Starting Outlook Opens Word

Every time I start Outlook 2003, Word starts (however with no document
open). I then have to close Word. How do I stop this from happening? I do
have Word set as my mail editor.

0
hchan1 (6)

As you have said, you do have Word set as your mail editor, as long as that
is so, Word will always run when you use e-mail in Outlook.
--
Top Notch Admin

"Heidi Chan" wrote:

> Every time I start Outlook 2003, Word starts (however with no document
> open). I then have to close Word. How do I stop this from happening? I do
> have Word set as my mail editor.

I understand that Word should start but should it open? It doesn't appear to
happen on my other machine (which also has Word as the email editor). How
does opening Word with no new document help me especially as I'm not even
about to write an email? It's a nuisance having to close Word just so I can
read my mail (as it's allows the active window).

"Michael_Corral" <MichaelCorral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> As you have said, you do have Word set as your mail editor, as long as
> that
> is so, Word will always run when you use e-mail in Outlook.
> --
> Top Notch Admin
>

> "Heidi Chan" wrote:
>
>> Every time I start Outlook 2003, Word starts (however with no document
>> open). I then have to close Word. How do I stop this from happening? I do
>> have Word set as my mail editor.

0
hchan1 (6)
5/17/2005 10:14:48 PM
PS. I also noted that if I open Outlook again after closing it I receive the
error 'The Operation Failed'. However if I wait a minute and start it again
it starts correctly.

"Heidi Chan" <hchan@inbox.com.au> wrote in message
> Every time I start Outlook 2003, Word starts (however with no document
> open). I then have to close Word. How do I stop this from happening? I do
> have Word set as my mail editor.

0
hchan1 (6)

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"