Start Outlook at inbox?

How do I get outlook to go directly to the inbox when I start it?

Thanks

0
wirlybird1 (15)

"Chris" <wirlybird@webzone.net> wrote in news:#EuAHKVBFHA.3664
@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl:

> How do I get outlook to go directly to the inbox when I start it?
>
> Thanks

Tools --> Options --> Other --> Advanced Options: Startup in this folder
Thanks, I must have looked at that several times and it didn't register ...
:/

0
wirlybird1 (15)

Creating Outlook profiles on login
I'm looking for a way to automatically create an Outlook 2003 profile for users as they login to a computer using their AD credentials. I've found numerous sites and articles describing possible ways to do this, but many of them seem to be outdated (for previous versions of Outlook). This seems like such a simple and obvious task that I figure someone has done this already and has a recipe they are willing to share. I am aware of commercial products like Scriptlogic, but would prefer to find a simple free solution if possible. Anyone? Thanks. -GT "GT" <DSS...

Outlook rule not working
I have a rule that looks at specific words in the subject and then forwards the message to another email address. I receive 2 emails daily with the same subject. Only 1 message gets forwarded. The difference between the 2 emails is that one is sent directly to my email address and the other is forwarded to my email address from a Gmail account that is setup with email forwarding. The email that is forwarded from my Gmail account never gets forwarded by the rule. The subject line of the Gmail email is identical to the subject line of the message that does get forwarded. Does anyone ...

Voting Buttons Tracking Not Working (Outlook 2003)
I've seen some replies to this question/problem but for me it did not work when trying the Form Publish. Is there anything else I can do? EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice XML/XSL VB Tester http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/5ab62461-e3bc-4e21-9b2c-13f77a74daff/xmlxsl-vb-tester.aspx Replies to what question/problem? Describe what you're seeing in detail. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 <murray gree...

Possible to copy and paste to a new outlook msg?
Is it possible to create a macro to copy the info from a few specific cells, create a new outlook message and paste the copied info into the new message? Thanks. Hi Derrick, Take a look at John Walkenbach's Sending Personalized Email from Excel, John Walkenbach, Tip 86, Using Outlook http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip86.htm Mail Merge - Without Word, John Walkenbach, Tip 92, in Excel, of course. (This is the one with the Elephant -- Elephants R Us). http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip92.htm You could also do this with a hyperlink, but may run into problems with length....

Newsgroups in Outlook 2003 #3
I know this sounds stupid, but I cannot find out how to get my newsgroups integrated with Office 2003 Can anyone send me the directions [ eg. files ->...]? Thanks //Andreas You cannot. Newsgroups require Outlook Express to read. "Andreas" <andreas_skjaemt@privat.tele.dk> wrote in message news:BD4EFDCB-2B33-47F1-A91C-F9BDAD8231D0@microsoft.com... > I know this sounds stupid, but I cannot find out how to get my newsgroups integrated with Office 2003. > > Can anyone send me the directions [ eg. files ->...]?? > > Thanks! > > //Andreas Is that a n...

Public folder Shared Contacts in Outlook Contact Favourites
Hi All, We have a Shared Contacts Public Folder which works fine and is flagged as an Outlook address book. Only thing is one of our users has now asked how to include this in Outlooks Contacts Favourites Tab, any ideas? Thanks, Nick In Outlook, Right Click on the Shared Contacts PF and select Add to Favorites. -- Regards, Boon "Nick" <NoOne@NotHere.com> wrote in message news:#QJ7dC91KHA.224@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > We have a Shared Contacts Public Folder which works fine and is flagged as > an Outlook address ...

Format all contacts with specific telephone input for Outlook and Motorola A1000
Some of my contacts from Outlook 2002 have entries like this: +44 (20) 12345678 and some have: +44-20-12345678 How can I make *all* my contacts on my A1000 have the telephone numbers in this format: [INDENT]+cc-ac-nnnnnnn[/INDENT] where *cc* is country code *ac* is area code and *nnnnnnn* is the telephone number. I would like them in that format with the "+" at the front (int'l format) and "-" seperating the numbers. I *don't* won't any spaces or parentheses in the numbers. It seems when I sync with the phone and Outlook, I get different entries - some with...

Outlook Page Breaks
Is there a way to get Outlook to allow page breaks within a message that has been sent to you. Sean <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to get Outlook to allow page breaks within > a message that has been sent to you. Page breaks have no meaning in an Email messages. There are no "pages" to separate. (Unless you're attaching a Word document or something similar where pages are meaningful constructs.) -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace....

outlook email #16
I have been using hotmail as my default email at home and using others for work. I would lide to receive all my emails at Outlood to reduce time wasted looking for the emails. darius On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 23:17:52 -0800, darius <darius@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have been using hotmail as my default email at home and using others for >work. I would lide to receive all my emails at Outlood to reduce time wasted >looking for the emails. > Get a paid Hotmail account and Outlook can be used to access the account. -- Rich Cervenka Chicago, Illinois, USA ...

Error message in Outlook Express
My question is regarding Outlook Express (I couldn't find a separate newsgroup for it hence posting it in the Outlook newsgroup). Every time I open Outlook Express I get an error message that says "Msnmsgr has caused an error in <unkwown>. Msnmsgr will now close. If you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer." I have disabled "Automatically log on to Windows Messenger" feature in the Tools-Options-General tab. What else can I do to get rid of this error message everytime I open Outlook Express? Thanks for your time. Here is the l...

Outlook 2000 Corp edition connection issue
Hi, I have 70 machines running outlook 2000 corporate install and they are all working fine except one machine. Our environment consists of both win98 ad win2k machines running ofice 97 and oulook 2000. This one particular machines is a intel pIII 550 256mb ram 20gig hdd. This machine is having trouble connecting to the exchange server. It pings at <10ms to the exchange server and all other network applications work great. THis is a recent issue with this machine and the user needs to retry 3-4 times before it will connect. If I have left out any info that would help you be...

Outlook replication changes valid email to lastname firstname
CRM 4.0, Outlook 2007, CRM Outlook Online Client with latest Rollup. When some users are sync contact information between Outlook and CRM, sync changes email address firstname.lastname@company.com in CRM to format lastname firstname. Not happen to all users. One reason can be there are also mobile sync between Outlook (Exchange) and mobile phone. But this is also used by many users and only some have problems. It is look like email is populated with Outlook display value, not the real email. Any ideas what setting (and where) is not right? Jukka Majander ...

Hotmail addressbook into Outlook 2000
Anyone know how to import Hotmail contacts into Outlook 2000 without paying Microsoft for a subscription ? Even if you pay them, Hotmail will not work with Outlook 2000, only 2002 = and later. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 "Dave Warren" <profpsycho@me2u2me.com> wrote in message = news:rh4ki.18658$KV1.8209@read2.cgocable.net... Anyone know how to import Hotmail contacts into Outlook 2000 without = paying=20 Microsoft fo...

Problems saving excel file from outlook
I have an EU that whenever he saves an excel file from outlook, it will rename the file (by adding the number "2" at the end of the file "file2.xls") and it also changes all the embedding links in the document. (The embedding link of F:\users\file.xls changes to c:\documents and settings\file.xls) Are you setting a Hyperlink base for your links? See Menu > File > Property > Summary tab. Put the original folder location there and when you move or save the file the links will not be renamed. Also assigning a letter to the drive can cause problems (not ...

Excel
i use Excel with office xp. i have a form we have made that requires client Name, Address, Phone, Fax etc etc etc... currently i keep all those contacts within my outlook contacts... is there a way i can type in the client business name in that cell, and have excel do one of the following: autofill with available address, phone, fax, PC, City/Town, contact... or... give me a choice of available contact... keep in mind, the Address, Phone, Fax, PC, City, Contact Name are all different rows and colums... Any thoughts Big One method....... Export your Contacts from Outlook as a *.CSV f...

Groupwise to outlook
We are converting from novell to microsoft. As part of the conversion, we will be converting from Groupwise to outlook. Is there anyway to export/import the adress books from Groupwise to Outlook. I am finding that the export formats in groupwise do not match the import formats in outlook. Any advice? Is there third party software somewhere? ...

Outlook 2007 doesn't appear in Set Program Access and Defaults
I just installed Office 2007 Pro but for some reason Outlook 2007 doesn't appear in my "set program access and defaults". Outlook Express appears as my only option and Outlook Express appears in the e- mail slot on my start menu. Any ideas why? You must uninstall any prior version of Outlook and re-run setup using a = custom installation and make Outlook available. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching...

Outlook's Restore Down Button
I am using Outlook 2003 with Windows 7 and dual monitors. I normally click on the restore down button so that I can stretch outllook over the two monitors. All of a sudden I am experiencing a problem. When clicking on the restore down button, the only thing that is shown is a title bar, i.e., "Inbox - Microsoft Outlook". The bar can be resized horizontially, but not vertically. None of the information that exists below the title bar can be seen. When I hit maximize then everything reappears, however Outlook is only shown on the one monitor. When clicking on resto...

Exchange 2003 / Outlook XP How to lock down email format / colour and disable signatures
My boss wants a uniform email look for everyone throughout the organisation, as users are using bizarre colours for email backgrounds, unusual fonts, and their own personal signatures. To create a standard signature for users using information from AD, I believe there are 2 ways: either create an event sink using a VB script (I dont know how to do do this, so I won't be trying); or use a third party application like Exclaimer (BTW is there a good alternative to this - I have a quote for this but it is pretty damn expensive for what it does). To prevent users from using their own signatur...

Is there a way to configure an Outlook 2003 rule to forward email that are unread and older than 2 days?
I have received this request from a user: Hello, I've been asked to set up an alerts system that will warn me, and a few other people in the legal team on an on-going basis if there are emails in the Project 7 mailbox that are un-read and older than two days. I've had a quick look to see if this is something that I could do via alerts or rules, but couldn't figure this out. I wondered whether this was something that was possible to do? As far as I'm aware rule processing happens immediately after the mail arrives in the mailbox, but I thought I would double check before...

How to force regedit to start searching again?
Hello, It happens to me quite often. After conducting one search, regedit does not even try to search for the new search entry, instead displaying "Finished searching through the registry" message. When I restart Windows regedit will repeat the same scenario. How to re-initialize regedit without restarting Windows? Thanks, Claire Forgot to add that the closing and reopening regedit does not clear that. Claire "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message news:eZvc8EI%23KHA.1892@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > It happens to m...

Windows Mail Could Not Be Started 04-10-10
I have been following the variou solutions posted here and none of them are working. When I try to start Windows Mail I get this error: Windows Mail could not be started. initializong junk filtering. Your computer may be out of memory or your disk is full (ox80070002) If I click Ok, a new error appears: Windows Mail could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be initialized. I had been running Norton 360. I unistalled it and the ran the debris removal tool. Restarted. Same error message. I tried reaming the Contacts Folder and creatog anew one. Restarted. Tha...

Problem after e-mail server re-start
Hi, I have the prblem for OWA users to access the Exchange server every times re-started the server, and Outlook users using IMAP connection also experience delays or hangs. The following is found in the event log Source: W3SVC Event ID: 101 The server was unable to add the virtual root '/Exchange' for the directory 'M:\speedsourcing.com\MBX' due to the following error: The system cannot find the path specified. The data is the error code. From the Internet Services Manager, paths for Exchange, ExchWeb & Exadmin are all unavailable. The first two can be manually r...

Outlook and AOL #6
Has anyone seen a situation where - when you're running Outlook and then log onto AOL, AOL will block Outlook from send/receive. This is an intermittent situation. Sometimes AOL can run simultaneously with Outlook, sometimes the two cooperate for thirty minutes then the problem begins, sometimes the problem starts after five minutes. What do you think? Thanks, Mark I think you should quit using AOL. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 ...

'problem starting the Office Assistant'
Hello, I know this is slightly off-topic but... I'm using Excel from Office 2000 and am getting an error on startup which I'd really like to get rid of: - There was a problem starting the Office Assistant. Would you like to try installing it? I did try to re-install it but it didn't help. Any tips on how to get rid of this would be welcome! Thanks! >From Excel, along the menu at top, click Help and de-select "Show the Office Assistant". I'm biting my tongue, trying to resist the urge to editorialize about THAT particular piece of code. On 21 Nov 2005 18:...