Start up page in outlook

The start up page in my outlook keeps on defaulting to inbox. I change all
the settings that I can find to get the start up page to be outlook today
but still no joy.

Any ideas please

Regards

Tony

Tony Pagett, you  wrote on Sat, 04 Mar 2006 10:52:29 GMT:

> The start up page in my outlook keeps on defaulting to inbox. I change all
> the settings that I can find to get the start up page to be outlook today
> but still no joy.

Where did you change the settings? You have to do it in

Tools | Options | More | More Options

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

Tony Pagett, you  wrote on Sat, 04 Mar 2006 13:12:00 GMT:

> I do not have a |more | more options. I do however have Tools | Options |
> Other | Advanced. It is here that I am telling outlook to open with my
> Outlook Today folder. Whatever I set this option to (Calendar, Tasks etc) it
> still opens My Inbox

Sorry! I have already meant "Other". I have no english Outlook. I am a
German hence I am using a german version of Outlook ;-).

Why your inbox will be opend even tough you set the option to your
Outlook Today folder - I don't know :-(.

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Tony Pagett asked:

| I do not have a |more | more options. I do however have Tools |
| Options | Other | Advanced. It is here that I am telling outlook to
| open with my Outlook Today folder. Whatever I set this option to
| (Calendar, Tasks etc) it still opens My Inbox
|
| "Christian Goeller" <nomail@news.invalid> wrote in message
|| Tony Pagett, you  wrote on Sat, 04 Mar 2006 10:52:29 GMT:
||| The start up page in my outlook keeps on defaulting to inbox. I
||| change all
||| the settings that I can find to get the start up page to be outlook
||| today but still no joy.
|| Where did you change the settings? You have to do it in
|| Tools | Options | More | More Options
|| --
|| Best Regards
|| Christian Goeller

0
millys7517 (85)
3/4/2006 6:31:51 PM
Thank you Milly. It all works now. It is so simple when somebody tells you
how!!

Regards

Tony
"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<millys@donteventhinkaboutemailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
> From what shortcut are you opening Outlook?  If the one on the Start Menu,
> edit its shortcut properties to point to Outlook Today rather than the
> in-box.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>

> After furious head scratching, Tony Pagett asked:
>
> | I do not have a |more | more options. I do however have Tools |
> | Options | Other | Advanced. It is here that I am telling outlook to
> | open with my Outlook Today folder. Whatever I set this option to
> | (Calendar, Tasks etc) it still opens My Inbox
> |
> | "Christian Goeller" <nomail@news.invalid> wrote in message
> || Where did you change the settings? You have to do it in
> || Tools | Options | More | More Options
> || --
> || Best Regards
> || Christian Goeller

money2004 will not start
just upgraded from 2k to 2004 because banks won't allow download to older versions since apr 7th. automatically goes to sendind error page. removed and re-installed, no joy. Try opening the sample file - does this open? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regardin...

Outlook help #3
Hello All! I need your help on something..I keep getting this error code and I don't have a virus and I have done all the updates necessary for Office, so what can I do now? I don't have the installation diskette, so I am not sure what to do at this point. Here are the messages I get.they are both the same except the titles change on them: "dw.exe-bad image Or outlook.EXE-bad image The application or DLL C:\Windows\System 32\imm.32.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette." This usually happens when I am in Outlook ...

The Microsoft Exchange Information Store Won't Start
The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated with service-specific error 4294966746 Running on Backoffice 4.5 Server Exchange 5.5 build 2653.23 sp4 well this is a jet level error...4294966746 -551 0xFFFFFDD9 JET_errConsistentTimeMismatch I would start by running eseutil /mh against the priv.edb and pub.edb to see if they are consistent or not. Depending on the outcome of this you may need to either restore from backup or repair. Let me know what the outcome is of the header dump. 812597 XADM: HOW TO: Interpret Eseutil /m Dump Headers -- Tyrone Cowart Microsoft PSS Pl...

New Outlook Install
I just reinstalled Outlook on a new harddrive. I've got my old hard drive slaved in the system and everything is still on it, including outlook. I thought I could just search for a .pst file, under my Documents and Settings folder, and copy that over, but I get nothing. There are no pst files on that harddrive that I just used Outlook on 2 days ago Were is Outlook keeping my data? I'm running XP Home, Outlook 2000 on a POP3 email account. Matt Me too. I found the inbox and outbox in WINDOWS\APPLICATIONS\Identity. However, when I copied them over the data doesn't di...

Confused about starting Outlook
Can one of the experts straighten me out on a couple of points please. I have Outlook 2002, which I use for task and appointment reminders, and with ActiveSync (from Windows Mobile) for synchronising my XP Pro PC with my Pocket PC. I may have inadvertently changed Outlook's shortcut and it may not now be staying open to handle the synchronising. But it's one of those obscure types that don't show the full shortcut in its Properties window, just a greyed out 'Microsoft Outlook 2002'. From previous recollections it was C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OUTLOOK.EX...

Opening up a Word doc; Retrieving Outlook Email Messages
I want to open up a microsoft word document, however when I choose "file" "open" it only opens up a grey word doc without the text showing up in the doc, even though I have plenty of disc space, and tried "system restore", also tried a "full-system scan" and no viruses were found. A message dialogue box use to pop up when I tried to open the doc which said: "Check the file permissions for the document drive" - how do I do that? It also said: "Make sure there is sufficient free memory" How? and lastly it said: "Open the ...

Outlook spellcheck
Why am I consistently getting the error message: error occurred while checking spelling. It happens every time I send a message. which version of office and which version of outlook? see help, about. -- "duval" <kmurphy@sbmflab.org> wrote in message news:0a3b01c35dc5$43d4b5e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Why am I consistently getting the error message: error > occurred while checking spelling. It happens every time I > send a message. ...

Outlook 2003 #335
We have a accountant who puts together a report in excel from cognos reports. He takes the cognos report and formats it to excel. During this format if he was to email this it would be fine but he has to add in different workbooks into this one excel file. The file is 7mb big and i checked and the size does not matter. We have sent bigger files through our mail server with no problems. But when he attaches this file and emails people in the company we get it 30 times each. All the information in the workbook is needed. Is there anyone who can help me with this problem? Why is he emailing ...

When forwarding attachments in Outlook 2000, Outlook shuts down.
Sys Admin for a number of systems here. Some users are experiencing a problem when forwarding attachments in Outlook 2000. When they select a message that has a current attachment on it, and select to forward that message, the new window will open with the forwarded message info and attachment ready to go. Once you click the "SEND" button on this new email created from the forward, it closes down Microsoft Outlook, reports an error, and asks if you wish to send an error report to Microsoft (which we always do). This is running on both Windows 2000 and Windows...

Categories in outlook #2
Can anyone let me know if it is possible to format categories. ie if i select social as a category can I make it print green in times roman font size 12 Is it also possible to change the colours of banners for events that run for 3 or 4 days Many thanks Davi ...

How do I re-enable links in e-mail messages in Outlook 2007?
Using Outlook 2007 and IE8, suddenly, starting today, all hyperlinks in my non-junk mail (i.e., in my inbox) have been disabled and I get the error message "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator" when I click on a link. This happens on all e-mail messages in my inbox. I am the system administator on this stand-alone laptop. -- Rube "Rube" <Rube@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E17395FC-7B44-4ABB-82CE-DE4604ACCDA7@microsoft.com... > Using Outloo...

Outlook on a shared internet connection.
Can anyone help me with this one? I have two PC's sharing a wireless internet connection and both using Microsoft Outlook to handle email. Both accounts have been checked and are sending out mail okay. Only one of the machines is able to receive mail though. On machine 1 I sent an email to myself and it sent and received perfect. I tried to send an email to myself using a different email address on machine 2 but it sent it to machine 1. All of machine 2's email is arriving at machine 1. Any ideas guys? Billy King <jim_ukguy@yahoo.com> wrote: > Can anyone help me with...

Outlook Address Book during/after MST install.
Hello Sue, We are using Policy Maker and are in dire need to have the OAB auto installed during rollout. Can you briefly explain the steps required? Or does Microsoft have a fix? >> The first .prf sets up the mail account(s) and will -- in some but not all circumstances -- also set up the OAB. Why it doesn't do it in all cases, we don't know. Something in Outlook is broken, but we don't know exactly what. Using the second .prf file manually is the workaround that Microsoft recommends to add an OAB to users who don't get it when Outlook processes the first .prf . The...

Outlook 2003 AutoComplete quits working
I have a Windows XP SR1 computer that has Office 2003 installed. The computer dials up to Earthink and uses POP3 for mail. The AutoComplete worked after the install. About two weeks later, the user called me because it had quit working. I checked the settings under Tools/Options and the Suggest Names option was still checked. Just to test, I unchecked it exited Outlook, reopened Outlook and rechecked the box. AutoComplete worked again for about a week. Now the user had called me again saying that it's not working. I've had my Outlook 2003 running under the same configu...

Outlook 2003
Hello, I have run into a problem where my rules associted with my second and third IMAP account will not work crroectly when receving incoming mail through those accounts. I have even tried applying the rules to all accounts and the messages are still not processed. I can however, do a RUN NOW and sometimes the rules will run but only for one message at a time. Has anyone else seen this? Is this a bug or am I missing something? Thanks Travis ...

Page numbering
I have a workbook that has three tabs. I update the workbook throughout the month, adding the previous day's data, analysis, and comments to what is already there. I print the entire workbook each day and distribute hard copies throughout the organization. I need to have all of the pages distributed daily sequentially numbered. The first day, each tab will generate one page, so the page numbers will be 1, 2, and 3. But each tab grows dynamically throughout the month so that in the middle of the month, tab one may generate the first five pages, the second tab may generate the ne...

Start outlook without Exchange
Can I start outlook without connecting to my Exchange server? Each time I attempt the "work offline" option I get the following message "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The information store count not be opened." I am pretty positive my Outlook pst file is not corrupt. A week ago I lost the connection to the server for a few hours and received the same message. As soon as the exchange server was back online everything worked fine. But I cannot start Outlook at all now to look at existing...

Outlook isn't connected with Exchange server
Hi all, I use Outlook 2007 connected with Exchange 2003. My PC is the only one on the Lan disconnected. Help says to search for the «File» -> «Connect» -> «Exchange account» command, but I haven't that command in my menues. Any suggestion? Thanks How is your account configured? Using cached mode or the classic exchange? The file menu has two options - work offline and cached exchange settings. These options are also available in the status bar. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange S...

Using Outlook with Windows XP
My mom has recently upgraded from Win 98 to XP and is having trouble with sending e-mail through Outlook Express. In order to get it to send, she has to close it and then open it again. She is also having trouble with mail being returned which may or may not be related. I understand that Win XP has some different security features and was wondering if someone could tell me how to change the settings/configuration so she will not have this problem sending mail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. There should be no problem using Outlook Express, or Outlook (another more expanded pr...

Outlook 2003 help setting up in/out of office users
We are looking to roll out a seamless package for users who work both in our office as well as on the road and off-line using Outlook 2003 on Exchange Server 2003. Does anyone currently use a set-up similar to this, or can anyone direct me to any resources? Thanks Try the Office Resource Kit for tools to roll out Office/Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, tk asked: | We a...

Print multiple pics on 1 page
I used to know how to print multiple pictures on 1 page using something in XP but cannot remember how. Can anyone help please Thanks Teriel9 On 2/26/2010 7:50 AM On a whim, Teriel9 pounded out on the keyboard > I used to know how to print multiple pictures on 1 page using something in > XP but cannot remember how. > Can anyone help please > Thanks > Teriel9 > > Hi Terie, If you select the photos in Explorer (use Ctrl left-click for non-contiguous files), in the left pane you will see the option to "Print the selected pictures". That...

Exchange 5.5 IMS will not start
I have the IMS for exchange server 5.5 running on an NT4 server with service pack 6a, Exchange 5.5 is on SP4. The IMS stopped after the reboot yesterday morning. The only error that comes up is the following: "Could not start the Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail Service. Error 1067 the process terminated unexpectedly". There is no other error recorded in the event log. This is driving me nuts. Any thoughts on how to fix this aside from re-installing IMS? Thanks Ismael Remove any messages out of the exchsrvr\imcdata\out & in folder. Then rename the Queue.dat file to Q...

outlook express dbx file into outlook 2000
A coworker was having problems with Outlook Express 6 - probably because of the thousands of e-mails he had stored in the program. Last week we installed Outlook 2000 on his machine and imported all of his messages and address book. Come to find out he had some other Outlook Express DBX files in a safe place on the server. The emails in these DBX files were not imported into Outlook. I haven't yet figured out how to do so and could use a little bit of guidance. Thanks! Scott Open Outlook Express and create a new folder called Restore. Right click on Restore and select properties to...

What is the maximum .ost file size for outlook 2003?
I'm still trying to justify a 2GB limit for our executives to the IT Director. Currently they are getting an error when trying to sync their current 2.5 GB mailbox(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306076). I found this article that says 2GB is the max size for an ost http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=832925 Our director is arguing that since outlook is running in unicode mode the limit is 20GB not 2GB... What is the maximum size that we can have for an .ost file. -- Network Admin Your director is correct. Remember, an OST file is basically the same thing ...

Outlook Express to Windows Mail
I've got a *.bak (was a *.dbs until OE Compacted it to the Recycle Bin) Folder in my PC with XP and was wondering how to take that folder & import it into Windows Mail? I don't want to Restore it on my XP PC with OE as it will overwrite a folder with newer Email. -- Thanks, Bill Post replies back to News Group The easiest way would be to restore it to OE as WinMail can't read a dbx file, and you can avoid the overwrite. Create a new temporary folder and move all the messages from the folder the messages will be restored to, to this new folder. Restore the b...