Office 2000 and am trying to set up various HTML templates i Outlook. I've designed the messages and then "save as" .oft files i the templates folder. This works most of the time but ocassionally the save as a text file and all the HTML formatting is lost. I thought i may have been due to invalid HTML and sometimes correcting this worked but with this one file I can't get it to save correctly. I've checked the HTML and it's OK - the only difference with it is tha it contains quite a few lines of text and I'm wondering if there ar restrictons on the...

Template on Toolbar
Hi, I created a template and would like to open it with a button on the toolbar. Can I do this. I know I can in Excel, and I am wondering if Outlook has similar functionality. Thanks What kind of template?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Neil_Dell" <NeilDell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:A6A7D144-...

change default font size in contact record template, "note area"
I wish to change the default font size in the note area when using a contract record. I can change the font size when I open each record but I wish to change the default size of that font. It's controlled by one of the settings in tools, options, mail format, fonts and is global to all note fields and message bodies. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Ex...

How do I locate and change the template for emails
fredman <fredman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> State your Outlook version and use the big white space to ask your question in detail. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] you can't change the template, you can use stationery. if you want more details, we need to know more information - such as your version of outlook and if you are using the outlook editor or word if you aren't using outlook 2007. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook ...

What happened to my chart templates?
After the recent update to Office 2007 I am still finding my way about. I can't find where my old customised chart templates reside. ...

Dates in templates
I want to change my normal template so the header displays the new document creation date without updating. That is, when I create a new document, the date should be the date the document is created, but does not get updated every time I open the document. When I use the createdate field, the date displayed is the date the template was created, not the new document! If you've put a CreateDate field in your template, then that's the best you can do, short of a macro (which I think would be overkill). When you update fields (with F9 or by printing or switching to Print Prev...

Properyt Sheet Wizard Template
I have a propert sheet wizard embedded in a form view. As part of this, I move the buttons to fit the new size. This is OK. However, there is a line across the screen above where the buttons used to be. Question. Does this line have a resourceID so that I can move or hide it ? >I have a propert sheet wizard embedded in a form view. >As part of this, I move the buttons to fit the new size. This is OK. >However, there is a line across the screen above where the buttons used to be. >Question. Does this line have a resourceID so that I can move or hide it ? Have you had a look at ...

invoice templates
How do you apply credits to an invoice in either excel 2003 or 97? When I enter the value as anegative number the invoice calculates the payment/credit, but you get an error message that says you must enter a value into the cell. If you clse the error box, you're inputted amount is cleared and the invoice re-calculates. Maybe you can illustrates with examples. "TomA" wrote: > How do you apply credits to an invoice in either excel > 2003 or 97? When I enter the value as anegative number > the invoice calculates the payment/credit, but you get an > error m...

Avery Templates & Microsoft Publisher
Can I download additional (new) Avery templates into Microsoft Publisher? I cannot find a usable alternative for the stock that I have purchased. What stock are you trying to use? -- Don Vancouver, USA "mcgky" <mcgky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8EBF49CF-B573-425F-B449-F1898C342FB3@microsoft.com... > Can I download additional (new) Avery templates into Microsoft Publisher? I > cannot find a usable alternative for the stock that I have purchased. Hi mcgky (mcgky@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Can I download addi...

How do I set up a prompt to users in an excel template?
I have set up an excel template for use with various companies I trade with. The template automatically displays 'xxx' where the company name should be inserted, which then the user changes to relevant company name. However, the company name is not always inserted by oversight and i would like to add a prompt which appears as soon as the user creates a new document from the template, requesting that the relevant company name be input. Unfortunately, i have no idea how to do this! Code like this will run each time the workbook opens. Option Explicit Sub auto_open() Dim m...

childrens weekly chores roster template
i am searching for templates for my children. I need a weekly roster for chores around the house. Days columns and about 15 rows. Any help would be great. Thanks There is no template for chores that I know of but it shouldn't be difficult to construct a bespoke one. Reconstruct my address and send me an e-mail and I will see if I can help. Regards Sandy -- to e-mail direct replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk "shanelle" <shanelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B79F1B25-2A0D-4932-9757-31E1F4C7F545@microsoft.com... > i am searching for te...

How do you add fields to templates
I am trying to use a contact template but I need to add a field. Open the table that you need in Design View and add the field with it's corresponding datatype. Then make sure it is included in any query form, or report that requires it. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Pepdiggie" <Pepdiggie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8DABB314-61D5-4F6F-A339-7163821B2791@microsoft.com... >I am trying to use a contact template but I need to add a field. ...

Creating a Mail Merge template in 4.0
I am using the RC0 image for demo purposes and have not managed to do this. When editing the template in word I get the message "Record 1 contained too many data fields." If it is never going to work please just let me know and I will try to focus on teh live releasse. Cheers, Mike. I get the same behavior in the released version. I suspect the 'Edit Template in Word' operation is simply invoking the template as if it was doing a mail merge operation; because there is no data available (you are in the editor of the letter template afterall), the merge process get...

Installing MS SharePoint templates
The odds of getting one of these to work seems just slightly worse than winning the lottery. I downloaded templates from this page: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsserver/sharepoint/bb407286.aspx We use WSS 3.0. I issue these commands from the command line: stsadm -o addsolution -filename ContactsManagement.wsp stsadm -o deploysolution -name ContactsManagement.wsp -allowgacdeployment -immediate stsadm -o execadmsvcjobs They all complete normally. In SharePoint I go to Site Actions>Site Settings>Sites and Workspaces>Create, and then enter the Title, Des...

Template Wizard with Data Tracking #8
I'm trying to use the template wizard to create a template that is linked to a data base so that every new file I create which is based on that template will add the info from the designated cells to the data base. I've followed all the steps in the template wizard several times over but always get an error message that says: Method 'Add' of object 'Sheet' failed. I haven't been able to figure out what this means or how to fix it. Help! Dee I know that the Data Tracker adds a hidden sheet to your workbook to keep track of the database location and such....

Customizing Access 2003 Classroom Management Template
Hi,I am working with the Access 2003 classroom management template and I am trying to customize it to allow me to add classes to the student form via a subform for classes. In my previous attempt to add subforms and tables I was able to add classes on the student form, but the student was not reflected on the class page. I am not sure if this is too specific of a question or not specific enough. However, I appreciate any advice you can provide. Thank you in advance for your help. "Marin Hunter" <Marin Hunter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > I am working with the Access...

RE: Anyone want a HOWTO on E-mail templates?
Dave, Please email me a copy too, as I've beens struggling to figure this out. jeremy_pyles at hotmail dot com "Dave McGuire" wrote: > I just wrote up a full doc, with screenshots, on how to work with email > templates. Here's what's covered: > HOWTO: work with Email templates in CRM 1.2 > Introduction > More information > How to create a template and include graphics > Using the Template > Making a template available to the company > Using an organization-wide template > Modifying or deleting an organization-wide template > > I an...

While You Were Out Template for Outlook 2002
Is there a template for while you were out that will work with notes in outlook 2002. I tried the one for Outlook 97/98 and it did not load. Thanks Mike The sample template works in all versions. Describe in more detail what happened. Where did you publish the form? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8BDD0A9-8A6C-4136-AA92-F339D907A09E@microsoft.com... > Is...

Quote Templates
A question came up from one of our clients about making a Quote Template. Say the Sales Person sells a line of products often (using AWC, custom hig impact Montain bikes). This product line will have 7 or 8 separate products associated with each quote (Frame, Wheels, Repair kit, gloves, shorts, cap, water bottle, etc.). So they'd like to create this type of quote and save it "As a Template". I understand that this would be an intense bit of developing, so I'm wondering if anyone has come across this requirement before, and what would be the easiest way to achieve this...

CRM Buld E-mail or Direct Email with Templates
I have CRM on our server here and I am having a problem with the bulk E-mail option or Direct E-mail option when using the Template manager. We cannot send out a Template to multiple contacts, we have several contacts and when I Highlight the ones on one page I go to the next page and highlight them and go back to the first page, all the ones on the first page are not highlighted no more. I have setup the user that will be doing all the bulk E- mailing with the CRM Outlook Sales client on here desktop and all the folders for CRM contacts show up but when I try going into one of the fol...

disappearing template.
I have a client using Publisher 2002/2003. They have a template stored on a file server. All but one machine can open the file, see and print the template properly. The one machine that cannot does not see all the images on the document. A couple text boxes and the border can be seen, however the graphics on the page do not show or print. Suggestions? ...

Template Wizard, why aren't records being created in database
When creating a template using the Template Wizard, the database is being created but only the field headings are created. Why aren't the records being created in the database? ...