Starting with a new pst file

Hi,

I would like to start with a blank pst file.  I want to start again with no
contacts, no emails, no appointments.

How should I proceed to make this?

Thanks for your help,

Olivier

Olivier Verdin <olivier.verdin@playcorporate.com> wrote:

> I would like to start with a blank pst file.  I want to start again
> with no contacts, no emails, no appointments.

Assuming Outlook 2002/2003, since you didn't think it important to mention
your Outlook version, click File>New>Outlook Data File,  Browse to where you
want the new PST (or accept the default), give it a name (or accept the
default), and click OK.  Then click Tools>E-mail Accounts>Next.  At the
bottom left, use the drop-down to make the new PST your delivery location.
Click Finish.  Restart Outlook.  Click File>Data File Management, select
your old PST and click Remove.  The next time you close Outlook, you can
delete the old PST if you wish.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
11/4/2004 3:08:15 PM
I still have one issue.  When I am sending an email, the email is sent
through the old 'outbox'.  I am getting the new emails in the new personal
folder but when I sent emails, it does it by the old outbox.  How can I
solve this?

Thanks again,

Olivier

> Olivier Verdin <olivier.verdin@playcorporate.com> wrote:
>
> > I would like to start with a blank pst file.  I want to start again
> > with no contacts, no emails, no appointments.
>
> Assuming Outlook 2002/2003, since you didn't think it important to mention
> your Outlook version, click File>New>Outlook Data File,  Browse to where
you
> want the new PST (or accept the default), give it a name (or accept the
> default), and click OK.  Then click Tools>E-mail Accounts>Next.  At the
> bottom left, use the drop-down to make the new PST your delivery location.
> Click Finish.  Restart Outlook.  Click File>Data File Management, select
> your old PST and click Remove.  The next time you close Outlook, you can
> delete the old PST if you wish.
> --
> Brian Tillman

Olivier Verdin <olivier.verdin@playcorporate.com> wrote:

> I still have one issue.  When I am sending an email, the email is sent
> through the old 'outbox'.  I am getting the new emails in the new
> personal folder but when I sent emails, it does it by the old outbox.
> How can I solve this?

The Inbox, Outbox, Calendar, Tasks, Contacts, etc. folders that will be used
are those specified by the delivery location.  You have no other choice.  If
you have only one PST, Outlook certainly can't be using a second PST.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

reply those log files after the lastest full backup
Dear all, I'm practicing the DR procedure of Exchange 2k3. I can restore Exchange 2k3 to the state of latest full backup. If the full backup did on midnight 5:00am then the server crash on 11:00am same day. There are a lot of mail between 5:00am to 11:00am and not updated to Information Store. How can I replay those log files and make the Information Store most update? Thanks! Patrick The logs will play when you mount the store, if the restore was successful, and you chose "last restore set" as a restore option. If you did not, here is how to force a hard recovery. eseu...

Recommendations on number of items in PST and OST
I need to know whether if there is a recommendation on number of ITEMS in a PST and OST? I am currently running MS Outlook 2003. Thanks I know that there is a limit to the number of items in a single folder in a pst file...it was around 16,000...actually had a user run into it once, and that folder was no longer accessible... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Hasher" <Hasher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2864AF80-FD7A-4578-8A80-AB2A32E75993@microsoft.com... > I need to know whether if there is a recommendation on number of ITEMS in a > PST and OST? > &g...

HELP: Export data to word template and save it as a seperate file
Hi All, I want to export details from excel userform to a word template and save it at a different file. So basically once the user clicks the Export to word button this should happen: -Opens up a dialog window(to select the word template) - User Selects the word template (I have a specific word template designed) - the template is then "SAVED AS" a seperate word file at a specific location(mentioned in code below) But what is happening is, When user clicks the button and selects the template, the data is exported to that template, and its not saved in a differen...

Moving SQL to new Server
I am currently running MSCRM and SQL on the same box, and I plan on moving the DB's to another server that will be dedicated to this one task. Aside from restoring the DB's from my backup on the current server, using serfver manager to re-associate SQL and CRM, and reinstalling Exchange connector what else do I need to do? After replication is enabled on the new SQL server, do i need to reinstall the SFO client or will it simply work? Any insight is greatly appreciated! ...

Class for downloading MMS Protocol Files?
Hi NG Is there a C++ Class (VC6) for downloading mms streams from internet? Thanx Richie ...

launch exe files in ps1
Hi all I wanna to know how can I launch a exe file within a powershell script, for instances I have this function in a script: Function edit($file){ $program = 'd:\Program Files (x86)\PowerGUI\ScriptEditor.exe'; $psi= New-Object System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo; $sb = New-Object System.Text.StringBuilder; $sb.Append("'"); $sb.Append($((Get-ChildItem $file).FullName)); $sb.Append("'"); $psi.Arguments = $sb.Tostring(); $psi.FileName = $program; [System.Diagnostics.Process]::Start($psi); } that is an incredible work and with erro...

Temp files problem.
We have two public IP's. One is for VOIP the other for Internet Browsing. Temp files created on public IP used for VOIP are getting stored on another public IP, used for Internet Browsing. What could be the reason apart from Gateway Configuration Any Ideas, Please help. On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 00:26:04 -0700, Darbha <Darbha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have two public IP's. >One is for VOIP the other for Internet Browsing. >Temp files created on public IP used for VOIP are getting >stored on another public IP, used for Internet Browsing. >What could be ...

new e-mail
???????????,??????? ???? ? ? ?: ????@???? ????: whitehorse@myway.com ????: ????@???? ????????????? | ???? ...

Excel file goes from 12 to 38 MB after "Get External Data"
Hi In an excel spreadsheet, there are three worksheets that are populated with data in perhaps 20 columns and up to 3000 rows, (along with several other worksheets in the same spreadsheet) The spreadsheet is 12 MB with the hard-coded (hand keyed) data sitting in each of these three worksheets. We decided that we wanted to import the data to these pages from SQL Server rather than maintain it manually, so we wrote a macro that clears the three worksheets and then executes the "Get External Data" function for each of the three worksheets. However, when we run the macro and it rep...

New hire report for HR & payroll modules in GP
We need a new Hire report in Payroll and Human Resources for all new employees added. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a9f4dfe0-705e-4d3a-958c-1990d95be405&a...

GP will not start
All of our users currently use remote desktop to access Great Plains. Today, several people were logged and working when the program started hanging. Now, no one can even login - the program hangs before the login prompt. In addition, FrX at the same time started getting the following error when trying to run a report: Couldn't get printer information. Make sure you have a default printer. When we use the remote desktop to go to a different computer to use GP, everything seems to work fine. Has anyone ever seen this or have a clue what might be causing this? Laura Laura, It ...

"Sorry, you have to configure an offline folder file first"
Hi, I have Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000. I'm getting this message "Sorry, you have to configure an offline folder file first" poped up every 2 seconds. I do have Palm installed on my PC. Please help..... Thanks Do you need an offline file? Palm has nothing to do with this, note. If you don't need to work offline with an OST file, go to tools, services, find the properties of the Exchange server service, advanced tab, and you should be able to disable offline use. San wrote: > Hi, > > I have Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000. I'm getting this > message &quo...

How change MS mailing list address? MS login fails to recognize old--or new--address
Without signing up for Microsoft's Passport, how do I get the company to change my email address on its mailing list? At the bottom of the email messages I get from MS, it has a link to subscription changes. When I get there and attempt to login, it does not recognize my email address/password combination. So I entered my old email address to which MS is still sending its list mail and requested that my password be sent to me. It does not recognize the address after I type in the several characters the window displays. If I type in my new email address, the same thing happens I'm ...

Size of Excel file Access db exports to.
I have an Access db that exports about 350 queries to a specific Excel file. This is done on a weekly basis then monthly basis. The db and exporting works great. However the size of the file. The size of the file after the save is as large as my largest month of data which makes sense. Is there anyway to compact an Excel file like you can in Access to get reclaim space that may be used in the monthly data but not in the weekly data? The weekly data was making the file about 26 MB. After I ran the monthly data it ballooned to 36 MB. All but about 20 of the queries are created through code. Wou...

Windows 2007 .xlsm files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel In my work environment we now use windows excel 2007 with files saved in the .xlsm format. I have a mac at home but find that I cannot open the excel .xlsm files in max excel 2008. Compatibility is the number 1 requirement for me. Is there any solution other than buying Windows? David_Winston@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel > In my work environment we now use windows excel 2007 with files saved in > the .xlsm format. I have a mac at h...

Outlook PST corruption when used over VPN
I have Outlook 2002 configured with POP account, no exchange server, on my laptop which is plugged into the LAN at the office. I often take my laptop home and connect to the office via VPN over a broadband connection. I occasionally get Outlook warnings that it could not send/receive and I've had two corrupt PST's in the last month. My pst file sizes at corruption have been 200MB and 49MB. Any ideas on what may be causing the corruption and how to prevent it? Any ideas appreciated. Thanks! ...

Repost problem importing Pst file
Sorry to repost it but I really need it. ====================== Hi, I've got a pst file form Exemerge that is about 2GB. I used the Pst2gb to cut it off 500MB and used Scanpst to fix it. Now I can copy and move within this pst file but I cannot export or copy or move any message out of this pst but I can copy a message into this pst. Size of this pst is just 83MB after I removed most unwanted e-mail but I still can't export from it. It just said "Can't move the items" Do you have any idea to help me fix this up? Please help. Thanks, Tony. Have you...

Import txt file with multiple rows for each record
I have a royalty report from SAP that I need to bring into Excel. It includes check number, payment date, amount, and check recipient. The problem is the "check recipient" information comes in on either 1,2,3, or 4 lines in the report. But the rest of the record information is all on line 1. This is random and will not be the EXACT same structure each month. Ex. 2539893 3/14/2002 55.09 Jane Doe Anytown USA 2539894 3/14/2002 79.99 Bob Evans 2539895 3/14/2002 5.00 John Smith 111 Mai...

Create a new Parts record from an exiting one
I would like to create a form that prompts for an EXISTING part number record in my tblParts and then creates a NEW part record for a prompted NEW part number. All of the existing field values would be "copied" to the new part record. I have looked around for a solution to this but have had no luck. Can anyone point me to some examples of this? -- Peter Marshall Manager Information Services Ohio Coatings Company (740) 859-5560 office (304) 281-7404 cell Peter, how about adding an unbound combo to the top of your form, where the user selects the part they want to copy. Th...

Wav File Question for PPS files
I have FINALLY read and digested all the wonderful help about only embedded wav files being able to be emailed.......and have suceeded in being able to do so ....THANKS Trouble here is I have only 2 wav files that are music (not one line jokes, etc.) and am time pressed on finding a good one for a xmas PPS I'd like to send to family. Is there a source online where one can SAFELY download wav files. I've encountered lots of invalid sites out there trying? Looking for something Christmas and sentimental for a family slide show....... Grateful for any help...... THA...

Getting MP3 files to play on Web Sites
Have just put uo a web site, had .wav files that played fine, but pages took way to long to load. Converted files to MP3 files. They will play on my computer, but will not play on web site. I am using Publisher 2003 that has all its up grades. Would anyone have a suggestion. Thank You, -- B Greg www.healthyhomesonline.com www.tkoorange.net B Greg wrote: > Have just put uo a web site, had .wav files that played fine, but > pages took way to long to load. Converted files to MP3 files. They > will play on my computer, but will not play on web site. I am using > Publisher 200...

Why do I keep getting told that outlook.ost is not a offline file?
Whenever I open Outlook, the Configuring Outlook Accounts window opens, and I also get the message "The connection to microsoft exchange is unavailable Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action." When I click OK for this, a Microsoft Exchange window then pops up which asks me for the Microsoft Exchange Server, and also for "mailbox" with the Check Name button beside it. The information in these boxes is from an attempt a long time ago to set up my Web Exchange Account with Outlook - but it didn't work, and quite frankly, that isn't a big deal...

Pst import access Problem
I am experiencing a problem reading outlook files saved from work(a pst) and imported to outlook at home. These files were loaded to my home HD and folder/file properties wer adjusted to not readonly. After importing the messages they appear in their appropriate folders When I attempt to open a message I receive this message in a pop-u box: Can't open this file. I am running outlook 98 on my laptop and Outlook from Office XP on m desktop. The Outlook98 version is 8.5.7806.0 Any help would be greatly appreciated as these files are important t me. Thank You Jac -- jskowa ---------------...

OL 2003 and problem with zip files
We have a problem on our office PC that has started since yesterday. We receive .zip archives as a mail attachment but the last three we have received will not open or save. We have gone back to known good zip archives which have opened previously from Mon/Tue this week & earlier and those now won't open on the same PC. We have forwarded the email to another PC and this can open/save the .zip archive as expected. In addition the Subject line has mysteriously disappeared from within Outlook but we have now got that back. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing the problem...

Problem inserting zip file
I have a user who is have a problem in Outlook 2002 on an XP machine. She tries to insert a zip file as an attachment using the paperclip. When the file location window comes up, she navigates to the zip file. As she selects the file, the 'Insert' button changes to 'Open' consequently not allowing an insert. Any suggestions??? ...